my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » New RPs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: New RPs
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-02-2001 12:35 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are we starting over or are we starting where we left off?

Rogue Angel: Come quick We should just start over with the Jedi...we can discuss what we wanna do...

I'm gonna ask Mara if she'll be a Jedi with us so we'll have people

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.254
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-02-2001 02:13 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, let me know because I'd love to jump in wherever it starts...

------------------
If the wind no longer calls you, it is time to see if you have forgotten your name...

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.157
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-02-2001 02:59 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If your gonna be a Jedi we can start anytime I think were just gonna start off at the temple again.

My character Jeroc Mahoy is the head of the Praxeum when Skywalker isn't there. So depending on your age I'll prolly be training your character. We do leave the temple tho...

I'll be doing a student character also called Logan Murroe since Jeff never gets online anymore...I'm just gonna use his character...and when he stays with me this summer he can write for him.

I'll prolly hand over my other student character Cordea Nova over to Tina. She's better at girl characters than I am In the old Jedi RP last summer she was Jeroc's wife but it wasn't working....so I'm makin her a student this time round

I also have a Admiral(he used to be a general but I'm gonna have him as an Admiral now )

Yea but we definitly need more characters...

Admiral Noric needs a right hand man...and if you want Mara...you can make an X-Wing commander and have his squad on my flagship It'd be fun. Do it kinda a Wraith Squadron way...it'd be neat...I'd even do a character for the squad

Tell your friends bout the RPs too...their fun once you get em started!

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.254
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-02-2001 03:10 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, my character isn't a Jedi YET, but I can definitely place her at the temple if that is where we start. I have a plan already...

------------------
If the wind no longer calls you, it is time to see if you have forgotten your name...

Posts: 980 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.157
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-02-2001 08:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey peeps!

I have several characters, all involved in a thread in the Complete SW Universe ("Intermission" thread.) My one character is kind of a good person, all the others are evil. Everyone is out to get galen (my good one) because she is pregnant with a child who will be super powerful in the Force, and all the Dark Siders want the baby to train for the Dark Side. She has a sister who has been "chosen" by the Original Sith (long story here) to implement the physical return of their magickal civilization (very powerful and dark indeed)-- she is now Graysith and super ba-aa-aad... hehehe... anyhoo, she is after the baby, too; she wanted it gone as she was also pregnant with a powerful child, but due to an action by galen lost her baby and now is healing at Korriban under the care of a Sith Sorcerer, Aelvedaar.

ANYHOO, Galen is now a prisoner of Admiral Actar, who "rescued" her from the dark Lady Gouyen Chee (who is the top dog of the Assazi Compendium, all dark siders, and a close friend of graysith)--that's the background in a nutshell, but once galen figures out how to get away from Actar she's gonna have all these bad dudes out on her tail...AND SHE COULD USE A LIL LIGHT HELP HERE! So SOMEONE PUH-LEEEEZE feel free to leap into that thread; Rogue, you're such a good writer, COME ON IN AND PLAY!

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.167
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-02-2001 08:41 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but beware of Admiral Actar, cause he's an emotionally unstable guy and you know how those types can get He'll cut off your fingers and use them to pick his nose. j/k

------------------
- Anakin
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.129.46.167
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-02-2001 08:43 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, just to remind everyone... all forums here are "real-time," and thus you can hop from one to another and go in and out of threads... kind of like you're travelling from one part of the Star Wars Galaxy to another...

Hehehe... maybe I can get Galen away from Actar and hop into whatever thread you begin! But look out; there will be some bad apples on her trail!

------------------

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.167
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-03-2001 01:19 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to join you but first could someone tell me what this is, how it works, what it entails and all that good stuff?
Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-03-2001 01:55 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its a regular RP but in a real-time world where when one thing happens in one forum it can effect the other. Personally I think this is a way more organized RP than lots of them out there but thats just me....

You create a character and it can be anything that has to do with the SW universe...it can be a senator, pilot, jedi, sith...

Depending on your character you might wanna ask how you can jump in...

Like right now if you were to make a Jedi...write a thing of your character and how he got there...and then I will take it from there to greet you...

There are some rules too...

1. No posting with another person's character. It if for them to use only. You can use them when they say you can...but if they haven't don't use their character to say stuff...they'll answer you themselves.

2. No constant fighting. We want stories behind our RPs...constant fighting can ruin it.

3. No unstopable characters. Make it so your character has weaknesses as well as strengths. Everyone has gotta lose battles sometimes.

4. Be as realistic as you can please.

5. Jokes between characters are ok...but try to keep a serious tone to it too. Don't make it all goofy like. Like don't make fun of the Matrix within your post ("I know Kung Fu")

6. Try and keep all posts clean. Cursing and Swearing are allowed sometimes...but don't overuse it. Sex and stuff...lets try to keep that um...yea. Blood and Guts are gonna happen so thats not too bad. Least I don't mind it.

These are offcial rules(cept #1)...but their good rules to follow, trust me

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-03-2001 04:23 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok so I just pick a name and make a person behind that name and jump in somewhere I think I can do that - I'm very good at telling stories but I think i can handle this...
Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-03-2001 04:30 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh...yea its not hard but its different.

*Pssst...we need Jedi*

Have fun

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-03-2001 05:10 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Already there Blake - will you take a 6 year old first time padawan?

BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-03-2001 05:23 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea we'll take a 6 year old trainee...she's not old enough to be a Padawan yet but we need some younger characters that have no prior knowledge of the Force.

I have a character that can end up being a mother-like figure to her...I just gotta ask Tina if she wants to play it

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-03-2001 05:55 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me!
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-03-2001 06:46 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blake, where in the galaxy is Admiral Noric? And he's with the Empire right?

------------------
- Anakin
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.201.132
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-03-2001 07:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First things first...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BLAKE! You did a wonderful job answering the question and acting as moderator for me... I'm afraid I've been guilty of being absent, and am relieved you were here to pave the way. Thanks again for handling it!

Everyone, I am thinking this could be fun if we all get into one thread... my character galen is about to come join you in an escape... she might be "trailing" some rather bad dudes... we could all have fun with this... if you're curious as to what's going on, just read the "Intermission" thread in SW Universe (I repeat myself, keke) and you'll get the background.

This is going to be fun, and I hope it's ok with y'all...

Grins through whiskers...

(Sorry about that, Blake; it's a leftover from my Tigress days...! heh!)

------------------

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.47
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-03-2001 08:24 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gotta make another Terrin Danner post...

------------------

Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 05-05-2001 08:25 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Blake! I'm here and ready to role-play I like the ideas you've got so far...I still want to do Cella because she's my alter ego but I'll take some more female characters. I'm glad that you're taking on Logan--I never really felt I could do him right...it was weird for me to do a guy So I'm going to pop over to the Praxeum and see what we got...

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.37.3
Padme

unregistered

posted 06-03-2001 11:23 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,How can you become a jedi?
Logged: 209.214.11.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05