The Holonet Boards   » Empire and New Republic   » It Can't Be Hopeless...

Major Carlos Davidov

posted 02-22-2003 12:19 AM    
On board the Mon Calamari cruiser "Righteous V", in orbit around Hoth...

"And I say we SURRENDER to the Imperials! There is no more use resisting their control of the systems!" shouted a Republic senator, one of a scant few remaining with the remnants of the Republic fleet.

Major Davidov rested his back against a wall of the ship's command center, in which a great debate is erupting between the leaders of this ragtag fleet. Every hour, hyperspace coordinates to neutral systems are plotted to avoid Imperial patrols.

"What then, senator?" The fleet admiral replied. "After we put down our weapons, will we just stand by and have their Reborn Jedi cut us down? No, we have to put up as much resistance as possible..."

"To what end?!" another shouted, himself a General.

At that the center exploded into a frenzy of screaming, as damn near every person had a different opinion of what to do.

Major Davidov could care less, however.

We're on the brink of annihilation, and they're STILL arguing amongst themselves. he thought. The soldier was very close to abandoning the Republic and going his own seperate path...his feelings towards Corellia remain the same, and he will do whatever it takes to see her free...

With the help of the Republic or not...

Davidov was actually surprised he's still here, and not stealing a shuttle to go elsewhere. Perhaps he's just waiting for all the Republic leaders to come to a final decision...or maybe he's waiting for hope...

Aaron Barnes

posted 03-20-2003 12:11 PM    
Chiss Space...

In his office aboard the Hornett, Aaron Barnes sat back in his chair, biting his lip as he considered the information on the datacard he was holding in his hands. The datacard read, simply:

Stargazer intelligence reports that a small fleet of leftover Republic ships is massing near Hoth space, lead by Righteous V. Unconfirmed reports suggest that Major Carlos Davidov may be among those on board one of these ships...

Aaron slipped from his musings to now look towards the man who had brought him the datacard containing this news: Matt Stanza.

"What do you make of it?" Matt queried only once Aaron had looked up.

"I don't know," Aaron admitted. "Could be coincidental, a set-up..."

"...or the truth," Matt finished.

Aaron simply nodded, again biting his lower lip.

"Send the Righteous V a comm requesting an audience with Davidov. If he truly knows anything of us and our efforts, he'll respond."

Matt simply nodded. "Anything else?"

Aaron furrowed his brow. "Actually, yes. Give Jasyn a comm. His silence troubles me, and I want to know what is going on concerning his mission...

...though I think we would have heard if he had been successful. I just hope he hasn't gotten into trouble dealing with the Sith...gods know I've never trusted them. Any trust I might have had in them was based on my trust in Terrin alone...and now that he's gone..."

Aaron fell silent for a long moment, and never finished his statement. Instead he continued with, "Report back to me in 0200 hours with whatever you find out."

Matt saluted respectfully, and with no further word turned on his heel and left Aaron's office, leaving him to ponder the datapad once more.

Davidov after all this time...

...but after all the things and people that had been lost in their recent dealings and battles...

...was a fight against the Empire still worth it?

Aaron really didn't know.

Major Carlos Davidov

posted 03-21-2003 02:34 PM    
"Gentlemen, if we have any hope of victory..."

"Victory? Victory in what?! Who are we at war with now?!"

"Stop acting like a fool, Senator. There's no point in pretending we're fighting for no reason at all..."

"Oh really? Just EXACTLY what are we fighting for?"

Again, the room exploded in an array of shouts and yells, and all Carlos (along with the other guards) could do is stand by and watch. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a comm officer stand up from his post and started walking to his direction.

I don't blame him...

As the officer came closer, Major Davidov realized he was approaching him. He took his back off the wall and faced him, arms crossed.

"Sir, we've picked up a transmission of a neutral vessel in orbit along with the fleet."

Neutral?

There was a puzzled look on the soldier's face as he responded. "What do you mean neutral? And why are you telling me about this?"

"Well," the comm officer started, "Its not Republic nor Imperial. I was about to call the Admiral, when the transmission I picked up was addressed to you."

"Me?"

He nodded. "Yes, sir. It was addressed to Major Davidov."

The Major didn't know what to think of this...

Survivors of my company? Or maybe...someone I left behind...

"I'll take it in my office in the troop barracks." Then he turned around to heard for the doorway. The comm officer stepped forward.

"Why can't you take it here?"

As the door slid open, Davidov nodded to the mass of officials arguing.

"Won't concentrate..."

Then he stepped through.

[ 03-21-2003 02:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Major Carlos Davidov ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 03-22-2003 10:18 AM    
Aaron was back at work, going about the business of selling ships and so forth when a light on his desk comm unit blinked a steady green. Without one thought about it, Aaron punch the button, accepting the incoming comm. "Aaron, it's Matt," the comm started. "Someone aboard the Righteous V has just recieved and accepted our comm."

Aaron pursed his lips. "Good. Patch it through to me."

"Gotcha...boss," Matt ended, his own comm frequency snapping out as the patch was completed along a secure frequency.

"This is Captain Aaron Barnes of Eagle Enterprises," Aaron said into the comm unit now that the patch was complete. "As my assistant..."

Assistant? Matt was always TERRIN'S assistant...

"...has already communicated to you, I am looking for Major Carlos Davidov. Your name was amongst leaders of a resistance movement on Corellia, and therefore caught my attention. We aren't particularly thrilled with the Empire's rule by fear, and have some connections you might be interested in, if you in fact are aboard the Righteous V and are still fighting this..."

Aaron paused and waited for the reply with nothing more than that, wondering if this was going to be another dead end or not.

Major Carlos Davidov

posted 04-01-2003 05:43 PM    
Davidov read the message on his personal terminal extensively. As he did so, his hopes started to rise...as well as his suspicions toward whoever sent it.

They seem more interested in me than the whole of the Republic fleet. Well, maybe their aware of the pathetic fighting between the higher-ups...but exactly what are these 'connections'?

Davidov typed up a response instead of talking to the sender directly. For now, it was best to keep this as secret as possible...

Rathal

posted 04-01-2003 10:00 PM    
"You sure?" asked Rathal,looking up from his meal.

"Yeah," replied the mechanic, shouting to be heard over the din. The mess hall was always crouded and noisey around meal times.

"How did he die?" Jonovar cried back. The mechanic merely shrugged, obviously growing bored of his conversation with the former bounty hunter. For the past half hour, ever since he had relayed the latest bit of gossip to his fellow crewmate, the mechanic had been thuroughly interrogated by an increasingly anxious Rathal. Rathal couldn't say he blamed the mechanic for pertending he didn't hear and walking off. Most of the mechanics were not permenant members of the crew and could find other work in a snap. However, Rathal on the other hand would be forced to go back to bounty hunting if EE went under. It wasn't that he minded bounty hunting, it was just that it was a lot harder (not to mention dangerous) work, and most of the time it didn't pay as well. Not to mention the fact that he was still without his own means of transport. Jonovar shoved another forkful of food in his mouth and ran his fingers through his dark brown hair. He needed ansewers and he needed them soon, preferably before his break ended. Jonovar made his way out of the mess hall and up through the maze of hallways to the offices of Matt Stanza, he knew the way fairly well as he had gone there to complain whenever they had not given him a sufficiently large pay check, or it had been late. Rathal entered the office and smiled politely before getting down to bussness.

"Mr. Stanza," he said, "if you arn't too busy there are a few questions I need to ask you regarding the future of this company and the wellfare of its owner Terrin Danner whom I have heard has... well... croaked."

Matt Stanza

posted 04-01-2003 10:34 PM    
Matt's vivid green eyes locked on the ex-bounty hunter's brown eyes. For a long moment he didn't say anything at all, but merely regarded the other man, frankly more than offended by what he had just said. But Matt was never much of an overreactor, even when he might have had the right. But that didn't mean he wouldn't take any action...

...for he most certainly had the authority. As Terrin's personal assistant, he knew everything Terrin ever had, and was pretty much "filling the gap" in that department. He stood, arms folded, and came around his desk, leaning on it despite the fact his stature was already shorter than Rathal's. His green eyes never left the other man's...

...and they began to show a trace of offense. "I'd suggest you watch your tone," Matt said deceptively calmly. "All you need to know is that EE is doing sufficient business, and that you still have a job to do here...

...currently. You'll lose your job because your lack of respect long before you'll ever lose it because the company has folded."

Matt paused, his arms still folded against his chest. "Was there anything further?"

[ 04-01-2003 10:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Rathal

posted 04-01-2003 10:41 PM    
Rathal shuddered with rage, but forced himself to contain it. He needed to restrain himself if he was to retain his job. Jonovar swollowed his pride, now would be a good time to grovel,

Rathal smiled apologetically, "I am sorry if my tone offened you. I did not intend it too, my concern for the welfare of this company, as well as, I must admit, my desire to remain an employee overid my common sense. I am sorry that I took what must have been a very rude and abrasive tone and made light of an incedent which must have affected you on a personal level as well as on the level of a busness man. I simply wish to know if there is anything I could do for you in these trying times."

Aaron Barnes

posted 04-03-2003 10:06 PM    
Aaron frowned at the data-stream he was recieving across his comm frequency.

Either someone is up to something funny, or Davidov doesn't trust me.

Maybe you have something in common?

Still, Aaron wasn't about to just up and fork over the information regarding his said connections til he knew just precisely who he was handing that information off to.

Aaron wasn't ready to risk this just yet. Stargazer's information could still be incorrect...

...but just maybe there was something he could do to further the trust here.

Aaron switched to a datastream and typed out his next message, knowing it would be encrypted across the frequency til it reached its destination.

"I trust you, as a rebel leader, have heard about the simulated earthquake on Coruscant?"

He typed no more than that, but simply leaned back and waited. If Davidov had heard anything regarding the Coruscant attack, perhaps he had heard just who had staged it, and would make the proper connections himself...

Matt Stanza

posted 04-05-2003 09:07 PM    
Matt merely cocked a brow at Rathal, his green eyes all the while regarding the man perceptively. Then, "Really?" he said, his brow still cocked. After an indeterminable moment he lowered his brow and then looked Rathal over from head to toe. He wore the standard EE uniform, nothing fancy, no specified rank...

...which meant that the guy had been hired as a general flunkie, and nothing more. Granted, Matt was keenly aware that Rathal had been the bringer of information concerning Galen's whereabouts when Actar had tried to all but kill her...

...but Matt was also aware that, other than this, the man had done little else excepting some minor ship repairs and alot of demanding, especially when it came to his paycheck--which, was rather steep considering the job he held.

"Weren't you a bounty hunter before you were hired on here at EE?" Matt queried suddenly, something very vague sparking in the back of his mind. "Ever thought of going back to it?"

[ 04-05-2003 09:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-07-2003 09:23 AM    
(((OCC: Jasyn continues from The Lion's Den in the CSWU.

Jasyn had lost track of time as he sat back in thought aboard the Raptor, all the while considering the resources he might have through EE and Stargazer Corporation to help Galen get through that blockade on Coruscant and to her baby. Granted, EE had been able to blast through that blockade with the good ole' "blow 'em outta the water" approach once before, but Jasyn wasn't too keen on trying it again if not for the simple fact that, as hard as it'd been before, it'd be even harder the second time around. The Empire wasn't stupid by a long shot, and had most certainly tightened their defenses. Still, this was an option he couldn't entirely rule out.

