my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Behold a Pale Rider (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Behold a Pale Rider
Bon Foyagee

Member # 702

posted 06-04-2006 01:46 PM     Profile for Bon Foyagee   Author's Homepage   Email Bon Foyagee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bon’s eyes narrowed, showing signs of red glassiness.

“First, bullying me will get you nowhere,” he said. “Second, Miss Mitra is not my employer, per se, but a financial backer and comrade in the fight against the Empire, a tyrannical conqueror imposing its way of life upon the galaxy through the guise of bringing forced peace to all. Third, I am at a loss to explain you imprisonment, but I have had no reason to doubt the sincerity and motives of Miss Mitra. There must have been a reason for it, are you absolutely sure you did not try to encroach upon a secured section? As for Thea, again, I have no reason to suspect any foul play, she was tired, she was given a bed. If you would have stayed longer you would have seen this happen.”

Bon sighed.

“I am sure you operate on sort of intuition,” he continued. “Having experienced this strange phenomena first hand myself, I cannot cast doubt upon its validity. However, I cannot take your intuition as hard fact, either. The facts of this mission are simple: I extended an invitation to you to accept a job. Those who wished to stay were given quarters. No contracts have been signed, no currency has changed hands, and all are free to depart. However, since these names apparently do mean something to you, then it would behoove you to accept my proposition and join with me, expanding the scope of this mission to find both my artifacts and your people. If the Empire is also searching for these items, there would be no stopping them if they succeed.”

Bon sighed again.

“It is late, and the occupants of this end of the residence chambers are asleep. I can take you – and only you, Mr. Yaoksi – in to retrieve Thea. I am skeptical of Miss Mitra’s guilt in your assertions, but I am willing to explore the validity of your concerns, and a large party will only increase the chance of events turning awry. Assuming events unfold to your satisfaction, I will hope you agree to leave with me tomorrow.”

Posts: 51 | From: | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 06-04-2006 02:34 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wavered, red flags waving all over the place.

This was no good, no good at all. What was with this guy's adamancy in disbelieving a Jedi, fer pity's sake, who was standing right under his furry little nose telling him what had happened?

I mean, c'mon here; is it normal SOP to blast a suspect, slam him away in a dark room, without so much as a chance to explain himself? No inquiry? Just -- Poof -- stick him away to rot and go nighty-night?

The hairs on the back of my neck raised up in full force.

"I don't think so. Not without my backup, pal!" I growled. Then before I could stop myself, I yanked my blaster out of its holster and slammed it down on Bun-Bun's fuzzy little noggin. He dropped like a proverbial stone.

"Tie him up, and stash him someplace!" I hissed, keeping my voice low. Then--

"Link, now's your chance."

I nodded toward the place in the wall where the stone looked different.

"I don't think that doorway's broken at all, it sure looks fixed to me, doesn't it guys? Link, get yer sweet lil bod over there and find that control panel, and slice us into that base!

"And Jedi--"

I turned to Jebbua, who was standing a little back, quite unable to keep the I told you so look off of his face.

"Keep sensing, or whatever it is you guys do. You said there's a bubble of blankness in there, or something like that; I'm willing to bet Thea's in the middle of it."

I paused, shot a glance all around, and drew in a breath.

"We slice in, follow Jebbua's nekky-nose, snatch the kid, and skedaddle. If things get rough, well then, so do we."

I waved my blaster for good measure.

"After we get Thea out of there we go find our missing friends. I've got the general position in space; we should be able to figure out where it is. I think our little padawan will change her mind about going willingly with us, when she understands that your missing Jedi, the one she wanted to get back to so badly, is more than likely going to be found with all the other missing peeps."

That drew a couple frowns; I flashed a smile.

"Call it another hunch; now, let's go!

"You're up, Link!"

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 06-04-2006 02:49 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Time for me to MacGyver my way in."

I started feeling around the wall looking fo anything to let me gain access. It didn't take long for me to locate the control panal, and even less time for me to find an access point. I took one of my computer access ports and plug it into the control panel.

