my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Expecting the Unexpected (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Expecting the Unexpected
Xenn

Member # 669

posted 09-07-2005 10:18 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Continues from Every Secret Has a Beginning in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

Xenn hits a bunch of flashing buttons, and twists a couple knobs. He locates the microphone and hails General Ahem aboard the Sormontato, the head ship blockading all of Tatooine.

"This is Xenn aboard the FL-142 Flower Recon ship, requesting docking permission to the sanctioned grounds of the new jedi academy."

He and the others wait patiently for a responce.

[ 09-08-2005 11:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 71.105.78.239
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-07-2005 11:13 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(( Sarisa Ker enters from Every Secret Has A Beginning in the same forum thank you ))

Her eyes catch the fact that the streaks of light are now tiny dots glimmering in the distance.
We've come out of hyperspace she thought to herself.

Gathering her self up she sips a cool glass of water before making her way to the bridge to see what's going on.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 09-08-2005 06:33 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Major beckons Sarisa and speaks,

"We should get in the Shield, we have to get permission to land from those bloody imps..."

He then stepped into the turbolift, and held it open for Sarisa. He brought up his comlink and depressed two buttons, one for the Shield's security system and one for the systems on the shield to start running. Two cheery beeps followed after the button presses.

((OOC: Xenn, wait for us! lol))

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.186.112.1
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-08-2005 05:14 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Major catches her eyes as she observes him motioning for her to join him.

She walks over to him as she looks around the bridge watching the crewman conduncting their assigned duties proficiently. She then looks outside the main viewing area of the bridge to see the multishaded red planet as well as the glimmering of the vast armada surrounding the poor orb.

"Is that Tattooine I see infront of us? What's Xenn doing? SHouldn't we gather Kitiana and Somar and anyone else who might want to join us?"

A flury of questions flies from her small mouth like a hail of arrows at a single target.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 09-09-2005 06:38 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Well, if they ever get up here, I can have a crew member or two tell them where we went, "

He looked out the hangar bay,

"Hell, they might already be with xenn!"

He then walked up to his ship and released the mag-locks, the two arms on top and the bottom of the ship retracted, letting the shield float on it own.

"Well, let's get this pointless recon overwith..."

He walked up the ramp and climbed the cabin ladder, he then sat in the pilot shair and grabbed the flying yoke like a horned beast and waited for Sarisa to find a seat.

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.186.112.1
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-09-2005 01:08 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"To all incoming vessels: this is ISSD Sormontato.

"Halt, and identify yourselves, all parties aboard, and state purpose for arrival in Tatooine space. Any attempt to approach any further without submitting to query will result in your being fired upon.

"This is Sormontato, out."

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Xenn

Member # 669

posted 09-09-2005 01:24 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Xend Sends transmission back to the Ship

"My name is Xenn, and i am representing myself, aboard the Flower of Carnage recon ship FL-142, and the others aboard the Flower Of carnage itself. I am Requesting permission for myself and the others to land at the grounds sanctiond for the new Jedi academy."

Xenn waits...

[ 09-09-2005 04:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xenn ]

Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 71.106.32.142
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-09-2005 06:20 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finding a seat she buckles herself in as she looks around the inside of the Majors ship.

She's never seen such a craft in person. Only heard vague mentions of this type of vessel by her mother.

Soon the transmission from the Imperials came over the comms asking what we were doing there.

"well Major it may end up being pointless but it's still worth investigating. Also, I think we should keep the mention of ourselves even thinking the idea of creating our own academy should be kept secret during our time here."

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-09-2005 11:37 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Flower of Carnage, identify all other members aboardship and state the nature of their visit to Tatooine.

"Over.

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Kitiana

Member # 598

posted 09-10-2005 03:24 AM     Profile for Kitiana   Author's Homepage   Email Kitiana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((ooc- Kitiana enters from 'Every Secret has a Beginning' in the same forum
sorry for taking so long to reply >.< Anywyas, Xenn, I'm just going to go ahead and say Kitiana is with you, if that is alright. sorry I don't have much time to post))

Kitiana sits quietly and looks out the viewing window toward Tattooine. she had never seen the planet up close before, but had hears stories of it from the past.

"Do you think it wise to mention our purpose here?'

[ 09-10-2005 03:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kitiana ]

--------------------

Life is only what you make of it...
http://www.geocities.com/reyven_tear/Kitiana1.jpg

Posts: 107 | From: Iraq | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 144.104.30.38
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 09-10-2005 06:34 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Sellith enters from 'Every Secret Has A Beginning' in the same forum, thank you))

Sellith watched the other ships depart from the hanger. He quickly ran down to his ship to join them, he didn't want to fall behind. He started his ship and tried to catch up with the other ships. He had not seen a blockade of this scale from as close as we was.

Soon he caught up with the Major and Sarisa's ship. He could see Xenn and Kitiana's ship further ahead.
Tattooine has alot of history, there will be alot to learn from this. Sellith thought to himself.