As he continued to consider and something of a more stealthy idea began to worm its way into his brain, the Raptor's proximity indicator began to beep, signalling to him that reversion was immenient and that he'd be to the Hornett soon. So, leaving his thoughts on pause for the moment, Jasyn took care of matters concerning reversion, then made as graceful an entrance and landing into the Hornett's main hanger bay as he could. While the systems of the classy lamby began to cool down then, Jasyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he returned to that little beginning of an idea.

Just maybe...

Standing then, Jasyn made sure his comm was secured to his belt, frowning for a moment before he headed out of the Raptor all together.

He hadn't heard anything from Galen lately. He just hoped everything was allright...

At that, he paused for a brief moment to send a short message across a secure frequency to the Eagle to let Galen know he was on the Hornett and investigating an idea he was starting to get concerning a possible way to get to Darra. Then he headed for the hatch of the lamby, lowered the plank, and descended down it to the tarmac of the hanger bay. He was met by some EE flunkies. "Mr. Lancaster, we've been informed to let you know that your new office..."

Jasyn raised his right hand, halting the flunkie in mid-speech.

OFFICE...?!

"If someone needs me," he then said, "I'll be in Captain Danner's office."

With that he turned and began to head for his intended destination. Behind him, one of the little flunkies spoke up in protest. "But sir, no one has been allowed to..."

He turned, his brows lowering ever-the-slightest. "If you'd like to pull rank on me, go right ahead. The very fact I even have an access code should give you a clue."

Without waiting for any further reply to that, Jasyn turned on his heel, and headed once more towards Terrin's office, his mind once again on that tiny bit of an idea lurking there.

Just maybe...

[ 04-07-2003 09:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Major Carlos Davidov

posted 04-07-2003 03:47 PM    
Simulated earthquake? On Coruscant?

The major stared at the text words in front of him. Years ago, he would have laughed at this idea and thought it to be a joke. But these days, even the smallest thing must be taken seriously...

IF this actually happened... he thought, as he typed up the words as well. We would surely have heard about from our superiour officers...unless...

Carlos stopped his hands for a moment, considering over what he was about to type.

...They didn't want us to.

He hit send, and the message disappeared off-screen...

Aaron Barnes

posted 04-08-2003 08:38 AM    
Aaron sat back thoughtfully for a moment as he read the words scrolling across his comm screen. Then he switched to voice once more across the secure frequency, realizing that if trust was going to start anywhere, it might just have to start with him. "Or perhaps it's the Empire who has kept it quiet because they don't want to fuel the hopes of any disenters," he commented, falling silent. His eyes defocused a moment as something else occurred to him.

You know, the Empire knows about EE and Pallaeon, so there is little reason to be hush-hush about it.

"I know you're probably suspicious that I've contacted you when you yet have superiors, but yours was the only real name we had in conjunction with the rebellion on Corellia. All other speculation on the existence of authorities battling this who were higher up the "food chain" so to speak would have been merely speculation, and not very helpful."

Aaron paused for a moment, then finished with, "And, regarding my connection, you're going to have to keep an open mind, since you are associated with the Republic and I don't know your feelings regarding him. I'm certain you've heard of Admiral Pallaeon..."

Aaron trailed at that and simply waited, thoughtful once more.

If Davidov let the Admiral's actions speak for themselves, then just maybe they'd finally get somewhere...

[ 04-08-2003 08:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Major Carlos Davidov

posted 04-09-2003 02:52 PM    
Carlos scratched the back of his head, thinking about what he just read.

Maybe this guy's for real. He's giving me info the Empire wouldn't let out, and apparently knows my reputation back on Corellia...

However, there was still that statement about Admiral Pallaeon.

"Well," he started to type, "I've heard rumours he was having second thoughts about the Empire, but that's all I've heard."

Davidov still wasn't satisfied by the response, and decided to include more information into it...very sensitive information.

Taking a big risk here, but he seems to be on the level...[i]

[i]"Also, don't think my association with the Republic is something I put above my own life. A few months ago, maybe I did, but things change. This is not the freedom-loving government I once swore loyalty to. It is now controlled by greedy, corrupt politicians that, at this very moment, talk about surrendering."

Davidov paused before he continued, wondering if he should hit the DELETE key while he still has the opportunity. A few moments passed, and he resumed typing.

"A group of soldiers and pilots, myself and my squad included, have been planning to leave the fleet and go home or continue the fight elsewhere. If you plan on continuing the war against the Empire...I'm for it.

He barely heard himself sigh as he pressed the button to send the message...

Galen

posted 04-15-2003 10:18 AM    
((OOC: Galen and those aboard Eagle come in from In Harm's Way in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

I don't know how long we growled along in hyperdrive. Time seemed to stop of its own accord while we moved through that impossible realm which permitted us to set the laws of physics aside, allowing entirely too much of itself to envelope me with memories. They popped from a place deep inside me where I had been stashing them, parading out with patient persistence one after the other, until my head and eyes and heart and very being seemed to be nothing but a replay of the past three years of my life:

Some of it good... and most of it very, very bad....

Finally there came a spark of something into my reveries; I jerked, nearly falling from the pilot's seat when I realized that the proximity sensor was alerting me to the fact that if someone didn't do something quickly we would overshoot that infinitesimally tiny position in space where we were to revert back to realspace. I shook my head in a last attempt to if not rid myself of the memories, then at least banish them back into the recesses of my mind where they had come from.

I reached forward and flipped the hyperdrive release, and Eagle promptly obeyed by screaming down into sublight velocity. The starlines around us shrank back to brilliant dots, millions and millions of them all around us, save for directly ahead where something blocked those distant stars. I nodded at that dark something, which resolved itself to the image of a super star destroyer as we approached it.

"Welcome to my SSD, the Hornett," I said with a little smile as I placed Eagle into manual, sent forth a transmission requesting permission to come aboard, and continued on at a much reduced rate.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-15-2003 11:59 AM    
I slowly opened my eyes and got out of the bed and went to the cockpit. I looked and saw a SSD in front of us.

"whoa. Is that your ship?" I asked Galen.

I had to admit it was one of the biggest ships i'd seen.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-15-2003 01:57 PM    
Seeing GALEN again, put me into a kind of 'state'. I had so much going on in my life right now, and I had kind of put GALEN on the back burner for a while. With the whole JEDI training thing, and ALEXIS in my life now.... I hadn't been giving my course of life any rational thought lately. I mean I've had kind of a crush on GALEN, but ALEXIS was really starting to grow on me.... So I spent the journey through hyperspace in deep meditation, silent as I've ever been. Deep in contemplation, I could sense the connection between GALEN and LOBAN, and my mind says to leave them be, but my heart keeps tugging me in the other direction. On the other hand, my body keeps pushing me towards the beauty and intelligence of ALEXIS, but my mind tells me 'No, that is Master Jebbua's sister!'

So torn, and to top off this little dilemma, I am now LIGHTSABERLESS!!!! I'll have to start all over! Find a crystal, purchase materials, and begin construction... When am I gonna find the time???

I'm gonna have to go off and do some more soul searching. but how to tell everyone?!?

I'll have to contemplate this later.

I exited the deep trance I was in just as we returned to real space.

"Look at the size of that thing!!!" was all I could stammer out of my clouded head, as I looked at the SSD.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-15-2003 08:12 PM    
Jasyn had left Terrin's office a little while before after finding something which just might be useful a little later on, and was in the process of taking a little snooze in his own personal quarters when his commlink jolted him from sleep with its obnoxious buzzing. Still have asleep, he punched the accept button and answered with a "This is Jasyn Lancaster."

A communications officer from the main bridge of the Hornett then briefly filled him in on events he had requested to be notified about when they occurred, namely the approach of the Eagle to the Hornett.

"Have them been given clearance?" he queried.

"Yes, Mr. Lancaster, we're on it right now, and have directed her to Captain Danner's personal landing platform."

"Good," Jasyn said a bit vaguely in response. Then, remembering something, he continued with, "I want a medical team headed for that platform immediately. There's a man onboard the Eagle who has been the victim of a poison dart. Clearly inform the med team that his status is critical, and demands immediate attention. You copy?"

"I'm on it right now, Mr. Lancaster. Is there anything further?"

"Aside from informing Captain Barnes that the Eagle has landed with Galen Danner and a few others aboard."

"Yes, sir. Bridge communications, out."

Even as the communications officer made his last reply and the frequency snapped closed, Jasyn got to his feet, stretched a bit, and headed for the Hornett's main hanger bay, his mind full of the things which might be laying ahead.

Galen

posted 04-15-2003 09:39 PM    
Eagle swooped in to a perfect landing at the coordinates I was given, almost as if she had transformed into sentience and actually recognized the super star destroyer as being her true home. We had no sooner settled to a quiet landing when I popped the hatch, putting her into emergency shut-down and vent.

"Get him out of here and to the nearest sick-bay, now!" I ordered as I burst from the pilot's seat, perhaps a bit too brusquely but at the moment I didn't care. All I could think about was getting Lo Ban somewhere where he could be healed, before then turning my mind to the other matters which lay ahead of us.

I was so concerned that, although I was well aware of them, the pheromones being generated by Dash didn't even seem to bother me one bit. I cast a quick look into his face, one that begged him to do as I asked, and to please not hesitate long in doing it.

[ 04-15-2003 09:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 04-16-2003 11:58 AM    
Aaron Barnes leaned back in his desk chair, reading the next datastream Davidov sent his way thoughtfully.

If you plan on continuing the war...

He frowned, his eyes and his thoughts now darkening. Well, did he plan on it? And if the Empire WAS overthrown, then what...? If it wasn't the Imperials and their need for tight control...

...it would be the Republicans and their need to bicker and squabble over petty issues. And there was the continuing demand this would place on EE if he continued...

Aaron's eyes grew vague then as his mind shifted to just what sort of demand choosing any specific side had involved in the past.

And he really wasn't seeing numbers at that. He was seeing lives lost...

...and he didn't like the picture presented.

Aaron didn't know if he could take more unless it was for a worthy cause. And, at the moment at least, fighting the Empire merely to return to the ways of the Republic was seeming less and less appealing. If their was something truly more trustworthy to turn to than the Republic, if their was e even some higher cause...

...maybe. But he was, after all, a businessman. Perhaps for now it was time to return to business, and let the warriors and fighters deal with the politics...

"Look," Aaron replied. "I've vested alot in beginning a rebellion with the Empire, but at the moment the demand it's bringing to my company is not worth choosing sides. If I had more faith in what we have to chose from...

...that being the Republic or the Empire...

...this would be one thing. I can't say I see that the fight is worth it because of that. Still, there is someone who you may find will see eye to eye with you...

...and who will probably be willing to assist you better than I could anyway, for he is a fighter. I am sending you Admiral Pallaeon's comm frequency. If you truly wish to fight this no matter what, use it. He will be waiting for your communication."

