my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Within the Web of Life (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Within the Web of Life
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 07-24-2006 08:36 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm not leaving her..." Erik started, pausing midsentence as some rustling sounds grabbed his attention. He arched an eyebrow, turned his head in the direction of the sound, and began to look through the gnarltrees' leaves and branches to ascertain just what might be out there. Reaching towards his blaster holster, he clearly expected some wild swamp animal to be skulking about, pondering how to begin slaying what he or she had decided looked like good dinner...

...but he froze. Although the sight of her was still blocked by trees, Erik knew the figure well, every angle and curve...

...and she stood frozen as well, as if she knew someone was there too. Instictively he stretched out with the Force towards her, heedless to the others, longing to gain her attention...

...but instead she began to move, her stride quick and purposeful.

"Shayla!" he called, stepping out to follow her, to stop her.

He just couldn't lose her. Not like Khar Delba. Not again...

[ 07-24-2006 08:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-24-2006 08:49 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was afraid something of this nature would happen. Too emotionally tied to the situation, Erik wasn't thinking clearly and wasn't even thinking in the moment. After all, if he'd been thinking in the moment, he would have realized that the quickness in Shayla's step all but screamed anger. Shawn didn't know for certain, but he didn't think this would be a good time to abruptly announce their presence here.

And Erik was about to blast the option of stealth into oblivion with one more step.

Shawn grabbed the back of his brother-in-law's flightsuit, dragging him to an unceremonious halt.

"She's angry," Shawn observed even as Erik whirled around to face him, his brown eyes glaring laser bolts.

"We don't have enough information to go blasting in. And aside from that, how will you show Shayla that you trust her if you go blasting in behind her when she is clearly unharmed?"

Shawn paused at this, and Erik at least seemed to calm a moment to consider his words. The Jedi intended to take that moment and use it for all that it was worth. "Aeylmaar can help us figure out what is going on here," he reiterated. "And that we most certainly do need to know before we do anything."

Shawn again trailed, nodding towards the beckoning portal, looking between Panthar, the Master, and Erik...

...the latter who had begun shaking his head adamantly, likewise looking from person to person as well.

[ 07-24-2006 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2006 09:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through the Link she maintained with her, Graysith could easily feel the hot waves of anger which surged through Shayla like waves upon a shore. The pounding of Shayla's heart came slamming into her like the distant roll of thunder, heavy with portent, crackling with latent energy.

She smiled to herself, let that smile connect with Shayla.

What is it they do and say, my dear? she purred silkily as in the confines of her little mud hut she calmly continued to prepare their dinner.

[ 07-24-2006 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-24-2006 09:24 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla found herself a nice quiet place behind the gnarltrees where she could blend in, the hood of her cloak now over her head to further shield her from view. She listened quietly, intently...

...and darkly.

They wish to know what has happened here. They saw me, before, and Shawn interprets my anger. Erik states he cannot simply leave me here...

...yet he hesitates.[i]

She paused, her thoughts growing darker. [i]He always hesitates...

Then she turned her attentions back to the discussion at hand. Shawn speaks of Aeylmaar assiting them in determining what has happened here, and urges Erik to show his trust by not blasting in behind me...

...but Erik seems to struggle with this.

She paused, pursing her lips, adding her own final dark thought. I wonder how long it will take for any of them to act at all...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2006 09:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And are they aware of your presence here, or have you been successful in remaining hidden from them?

[ 07-24-2006 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-24-2006 09:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips thoughttfully at Graysith's question.
They know that I am here...

...but at the moment, they have made no mention of you.

Pausing at that, Shayla thought back to all that she had heard, just to be certain. But when I fist heard Shawn's voice, he spoke of the both of us being alive, here in reunion.

Her look darkened. They know.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2006 09:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith closed her eyes at this, a quick stab of pain for Shayla gouging at her heart. The Tooth of S'slan hung loosely in her grasp, dangling there for a moment before finally falling to the thormy-pip mat which coated the floor of her hut.

The time approaches. She is going to have to choose... she thought to herself, blocking that revelation from Shayla as easily as one would swat a gnat.