"Ok I'm in now to open the door."

The computer code started to appear on my visor, for most people its to complex to understand but I had been working with it for years. With the slightest movement of my hands the gloves interpreted these as commands and maniplulated the code until I got the desired effect. After 30 seconds or so of slicing the wall opened and gave us the way in. I took my computer access port out of the control panel and turned to the rest of the group.

"And here is our way in."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 205.246.155.147
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 06-04-2006 03:02 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea's dream-fears slowly subsided. She still clutched her bag tight to her chest; drugged, asleep, she moved a little, reaching out to again instinctively slide the straps over her arms and shoulders taking a strange and innate comfort in the layers it created between her and the world. She was confused and couldn't remember all that had happened in the last day. Her closed eyes squinched more tightly to shut out the night, and somewhere deep inside of her she was hoping someone - anyone - would come soon to talk to her.

Even in her drugged state, she wasn't used to being so alone.

[ 06-05-2006 02:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.194.18
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-04-2006 04:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Thea's original post has been slightly edited by the admin to reflect her being drugged. Thank you.))

[ 06-05-2006 03:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-04-2006 04:58 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Way to go, little lady!"

I smiled grimly, adjusted my grip on my blaster, stepped forward into the doorway, peered down the passageway ahead. Well I remembered our earlier entrance; then we hadn't moved too far along it before Thea had taken off into a room close to us, announcing her presence and life's ambition to a complete stranger.

It also hadn't taken long for the hairs to start standing up on my neck then, either.

Which they were doing now.

"C'mon," I whispered, moving as quietly as I could into the dimness ahead of us, for the lighting had been obviously muted for the night.

"Let's see if we can find where Thea is; Jeb, you sense anything anywhere? Or not, as the case might be?"

[ 06-04-2006 05:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 06-04-2006 08:18 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cardissa was rarely disturbed from her sleep by anything, but the insistent chirp of something on her nightstand did just that. Opening her eyes slowly, Cardissa reached for the security device...

...and slitted her eyes at the information it displayed. The front door--the not completely repaired front door--was standing wide open. And the back passageway door had also been opened and was now closed. Smoothly, gracefully, Cardissa slid out of the bed and her feet touched the floor to automatically slide into soft nerfskin slippers. She stood, wrapping a crimson spidersilk nightrobe around herself...

...and pulling a small, elegant blaster from her nightstand. She slipped from her room, closing the greelwood door behind her. Not hearing any blatant motion, she quietly eased her way down the hallways, towards the front door that was gaping open. After all, this most certainly did not fit the status quo.

As she continued to proceed forward, she did hear whispering voices however, in the passageway just beyond, the passageway which lead to the "front door" so to speak.

Cardissa paused where she was, not moving futher, and cocked her head slightly to listen.

It was the voice of the one with the little Jedi girl, she was almost certain of it. Where was Foyagee...?

Cardissa frowned, gripping her blaster more tightly, her eyes turning impossibly darker...

...and then a thought came to mind. Lowering the blaster, she simply waited...

...and kept her ears attuned to anything further that might be said or done.

--------------------

Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who is interested in you. ~~Magneto, XMen II

"You rely on cunning, intrigue. I prefer the direct approach." Diana, V

Posts: 75 | From: Somewhere, scheming | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-04-2006 08:45 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm not sure if Jebbua was readying a reply to me or not, but the question suddenly crashed to the bottom of the priority list when something came whispering into my ears.

I froze, waved frantically at the others, trying to shush them up without saying anything further, straining my ears as hard as I could. For a long moment all remained silent, the strange, oppressive kind of silence only the tiniest hours of the dead night can bring--

And then there it came again.

Every nerve cell rippled, the hairs on my arm stood up. It wasn't much of a sound, the smallest, slightest nuance of a sound, almost the very thought of a sound.