With that Aaron sent the message, along with the promised comm frequency...

...leaving the decision entirely up to Davidov. Perhaps in time he'd be ready to fight this again, when there was something he truly believed in to be fighting for...

...but not yet...not yet...

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-16-2003 09:32 PM    
Jasyn entered the main hanger bay just behind the medcrew he'd requested, so he simply lagged behind a bit, stopping at the hatch of the Eagle and directing the medteam to not hesitate but go directly in. In only a few moments they came out with a very pale Loban Kenobi on a stretcher, Galen not far behind him. And along with them was a couple of guys who looked very much to be Jedi and a young female. He waved an officer on the tarmac over after briefly introducing himself to the newcomers as Jasyn Lancaster, then instructed the officer to lead the group to some guest suites where they could rest and refresh themselves while they waited.

After the officer began to lead the group off to Red Level, Jasyn then nodded the med crew onward and followed slightly behind, not liking the looks of Kenobi one bit. He had a very bad feeling about this...

When they finally approached the main medical wing of the Hornett, Jasyn stopped a moment to address Galen. "If you need anything...

...let me know. I'll be here."

As he took a step back, the medical crew proceeded inside and took Kenobi to the intensive care ward, where they would run a list of tests on him to determine his condition. Jasyn turned to the medic at the desk. "Make certain the results on the battery of tests you will run on the newest patient, Mr. Kenobi, are determined immediately."

The medic glanced at his ensigna and nodded. "Yes sir," she said simply, then returned to her work as Jasyn simply waited in concern in case he was needed...

Galen

posted 04-16-2003 09:45 PM    
I've always hated medical bays, always have and always will. While some would greet them with open arms, looking at them as saviors coming with lifelines extended to yank them from the veritable jaws of death, I've always tended to associate them with the death rattles of those who finally do leave this weary realm we tread upon.

Not to mention that I've always felt plain in the way.

Thus it was that the best I could do was find a happy medium between sticking as close to Loban as I could, holding on to his cold and pale hand as if with the knowledge that he could feel that, and trying to stay out of the way of the med-droids and techs and doctors and all who hustled and bustled with far too many gadgets and needles and whatnot.

At length the scurry died down a bit, and the room we were in grew very, very quiet. I found myself alone in it, standing next to Lo Ban's still form, one hand still holding his for dear life while the other reached down to stroke his cheek or ruffle his hair.

Dear Khaandon Lo Ban, please just open those wonderful eyes once, just once for me....

He lay still as a tomb, so quiet that I could plainly hear the footsteps approaching outside, and the low murmur as someone began speaking to another in the hall just outside the room.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-16-2003 10:49 PM    
Jasyn couldn't do anything but merely stare at the medic for a moment as he simply revealed that although the poison in Loban's bloodstream had been mysteriously eradicated, whatever had elimated it had simply not happened soon enough. Damage had already been done, and there was a significant possibility he would remain in the coma he was in...

...permanantly.

Jasyn's brown eyes were in the process of darkening when the medic began to turn to step inside the room, probably with the intent to inform Galen of their prognosis. "Wait," Jasyn instructed, then his voice softened a bit as the medic turned in response, “I’ll tell her.”

The medic simply nodded at that, turning then to return to his work. Jasyn remained in the hallway a moment longer, then proceeded into the room which had been given to Loban, where Galen stood beside him, holding one of his hands, watching him. Probably hearing the audible whoosh of the doors opening and closing, Galen turned, her brown eyes reading an admixture of hope and despair. Jasyn hesitated another moment, crossed the room, and laid a hand on her shoulder, allowing his brown eyes to then level with hers. “He’s in a coma, Galen,” Jasyn said simply, quietly, dreading the next words that he’d have to say. “They’ve tried everything they have to try to revive him, and will continue to search for any other possibilities...but they don’t know if he’ll ever wake up...”

Galen

posted 04-17-2003 12:16 AM    
I merely closed my eyes against the universe, wanting to believe that somehow if I did so, and held them thus long enough, when I opened them again this all would prove to be some hideous kind of prank, that Lo Ban would sit up behind me, those electric blue eyes of his pouring into mine as with that equally electric grin of his he would announce he had fooled us all...

...only this time, really, deep down I knew that I was only fooling myself.

I gripped his hand even more tightly, raised it to my cheek, yearned for the feel of his fingers moving lightly against the skin of my face, aching for the warmth to return to that touch. But the fingers remained limp and cool, bending without any resistance where I pressed them against me, a small but stark indication of the suddenly gaping hole in my life.

He had shown me passion. And now I felt I'd never know it again.

I couldn't utter one sound. I couldn't move. I couldn't even cry. All I could do was simply stand there, holding his hand against my face, trying with all my might to bring forth that fierce something that had flooded out from me when I thought he was dying, inwardly raging and railing and fighting against the cruel whimsy of fate which would dare allow this horrific thing to happen.

Dear, dear Khaandon... this was worse than death!

He remained cool and quiet, lost in that mysterious world of his own mind. And deep within myself I seemed to know that I had indeed lost him forever.

Finally his hand fell limply beside him as I loosed it from my grasp, my knees buckling and sending me to the floor. It was only then that I began erupting in great heaving sobs, sobs torn from some place deeper than my heart, deeper than my soul. They came from a special place we had forged together, a place suddenly torn asunder as if by a mighty and uncaring god.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-17-2003 10:41 AM    
Jasyn took a couple of steps back in quiet silence, allowing Galen the space to let her grief have full vent while at the same time not wanting to go too far for fear of what she might do after the initial shock and despair faded into something else.

This was, after all, the woman who had gone tuk'ata hunting after one had slaughtered her husband...

Jasyn's eyes darkened at that for a moment, and then his thoughts shifted as he wondered just who had done this to Loban. Jasyn hadn't know the young man well, but he had known him somewhat, and certainly knew Galen.

How could the Hand of Fate be so damned cruel to one single person...?

At length, as Galen's sobs began to abate somewhat, Jasyn finally stepped back in, his brown eyes now noticing the clearly obvious...

...and rather deep wound on her left shoulder. As he helped her back to her feet Jasyn winced visibly at the extent of the injury, then spoke up quietly. "Let's get that shoulder taken care of," he said, knowing she probably didn't give a damn about it at the moment.

Why the kriffing hell didn't one of her Jedi "buddies" taken care of this enroute to the Hornett? a little shoulder devil peeped. Stinkin' Jedi...

Jasyn didn't pay that particular devil much mind, but carefully lead Galen to a nearby medic, directing them to take care of her injury. As they did just that, Jasyn yet remained close by, still very much concerned, somehow certain that now was not the time to leave her alone to her despair.

[ 04-17-2003 10:43 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-17-2003 11:42 AM    
After running the usual battery of medical tests on Galen, the medics determined that, other than her shoulder wound, she was a completely physically fit female with an elevated white blood cell count and midicholorian count and no chance of pregnancy. With the final determination, she was taken to a bacta tank for a float there, and after some time there was then removed to recover from the effects of the pain medication she'd been given for her now bacta-bandaged wound. Again not wanting to wander far, Jasyn then waited for her to stir, not wanting her to wake up alone, especially since she hadn't uttered so much as one word since he'd made the revelation concerning Loban's prognosis...

[ 04-17-2003 03:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-17-2003 02:06 PM    
After I got cleaned up and changed I went and checked on Alexis, who was asleep, and then I went down the halls and found an officer.

"Excuse me, could you tell me where the Medical Bay is?" I asked.

He pionted me in the direction and soon I was there. I found a Docter working on something and walked over to him.

"Do you know where I could find a woman named Galen? She came in here with a jedi that was piosoned." I asked him.

He thought about it for a minute and then pionted to a room.

"She's in there." He said.

I walked over to the door and knocked and waited for some one to answer.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-17-2003 08:16 PM    
Much the same as on the hyperspace voyage to this SSD in the middle of nowhere, I skulked around the ship keeping to myself. Feeling quite Vulnerable, and almost Naked, without my LIGHTSABER. I'll have to leave soon to find a new crystal to construct a LIGHTSABER with.

Yes, I had made up my mind. I was going back to ORB CARTELL to find a crystal. Now, how to tell everyone....

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-17-2003 09:01 PM    
Jasyn was deep in thought in a chair by the medtable Galen was resting on when a knock on the door. He didn't really think much of it, figuring perhaps a medic was making usual rounds to check on patients, so he stood and headed for the door, somewhat perplexed as to why the medic didn't just open the damn door himself when no one replied immediately. As he approached the door, Jasyn reached for the keypad, and the doors whooshed open. His brown eyes fell on the figure not of a medic, but instead on one of the last people he expected to see here.

Well, well, well, a little shoulder-being scoffed. Look what the rancor dragged in. It's one of our helpful Jedi buddies...

Scowling at that, Jasyn couldn't help but think that, if this Jedi was coming out of concern for Galen or even Loban, he sure could have requested to come along to the medcenter with them instead of going to take care of his own needs. And he could have bothered to do whatever it was Jedi did with Galen's injury.

His scowl darkened a fraction more, and it was only with the greatest efforts that he didn't just simply blurt out "What the kriffing hell do you want?!"

He leaned against the doorframe, folded his arms, and instead spoke quietly, so as not to wake Galen, "Kenobi is comatose and Galen's resting, recovering from treatment for her injury," he stated, unable to keep from emphasizing the last to words of that statement. Then he finished with, "Is there something else you wanted?"

Then he fell into silence and simply waited to see what, if anything, this guy would have to say.

[ 04-17-2003 09:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-18-2003 10:13 AM    
"I just wanted to see how Galen and the other jedi was doing. Thats all, but I can see that they're ok so i'll leave." I said.

I walked out of the medical bay and headed to Dash's room. When I got there I knocked on the door.

"Dash are you there? Its me Jebbua." I stood there and waited for him to reply, if he was there.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-18-2003 02:36 PM    
I mustn't have wandered very far around the ship, because I heard Master JEBBUA up ahead of me knocking on my door. "Dash, are you there?" I heard him say.

I used as much stealth as JEDILY possible, and poked JEBBUA in the back.

"GOCHA!" I yelled at him.

By the stare I received, I could tell he was not impressed. So I stood there waiting for a lecture on how we must not use out FORCE powers for our own silly games.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-18-2003 03:31 PM    
"Dash. How many times do I have to tell you. Don't use the force when you want to, only when you have to. Like a lightsaber. And trust me, sneaking up on somebody is not when you have to. Unless of course its an emeney, but I'm not an Emeney. Anyways where have you been? I've been meaning to talk to you." I asked him.

[ 04-18-2003 03:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-18-2003 09:35 PM    
I stood there, listening to the lecture.
If only he knew how powerful a DARK JEDI I was, he would not be berrating me right now. I try not to abuse this power anymore.

"I'm sorry Master, I forget sometimes. It is not easy for me you know, I am new to the LIGHT side. For years I have been a slave to the DARK side, and abusing the power I have was a regular part of my day for so long. I will try to be mindful of your teachings."

"What was it you wanted to talk about anyway?"