Truly choose, for as yet she has not. For I feel the anger in her now, oh so very clearly, and it is not flaring within her heart entirely for my sake.

Her eyes still closed then, she sent reply along the Link she maintained with Shayla's mind.

I'm afraid this bodes ill for us, my dear. For although they know of our presence here, they do not seek us out. By your own observations, they hesitate. It is said that faint heart ne'er won fair maid, my dear; by this hesitation they only show a mistrust of us, an unwillingness to confront us openly.

They prove themselves to be ones who would prevent us from reaching our goal; be wary, my dear. And in all things, remember to always look at every situation in the light of the Greater Good.

At times some must fall that others might live.

[ 07-24-2006 09:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 07-24-2006 09:59 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I...I can't leave her here without going to her," Erik said suddenly, an aching coming through in his words. "I lost her at Khar Delba..."

He paused, hesitating once more, raking a hand through his dark brown hair...

...and letting it slide down the back of his neck, down his side, and to his blaster. He flicked it out, set for stun, and in one smooth motion and shot every single one of his companions down.

After all, he knew that Shawn would do nothing but stop him, and he didn't have time to find out if the Master or Panthar would do so as well.

He just had to get to Shayla. He had to know the truth. No more speculation, no more standing around.

Whirling on his heel at that, Erik headed off in the direction Shayla had taken, totally unaware that she was not all that far behind him.

[ 07-24-2006 10:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-24-2006 10:24 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla blinked in surprise as she watched the bodies of Panthar, the Master, and Shawn fall to the ground, listless. Even as this occurred, she related the events to Graysith...

...and realized just where Erik was heading.

Oh no. No, no, no.

I believe Erik is heading for the hut, my Sister, Shayla related, realizing that he indeed did not realize she was behind him.

I will not allow this, she then thought to Graysith. I will not let him bring any harm to you. After all, he has already shot down the others, although I believe he may have only stunned them...

Moving quickly from her hiding place then, Shayla opened up to the Force and stretched out for the one mind of Erik Kartan. Even as he turned in recognition of her Force-signature, she reached to the awareness center of his mind, finding a particular point within...

...and acted upon it just so in order for him to fall unconcious with her very own talents, left in an unnatural sleep. As he fell to the ground limply, she let Graysith know of the action she had taken...

...and waited for any further instruction, noting that the others would only remained stunned for so long...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2006 10:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith thought a moment. Then, knowing it was but a simple action on her part to hide the hut beneath a deceptive shield, she answered Shayla.

While should the need ever arise, and we find ourselves needing to sequester ourselves upon this planet once again we in theory have its entirety in which to disappear--

--I find myself not wishing to depart from this hut. For too much may be alluded to regarding myself by one who is canny, not to mention the fact that I have grown somewhat fond of this place.

She paused a hair's-breadth longer, then--

He must not find this place. Do what you believe must be done, my Sister.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-24-2006 11:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips thoughtfully at Graysith's directions, pondering just what she could do to keep Erik...

...and the others, for that matter...

...from finding the hut. The only thing she could reasonably think of for the moment, her abilities considered, was to manipulate herself a Force cage for all of them. As far as she could tell Panthar, the Master, Shawn, and Erik were the only ones she would have to deal with, but...

Frowning, she stretched out to Graysith again.

My sister, Shayla called, stretching out once more. There is an open portal here as well. When they do not return, others might follow if this remains open...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2006 11:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
While Graysith knew the others had more than likely traveled to Dagobah by such a means, she was somewhat surprised that the Portal had been allowed to remain open for as long as it apparently had. She frowned, clearly sensing Shayla's growing anxiety.

If others should come, all they will find will be a spot on the face of this swamp world, she sent back.

It is Erik who poses the greatest concern, for only he can lead the others in the direction which would end here, at my hut. Or so it would seem; the swamps are an easy place in which to lose oneself...

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-25-2006 12:07 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
An idea.

A dark smile crossed Shayla's features at that, and she stretched out to Graysith once more. It shall be done.

