my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » thePOD Meet and Greet   » No Masquarade here!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: No Masquarade here!
Lord of the Masque

Member # 615

posted 03-14-2005 10:21 PM     Profile for Lord of the Masque   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Masque     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's just your old friend ryk.

--------------------

"Truth has been sketched, fantasy stretched, and reality bounces off the wall inbetween!" -Madrigal: The Royal Wedding

Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-15-2005 12:24 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm... sorry, but this character seems a touch too farfetched even for us.

Is he Sith? Is he human? What the heck is Shiado???

Make him a Sith who for whatever reason chooses to take on a human appearance via Sith magicks; the rest is ok, about the mask and his being an outcast (for whatever reason).

But this weird Sith/Shiado/human thing is just too much, sorry.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.170.169
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 03-15-2005 12:50 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um, Gray, I think I know what Ryk is doing. A Shiado (or however it's spelled) is a shapeshifter, but rarely ever shows his true form. We saw Clawdites in Episode II, but Shiado's are master shapeshifters, sometimes spending entire lifetimes disguised as another species, integrating themselves into their society, and sometimes die, never revealing that they are shapeshifters. This is typical though, because most people never trust a shapeshifter. The older a Shiado gets, the more skilled he becomes at shapeshifting also.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Lord of the Masque

Member # 615

posted 03-15-2005 02:14 PM     Profile for Lord of the Masque   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Masque     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nailed et on the head you did Sak. They're from starwars, specifically created in the Star Scream series of books in the 90's.

[ 03-15-2005 02:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lord of the Masque ]

--------------------

"Truth has been sketched, fantasy stretched, and reality bounces off the wall inbetween!" -Madrigal: The Royal Wedding

Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-15-2005 08:10 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Cop. Djorn was a shiado.

They basically take the form of whatever species they want to, they just have to be about that creatures size. They are awesome.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-15-2005 10:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you all for the clarification. Much confusion would have been avoided had that reference been placed in the description.

All is well, and this particular character looks interesting, to say the least!

Carry on....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.170.169

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05