But a sound nevertheless. Soft, silken, a sleek little rustle of noise in an otherwise dearth of it.

And in case I missed it the first time, it was repeated.

Not wanting to say anything aloud, I just stood there, half-crouched, one hand holding my blaster at the ready, the other one holding the others back from speaking.

My heart lodged somewhere between my stomach and my throat.

Dammit, give me a good fast ship and a back door outta here! I grumbled silently to myself. I never did like subterfuge, it just wasn't my forte.

[ 06-04-2006 08:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 06-04-2006 11:46 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron gulped as silently as he could, which was, quite honestly, very difficult. He made certain his blaster was secure in his hand, and clutched as though it was his lifeline.

And maybe it was at that.

Wide-eyed, he looked to where Yaoksi was crouching and everyone else was standing frozen.

Awww, heck, but this wasn't going to work. Sooner or later, if someone was around that corner, they were going to come the rest of the way around the corner.

Where was Thea? Where was everyone else?

Aaron frowned...

...but an idea surfaced. The motion totally silent, he switched his blaster to the other hand, and reached a finger to his wristcomm. Keyed in something very quickly, and sent it squirting off along a very, very secure pathway in hopes for a fairly quick response. Then he switched the blaster back to his dominant hand.

If those symbols of the Blueberry's were charts to any of the distant planets Aaron knew of, he already had their coordinates on hand, back aboard the Hornett...

[ 06-04-2006 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 06-05-2006 12:20 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I closed my eyes and opened them immediately.

I procced to the corner and with a snap-hiss I had mt lightsaber centimeters from Cardissa Mitra's face.

"Put the blaster down and no one will get hurt." I said to her and then without taking my eyes from her I called out to the others.

"Hey guys, I think i just captured some one we were just talking about." I smiled as they came running over.

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 70.243.176.23
Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 06-05-2006 12:20 AM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I watched Yaoksi smack the little blue guy on the head, then they tied him up and stuck him in the shadows. After Cottonball worked her magic on the other door and they all went inside, I tapped the OPEN button on the door in front of me and hurried across the alley to where Bon was tied up. I grabbed him, threw him over my shoulder, and ran back to the door and shut it.

He was out cold, but at least he was safer in here. Nothing was going to come between me and a new ship, dang it! I wasn’t sure what was going on, but Yaoksi sure was mad about something. Could it have been the kid? Did he tell the blue guy to get her, and he refused? If so, why? Ah heck, I didn’t know. I just wanted him alive so I could get my ship, do this job, and be on my way.

Yeah, OK, thoughts of Cardissa jumped into my head about then… wow, I was on first name basis with her? I shook my head to clear it and waited. If there was blaster fire going to happen, I wanted to be away from it.

--------------------

I never fly faster than I can see, and besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2006 12:26 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked in surprise, still frozen to the spot.

Sheesh, how could that guy move so fast--?

I didn't waste any more time in committee wondering about it. Sending Aaron a look, I girded my proverbial loins and took off, soon rounding the corner, blaster first, to find Jebbua standing there, a smug but somehow displeased look on his face, his lightsaber smack in the face of the prettiest woman I've seen in a long time.

I blinked again, feeling my jaw drop. Then I got a grip on myself.

"I'm here for the girl," I said, wincing at how melodramatic that sounded, but the tip of my blaster never wavered from her pretty little pert nose.

Oh well, no more melodramatic than our nontraditional entrance in the wee hours of the morning...

[ 06-05-2006 12:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 06-05-2006 12:32 AM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Just one more reason to not like Jedi...

Cardissa batted her dark eyes, her look reading surprise and shock. She offered her blaster out to whomever would take it, playing the part well.

"I...I was alerted to the doors being open. i thought we had been found..."

She trailed, then continued with, "It's two in the morning...the child sleeps. Would it ease your mind to see her?"

--------------------

Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who is interested in you. ~~Magneto, XMen II

Posts: 75 | From: Somewhere, scheming | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2006 12:39 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot Aaron and Jebbua yet another look that read don't trust this one, she's too beautiful--!