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-18-2003 09:43 PM    
"I've seen the way you look at my sister. I know that you like her and I just want to say that want ever you and her do is her's and your business. Not mine, but if you break her heart. I won't be lectuing to you about it. one other thing, what happened to your lightsaber? I don't see it on your belt." I said to him.

As I had just finshed talking to him and was waiting for a reply, I felt a new presence comeing torwards us from down the hallway.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-18-2003 09:52 PM    
How embarrasing... Master JEBBUA noticed my apparent lack of owning a LIGHTSABER.

"Well after I rescued ALEXIS, we ran into some FRIENDS They kind of confiscated my LIGHTSABER, and disarmed my ship. It was the only way they would lets us through thier blockade!"

Just then I felt the presence of ALEXIS... my heart skipped a beat or three. What are the chances of ALEXIS walking over to us, just as JEBBUA is giving me the BIG BROTHER talk....

"Master, ALEXIS is coming this way."

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-18-2003 10:22 PM    
Jasyn scowled at the departing Jedi's back and must have stood that way for a good five minutes before he finally turned, closed the doors behind him, and headed back to the seat he'd vacated before he was so rudely interrupted.

Good gods, are all jedi that thoughtless? Here the guy had totally overlooked Galen's injury, and didn't so much as even blink when it was mentioned? Aren't jedi supposed to be observant individuals who pick up on those sort of things on their own? And kriffing hell, he didn't even hardly react to the fact that Kenobi is in a coma. Damn jedi...

Scowling a bit more at these thoughts, Jasyn leaned back in his seat, returning to his self-proclaimed task of making sure Galen didn't wake up in the medcenter alone.

Too bad no one else around here was thinking about that...

[ 04-18-2003 10:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Alexis

posted 04-18-2003 11:34 PM    
Alexis approched Jebbua and Dash who were talking about something.

"Hey guys, what are you guys talking about?" She asked.

"Nothing. We were just talking about how big thise place is. Well I'm going to have a look around, so later." Jebbua left of down the corridor.

"So Dash, How are things going?" She looked into his eyes and gazed into them for a minute and then turned around and blushed. she turned back around and waited for Dash's reply.

[ 04-18-2003 11:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-19-2003 06:09 AM    
My palms began sweating, my heart began racing...

About as awkwardly as the famous JAR JAR BINKS I stammered out, "UUHHHH, things are, uhh, good... Look, I'm sorry I've been so, well, recluse. I just have a lot on my mind right now... Like what direction my life is going right now, who should be part of it, (I hope she can take a hint), and where I need to be in this overwhelming place they call the Universe."

There was some definate chemistry here, for my internal organs were working some overtime here, to produce an abundance of pheremones. I desperatly wanted to ask ALEXIS to come with me to ORB CARTELL.

"So... you like... Stuff???"

Way to go DASH... that aught to sweep her right off her feet!!! If only I could turn back the clock and take that line back!!!

[ 04-19-2003 06:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Alexis

posted 04-19-2003 09:35 AM    
"Uh, Dash are you feeling ok? Because you don't look so good." Alexis said.

Alexis felt nervous, she just wanted to say. 'Dash, I like you.' But she couldn't say it. She just had to do something.

"So what are you going to do about your lightsaber?"
well it is better than nothing. She thought.

[ 04-19-2003 09:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-19-2003 11:26 AM    
"Umm... yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask? Do I look BLUE??? Ha ha ha!" that laugh sounded as nervous as a Jawa looking down the throat of a Rancor.
Why can't I just go ahead and tell her how I feel?

"Well, I have to go to ORB CARTELL again. That is where I must construct a new LIGHTSABER. I'm not going to be taking DINK and MALF, but I'd love some company. You interested?"

[ 04-19-2003 11:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Alexis

posted 04-19-2003 12:35 PM    
He was asking her if she wanted to go alone with him, just her and him.

"Sure." She blurted out as soon as he finshed asking her.

"I'd love too, do you know when you'll leave?" she asked him.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-19-2003 01:14 PM    
I walked around the hallways of the SSD Hornett and found it very big. After I had walked for what seemed like forever I came to a room that said: Enginering.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a look inside I thought.

as I opened the door some one down the Hall shouted.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I closed the door and started to walk off towards my room.

[ 04-19-2003 05:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-19-2003 07:41 PM    
"Wonderful!!! We will leave as soon as GALEN is well enough to take us back to the SHIMMERING SCIMITAR on SULLUST."

I tried hard to hide my excitement.

"I can't wait, maybe I can teach you a little about using the Force."

"But now it is late, and I need to check on a few things before I go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning. OK?"

Alexis

posted 04-19-2003 07:44 PM    
"Ok, see you later." She said.

As Alexis left she couldn't help but watch as Dash went into his room.

He sure is cute. She thought.

Alexis turned around and went to find her brother and to tell him where she was going.

[ 04-19-2003 07:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-19-2003 07:56 PM    
As I was walking towards my suite Alexis came walking up to me.

"You'll never guess what happened today." She said.

I stood there and probed her mind.

"Dash wanted to know if you'd go with him to Ord Cartell." I said to her.

"How did you... Never mind, so I'm going. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know yet."

"Oh, well I wouldn't do anything untill your shoulder heals."

" I'll be ok. Well I better get some rest, but tell Dash to see me tomoorrow some time ok."

"Ok."

I walked on towards my room thinking of what to do.

[ 04-19-2003 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Galen

posted 04-20-2003 03:33 PM    
It seemed that I had been asleep for days. Perhaps I had been; perhaps I had been lost in that fantasy realm in which the mind is given free rein to wander up and down pathways of its own design... and perhaps then, if that were the case, all the events which had occurred to me in the past, was it merely days? Less??? -- perhaps those events were merely dreams as well.

I opened my eyes, to find myself laying in a medical center of some kind. I blinked against the light which, although thoughtfully dimmed by someone, still shone brightly in my eyes, and took a glance around. The small movement brought a sharp lance of pain arrowing down my left side, but a pain which nevertheless somehow felt less... adamant than it had been before. I blinked again, letting my wandering thoughts and questions all converge into a semblance of an explanation, one which was verified when my roving eyes finally settled upon a silent form camped out in a nearby chair.

Great Khaandon's Ghost, was I that bad? I thought a bit ruefully as I recognized who it was sitting there quite obviously waiting for me to wake up.

Wake. Up.

Unlike--

The memory came rushing forth, trying to slash its way past my shakily enforced self-control; I drew in a breath, and let it come. It did come, with a vengeance, and reminded me forcefully again of what I had recently been through.

I blinked, my lips trembled, I felt a heated rush accompanied by yet another stab of pain... and then I closed my eyes. For a long moment I just lay there, letting images and recognition and acceptance come... and pushed way far away, deep down inside me, the insidiously budding germ of vengeance.

Later. That would most certainly come later... and a certain scumbag would find himself oh so surprised....

I tried again.

This time my head was tilted in the appropriate direction so when I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was Jasyn.

"Hi," I said in a small voice. "I seem to have been out of sorts for a bit; care to fill me in on what's been happening around my ship?" Drawing a breath against the last stubborn remnants of pain, I then fell into a suddenly spreading and somehow awkward silence.

[ 04-20-2003 03:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-20-2003 08:31 PM    
Jasyn quietly turned his brown eyes towards Galen, letting a small smile slip across his features for a moment before he let it disappear. “Hi yourself,” he replied then, “Good to see you awake. As for what has been going on around your ship...”

He paused for a barely perceptible moment, “I can’t say I’m the expert. I had been digging through computer files in Terrin’s office hoping to find something... useful til you arrived.”

Jasyn paused for another moment, pursing his lips thoughtfully. “And perhaps I did. I purposefully dug through all of the files on Terrin’s computer regarding Krenoff—that’s accessible from any other computer here, to some extent—but quite a bit of the information was secure. There’s everything from the names and makes of every ship in Krenoff’s fleet to clearance and access codes. I don’t know if these things still work, but I don’t think Krenoff would have changed them; that would have meant admitting to his Imperial cronies that he’d lost a hell of alot of money. It’s only a beginning of an idea to perhaps get us into Coruscant, but if any of this might help you get to Darra—

--it’s worth the risk. Other than that, I’ve considered suggesting we ram the Hornett down Coruscant’s throat, which would have suited a former boss of mine just fine, had he known that Darra was in Imperial hands.”

Jasyn quieted at that then, letting a moment of silence pass by before he added, “Incidentally, I also found transactions for a bank account on Terrin’s computer; a bank account registered in Darra’s name that could only be opened—ever—by you, him, or Darra. The dates of the deposits indicate it had been set up and built up during the time we were on Sullust; from the looks of it, every credit he earned during that time-span was placed into that account and hasn’t been touched since. I’m supposing he was waiting to tell you about it after Darra was born, and didn’t think of it with all of us back in Prinn’chatka and totally provided for. It’s just something to keep in mind, since I fully intend to do everything possible to get Darra back to you...

...and thought you’d like to know she has three million credits to her name.”

[ 04-20-2003 08:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Galen

posted 04-21-2003 09:24 PM    
Three.

Million.

Credits.

Three kriffing million credits.

I don't know why this hit me so hard. After all, as the widow of her adopted father, I was probably worth lightyears more than that myself. I guess it just was that I had never really thought of myself in that regard; I mean, to think "I own a super star destroyer" is one level of magnitude bordering on the thin edge of incomprehensibility....

But this.

I gaped. There was simply no other explanation for the stupid look which crossed my face, knocking thoughts of Loban completely from my head and replacing them with an even stronger resolve.

I would get Darra back if I had to take on the Sith and the Empire and any other dog-slime who had the misfortune to cross paths with me, and with my bare hands if need be.

I jerked upright, my mouth still hanging open. Finally realizing that I looked something like an opee out of water, I closed it, but the surprise never completely left my eyes. I just pinned a look at Jasyn, who was sitting there with an indescribable look of his own shadowing eyes which mirrored mine.

Then that vehement pledge came back to me... and the thought of the Empire brought information anew wafting to the forefront of my thoughts. Now I reached out a hand and clutched Jasyn.

"You have to get into EE's computers, Jasyn," I began urgently. "I, well... suffice it to say that I stumbled across some information which I uploaded and encrypted. Here's the code-break..."

I rattled off a series of numbers which I knew were instantly being committed to memory. When I was certain he had them, I went on, although in a less urgent tone of voice.

"If what I found means what I think it does, then not only is it going to be more difficult to get Darra back then I thought... but...."

I paused, my eyes widening, as the only logical endpoint to the road the galaxy seemed to be suddenly hurtling down came flashing across my inner eye.

War. On a galactic scale. Between factions holding powers and strengths on a scale not yet seen.

I don't really know if I spoke my final thoughts aloud, but I must have done so, for quite suddenly Jasyn was on his feet shooting me an extremely direct look. I merely sat numbly, shaking my head.

Ye gods.

[ 04-21-2003 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-21-2003 09:31 PM    
I opended my eyes and reliazing I had slept for a couple of hours got out of bed and changed. I headed towards Dash's room, becuase i wanted to tell him that I was going to go with Him and Alexis, since I had nothing else to do.

When I got to the door I knocked and waited for him to open it up.

