my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » What do you hear?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: What do you hear?
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-04-2005 01:06 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you hear when you are writing for one of your characters? Do you have a specific "themesong' for your characters, or just a tune? For example, when I RP for "Commissar Stern", I listen too "Gethsemane (I Only Want Too Say)" from Jesus Christ Superstar. I think I'll make a list as I figure it out.... But what about the rest of you?

Rykounagin- "Almost Human" ~Voltaire and "Take it all Away" by (someone who I don't know)

Kalvendar- "Crusade" ~Voltaire

Lord of the Masque- "Goodnight Demonslayer" ~Voltaire

Commissar Stern- Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) ~Jesus Christ Superstar

Nefrai Kesh- "Psycho" ~Perfecto (Paul Oakenfold)

Arien- "Return to Zanarkand" ~Final Fantasy X

Onidorei- "Bohemian Rhyapsody" ~Queen

This is sorta a temporary list, that could be subject to change as time wears on. But what about the rest of you?

[ 11-08-2005 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-04-2005 02:57 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rykounagin that's a pretty cool topic I think. Since I only write for one character right now I listen to a variety of things from old metallica, sound track to resident evil: apocolypse.

I tend to like hearing "powerful" music. Whether it's classical or hard rock. Something with a strong beat and give you chills when you hear it.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 09-04-2005 04:01 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listen to "Anakins Dark Deeds" from the ROTS Soundtrack. Its a cool song.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-04-2005 04:14 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I agree with you Sellith. I sometimes also like hearing the theme music for the uruk-hai from LOTR Two Towers.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-15-2005 10:18 PM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listen to the same things Sarisa does. LOL

--------------------

It's nothing personal. It's just business.

Posts: 97 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-15-2005 11:54 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gott say, Ryk, Bohemian Rhapsody does NOT strike me as a song for Onidorei. Just thought I'd throw that out.

As to what I listen to...oh, nothin specific. Just usually Star Wars or Lord of the Rings music. Or Queen or the Beatles.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.176.2.144
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-16-2005 12:00 AM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
good picks Blade.

--------------------

Agent Korsair

Member # 534

posted 09-16-2005 05:06 PM     Profile for Agent Korsair   Author's Homepage   Email Agent Korsair     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I chose BR for Oni because of the "surealness" of it, how it plays along being condemned and such.

--------------------

"Don't move for a second, I've got a perfect shot at your head."

Posts: 44 | From: Unknown | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.76.150
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 09-16-2005 05:44 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just to let you know Ryk, Down With The Sickness is by Disturbed, not System of a Down. As for what I hear when I write for Sa'kal, it would have to be any Disturbed song, especially Down with the Sickness, and the Devil May Cry soundtrack, being the Sa'kal's image is based off of Dante.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-16-2005 06:17 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't know there was a soundtrack out for Devil May Cry. What kind of music does it have?

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Agent Korsair

Member # 534

posted 09-16-2005 08:23 PM     Profile for Agent Korsair   Author's Homepage   Email Agent Korsair     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This proves that I'm sleep deprived! I only have that one song on my comp, so it doesn't show who it's by....

--------------------

"Don't move for a second, I've got a perfect shot at your head."

Posts: 44 | From: Unknown | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.76.150
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-16-2005 08:53 PM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man. Maybe you should get more songs or get some sleep then.

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 09-17-2005 01:02 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think there is a actual soundtrack, but I've actually turned the game on before when writing for Sa'kal, and I think that you can download many of the songs off the internet (from the Devil May Cry site I believe). It's mostly rock, metal, and some other kinds of music also. Has anyone realized I like Devil May Cry? I think Dante is the perfect example of a kick ass character, along side Sephiroth, but I like Dante's smart ass remarks better.

[ 09-17-2005 01:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05