For a moment I wondered what brought on such a vehement response in me. Then I realized:

She was being too shocked. Too soft and helpless. Too...

Nice.

And nobody is nice when unknown people break into their illegal bases in the wee hours of the morning!

My eyes darkened.

"Yeah, lady, I want to see her. I want to take her with me; she came with me, er us... I mean, there's someone who came here with us who's still here, I mean he's not here now--

"Oh, Hell's Seven Circles, I just need to take Thea home where she belongs!"

Ranting? Me? Bet yer sweet hiney, babe. This day had already been too, too long for my tastes.

--------------------

Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 06-05-2006 12:46 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Get up."

Then realizing I could just do it myself.

I picked her up and placed her on her feet.

"Take us to Thea." I pushed her with my free hand to get her going and then leaned back to wisper to Yaoski.

"Once we get close I won't be able to use all my jedi powers because of the ysalmiri so it willmostly be up to you guys to watch her with your blasters."

I leaned back forhead.

"Let's go now. I nudged her gently with the force.

"So far the plan wasn't going that bad as I thought it would.

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 70.243.176.23
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 06-05-2006 01:06 AM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cardissa actually turned and shot a look Jebbua's way. "You don't have to be so pushy," she growled. "After all, you are breaking in to my base. I'll take you to her."

Then, without anything further, Cardissa lead the little group--so full of its own self-righteousness in her opinion--to Thea's room. Keyed in the lock code that opened the door.

"Thea?" she called softly into the room. "Soimeone is here for you, to take you," she said simply. "I know you wanted to stay but it's really best..."

She trailed and waited...

...a dark portion of her really angry that not a soul on her base seemed to be aware of what was going on but her...

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2006 01:56 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cast a look to Aaron, remembering what Jebbua had said about his Force abilities.

"Keep an eye on her," I hissed, nodding toward Cardissa. Then I simply walked past her and entered the room Thea had been given.

She lay on the bed, looking lost, fragile. Sweat beaded her pale brow, and her eyes flickered beneath their lids in a terrible parody of REM sleep.

It was as if she was having nightmares or something; my heart ached, ached more so as a little ghost traipsed up from somewhere in the deep recesses of my unconscious, gloating and chiding me for what I'd done to her.

She belongs with her family! I yowled back, suddenly enraged. Who I was so angry with, I didn't know.

Or simply didn't want to face.

Later, later--

"Thea, honey--?"

Gently I knelt at the bedside, reached a hand out, one that only ceased its trembling when it laid atop her sweat-slicked brow. She didn't move, didn't budge, didn't make a single sound.

She just slept on, her eyes moving back and forth underneath the lids in a manner that sent chills up and down my spine.

"Thea?"

I shook her a little, then a little harder.

Nothing. No movement. No awakening. Just those rolling eyes.

The chill grew to glacial proportions. Snarling, I yanked back the covers and scooped her slender form up into my arms. One of her own fell limply from her chest to dangle toward the floor, taking with it something she had been clutching to her.

Her bag. And where was her lightsaber, the one she had built and was so proud of?

A glance toward her bag only proved it wasn't there. Neither was it anywhere within casual visual range. Cradling her utterly limp body against me, I patted about the bedclothes, tossing the pillow aside, sweeping the flat of my hand along the sheets. finally pulling the entirety off the bunk, then, grunting, shoving the mattress itself off of the frame.

Nothing.

I scowled futher, laid her on the bared mattress, and ran a quick but thorough search of the room.

She would never be parted from that damned lightsaber, not as much as she considers herself a Jedi. Or one wantint further training.

Everyone knows a Jedi is never parted from his or her lightsaber.

At length I gave up, returned to the slumbering child and hoisted her in my arms again. Exited the room and came to a stop in front of the woman.

"She won't wake up; what have you done?" I hissed, motioning to Aaron and Jebbua that it was time to leave even as the words shot out of my mouth.