Sellith went faster so the Major could see him, I will be joining you all, I hope you don't mind. he with his mind to all the group he was with.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 09-12-2005 06:34 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Major quickly keyed the comm, hearing that the Iperial's tone getting a tad peeved.

"This is Major Konig, of the Flower of Carnage, I'm just visiting the planet to survey the Jedi Praxeum site. I command the Flower of Carnage, but I'm currently located on the Jedi Shield, the little red and white ship. Currently with me is Sarisa Ker, and ahead of me is a recon ship, piloted by Xenn, and maybe a few passengers."

He inhaled,

"Do we have permission to pass?"

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-13-2005 03:05 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was only due to his years of training, training which had imprinted military professionalism into the very heart of each and every cell in his being, that the Lieutenant at the comm refrained from snorting outright.

Maybe a few passengers?

He was bending lower to the mike to reply when behind him a cry rang out.

"General on deck!"

He could fairly hear the crisp snap as the command crew leapt to their collective feet in salute; again, his training kept him engaged at his station.

"Flower of Carnage, this is Sormontato. Ahh-- 'maybe a few passengers' is denied; we request all writs of travel and identification information for all those onboard all ships immediately, including purpose of visit for the entire party as well.

"Over."

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-13-2005 06:20 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every ounce of her wanted to jump through the comms and be face to face with this new person's voice, but she knew that wasn't possible nor would it achieve anything but trouble.

Taking a reaxing breath and using as calm of a voice as she could muster she keyed the button to transmit.

"Sormontato this is Sarisa Ker aboard the Shield from Flower of Carnage. Our members consist of Major Konig, Xenn, Kitiana, Somar, Ender and myself along with Major Konig's crew who are remaining aboard the Flower of Carnage. We are here to request permission to investigate the proposal of a Jedi Praxeum on Tattooine. Over"

She sat back and turned to the Major. "I really hate the Empire, but I shall do what I must for all of ou sake while we are here.

She took yet another deep breath.

" I hope that was a more satisfactory reply to their querry."

[ 09-13-2005 06:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 09-14-2005 06:36 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"That ought to work..." spoke the Major, off comm.

He calibrated a few defense systems in case the imps plan on an ambush, he then looked ahead to see Xenn and Somar's ships sitting still in space, their thrusters gently keeping them in place, the same as the ship The M<ajor and Sarisa were on.

--------------------

Xenn

Member # 669

posted 09-14-2005 12:52 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Xenn looks over at Kitiana.

"Im sensing a trap Kitiana, but for the sake of our task at hand, we must let them know why we are here. The Imperials sanctioned this Temple, So there HAS to be a catch."

Xenn looks out at the blockade, waiting for a response.

Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 71.105.78.239
General Ahem

Member # 341

posted 09-14-2005 03:03 PM     Profile for General Ahem   Author's Homepage   Email General Ahem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Lieutenant was preparing a reply when there came an announcement from Weapons.

"Sir, I am reading that their defense systems are coming online."

Ahem, having come up behind the Lieutenant at Communications, turned his head sharply at this. A frown wrinkled his grizzled features.

"This is certainly unexpected; a subtle attempt at a threat?" he mused, just barely loud enough for his command crew to hear.

"They know Tarnus has sanctioned the rebuilding of their praxeum, they themselves have acknowledged that. This is entirely out of character for a Jedi, not to mention no Jedi I have ever heard of comes with so many ships at his beck and call... and I was certainly not aware of anyone sanctioning the use of a battle cruiser to anyone other than our own military."

The Lieutenant looked up at him, then nodded, returning to his board as the General gave his shoulder a meaningful squeeze.

"This is entirely too suspicious, permission is denied. Open a scrambled intership transmission, please."

A flick of a switch, and the command was obeyed.

"To all Imperial vessels, this is General Ahem. Please boost your gains to the tractor beams interlacing; there are vessels here claiming to be Jedi who wish passage. Their weapons systems have come online--"

That statement was a rather redundant one, he realized; all the blockading ships around Tatooine more than likely were already aware of the fact.

"Be prepared in the event of an attack upon us, however futile that would be. But these ships are not -- I repeat, not to be allowed passage to Tatooine at this time.

"General Ahem, out."

He looked to the viewscreen which zoomed obligingly in upon Flower of Carnage.

"Flower of Carnage, this is Sormontato.

"One moment, if you please...

"Sormontato, out."

Even as he closed communication he nodded toward an alert Second Lieutenant. That young officer immediately attended to his board, bringing up specs pertaining to each of the vessels, easily gleaned from their immense data base, pinpointing them quite easily from the unique signature which accompanied each ship.

"Send that data to my ready room," Ahem ordered, then turned and departed, there to begin studying the information concerning each ship, including place of origin and acknowledged owner history.

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 09-14-2005 03:50 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This does not look good. Sellith thought to himself, he thought about pulling out but he knew that it was too late.They are not going to let us through, I can feel it.

He quickly got on his own comms device to inform the party.

"I don't think that they are going to let us through. What do you think we should do?.."