[ 04-21-2003 09:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-21-2003 10:17 PM    
I walked around the ship for what must have been hours... the lights were dimmed to signify the night cycle was in place. I had no idea what time it was. So I kept wandering, wondering what these poor souls did to pull the graveyard shift on a ship this size. Not a whole lot of people around... but I did manage to find one person, a Twi'lek engineer, who was quite talkative. She kept going on about how to build this and that, formulas she was working on... you know, the whole scientific regime. I thought that I should introduce her to DINK. They would get along great.

I finally said good-bye to Sularre Rynnll'tan, who I hoped would become a good friend.

"Well, its late as you know... and I have to get up for the morning cycle. I'll talk to you later. OK Sularre?"

With that I decided to go to bed, I'd check in with GALEN in the morning.

I crept into the, somewhat comfortable, bed in my assigned guest quarters. No sooner had I shut my eyes when I heard a knock on the door.

"It's open, come in."

[ 04-21-2003 10:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-21-2003 10:46 PM    
"Hello Dash." I said as I walked in the room.

I sat on the edge of his bed.

"I hear you are going to Ord Cantell and Alexis is going with you. So I will come too. If it is alright, because I have nothing else to do. Besides I need to teach my sister in the force too."

After i finshed speaking I looked at Dash and noticed he hadn't slept for a while.

"You know I could teach you a jedi techinique for recovering lost sleep." I said as I sat and waited for him to say something.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-21-2003 10:51 PM    
"That would be a nice ability to learn."

"And I wouldn't have left without you." I lied. "The more the merrier. But for now, let's get started on that Sleep Recovery Technique! I'm exhausted."

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-21-2003 11:06 PM    
War. On a galactic scale. Between factions holding powers and strengths on a scale not yet seen...

Galen didn’t have to say anything more than that for Jasyn to have a clue what factions she was implicating, for there weren't that many big and powerful factions in the Galaxy. In fact, there were about two.

The Empire—and the Sith—at war? What did the Empire have that could be so powerful to grant them the slightest ability to fight with the Sith? Not that the Empire was anything to sneeze at these days, but to fight the Sith they’d have to have some sort of grand superweapon or something...

...and whatever it was Galen had stumbled upon information regarding it...

Jasyn’s eyes grew a bit wider, and he got to his feet, looking Galen directly in the eye, trying to shove the persistent little beast in his mind which kept trying to point out that Eagle Enterprises had a connection with the Sith, albeit a connection which was supposedly null and void...

...but should war break out between the two, and sides be called...

"The Blood Oath I had was with Captain Danner, Mr. Lancaster.”

He shoved that little memory as far back in his mind as he could which, at the moment, wasn’t very far. “Come on,” he said, extending a hand to Galen, who was still sitting on the medtable, her eyes wide. “I wanna have a look at those files, then we can decide together—with Aaron probably too—exactly what we are going to do with them...”

[ 04-21-2003 11:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Alexis

posted 04-21-2003 11:10 PM    
Alexis woke up and looked at the clock. It was only 5 minutes since she last looked at it. She couldn't sleep. She got out of bed and decided to go through a jedi exrsise that her brother had taught her, opening herself to the force.

She sat cross-legged on the floor and opened up. At first she got only the people next door, but then she felt her brother and Dash in Dash's room doing something. The she opened her eyes. It felt good feeling everything, she got up and went back to her bed and tried to go back to sleep.

[ 04-21-2003 11:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-21-2003 11:21 PM    
After I finshed showing Dash the technique I sat on the floor and meditated. I felt Alexis reaching out with the force and Dash, who was using the techiniue I had just taught him and then something else, something undescrible.

I opened my eyes and looked at Dash

"I think we should leave soon? I want I don't really like staying here, just something about it I don't like." I said.

[ 04-21-2003 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-21-2003 11:30 PM    
"We will leave after the Evening meal. I have to talk to someone today."

I got out of bed and prepared for the day. I had lots to do!

"I'll catch up with you later Master, I have to go find that engineer from last night."

I ran out of the room and down the hall. I ran by a familliar face. Isn't that the Drunk guy from Sullust??? I thought as I ran on by. The look he shot me was almost one of horror.

[ 04-23-2003 10:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-21-2003 11:36 PM    
I watched as Dash left.

who was this someone? I thought.

I got up and searched with the force and started following him, but I made sure he did't know I was.

I wonder who he is talking about.

[ 04-21-2003 11:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-21-2003 11:45 PM    
Sullare Rynnll'tan walked down the hall leading from the engineering room, muttering furiously to herself about technical problems and the lack of decent light sources available to her. Lost in concentration, she almost didn't notice when Dash ran by her.

"Oi!" she yelled, turning to face Dash as he slowed to a stop. "Do you have a flashlight? Lightsaber? GLowstick?" Her blue Twi'lek face showed signs of increasing panic. "There's some sort of problem in the engine, room, only the lights are out and my flashlight short-circuited," she explained, looking slightly abashed to admit that there was no working light source to be found in her array of tools. "Anything would work..." she added as a last, desperate sort of plea.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-21-2003 11:58 PM    
As I started to turn around the corner I stopped and hid behind the corner. I watched as Dash talked to... A Beautiufl grayish-blue female Twil'lek. Well atleast I tought she was beutiful.
She had just said she needed to have some kind of light source because of problems.

Now is my chance. I thought.

I walkd over and I could tell Dash was surpised to see me.

"My lighsaber can help you. By the way my name is Jebbua Dahutt. But you can just call me Jebbua." I said.

Well that wasn't a bad start. I thought.

[ 04-22-2003 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-23-2003 11:03 AM    
"Oh, I was just looking for you! I was wondering if you might want to meet a little friend of mine. You two would get along great. The only problem is that he is on SULLUST. You interested in coming along? I have an in with the ships captain, I could arrange for you to get some shore leave."

I could sense Master JEBBUA had some sort of crush on this fairly attractive Twi'lek. Hmm... must be the blue skin tone.

"By the way... what happened in engineering that would cause all the lights to go off?" I saked as Master Jebbua and I followed SULARRE off to the engineering deck.

Galen

posted 04-23-2003 11:04 AM    
I nodded in reply, and let Jasyn take my hand and help me down from where I had been laying. I couldn't help the little grimace which crossed my face; I was stiff and my shoulder still a touch on the sore side. But it was that kind of stiffness and soreness I knew would be alleviated with movement and exercise; rolling my shoulder a bit I nodded again.

"Let's go then," I said briefly. "And be prepared for a... a surprise."

With that I let Jasyn lead the way from the entire medical center of this part of the gigantic ship, pushing deep into the abyss of repression the thought of who else I was leaving there behind me. For as much as it hurt, I realized that now was not the time to give myself into full mourning. There would be time for that later-- at least I hoped there would be.

Now was the time to appraise the cards in our hand, and to determine what there was to do, if anything at all, especially when it came to retrieving my sweet little daughter. Nothing was going to stand in my way when it came to that, nothing at all.

Neither Sith nor unknown powers nor the ravening hordes of Hell itself....

I hurried along at Jasyn's side, pushing my abused body to keep up the pace he had set, which was considerable.

[ 04-23-2003 11:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

K'kihl

posted 04-23-2003 11:23 AM    
The Verpine clicked his insectile mandibles in annoyance. He wasn't quite certain as to the capabilities of this new engineer they had recently picked up... especially since she had no sooner arrived at her station when something blew and all hell had broken loose.

He shook his head, aware of the running and hollering going on all about him, and then calmly reached into his tool kit for his favorite hydrospanner.

Good indeed was it, a hydrospanner again to have, he mused as he put the ruckus from his head and quietly began to work.

Matt Stanza

posted 04-23-2003 11:30 AM    
An indeterminable amount of time passed between Matt and the ex-bounty hunter. Matt's green eyes pinned on the other man's as he waited for a response. The only thing that broke that gaze was the beeping of his comm, which he glanced down at long enough to establish that he was needed in the main engineering room of the ship...

something about all the lights being off...

He looked up to Rathal once more, then finally said vaguely, "Think about it." Then, "You are dismissed, I have other matters to attend to."

Without so much as waiting for Rathal to reply then, Matt ushered him out of his office, then after grabbing a glow-light in his desk left the office himself and began to make his way through the corridors of the Hornett til at length he made is way to the engineering deck. When he stepped inside, he was greeted to the expected darkness, and sounds of voices. One voice floated over all the rest, and grabbed his attention.

"What happened in engineering that all the lights would go off?"

Matt shined his glow-light in the direction of that voice to see two males...

...who incidentally did not appear to be EE personnel...

..and a young-looking engineer, one he recognized as a recent hiree.

This didn't look good. A newbie, with a couple of unpermitted persons in the main engineering room...

...which had all of its lights out.

"Yes, that I'd like to know," Matt said calmly, his green eyes meeting those of the blue-skinned woman, "What did happen to cause all the lights to go out here?" Then he eyed the two non-EE people, "And who are you and why are you in engineering?"

He paused for a moment at that, now flicking it about the bustling engineering room. "Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this, by the way?"

Returning his gaze to the threesome then, Matt reiterated, "I'm waiting for some names, and some explanations..."

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-23-2003 11:36 AM    
No one was saying anything.... so I stepped up to the plate.

"It's my fault sir. I'm Dash Kelderon, friend of GALEN DANNER. I came here looking for SALURRE, I need to ask her something. And when I entered I startled her, her hand slipped and a power line was sliced by her lazer cutter. Then Master JEBBUA here came to see what all the commotion was about. I am the one responsible for this. And I am ready to face teh consequences of my actions."

K'kihl

posted 04-23-2003 11:50 AM    
Not recognized much, it is, that Verpine acute hearing we have. Maintaining work in touch of hand, seeing err here and wrong there am I...

...and hearing wrong as well.

"Not quite correct, statement of that would be," K'kihl said loudly yet calmly, never turning his head toward the spot where he clearly heard Matt and Dash exchanging words in the corridor without. He merely exchanged his hydrospanner for another, and continued working in the dark.

Matt Stanza

posted 04-23-2003 11:53 AM    
Matt shined his glow-light in Dash's direction, his perceptive green eyes all the while regarding him as his perceptive ears picked up on the Verpine's words. He nodded once in agreement. "You know, you're a rotten liar. Takes more than a slip of the hand for every light in engineering to go off."

Looking once more to the newbie engineer, he then continued with, "Socializing on the job? I'm still waiting for what happened here...

...and let's try the truth this time, shall we?"

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-23-2003 07:59 PM    
Sullare shot a look at Dash that seemed to be begging him to be quiet, although she figured it was a bit late for that now.

"Well," she began, suddenly getting the feeling that this was not going to turn out to be one of her better days, "I actually have no idea what happened to the lights," she finished lamely. "Honestly. I was just doing a routine check of the systems when I saw a malfunction here. I came over to check it out, but since all the lights were off, I couldn't do anything... There weren't any flashlights or glowsticks in the storage area or anywhere else, so I was about to find someone to tell when I ran into Dash here..." She paused to nod toward Dash, then continued, "So I was just asking him if he had a light or anything when Jebbua--"she nodded in turn to Jebbua"--came and offered to use his lightsaber for light." She paused as if wondering if there was anything else that needed explination. "So...I was just coming here for a look at the engine room, and they were with me so that I'd be able to see," she finished, feeling slightly less idiotic than she had previously--but not much.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-23-2003 08:50 PM    
Kriffing hell...