[ 06-05-2006 07:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Commisar Stern

Member # 685

posted 06-05-2006 10:20 AM     Profile for Commisar Stern   Author's Homepage   Email Commisar Stern     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I tossed in my sleep fitfully, faint sounds out in the hall and comming through the wall next to me causing me to stir. After Rico had left, trying to get to sleep had taken some time, but I had finally managed.

But I had always been a light sleeper. After a few minutes of the sounds, the slight vibration of deep voices attempting to be quiet humming in through the wall, I got up. Who, aside from prettyboy, has a conversation in the middle of the night in the middle of a hall and in the room next to mine? I didn't think anyone was there.

I picked the dissuader up, checked the slide habitually, and moved to the door. On a whim, I did not open it by control, but set it to manual and eased it open just a crack so I could hear what was going on outside.

--------------------

"A good general does not lead his troops to hell, just because he knows they will follow." ~Librara Tacticum

Posts: 45 | From: A quiet retirement.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  Logged: 71.212.146.41
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 06-05-2006 10:35 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although Aaron wasn't used to this sort of thing, he was most certainly an EE employee through and through. Terrin had taught him well over the years to be suspicious of every damn thing that came his way.

Well, perhaps he hadn't gotten to teach him quite well enough...

Just as Aaron was thinking this, his commlink vibrated miniscuely on his wrist so that only he would be aware of something incoming. Never letting go of his blaster, Aaron glanced down at the commlink, moving only slightly to punch the "accept text message" feature.

Upon the comlink's small screen, coordinates for a pair of planets scrolled. Ever the technician that he truly was, Aaron matched them with his fairly good working memory of the symbols Bon had scratched on that sheet of paper.

Suspicion confirmed.

Looking up from where he'd barely been looking to his wristcomm, Aaron muttered quietly to Yaoksi, hoping he'd hear. "Yaoksi...coordinates..."

He trailed, not wanting to say too much in front of this suspicious lady, suddenly becoming even more wary of what was going on. His grip tightened on his blaster even as he began to move carefully at Yaoksi's obvious unspoken suggestion, and he scanned the area hoping the Jedi had the sense to back away from what he may not be able to sense to what he could sense. After all, a ysalamiri bubble only spanned about 10 meters, and Aaron was well aware of their capabilities considering an employee of his still had a little farm of them despite his absence from the Hornett.

[ 06-05-2006 10:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 06-05-2006 10:43 AM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cardissa merely blinked, her look otherwise totally unreadable. "Perhaps she is having a vision?" she queried then in Yaoksi's direction, going further then. "She came to me, wanting to be connected with those who could train her...

...and I would have done everything to grant her that. You would take her from what she wants so dearly? If she is the gifted Force-user that she believes, and if you truly believe her as well...

...shouldn't you be giving her the chance?"

Cardissa paused, her black eyes arrowing into Yaoksi's. "She is a child who will grow to be a strong young woman someday. It would be a shame to have the talents of that strong young woman go to waste..."

Quieting with that, Cardissa merely stood motionless, her mind going back years to the day her Father had begun instilling in her a Destiny that her Mother had been denied to even know of. Of a Destiny her Grandmother had also not been allowed to take part in.

Men always beware of the woman, the one who is strong and able. Her Father had been the only one who was truly wise...

...and these men, well, perhaps they were wise in only one thing. They were wary of the possibilities this little girl had, if she were brought up in jut the right manner. In her manner. Nevermind the manipulation that would be behind it all...

Cardissa's black eyes snapped alert, her look only for the smuggler once more. She suspected what he would do, but then, she was never one to assume anything...

[ 06-05-2006 10:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cardissa Mitra ]

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2006 12:58 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wavered fractionally, deciding to myself whether or not this woman deserved any sort of explanation or not. I mean, she was, after all, mixed up in some kind of preparation to overthrow the government that was slowly settling into its shining new home--

Good luck with that, sister!