Sellith slowed down so that the Majors cockpit was in line with his own.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-14-2005 05:33 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sarisa closes her eyes and opens her mind in an attempt to "see" what's going on, but no clear image appears. Only a sense of unease mixed with some confusion.

Her eyes still closed she speaks to the Major.

"You must disengage your defenses. I do not think we are going to be fired upon unless we do something rash. They seem confused at your actions. I suggest you lower them before something bad happens."

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Xenn

Member # 669

posted 09-14-2005 11:40 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Xenn gets up from the controls and walks to the back end of the tiny ship, to sit on a drum of spare fuel. Resting his head up against the metal machinery around him he awaits the response of the general, or the Soromontato, or whatever is going to give them permission to enter Tatooine.

He walks back over to the cockpit and pulls up the schematics for the ship, which is really meant for nothing more than a recon drop off and pick up, heavily sheilded and armored incase the to be crew is in a bit of trouble while trying to board and take off.

Xenn looks over to Kitiana with a hopeful look in his eye then redirects his attention to the commscreen in hope that the imperials will have a response.

Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 71.106.32.142
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 09-15-2005 06:34 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Eschuta! They think we're threatening them..."

He keyed the comm,

"None of my defenses are online! I repeat, nothing besides my engines are powered on! Over."

((OOC: I Calibrated my defenses, I never powered them up, nice job misconstruing my post..."

The Major keyed a secure transmission to the Flower,

"We may need to get out of the system really fast Bruno, be prepared to power up shields and the cloak, Over."

He closed the comm and reconnected to the Star Destroyer. There was a whine from the sensor pod and he looked down, the Tractor Beams on the Star Destroyer were powering up.

"Oh, great..."

((OOC: I can edit the rest of this post, but if you want to continue with the idea that a frieghter would threaten a Star Destroyer, be my guest))

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-15-2005 04:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: KONIG!! Your "tone" is not appreciated. ALSO The Empire never powered up OR EVEN "CALIBRATED" the tractor beams.

Talk about "misconstruing a post..."

It is NOT wise to be rude to the admin.

Thank you for your time with us here.))

[ 09-15-2005 05:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
General Ahem

Member # 341

posted 09-17-2005 02:43 PM     Profile for General Ahem   Author's Homepage   Email General Ahem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The General frowned in annoyance at what he was reading.

Or lack thereof.

Indeed, there was little information to be found concerning the troop of ships so suddenly appearing in Tatooine space.

I find this lack... disturbing, he thought to himself as he reached out a thoughtful hand to close the window.

And in particular, the battleship; how in blazes did a jedi come into possession of a battleship?

And of greater importance... WHY.

Extremely atypical.

He pursed his lips, then reached out and toggled some more keys. Now the display scrolling in front of him showed objects of almost heart-warming familiarity...

...but which were of an even more disturbing nature.

MIA Vessels, IHQ Command Eyes Only

He scanned the specs, grimacing at what he was reading.

They lost so many; how could such a thing happen?

Even as the question came to mind, he knew its answer. In the days of the budding new republic and the Empire under Palpatine, there was little organization, as impossible as that might seem. Although the old Dark Jedi had put up a menacing front, in reality it was quite often that under his regime the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing.

If, indeed, those hands were given permission to do anything autonomic at all.

But no more, Ahem thought as once again he closed the window, and got to his feet. A quick tug straightened an imvisible wrinkle on his impeccable uniform

Actar runs an orderly ship; the Galaxy will be all the better for it.

Now he flipped open a connection to the bridge.

"Tractor in those smaller vessels, target the battleship but but other than remaining on Red Alert in the event of possible attack, take no overt action other than that.

"I will meet those aboard these ships in the Main Docking bay.

"General Ahem, out."

With a final tug upon his uniform he departed his ready room, heading for the giant bay in whose belly he soon expected to find some answers to several questions which plagued him.

Around him, the echoes of the booted footfalls of his personal guards sounded off the corridors, becoming louder and louder as more and more joined to make certain nothing untoward was to occur to their Commander.

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-17-2005 02:51 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Aye, Sir!"

The Lieutenant at communications wasted no time.

"All vessels, stand down your weapons and prepare for tractoring. Please power down so no damage will come to your engines.

"Flower of Carnage, stand down your weapons, and take no aggressive action. You shall soon be notified as to the dispersal of your crew.

"This is Sormontato, out."

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Kitiana

Member # 598

posted 09-19-2005 07:52 AM     Profile for Kitiana   Author's Homepage   Email Kitiana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"This is Kitiana of the FL-142, powering down now."

Kitiana decided to answer the comm since Xenn seemed a bit busy looking over schematics.

"Things could be worse. But did we really expect a nice welcome?"

She shrugs lightly toward Xenn then waits to be tractored to the ship. As far as Kitiana is concerned, she expected no less than to be questioned. They don't quite understand their purpose for being there, nor do they understand why such a large party was involved. Well of course they're going to be cautious, who wouldn't?

--------------------

Life is only what you make of it...
http://www.geocities.com/reyven_tear/Kitiana1.jpg

Posts: 107 | From: Iraq | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 64.58.96.214

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e