Then, knowing the task now at hand would take quite some time, Shayla stretched out to the two Sith and her brother, niggling their sleep centers as well so that they would continue to be unconscious for several hours. Then, taking her time and using the force to telekentically move Erik, she seperated him from all the others, deep in the swamps of Degobah, several kilometers from all the others. Resting his limp body on the ground, then, Shayla looked about their new surroundings, pondering the situation a bit...

...and stretched out to move some of the existing tree branches around his form, twisting them and turning them until at length she was satisfied that he was neatly encarcerated in the branch-formed prison...

...making certain to relieve him of his blaster as well, placing it on her weapons belt. She eyed him darkly then.

You acted...

...and yet you acted too late. It is done.

Then, leaving him unconscious and imprisioned, Shayla hurried back to the mud hut, and to Graysith, and darkness settling in her heart.

It is done.

[ 07-25-2006 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-25-2006 12:17 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith, watching through her maintained Link, was pleased.

She has taken the first step...

Knowing they now had a few simple moments left to them, she ladled hot stew into two bowls, placed the bowls on the floor-- for she had never made any other stick of furniture for her hut save for the rustic little bed, and that was really more of a pile of mosses and other greenery than a real bed-- and settling herself cross-legged in front of one awaited the arrival of her Adept.

We shall sup and refresh ourselves, she thought to herself as with graceful fingers she plucked a bit of cooked meat from her stew and began to nibble upon it.

And then we shall return to K'eel Doba, and to our conjoined destinies.

Her musings were cut short by Shayla's sudden and rather breathless arrival. She had a darkly smug smile upon her face, like a sandcat who has eaten the womprat.

Graysith merely smiled and motioned that she seat herself.

"Now, my dear, tell me all that happened. I am most interested in your thoughts as to why our erstwhile friends were so unwilling to come forth to us, choosing rather to lag behind in the shadows, like a rancor before it pounces."

[ 07-25-2006 12:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-25-2006 12:42 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla took a seat across from Graysith, frowning at the question now presented to her as she took a bite of meat and chewed on it a bit angrily.

"My... brother probably thinks I've taken a turn for the worst, and has apparently been working hard to convince everyone else of that," she growled. "This is no surprise on his part, really...

...but I'm somewhat suprised he was so successful."

She paused, taking another bite. "They are all fools...

...and apparently have forgotten of what is in store for this entire galaxy, and what evilness truly awaits us."

Again, Shayla's look darkened for a moment longer. "I've been there after all, as have you..."

She trailed then, her look softening a bit, then firming. "We have to make preparations to stop them and to protect that which is rightfully ours, and ours alone."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 07-25-2006 11:13 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((Thoran joins from The Silence of the Lambs in “Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple”)))

Thoran, silent in the shadows of the fountain, waited for the Master to announce what was happening. But nothing came, nothing but the faint muffled sound of a blaster…

Thoran’s eyes widened, and he rushed to the portal, stopping to peer within it. He saw the Master, Panthar, and the jedi sprawled on the ground, and blinked when he saw the floating body of Erik flying through the air away from the site. Giving an inquisitive look, he turned his head to the nearest person.

“Um,” he said, searching for words. “Something happened…”

He darted through the portal and into the Dagobah swamp beyond it.

He checked Shawn, who was closest, and saw he was breathing. The same with Panthar and the Master. He looked up to the spot he saw Erik flying away, and saw nothing now. Quietly he stood and walked into the marshy jungle, in that direction.

He looked around and saw nothing in the air, but a few more steps and a glance at the ground revealed a single footprint. It was a boot, but it was small.

Shayla? he thought. Improbable, but I’m beginning to believe anything is possible.

He walked quietly on the soft ground, taking his time. He was rewarded with another small footprint, then moved more quickly as the trail was becoming more clear in the swampy soil. He walked for several minutes, moving quietly through the dankness, then heard a small snap somewhere before him. He stopped, and his keen Sith eyesight caught the movement of someone in the shadows far ahead.

He stayed behind, following along for what seemed like an eternity, then waited as his quarry stopped and the sound of moving branches and leaves wafted over the air. The person then moved off, much more quickly, into a different direction.