Con point one to her.

Here we come along, looped in by Bluebird and his strangely yammering eloquence, and in the doing a totally confused little girl traipses to said lady, spilling her guts about her Jedi dreams... all to a total stranger? And then it's, "oh sure honey, have a seat?" Not, "who's with you, dear," or "where did you come from?" I mean, I hadn't heard anything much other than that as I was backpaddling my way out of here.

Hmmm... con point number two to her, maybe a half to us, just for being there.

Jebbua, for whatever reason, doesn't come back with us, stays here instead, winds up knocked out and imprisoned. A pretty tough accomplishment for a lady, considering he's a Jedi, rogue or not. The way I figure, you gotta be a jedi first in order to go rogue, so--

That earned a full point and a half con to her.

Ok, now we come slicing back into her base -- her illegal base, remember that Yaoksi! -- in the wee hours of the morning. Maybe pro points to us as far as the Impys would view it, but from her angle, ok. Let's go a full point con to us.

And now Thea won't wake up...

It set every hair on my head to standing upright, no matter how pretty this lady was, no matter how gracious she appeared. In fact, that just struck me as too, too weird; again, nobody is gracious under the circumstances she was.

"Don't worry about her education, lady; we'll get it taken care of. We just happen to be associated with jedi ourselves, several of them in fact; see? One came along with us now, remember him?"

I jerked a thumb over my back to Jebbua, who smiled not so sweetly to her.

I shook my head.

"Time's a-wasting here; let's go. And lady, you're coming with us.

"Call it insurance."

I nodded for someone to grab her, all the while keeping my blaster trained on her pretty face, right between the eyes.

[ 06-05-2006 01:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 06-05-2006 01:07 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was heading to fullfill Yaoki's request when, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted movement from the room next door, ever so slightly. Ever the jumpy EE guy he was, not quite used to all this sneaking around, he squeezed the trigger before he really had the chance to think of it.

Fortunately for someone, the weapon was still on stun, and Aaron didn't have quite enough of a good area to shoot towards. The blaster shot bounced off the cracked door with a resounding thunk. The movement stopped.

Aaron grabbed Cardissa. "Let's get the hell out of here," he whispered to Yaoksi. "Fast. I think we're being watched."

And with that he was on the move, weapon in hand, woman in hand.

Nevermind she wasn't wearing anything but nightclothes...

[ 06-05-2006 01:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2006 01:22 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot a glance at Aaron.

"Get that damned blaster to her head!" I hissed, and watched while he shifted it.

"Nothing personal, sweetheart; let's just say I'm all on edge from no sleep, too much caf, and a lack of food."

And Rico and Stern are still here, somewhere...

Cardissa safely covered, we began moving swiftly back the way we had come, as quietly as we could.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 06-05-2006 01:22 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something dark flashed in Cardissa's eyes as the men pointed a blaster to her head and pushed her along. "You would take me to...to...

...them? You would take me from my home, not even fully clothed...? Tell me you have never suspected this grand Empire with their big guns, their blockades..."

She paused, still forced to keep walking by Barnes. "...and their Reborn?"

[ 06-05-2006 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cardissa Mitra ]

--------------------

Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 06-05-2006 01:29 PM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I hunkered down for a long wait, when I heard footsteps running down the hall. I looked and saw a stream of people in black running past the window, and figured that the internal security finally woke up. Well, if a major firefight was about to take place, then it was a good time to vacate. I untied Bluebell, and opened the door to the alley.

I carried him on my shoulder, light as he was, and closed the door behind me. I really felt bad about leaving, but I had to protect my investment and I didn’t have my blaster with me anyway. I’d come back for Cass, as soon as I put Bluebell somewhere safe.

I was just passing the other door, the fixed one, when I heard blaster fire. I stopped and backed up against the wall next to the open door. I bent down, grimaced, and picked up a piece of wood to use as a club if I had to.

--------------------

I never fly faster than I can see, and besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e