my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Whats attracts you to RP

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Whats attracts you to RP
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:26 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What makes you interested in role playing?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-17-2003 12:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't you tell us your interest in it first?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:36 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I will.

My interest is the interaction, the world and the character. The interaction first has to be realistic, but if that is checked off it is all uphill from there. You have a character you have established who is being confronted by all these situations that you may never have to deal with in your life and you have to come up with a desicion in how he will deal with it.

It as if taking an unwritten script and having a group of people helping you write ever bit.

Another thing that is attractive is the character development. It is interesting to see how your character grows. It is as if you are seeing your son first walking when seeing the character you make blossom into something new.

It is more interesting to have it happen without it being planned.

One other thing I find very interesting about RP is the fact that it is as if you are acting. I find acting fascinating, but something that comes easy to me. You are falling into a role you have created. Your feeling the charcter, your understand the character.

Your becoming that character you created for as long as you posted.

Those are the reason Im attracted to role playing.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:42 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As for me, the RP is like a book in which I am a character. It is interesting to read it as well as play it. Also THIS is the best RPG i have seen on the net. The others were so!!!! stagnant.

And yea I like the interaction.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05