Jasyn stared wide-eyed at the computer screen in front of him, his jaw somewhere on the computer desk by the keypad.

Whoa baby...

He flipped through a couple more of the files stored in EE's system, still in total disbelief. Everything about the reborn--their strengths, their weaknesses, how they were "created"...

...and the very coordinates to the Valley of the Jedi. Jasyn didn't know much concerning that except what he was reading from the files, but that was enough for him to know that he didn't want any ole' Joe to know about it...

...and certainly not a few particular Joes. It was only with the greatest effort that he finally wrenched his brown eyes from the computer screen to look over at Galen, who was seated in a chair across from the desk.

"I ummm..." he started, pausing to clear his throat, "I think we better take this to Aaron, ASAP."

He paused at that, once again returning his gaze to the computer screen and flipping through the files once more. "We know the Empire has these coordinates, and are probably watching the place like hawks. But should this information fall into any... other hands..."

He trailed, his brown eyes defocusing. With effort, he refocused his gaze and continued. "I'm not sure what we should do with the information itself," Jasyn admitted. "But we just might be able to use it to our advantage in getting to Darra. Maybe the Empire would return your daughter in exchange for the information, but I don't know if that's good enough--I don't trust them to keep their word once the info is back in their hands.

"But just maybe, if we can find a way to smuggle ourselves into Coruscant, we could use the information to help us around the Reborn and to Darra. After all, Force-users tend to rely on their Force-abilities, and there is certainly more than one way to block that..."

[ 04-23-2003 08:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Matt Stanza

posted 04-23-2003 10:48 PM    
Matt frowned, his green eyes regarding the new engineer curiously. "You managed to knock every light off in engineering, and you don't know how?"

He paused, then continued with, "When this is fixed, I will need to discuss this further with you in my office."

Then he shined his glow-light throughout the engineering deck as he queried, "And speaking of fixing this, could someone help this young lady out in ascertaining her error?"

[ 04-23-2003 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-23-2003 10:56 PM    
Sullare almost sputtered, but managed to contain herself. "I'm not the one who knocked out the lights," she muttered, "I just was going to see what was wrong."

By the tone of her voice, it was clear that she was trying hard not to sound bitter and failing excellently.

K'kihl

posted 04-23-2003 11:21 PM    
K'kihl pulled back from the innards of a control panel, sighed, and replaced his hydrospanner carefully into his tool belt. Then he clambered onto his feet, and clattered out to join Matt and company. He held up a chitinous hand in greeting, clicking his mandibles as he approached the little group.

"Cause of outage this young one was not," he began in his chittery voice as he came to a halt directly beside Sularre. He placed a clawed hand upon her shoulder in a brief gesture of comradeship, then let it drop. He then turned his large, shining eyes upon the blue-skinned C'hiss.

"Socializing on duty, she was," he continued smoothly, never moving his expressionless eyes from Dash. "And why the blame to take, this one has attempted, this in wonder am I."

He waited a moment as if the answer to that query would come falling from the very bulkheads directly into his lap; when no one said anything right away, he turned to Matt.

"Finding worn place in main power cable, this I have," he clacked amicably, his flat voice sounding harsh and echoey as it bounced off the metallic walls and flooring of the deck. "This repair can I; total re-thread is necessary; two hours shall it take. But--"

He turned back toward the Twi'lek.

"Discipline for avoiding duties, I cannot. That is all, unless more it is anyone desires."

With that he fell silent, waiting a moment, every instant of those moments a seeming agony as his beloved engine room called seductively and persistently from behind....

[ 04-23-2003 11:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-24-2003 06:56 PM    
I wasn't sure why I tried to take the RAP... maybe I was just trying to do some good in the universe?!? Maybe it was the strange kinship I felt with SULARRE. It wasn't a feeling of lust or attraction, it just felt like I had known her for years and wanted to protect her.

"I didn't want SULARRE to get into any trouble at my expense. I did come in here unauthorized, and I didn't want her to suffer for my actions." I stood tall and proud. "I appologize for the mis-truth I have just spoken bout the incident."
There... now SULARRE won't get into any trouble.

"Now, if you will pardon me, I have to go talk to another individual. Don't worry, she is not part of the crew. I'll come by when you are off duty SULARRE. I'd still like to talk to you some more."

I departed the scene, and went searching for ALEXIS. I really needed to talk to her!

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-24-2003 09:07 PM    
I stood there and watched the whole scene.

"I guess I'll see you later too Sularre. It was nice meeting you." I said.

I left and followed Dash to Alexis room. I could tell thats were he was going because he already pasted his room. As I walked to her room with him I thought about Sularre. She looked so beautiful, and yet she didn't even do anything, but may still get in trouble.

People these days. I thought.

[ 04-24-2003 09:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Galen

posted 04-25-2003 10:49 AM    
My teeth made a slight grinding noise as I clenched my jaws reflexively to Jasyn's final comment. For a moment I remained silent, tensing up inside as the best method I knew of to block the Force came flashing into my head.

After all, I'd flown around in one for years....

Then I shook myself, and nodded in general. Whether this information I had stumbled upon would be something we could personally use was merely the icing on the cake, so to speak. But that we had managed to take it before anyone else had become aware of it -- at least I hoped before anyone else had; well, that was of prime importance.

It was bad enough the Empire had its hordes of Reborn posted about the galaxy. Picture what would happen if that number were doubled or more... and by people trying to fight the Empire, all in turn blithely unaware of the growing threat that only a very few peeps even knew existed, and one against with this power the Empire held just might not yet be enough....

"Yeah," I finally said, turning my vision outward and into Jasyn's brown eyes again. "I think we'd better get to Aaron with this, too."

I stood up at that. "Do you know where he is?"

Matt Stanza

posted 04-25-2003 09:30 PM    
Matt frowned as the two "jedi" departed the engine room, then at length returned his gaze to the Verpine and the Twi'lek. He nodded amicably to the Verpine. "If you could get her re-threaded K'kihl, I'd really appreciate it." Then he turned and cast a green-eyed gaze in Sularre's direction. "And you are going to recieve warning and dock in pay for the day as a consequence for your socializing. Granted, you may not have been the one to cause the problem now, but this is the main engine room, and we don't have any room for error, and chatting on the job will certainly lead to that. It was your decision to make conversation with Mr. Kelderon on the job, and you must take responsibility for it."

At that Matt paused a moment, pursing his lips thoughtfully as he considered something. "Perhaps you need something more to occupy your time during work hours," he commented then. "Report to my office when your shift is over. I'd like to hear a little more about your skills...

...and just how we might be able to further use them."

With nothing more than that then, Matt nodded politely once more to K'khil, mouthing a preemptive "thank you" in his direction as he handed his glow-light to the Verpine. "Looks like you might be able to use this," he commented then. "Just give me a little light so I can make my way out of here and back to my office..."

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-25-2003 09:47 PM    
Jasyn merely nodded, getting to his feet. "I'm sure he's in his office, though I could be wrong."

He paused then, pursing his lips and considering. "I'd better give him a comm..."

Then, reaching for his wristcomm, Jasyn did just that. "Aaron, buddy, I've got something here concerning the Empire's "troops" that you'll really want to take a look at; something Galen has stumbled upon. We need to get together and discuss this, and soon. Are you available, and if not, when?"

Jasyn paused then, leaving the channel open as he waited for a response. In only a few moments the reply came across the way. "I'm in my office," it said. "Bring whatever it is you have."

Nodding then, Jasyn headed for the door to his office, waiting for Galen to join him there before proceeding to the corridors of the Hornett and winding through them til at length he made his way to Aaron's office door. He knocked but once before it slid obligingly open, and without preamble Jasyn stepped inside, Galen right behind him.

Aaron turned from his computer to quirk a curious brow in their direction. "What's up?" he queried then.

"We've got some computer files you will want to look at," Jasyn said, then nodding towards Aaron's computer.

"Go right ahead," the other man replied, moving out of the way long enough for Jasyn to call up the files in EE's system before he stepped back so Aaron could have a look.

As Aaron flipped through the files himself, his eyes grew wide. "Holy sithspit..." he muttered, looking up towards Jasyn and Galen, clearly at a loss for words.

"We were thinking perhaps we could use this information to get past the Reborn gaurds and to JhinDarra...

...but that requires us to have a means to block the Force after smuggling ourselves into Coruscant. I still have some of my ysalamiri...

...that should cover the Force-blocking issue...but smuggling ourselves into Coruscant might take some work. We still have a host of Krenoff's access codes in Terrin's computer files...

...but there's no garantee that they are still acceptable. I want something a bit more sure fire...

...got anything in mind?"

[ 04-25-2003 09:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-25-2003 10:08 PM    
"So how do you know her?" I asked Dash as we walked down the hallway.

"All I can say is that she is cute, but don't tell her I said that."

When we got too Alexis door I stopped Dash from knocking.

"Before you knock answer my question first."

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-25-2003 11:37 PM    
Sullare nodded respectfully in Matt's general direction and turned to head back to her computers. I guess I shouldn't have been talking to them while on duty, she scolded herself. Still, I did need a light... Ah, well, extra work isn't too bad, she decided.

As she entered the computer room, a glance at her watch informed her that she had approximately 2 standard hours of shift left. She sighed and sat down at her computer, beginning her routine system scans once again.

K'kihl

posted 04-26-2003 12:01 AM    
K'kihl took the offerred glowstick and held it awkwardly in his pincers. With his keen eyesight and supernal ability to work by feel alone, the fact that the engine room was in darkness didn't faze him one bit. He needed the glowstick like a rancor needs a mother; he blinked toward Matt, and then nodded in respect. When he raised his head it was to send a long look into his employer's eyes.

"Watch over the young one, for you will I," he chittered at length.

Then without so much as waiting for a reply he turned, pocketing the glowstick in amidst his graduated set of hydrospanners, and headed back to the engine room. There he went to the computer station which served as the Twi'lek's post; he came up beside her and for a moment simply stood there in awkward silence. Finally he took the glowstick from his tool belt, and poked it at her.

"For you this is, to hold you may, if in assistance to me you would be," he offerred, then fell into expectant silence.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-26-2003 12:13 AM    
Sullare looked up, startled, then accepted the glowstick. "Thank you..." she said slowly, rising from her seat. "How can I help you?" she asked as she entered a command putting her computer on standby. She had to make a conscious effort not to stutter as she spoke--the encounter a few minutes ago had clearly made her unusually nervous.

K'kihl

posted 04-26-2003 01:13 AM    
K'kihl would have smiled if he could. However the facial structure of Verpines precludes this more "mammalian" response; instead he uttered a series of low clacks, the equivalent of a slight grin. He nodded toward the main engine room.

"Main power cable, rethreading is needing. Someone to... the glowstick hold, and otherwise assist I am needing. Returning of power, that too in tandem is doing...."

Now he leaned in close, almost conspiratorially.

"Others here there are, efficient rethreaders they are not, I am thinking...."