Thoran waited, then moved into the area where the person had stopped. Here was a small clearing surrounded by towering gnarl trees, but inside was only the dark ground, grass, and a smaller strangely shaped grove of…

Branches?

He walked cautiously to the strange arrangement, then realize it was not natural. With a great difficulty he pushed one of the branches enough to peer beyond it, and saw in the darkness the still form of Erik. He was breathing, but very unconscious.

Thoran pulled back, letting the branch snap back into place. He looked around, memorizing the area. Erik was as safe as he was going to be for a while, but right now there was a fresh trail that needed to be followed. And hopefully there would be answers waiting at its end.

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-25-2006 02:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith leaned back upon one elbow, nibbling delicately upon a piece of root as she considered Shayla and her somewhat heated disclosure. It did not take the acuity of a Dathomir witch to note the careful omission of any mention of Erik and his possible feelings toward her.

At length she spoke up, tossing the remainder of the root upon the thorny-pip carpet, where it was immdediately snatched up by a tiny creature who had wandered in, following the scent of food.

"So now it would seem we are to be approached more than warily," she mused, licking her fingers before fishing another bit of food from her bowl. In the shadows beyond those cast by the flickering fire, the tiny animal perked up its ears. Smiling, she tossed it another piece before taking one for herself.

"You say nothing of your husband, of your feelings toward him as well as his toward you. Have you grown, then?"

Saying no more she popped her food into her mouth, chewing slowly and deliberately as she continued to pierce Shayla with an extremely intent stare, waiting to see which of two possible paths her Adept had finally taken, or if instead she still stood, hesitating, at the confluence of the pair.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-25-2006 09:32 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla pursed her lips a moment, then replied. "Erik stunned the Master, Panthar, and Shawn before I took him out myself. I don't know what he feels..."

She trailed, her eyes defocusing, her mind wandering. But you know what he feels cannot play a part in the actions you must now take, don't you? After all he does not understand, and cannot see...

She redirected her gaze on Graysith. "I left him in a cage made of twisting branches, and niggled his sleep center so that he will not be waking up, not without assistance. And, considering I left him quite a ways from here..."

She paused, her look darkening. "He will not be found easily and will not be able to trace where I went any longer. He may pursue me further, although he does not know who caused his current predicament...

...but this matters not. He will not get in the way of what we are going to do should he make a move to jepordize anything."

She paused, taking a breath, her eyes darkening. "He will not get in the way, or I will do whatever must be done. The Greater Good depends upon it."

[ 07-25-2006 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-25-2006 09:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded, satisfied.

"This is good to hear," she allowed, relaxing back upon one elbow once more. Once again her fingers dipped daintily into her bowl; once again, tiny rustles came from the shadows as the little animal crept closer to her, hunger in its eyes.

"One cannot ride two rontos at one time, after all."

I do not yet believe she truly understands, for her words still have the heat of passion conveying them. But, this is something only time will reveal.

Smiling a secret little smile, she tossed another morsel of food to the tiny creature, and then devoted herself to finishing her own meal.

[ 07-25-2006 09:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 07-26-2006 12:57 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran followed the trail the best he could, slowly making his way through the swamp. A footprint here, a broken twig there. The way was slow, but his many years as an assassin for the Master had taught him many things, among them the arts of tracking and surveillance. Eventually he came across a small clearing, and set inside was a small hut. He stopped, still well within the woods, and listened.

A female voice, that was clear. He could not make out the words, but he was certain it was a female, perhaps Shayla. He breathed slow and steady, letting his body relax and become still, blending in with the surrounding foliage as best he could.

He tuned his keen ears to the hut and waited, listening.

Another female voice, this time lower. Perhaps Graysith, from the tone. He listened more, still not able to hear to words themselves but more confident of the identity of the women.

Enough! Thoran turned silently to make his way quietly through the woods once again. He stopped suddenly, face to face with a small, yet vicious looking beast hanging upside down from an overhead tree branch. It let loose a shrill snarl, and Thoran yelped, ducking just in time to avoid the sharp teeth as they slashed towards his face.

