my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » those movies.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: those movies.....
R2

Dictator

Member # 121

posted 05-25-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for R2   Author's Homepage   Email R2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is/was it about those movies? the special effects? the sabers? the sfx was it for me, but that was only the attention grabber. from there it was the jedi, the falcon, and so on. As you can see its influenced my life, cause if it hadn't this very message you're reading, those graphics on the main page, and escapepod.net wouldn't exist. What type of an impact has it had on you lives, I mean we're talkin halloween costumes and jedi birthday cakes. I'm talkin about the websites, the 100s u've spent on figures. Where would our human race be with out ole George? : ) Well lets not take that extreme but just 3 movies and then this. so what's your reply

------------------

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 63.25.209.7
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-25-2000 06:59 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's serious, It has changed his life more than anything....you should see him, I liked the storyline. I dressed up as luke fo halloween once, and some guy thought I was obi-wan, I was like, Are you stupid or something, have you ever seen obi-wan wearing all black???!!! NO.....I'll go calm down now...

------------------
thePOD Anakin

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.143
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 06-30-2000 01:45 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Star Wars has made a great impact on my life. Ever since I saw it when I was little I have been amazed by the lightsaber effects and the other cool stuff in the movie. Some people may think that SW is for nerds or something like that but tell that to the girls that like me right now(there hot yo! ) Well just wanted to say you guys are not the only ones who's life has changed because of Star Wars. :
Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.39
R2

Dictator

Member # 121

posted 06-30-2000 12:05 PM     Profile for R2   Author's Homepage   Email R2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
:-)
Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 63.10.253.162
13thDarkLord

Member # 18

posted 07-26-2000 07:51 PM     Profile for 13thDarkLord   Author's Homepage   Email 13thDarkLord     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
though I've only been a major fan for the past two years it has changed my life. Though I have to admit that its really embarassing to turn 17 and my mom brings out a birthday cake, infront of family and friends, with Qui-Gon and Darth Maul fighting on it. I mean I'm a collecter of SW books and ect. but it was still scary. Oh well.... if I a SW nerd I am, than so be it. I'm happy to be one

------------------
13thDarkLord

Posts: 66 | From: Vicksburg, Ms.,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.79
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-29-2000 02:53 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dork (I saw the cake...I think he really liked it...he's just in denial )

------------------
I got the rap industry clock clock on lock!

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.7
13thDarkLord

Member # 18

posted 07-30-2000 12:45 PM     Profile for 13thDarkLord   Author's Homepage   Email 13thDarkLord     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well BOB we'll just see how funny it is to you when your mom brings out a cake with SW characters on it.Just wait I'll see to it that on the day that you turn 17 you to shall face the horror.
I'm not in denial anyway. I like SW everyone in my family knows that so it doesn't bother me. All I was saying was that that situation was a bit embaressing. Oh well... you'll get your's BOB.... Old buddy.

------------------
[monger=0000ff,ff0000]13thDarkLord[/monger]

Posts: 66 | From: Vicksburg, Ms.,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.6
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 07-30-2000 12:52 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well then I guess its just too bad that I don't live in Mississippi anyomre. HHAHAHAHAHA....You won't even see me on my 17th B-Day! So there!

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I got the rap industry clock clock on lock![/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.6
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 07-30-2000 11:04 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha...I'd be the kind of person to actually ASK for a cake like that. Though I'm actually more of a closet Star Wars freak. Friends of mine will come into my room and be surprised to see my ESB poster (which rocks, BTW)

Both my little sis and I are big Star Wars nuts, though I don't let her forget I was a fan before she was! It can be really interesting to have two fans in the same house. I sew, and my little sister was begging me to make her some Jedi robes last year for Halloween...It can be great to have somebody in your family to share this stuff with. Our two cousins in Seattle are fans too, and whenever we go over to their house, the 13 year old always shows us his new action figures and cards like a proud collector. All in the family.

I'll stop rambling now.

------------------
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.53
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2000 12:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe... I've been a Star Wars fan since the Original Trilogy first came out. I was nuts over Darth Vader as a kid; wanted everything relating to Star Wars I saw in the store, but of course my mom wouldn't buy. Now, with income of my own, I am glad to be able to indulge myself, as the SW fanaticism is reignited with the release of the Trilogy and TPM. I have 12" figs on display in my living room! But the biggie: if it weren't for SW, I wouldn't be here in this Pod, and Graysith wouldn't exist. She's kinda my alter-ego: I have GRYSITH on my license plates! Now I'm rambling....

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.179
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-16-2000 02:55 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still remember when I first saw Star Wars, waaaaaay back when I was a teenager -- everything changed for me. For me, it really was "A New Hope." I was going through some tough times then -- my parents were splitting up, I wasn't doing well in school and I was in a psychological tailspin. I give that movie full credit for getting me through high school -- that's what kind of power it had -- and still has -- for me.

Proud to be a Star Wars junkie

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with you 100%, Gouyen, regarding your experience with SW and its influence on your life. There IS a Force that is out there, accessible to all, and it can touch our everyday lives, if we would only open ourselves up to it. This is what I am trying to learn right now... but in the meantime, it's great when it "intrudes" by its own device and unexpectedly affects us! Lord knows I've had this happen to me...! Wonder if this is something of which Mr. Lucas is aware, or if he just kinda "stumbled" across the idea for his movies?

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.197
R2

Dictator

Member # 121

posted 08-17-2000 03:38 PM     Profile for R2   Author's Homepage   Email R2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If only George could read some of these....

------------------
[MONGER=ffffff,ffffff]R2 thePOD[/monger]

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 63.25.211.136
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2000 04:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scoff if you will-- I used to. That prevents the utilization of what's out there. Ask the Rosicrucians....

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.56
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 08-18-2000 07:54 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We had a huge discussion about whether the Force is real or not on the Senate and it ended in disaster for all. Just reminding everybody to play nice.

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.169
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2000 10:05 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are playing nicely! No one stomping upon or otherwise running roughshod over any belief systems that I know of.... I was just stating a mere "hint" of happenings taken from my personal experiences.

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.57
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-19-2000 03:03 AM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Along with filmmaking, George Lucas studied anthropology, with a special emphasis on mythology. So Star Wars isn't really "just another sci-fi series," like Star Trek, but a modern mythology.

The concept of the Force is based primarily upon the Eastern concept of "chi" or life energy. One way to connect with this energy is through meditation, such as the Zazen of Zen Buddhism. Another, more active way is through the study of martial arts, such as karate and kung-fu. Also akin to this is "the zone" of professional athletes, when everything seems efortless and you just can't fail. I've been in this state on many occasions, mostly when mountain biking or dirt biking -- it's positively euphoric. It's really more of a state of mind that something religious, and it is very real.

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
-- Wm. Shakespeare

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.129.55
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2000 09:06 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you, Gouyen, for coming out with that explanation. I was hesitant to mention the eastern philosophies, for fear of treading on any toes. But regarding the "Force;" it DOES exist, and one can attune oneself with it. (Get a "singing bowl;" this helps you reach that state.)

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.143

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05