He trailed off then into another light series of clacks.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-26-2003 04:08 PM    
I looked at JEBBUA. "I don't. I just met her last night while I was wandering around the ship. It was weird, I felt like we had been friends for years. I hope she can come with us to ORB CARTELL."

I knocked on ALEXIS's door. "Alexis, you there? It's me Dash. Your brother is with me as well. you wanna go grab a bite to eat with me, or something?"

Matt Stanza

posted 04-26-2003 09:22 PM    
Once Matt returned to his office, he leaned back thoughtfully in his seat, considering what had just happened. He frowned a bit to himself then, recalling that the Kelderon fellow had said they were friends of Galen. Obviously these peeps had been given guest suites...

...but that didn't mean they should be parading about a damn SSD. Not to mention the fact the ship was absolutely monstorous, there were also just some places that some people shouldn't go.

And engine rooms where one of those places.

Matt placed his hand under his chin for a moment, then reached for his keypad, calling up a mapping of all the quarters and guest suites onboard the Hornett, scanning through them to then see which ones were occupied by whom. At length Matt finally came across a listing for some guests of Galen Danner. Nodding to himself then, he reached for his comm-link, and notified the security in that area. "This is Matt Stanza requesting that the occupants of guest suites R 551, 553, and 555 are all restricted to their quarters til further notice."

The line crackled silent for a moment, and then a security officer replied. "Yes sir."

In the hallway of Red Level...

The security officer, after placing his commlink back on his belt and motioning his 4-man squad to follow him, took a short walk down the corridors towards the specified rooms. As he approached, the words of one of the two men standing at the entrance to one of the three rooms wafted into his ears.

"Alexis, you there? It's me Dash. Your brother is with me as well. you wanna go grab a bite to eat with me, or something?"

The security officer cleared his voice so as to gain the man's attention, his look stern. "I'm sorry sir, but all occupants of rooms R551, 553, and 555 have been restricted to their quarters. You will find adequate nourishment in your suites' kitchenette til such time as your... hostess can meet with you once again."

Then the security officer fell silent, not budging an inch...

...and clearly not intending to as his squad stayed on the alert behind him.

Aaron Barnes

posted 04-26-2003 09:37 PM    
Aaron frowned thoughtfully at Jasyn's question, sitting back in his seat a bit as he considered. "Well, the logical answer is that you fish out some fake identifications for yourself via Stargazer Corporation. I suppose you could literally smuggle yourself in to Coruscant, but perhaps you could simply worm your way in and attract far less attention. Come in as a commoner looking for a new place to hang, a drunk with nowhere else to go...

...something inconspicous. As for the ysalamiri...yes, that would work. But the second they are unable to sense you, those reborn will be searchng you up and down to figure out exactly why, so maybe that's not the best approach. I still suggest something very common, something very inconspicuous.

"And as for what to do with the Valley of the Jedi...I think we'd better sit on it a bit while we consider. Attacking the place will only draw further attention to it...

...so maybe we're gonna have to consider some stealth on that as well..." He trailed a moment, his eyes defocusing a bit. Then they snapped alert once more. "But first things first," he commented, looking over to Galen, "You and Jasyn need to get into Stargazer Corporations identity files and set yourself up so you can sneak on into Coruscant...

...unless, of course, you might have a better idea..."

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-26-2003 10:14 PM    
Sullare nodded and headed toward the main engine room with K'kihl. As she walked in silence, she was suddenly struck with a thought. "Umm," she started hesitantly, "Do you think Dash and Jebbua will get in trouble for being in the engine room?" she asked. Concern showed clearly on her face as she added, "I hope they don't... It was my fault for asking them for help with the light thing." She looked expectantly toward K'kihl, waiting for his response.

[ 04-26-2003 10:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sularre Rynnll'tan ]

K'kihl

posted 04-26-2003 10:29 PM    
K'kihl came to a stop in mid-stride. He turned his large, shining eyes down upon Sularre and for a long moment stood in utter silence, his mandibles working a bit. At length--

"Such words, inappropriate are, in duty hours," he admonished lightly, refraining from going so far as to actually shake an appendage in her face. Somehow, although his face was absolutely expressionless -- indeed, incapable of showing a lick of such -- he somehow fairly oozed forth the impression that he was scowling blackly.

"On ship, thoughts should be. On duty, thoughts should be. Mind on your task, is where it should be... on wandering strangers not."

He paused dramatically, then turned and kept walking. And just as he approached the door to the dark and noisy engine room, his clackery voice came one more time into Sularre's ears:

"Indeed, trouble plenty, the two are in. Banished from the ship, will be. Spaced more than likely."

He then strode into the engine room, not so much as a chittery clack escaping him as he headed for the main power line transfer pod and proceeded to open it up.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-26-2003 10:45 PM    
Sullare stopped in her tracks for a moment while K'kihl opened up the transfer pod. Banished from the ship? she thought in horror. That was harsh punishment just for--

With an effort, she pushed thoughts of Dash and Jebbua out of her mind as she began walking at a quicker pace to catch up to K'kihl. Finding nothing else to say, she kept her head down and remained silent.

K'kihl

posted 04-26-2003 11:01 PM    
K'kihl kept every aspect of his being focused on the task at hand, but inwardly he was shaking his head.

How to such a position, one so young did achieve? he thought to himself as he carefully set the transformer pod's cover gently off to one side. He then reached into the opening he had created, seeking the emergency power circuit breaker.

Incorrect procedures create very dead Verpines, he mused as he came in contact with the sought-after switch. Although there wasn't any indication around him that a circuit had indeed been broken, he seemed to sigh in relief.

Unusual power outages unusual power reinstatements can often be!

This he remembered with a vengeance from one of the myriad tales his lineman grandsire had spoken to him and his broodmates. How well he recalled his grandsires decrepit look, the cracked and permanently scorched carapace, the missing appendage, the twisted antenna...

...all because protocol had not been adhered to, assumptions had been made, along with nearly deadly error.

Now K'kihl rocked back a bit, waving to Sularre that she light the interior of the pod. Keeping smugly to himself the fact that he really didn't need this light at all, he kept reaching inward, following the powerline, hunting for the main jacket conduit from whence he could begin stripping procedures....

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-26-2003 11:13 PM    
Sullare stepped forward, shining the light toward the opening at K'kihl's command. She tried to lessen the shaking of her hand by inwardly admiring the work K'kihl was doing.

She glanced briefly at the watch on her spare hand after moving it a bit closer to the light source in her other hand. According to her watch, she still had plenty of time before her shift was over. Still, she couldn't help but worry--for she had little else to do but worry--that she wouldn't finish in time. Of course, K'kihl could always explain, but judging by how no one was too pleased with her after what happened today, she could be certain that even excused tardiness would lead to severe castigation.

K'kihl

posted 04-26-2003 11:22 PM    
K'kihl clacked and clattered to himself as he continued with his work, carefully reaching further and further into the tunnel-like opening until at length he found himself literally up and crawling inside. His sensitive anterior appendages felt their way carefully along the disturbingly snakelike power line which he was following, coming upon capacitors and AC current inducers and set after set of amplifying transistor diodes. He called over his shoulder that Sularre should accompany him as he continued to crawl down the line, seeking the burnout his computer had discovered. Once that was found, the segment could be easily replaced. In fact, he had half a mind in letting the Twi'lek finish the job, once he targeted the burnt area, just to see what kind of stuff she was made of.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-27-2003 05:17 AM    
I felt the presence of 4 men coming towards us. They didn't have any evil intentions toward us, but I could sense that they did not bear good news. I decided to ignore them for the moment. I wanted to talk to ALEXIS. These men would just have to wait. They stood behind us for a moment, then finally one of them confirmed their already known presence behind us, by clearing his throat.

I turned to acknowledge him. He proceeded to tell us that we were confined to our quarters.

"What is the reason for this Quarrantine??? I'll obey your wishes, but could I requset that we all converge in ONE room. At least then we won't have to sit all alone with noone to talk to. Could you COM your supervisor and place my request?"

[ 04-27-2003 05:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Galen

posted 04-27-2003 11:04 AM    
I had been sitting in relative silence, just taking in the ideas Jasyn and Aaron were exchanging. No matter how I looked at it, however, I just couldn't see us "worming" into Coruscant in any way, shape or form.

I leaned forward, injecting myself into the flow of thought, and said as much.

"Remember the earthquake scenario," I said briefly. "I'd bet crdits to andris that the planet is sewed up tighter than a Toydarian's cashbox right about now; if we would plan to come in as simple traders or peasants we'd probably get DNA checked or something, and then that would be traced back five generations just to make certain we were who we said we were."

I fell silent for a moment, pursing my lips as a couple other thoughts crossed my mind.

"You know... there were a couple other Jedi who came here with me; they-- they helped me get Loban off-Sullust...." I trailed for a moment, blinking back rising images; gathering up my self control, I continued.

"Do you think they might be induced into assisting us? Because, no matter how you look at it, the only thing I can think of that blocks the Force on a large scale is that weird power my sister has, and her ships as well, and they're back in the Khar Delban system, and to even come close to getting in there we might need some help, don't you think?

"Assuming we go there to try to, ummm... appropriate a Sith ship, that is."

There. I said it.

I fell silent, waiting to see what kind of reaction would follow.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-27-2003 08:17 PM    
Sullare followed as instructed, carefully keeping the glowstick in a position where it would provide light without getting in the way. As they made their way through the tunnel, she looked around within the small segment of light, wondering what it was that K'kihl was looking for. He had said something about re-threading... That was all she could remember, but she still didn't know what exactly had happened to the ship.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-27-2003 08:30 PM    
Jasyn turned to regard Galen, his expression somewhat wide-eyed as about a million thoughts started streaming through his brain. Among those, the thoughts of his feelings regarding any jedi he'd come upon recently, the risk involved in this particular strategy Galen was presenting...

...and the probability of it leading to another encounter with the Sith.

Shaking himself from these thoughts to focus on the moment, Jasyn had to admit the idea at did make quite alot of good sense. And it wouldn't be the first time they'd gone to the Khar Delban system to appropriate something from the Sith. But...

"Getting our hands on a Sith fighter would strenghten our chances, I'll admit that," Jasyn commented, still quasi-thoughtful. "And we have managed to appropriate things from the Sith before..."

He trailed a moment, images and memories flashing of another day in time when they'd made a trek to Khar Delba to appropriate another something. "...but we've got about 2 million more problems to deal with now, coming in the form of the Sith. We're gonna have to plan our entrance carefully...

...cause I sure as hell would like to get in and out of there as quickly as possible..."

[ 04-27-2003 08:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 04-27-2003 08:51 PM    
The officer stood his ground. "Reasons for restriction to your quarters are on a need-to-know basis, sir. If you have any queries or requests regarding your stay here and your restriction to this area, I can direct you to my boss via comm, for further information."

With that the officer fell silent then, waiting to see just what this visitor to the Hornett might choose to do.

[ 04-27-2003 08:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-27-2003 08:55 PM    
"If you would then please. We would like to make a request to converge into one room, so we can... Discuss our matters and such." I said.

When I finshed speaking Alexis opened the door and looked at the 6 men outside her room.