He let loose with a bit of Sith magick, catching the beast with a blast of sleep, and it fell to the ground before him.

Thoran winced at the sharp claws and teeth, thankful that he was not severely injured by this thing. But his fears turned quickly to another problem...

He debated a breif second, then decided that running would be futile. He instead turned to face the hut and leaned against a tree.

[ 07-26-2006 01:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-26-2006 12:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The sudden yelp sliced into the serenity of the little hut like the blade of a sword, causing both women to freeze on the spot. The little creature scurried back into the shadows, a bit of meat clamped firmly in its jaws as Graysith cast one look at Shayla before rising to her feet.

She hurried outside, paused a moment in front of the doorway, then began a swift circling of the hut, her eyes piercing the growing darkness and gloom. It didn't take long to spot the figure leaning with seeming insouciance against a nearby fungus-encrusted tree.

Graysith held up a hand to prevent Shayla from speaking, then turned back to the stranger. Her eyes glittered as the fungus seemed to creep toward him, it's movement a strangely hungry one.

"You may wish to remove yourself from that tree, stranger," she said sweetly, although the tone of her voice did not come close to touching her eyes.

"Before the fungus makes a dinner of you."

--------------------

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 07-26-2006 02:14 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran swallowed, a bit confused. Then he realized that she had never seen him like this!

“I—“ he began. “Forgive my intrusion. I come as a friend, to find you both, to see if you are, well, all right. Everyone is worried, and concerned. If there is anything I or anyone can do for you—“

Careful, there. Something happened to Aelvedaar here, and you can pretty well bet that one or both of these ladies are involved somehow. And then there is Erik... OK, I don’t know if this is really true, but here goes…

“And, I thought you should know, Lord Aelvedaar is seriously injured and may not recover. Both he and Phalomir were desperately trying to rescue your spirit, and things have -- happened. The fate of both rely on his recovery.”

[ 07-26-2006 02:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.248
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-26-2006 02:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes darkened to great shadows in her face.

"You know of these people, then?" she queried, cocking her head a touch to one side. "May I inquire as to what has happened, to send you here here in such a rush, apparently seeking my aid?"

Behind Thoran, the fungus continued it's insidious creep.

--------------------

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 07-26-2006 02:59 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran heard a noise beside him and jumped when he saw the strange fungus creeping towards him. He stepped away from it, glancing back and forth between it and Graysith.

“More than your aid,” he said. “There are many who care about both of you, who are desperately worried. We all went searching for you, to undo a terrible wrong. I don’t know much you, um, remember, but there was a great unjustness done to you. You were assassinated, sort of. Your spirit was detached from your body, and then stolen and hidden away in the Darker Realms. Everyone – Phal, Galen, Panthar, um, Darra, Jasyn, Matt, Erik… they all went to rescue you. I was there because of my ability to – well, to deal with spirits. Aelvedaar and Phal made a little place here on Dagobah for your body to be safe, and off we went. We got your spirit back, housed inside of Shayla. Then as we waited somewhere else for Aelvedaar to get your body out, that’s when things seemed to, um, go wrong.”

Thoran forced a smile,

“But hey! It looks like Shayla didn’t need my help in putting you back together again! That’s great! Now we can tell everyone you are safe, heal Aelvedaar up and get Phal back! Oh, this is swell!”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-26-2006 03:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Indeed," said Graysith sweetly as without giving so much as any indication she suddenly reached out, ripped open a Portal into the Elseness, and with the other hand shoved Thoran into it.

It slurped to a shuddering close behind him, leaving the two women in nothing but the silence of the chattering swamp.

"Come Shayla, I believe we have outstayed our welcome here," Graysith spoke up as once again she reached out to rip open another Portal in the weft of all that is. It shimmered to life in front of them, and from its other end Graysith could clearly see the opulence of her suites in the Temple of Warriors.

"Come, my dear," she said, and stepped through, leaving the Portal open only long enough that her Adept and Sister might follow.

((OOC: Graysith steps into The Saving of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e