my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » By the Pricking of My Thumbs...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: By the Pricking of My Thumbs...
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-13-2002 01:34 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Narcolm had never felt anything like this. He had no reason for coming to the Yavin system earlier than was nessesary. He had no wish to dart about furtivly, hoping a patrol didnt spot him. He had convinced himself that it was no more than a stroll down memory lane, or better yet, a stroll down dark, deserted, Memory Ally. Still something within him had urged him here and it had nothing to do with memories. Looking at the wreck of his master's ship he knew somthing had guided him here. It had not been the Force, somthing deeper, in his gut, like part of Master K'oth was buried deep within him. Still the question remained, if Naber had died in battle on Yavin what was his ship doing here. There was an ansewer, but there was a more important question where had Naber been going? The computer on Narcolm's craft was deconding all the information it could from the remains of The Light of the Force's Navigational Computer. The screen throubed infront of him, finally somthing would happen, he could do somthing, no longer would he simply skulk about. He had a mission now.

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.56
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 06-13-2002 05:12 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Deliverance came out of hyperspace far from Yavin IV, whereas many would curse thier nav computers for such a calculation error, Rathal was grateful. He had no wish to fall back into the admiral's clutches. His scanners didn't pick up any vessels other than those in the blockade, he imediatly repremanded himself for even trying somthing like a standard scan. He was trying to find a Jedi, not an idiot, and a wealthy jedi for that matter (judging from the bounty he offered Rathal). A rich Jedi
would no doubt have means to conceal himself from even the high-tech scanners which the Admiral's blockade used. So that left him with one option, he had to do things the old fashion way. It would take far to long to comb the entire system though. Rathal remembered a lesson his father had taught him,
"the best place to hide your ship is amoung othe ships." He quoted. His father was truely a great man, and if he turned out to be half the man his father had been he would considered himself lucky. This was not the time for reminicing about his father, this was a time for thought. It was obvious that the Jedi could not hid in the blockade itself so that left only one option... a field of ship debris. He scanned again, this time he was looking for large clusters of debris. The scan took longer than he expected, the events of the last few days had been as hard on his ship as they had been on him. He was lucky, though there were many fields of debris that may well have been ships destroyed by the Admiral's men, only about five had gotten this far away from the blockade and only one was tightly clustered enough to offer adiquate cover. After a quick glance across the delapidated cockpit Rathal grabed the controls and guided the battered craft towards the wreckage. As he aproached the wreckage in question it became apparent that there was some sort of craft in there, Correlian by the looks of it. Rathal aproached when much to his suprise a tiny picture of the Jedi apeared on his screen.

"I suppose you failed?"

Rathal was quick to recover from his suprise, "Yes I'm sorry, but I cant go back, he is way out of my league."

"I figured he would be."

"Sorry" apologised a slightly confused Rathal, "But if you knew I couldn't do it why did you send me."

"To see if you would." Replied Narcolm. "Call it a test of courage."

"Listen, I told you what I wanted to, Im leav-"

"Wait," said Narcolm in his characteristic monotone, "I do have a task I think a man as resourcefull as you could preform and I offer you the same reward."

"Come abord my ship, have somthing to eat, and we can discuss this. Either way you get a free meal and I will pay for the damages caused to your craft."

Rathal paused, could this be a trap? Was the Jedi lying? Could a Jedi lie at all? Rathal decided there was only one way to find out.

"Sure, why not?"

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.204.182
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 06-14-2002 02:25 AM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and when you find him give him this Rathal fiddled with the silver comunicator Narcolm had given him. He would find Sorben, give him this thing and Narcolm's message and then... wealth. Perhaps not as much as he had been offered for his previous job but enough, infact, considerably more than enough. He had also recieved a substantial sum to repair the damages to the ship. So here was the agenda:
1) fix ship
2)find the bounty hunter
3)Collect reward
4)Hit the closest city he could find

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.104.26
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-14-2002 03:11 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He stared at the green rock fixated. Somthing within him had told him to take it into his ship. The same thing that had guided him here. Narcolm boomed a voice inside his head, not his voice, somthing strange, sweet, powerful, somthing seductive.

Who is it, his voice sounded week, unsure,
even in his own mind.
I am K'oth's teacher, your master's spirit lies dormant within you and which guided you to me. sleep now and when you awaken I shall have revitalised the spirit of your fallen Master so that he may in habit your body with you.

It sounded nice, it felt nice, He was going to see his master again. He heard very little else, just the green rock's persuasive thoughts. He was tired anyway.

Hours later his computer beeped, the decoding was finished.

--------------------

Rathal

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.104.26
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-14-2002 05:22 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sun peeked its glorious head over the horizon. The vibrant colors shimmered in brilliant streaks turning the heavens into a beautiful painting. The dew collected on the leaves of trees and animals had their morning thirst quenched by the cool rippling, pools the rain had left the night before.

"Where am I" asked Narcolm who's last memory placed him on his ship.

"You are within you" said a voice behind him.
Narcolm whirled around comming face to face with K'oth.

"Master!" he gasped, "I thought you were dead."

"I am, but my spirit thrives within you, reawakend by the power of my master."

"The stone," Narcolm said half to himself

"My master Freedon Naad was once a great and powerful sith sorcerer. He is a master of the force whose power exceeded my own at its hight."

"What does he want with me then?" Narcolm said sitting down upon the lush grass.

"I want to help you." Narcolm rolled over, revealing a stone which had been beneth him.

"I.. I... Im sorry," Narcolm stammered, blushing profusly.

"There is no need," said the stone, speaking now in a real voice, not just a voice in his head, "However, your master mis represented me. I am not entirely without vice, I wish for you to help me find a powerful artefact, in return I shall use it to give you power beyond your wildest dreams."

"You will excuse me if I say that sounds a bit far fetched."

"As a gesture of good faith I shall devine for you the location of the man your bounty hunter seeks."

"How do you propose to do that?" said Narcolm, skeptically, blatantly ignoring K'oth's gestures.

"I was once a great rock, but I was shattered and scattered throughout the galaxy, as fate would have it part of me is on Sorben's person," he paused meditavly "That is how I know Sorben is on Kashyyk."

Narcolm's eyes shot open. Go on, tell Rathal what he needs to know, and then Im sure Master Naad has somthing he wishes for us to do. said the voice of K'oth in Narcolm's head, He needed no more persuasion than that.

--------------------

Rathal

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.181
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-14-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Remember to program it to come out of hyperspace a few moments earlier Narcolm as per Master Naad's instructions said the spirit of K'oth.

"Yes master" replied Narcolm as he finished fiddling with the navi computer.
Then we are ready to procede to the sith capital, I will be home at last. came the melodic thoughts of the stone, Naad

--------------------

Rathal

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.204.178
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-15-2002 05:42 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Follow Narcolm, and Naad to the Morniie Alantiie thread int he CSWU))((OOC:Follow Rathal to the persistance of memory thread in the CSWU))

[ 06-15-2002 05:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Narcolm ]

--------------------

Rathal

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.207.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05