my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Don't underestimate the power of the force...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Don't underestimate the power of the force...
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-28-2000 10:19 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok...this is a time old question...who was stonger Luke or Vader...????

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I got the rap industry clock clock on lock![/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.87
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-28-2000 10:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Vader was stronger. He overcame the Emperor, didn't he? He just couldn't let himself destroy his son. Besides, he was the one conceived from the midichlorians, right? Luke was a child by "normal" methods, (one parent a Force user, the other not, right?) He just happened to have had a REALLY BA-AA-AD DAD!

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.196
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-28-2000 10:38 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Strength and the Force I say Vader. He only lost the final battle because he's got a soft spot for his kid...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 206.148.195.95
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-28-2000 10:42 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason I brought this up beacause it is highly debated among the SW community. I have heard from some respected sources that Luke is stronger than Vader. You have to remember that he was only begining to get used to the Force in ROTJ he was not at his full potential. Vader was conceived of Midichlorians...so I really dunno...maybe it will be answered in the Prequels...

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.156
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-28-2000 10:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh-hh-hhh... that horsepucky about Luke being stronger and not reaching his full potential is probably just LightSider's barking loudly and not biting anything, hehehe... Vader was really ALL force, I mean, speaking "genetically." In Luke, the Force had to be diluted in strength since he only had one Force-User parent (albeit a strong one). It's all in the breeding....

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.196
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-28-2000 11:06 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't know...with the Force is in someone eleses universe(George Lucas's) and he has never stated that the Force has anything to do with breeding. Shmi did not appear to be able to touch the Force but Ani still had lots of power with the Force...and who says Obi-Wan's parents used the Force. Luke really never reached his full potential in the movies...so I think that he could be just as powerful as Vader and without having to use the Dark Side...

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.156
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-29-2000 04:32 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
blah! The Dark Side is stronger then the Light!

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.175
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-29-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*nods head* AMEN TO THAT, ANI!

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.207
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-29-2000 08:24 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Side is not more powerful....just easier....and it seduces better...power is a good thing....but to quick can be a bad thing...

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.150
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-29-2000 08:28 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Switch Power with Money and take a look at eminem (sp?)

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.175
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-30-2000 01:09 AM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MY two cents, Vader truly was stronger. He had the Universe at his fingertips, but the love for his son got in the way of that. Rather than pay attention to tasks at hand he was doing the whole "To be Sith or Father" bit. He was the one who rid the entire universe of nearly every single Jedi, so now I ask, what is stronger dark or light?

And Ani, MONEY IS POWER. He who holds the cash, holds the power of the world in his hands. Money warps people, and everything and yes, EVERYONE has a price.

------------------
Darth Wicked
[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.125.28
JerocMahoy

aka BobPalpatine

Member # 32

posted 08-30-2000 08:55 AM     Profile for JerocMahoy   Author's Homepage   Email JerocMahoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"Anyone who says money is the root of all evil doesn't fuckin have any. Look at the fuckin smile on my face!

Ben Afflek in Boiler Room

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 47 | From: St. Charles, MO, USofA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.173
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 09-04-2000 11:23 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it was humorist Ogden Nash who quipped (correctly) that "LACK of money is the root of all evil."

And on the issue of who is more powerful -- Vader, by a long shot.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.128.52
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-04-2000 11:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good point, Gouyen; I agree with ya 200%!

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.187
RedMirax

Member # 56

posted 09-11-2000 09:11 PM     Profile for RedMirax   Author's Homepage   Email RedMirax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe Luke was stronger. It takes a lot more strength to do the right thing than the wrong thing. That's why it took Vader so long to do the right thing. Luke had enough inner power (force) to resist the Emperor. Vader didn't until the end.

------------------
Who needs TK? Corran has EVERYTHIG else!!!

Posts: 42 | From: Dallas,Tx | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 64.217.249.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-04-2002 03:26 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vader was stronger and forever will be stronger. I hate Luke alot, because I dont think he did win anyways. I mean he only sliced off his dad's arm for god's sakes. Thats it, I dont think he would have survived otherwise. Vader surley would have killed him if he didn't sympthized for his son so much, and knew that if he was to draw him to the Darkness the Empire would last much longer after his death. Luke clearly couldn't and cant do the things that Anakin has shown in the last movie, his whole style just is so nice. And specially when he gets angry, he can tear you up. Hehe-now I think that Vader was slightly more calmer in a few scenes, but Im pretty sure if he got angry, Luke would be dead. Plain and simple Could've killed him even when he was calm. Just a grip and throw down the steps

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Kanos

Broken Back Button

Member # 334

posted 09-04-2002 06:31 AM     Profile for Kanos   Author's Homepage   Email Kanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah! Ill say this a million times over but i hate the new movies.

Vader was stronger.Why did he lose? He wasnt trying. There is the answer.

--------------------

For some people punishment is a lesson, For others its a Lifetime!

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 172.142.186.93
Selah

Member # 201

posted 09-18-2002 09:37 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely believe that Vader was stronger. Luke just pussy-footed around the Force, whining and not really using it or believing in it. Even in ROTJ, he was soo young (to the Force).

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 216.65.188.138
Smalleyjedi

Member # 149

posted 10-20-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Smalleyjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Smalleyjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmmm......I'd have to say vader was stronger...he just was not wanting to jill Luke, but with his anger, Luke was stronger than Vader expected....with his full power luke would have been toast, he could have just force chucked him down the shaft! The bigger question....put the following force users in order of their power. Vader, palpy, Luke, Yoda, obi-wan. I say the strongest is Palpy...they wouldnt have known his midicholrian count when anikin was hailed as the greatest, he his his force power from the jedi under their noses, and Vader was genuinly afraid of him, admitting it would take Luke's help to defeat him. Next Vader. Then I have to say Yoda. Especially before he got old and feeble he must have been frickin amazing. Luke and Ben it is difficult to say....Im not including EU cus they woosyfy Luke, but I think Luke and Ben round out pretty equal.

--------------------

The force is all, the force takes no sides. The only darkness is in your heart.

Posts: 22 | From: Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05