"Can I help you all?" She said.

[ 04-27-2003 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

K'kihl

posted 04-28-2003 12:07 PM    
K'kihl kept up a steady crawl, appendages leading the way as he kept feeling along the insulating material surrounding the bundled power cable. Behind him, Sularre remained quiet but kept right up with him, holding the glowstick so that the small circle of light it shed never wavered from its relative position from the Verpine.

K'kihl smiled inwardly, nodding to himself as his keen eyes took note of that.

Steady hands, has this one, he thought briefly, then returned his concentration to the task at hand.

At length the tunnel they were crawling through came to stop, intersecting with a large vertical shaft. The bundled power cable dog-legged in two directions, now running up and down one side of the shaft like a pipeline in a diamond mine, hugging one side of the shaft. Across from the cable was a ladder, positioned about fifty centimeters from the opening into the tunnel in which they now were.

The Verpine stuck his head into the shaft, twisted it and peered upward. The ladder ascended into darkness; he knew there were branch-offs to each level of the great super star destroyer. While each branching tributary would not be holding the broken place he was hunting for, it could be anywhere in the main cable itself.

He twisted his head, now straining to see down the vertical shaft. For a moment he remained quiet; then he pulled back into the tunnel. Reaching into his tool belt, he pulled out a small sensing device and aimed it at the power cable. A small screen lit up bright orange, but otherwise remained noninformative.

He sighed.

"To the main power generators, go we must," he announced in his chittery voice. "Then from there every centimeter examine we must, the source of break in cable to find."

The tunnel was a touch confining, so he couldn't turn and look at Sularre to guage her actual reaction to his words. He then merely reached into the shaft, forward appendages yet leading the way, curving his body until his hands came in contact with the waiting ladder. Now he pushed his body forward, "walking" his hands up the ladder until his waist cleared the lip of the tunnel opening; at that point he pulled mightily with his arms, pulling his body entirely out. His lower half swung a few seconds before his feet found a rung.

Then he calmly proceeded to climb down into the darkness below.

Galen

posted 04-29-2003 03:03 PM    
I nodded in return.

"The frontal advance has never worked well with Jharmeen," I said, my thoughts now flashing back to when we were kids on Garos IV. Even then, whenever I wanted to request she do something for me, or wanted to borrow something of hers, just coming out and asking usually resulted in her reverting into the role of the demi-goddess: the act where, "I-have-it-and-I-don't-need-it-but-you-want-it-so-you-won't-get-it" routine. Having her as a sister hadn't been the easiest happenstance in my life, but it did go a long way toward teaching me the art of diplomacy: to get Jharmeen to see things my way I had to persuade her into believing it was her idea to begin with.

However, the circumstances had been clearly altered. If it were just Jharmeen... er, rather, Graysith, as she now went by... I could really see no problem in stroking her ego and thus coaxing her into assisting us. But now there was a matter of the Sith....

The Sith, of which there were now millions in existence, I reminded myself, frowning a little. I turned a cautious look Aaron's way.

"Any ideas?" I asked, and followed with, "I just can't see us sneaking in to Ch'arlingua and grabbing a fighter, even though I do have this to help."

I fell silent, my hand straying to the light bending device on the Sith belt I wore.

[ 04-30-2003 11:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Terrin's Crew

posted 04-29-2003 10:27 PM    
The security officer didn't even cock so much as a brow at Alexis. He merely looked at her and said, "Miss, you have been confined to your quarters, til further notice."

With nothing more than that, the officer then took his commlink from his belt and commed Matt Stanza. "Sir, this is Security on Red Level, block R5. The guests restricted to quarters R551, 3, and 5 are requesting permission to converge into one room to discuss their 'matters'."

At his desk in his office, Matt leaned back as the comm came streaming through, and frowned. Just who were these people, and what matters did they have to discuss? He leaned forward, pressed the send button on his comm unit, then spoke into the speaker. "That request, for the moment, is denied. Please inquire about to the nature of their business aboard the Hornett, because at the moment I see them doing little else than enjoying some free time."

Immediately the security officer looked to the guests he was speaking with. "Your request is being denied. However, my boss would like to know the nature of your business here, if in fact you have any."

Then he quieted, waiting.

[ 04-29-2003 10:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-29-2003 10:37 PM    
I looked from Alexis to the officer.

"We came here with a friend. Her name is Galen and we were planning on discussing our departaure, because we wouldn't want to get in your way, but I see that we have to go to are own rooms, so we'll just have to stay longer." I said as I started to walk off.

I turned my head over my shoulder seeing if my reverse physcologoy had worked.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-29-2003 10:42 PM    
Sullare crawled toward the opening and looked down at the darkness into which the Verpine was climbing. It was more than a bit disconcerting to peer into that immense blackness that refused to reveal its true form, even when Sullare shone her glowstick on it.

As the top of K'kihl's head began to fade away in the blackness, Sullare realized that she was to follow. Not knowing what else to do with the glowstick, she held it in her teeth as she reached forward with both her hands to the ladder. After what seemed an eternity, she felt the cold metal beneath her fingers. Then she scooted closer to the shaft and reached down sideways with one foot until she felt a rung. This she gradually put her weight on, pulling herself upward with her hands, until she could reach the rung with her other foot.

At this moment, she began to realize that putting the glowstick in her mouth may not have been a great idea--or at least would not be if she left it there for long. She cautiously took her left hand off the upper rung and took the glowstick in it. It would make it slightly harder to climb, but she could handle that.

She peeked one last time at the ominous darkness below before quickly proceeding down the ladder after K'kihl.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-30-2003 05:10 AM    
"As I stated before, I will obey your wishes. But I do wish to speak with Galen Danner, when she has a minute." I paused then waiting for a reply. I sensed that I would get none at this tiem so I continued.

"We saved Galen, and hopefully Loban, from certain death at the hands of a bouty hunter of some sort back on Sullust. My ship was left there, as we all boarded Galens Lambada to get off of that cursed planet. Currently I am trying to sort out our situation with my friends here." I pointed to Jebbua and Alexis.

"We don't wish to cause anymore, disturbances, on this massive ship." I looked again to my comrads. "Do as they instruct us to do. I'll handle the situation from here."

"Will we be provided with a com-system between the rooms? And when may I speak with Galen Danner?"

K'kihl

posted 04-30-2003 11:54 AM    
Time stretched before them as indeterminably as did the shaft down which they climbed. The entire universe seemed to shrink into a coccoon of black, into which K'kihl's echoing footsteps rythmically plunged as he continued his steady descent through the belly of the great super star destroyer. He focused his keen senses forward and down, so as not to make a mis-step; indeed such an event would easily be lethal since the primary engine room was located approximately midship on a latitudinal scale; he well knew that there was the proverbial long row to hoe before he and the young Twi'lek would finally place foot upon the decking of the lowest level of Hornett.

On and on they went, down and down. K'kihl kept an ear cocked upward, keeping track of Sularre's progress, and once again smiled inwardly to himself.

Showing strength and fortitude, is this one, he made another mental check upon a slowly growing list of the engineer's attributes. Perhaps a small promotion or recognition would be in order when this task was completed...

Abruptly his foot hit solid, flat durasteel. His other promptly followed, to stand beside it's companion. The visceral sense of being in a circular shaft immediately disappeared to be replaced by one telling him he was in a great and vast chamber of sorts. The very atmosphere seemed to hold a deep bass hum, the very molecules of the air seemed to vibrate in synchronization with that thrumming.

K'kihl nodded to himself and stepped to one side that Sularre had room to step off the ladder. Moving with quick yet solid assurance, he beelined in a particular direction, guiding himself by the varying thrums all about him and coming in between the source of that gut-level sound until his reaching hand hit a wall and triggered a switch.

Red emergency lighting popped on, displaying a great room filled with giant turbines, all churning busily away in the maintenance of the enormous task of keeping the super star destroyer alight. The main power cable they had been following snaked down from the shaft and crept along the deck, branching off toward each turbine to disappear into the deck in front of each one. Beneath the decking lay giant step-up transformers, to change the relatively low voltage put out by the turbines into the larger quantity the ship demanded.

K'kihl knew the breach would not be along an individual line leading from a particular turbine, but somewhere in the main power cable itself. He took a look about himself, then turned to Sularre, taking out his sensor as he spoke.

"And the main power cable, now we check," he chittered as if this would be nothing more than a walk in the park.

"All of it."

He held the sensor out to her, nodding once and pointing back in the direction of the shaft they had just finished crawling out of.

"The breach when you discover it, inform me you will. Nothing more, nothing less."

Terrin's Crew

posted 04-30-2003 08:35 PM    
The security officer looked at Dash quietly, his look unreadable. Then, "You will not be provided with a comm system between rooms unless someone higher up permits that."

He paused for a moment then, his look yet totally inscrutable. "I will communicate to my boss your desire to communicate with Galen Danner. Until then, however, I unfortunately can do little else for you except request that you return to your room and be patient."

With that the officer fell silent, waiting to see just what Kelderon would choose to do.

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-30-2003 08:42 PM    
"Well, Patience has never really been my strong suit. But lets go, at least escort me to my room. And while we walk, would you ask for those comm-links?"

We bagan walking down the hall. Two officers escorted Jebbua, and the Squad leader and another officer went with me.

I waved my hand through the air, using my JEDI powers, "You will take me to see Galen Danner now."

Terrin's Crew

posted 04-30-2003 09:00 PM    
The security officer froze in his tracks, a sort of confusion clouding his eyes for a split second as Kelderon spoke his last words. Fortunately--

--or perhaps unfortunately for Kelderon--

--the Hornett's previous owner demaded to have nothing but the best in the way of crewmembers however, and that included security officers who could be tough and discerning.

The security officer reached for his comm, pressed a comm frequency in and then the send button. "Mr. Stanza, it would seem one of our guests, a Mr. Dash Kelderon, is demanding to see Galen Danner."

The officer fell silent at that, and at his desk a thundercloud exploded in Matt Stanza's eyes. Quietly yet succinctly, he replied, "You may escort Mr. Kelderon to my office...

...immediately."

The officer nodded once and turned his eyes back to Kelderon. "This way, please...

...and I'd suggest you cooperate."

Again the security officer motioned for Kelderon to follow him, all the while using a button on his commlink to call more security to Red Level...

...just in case...

[ 04-30-2003 09:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-30-2003 09:16 PM    
Well, looks like things are starting to go my way! I though, as we rounded a corner, the complete opposite direction of my 'guest' quarters.

"How much farther until we reach our destination? We've been walking forever!"

I could sense somthing was wrong. But I couldn't tell what... I'll just play along for now. This guy is nervous about something.

"Why are you sweating? Do I make you nervous? I have no ill intentions toward you or anyone on this ship. I simply wish to speak with Galen Danner. Now, how much longer until we get to her location?"

Matt Stanza

posted 04-30-2003 09:25 PM    
The security guard merely ignored Kelderon, already aware that his words were meant to trick. In but a few moments they entered a coridor lined on both sides with EE staff offices, and the officer didn't stop til they reached one with a gold name plate, the engraved letters on it reading Matt Stanza, Assistant.

The security officer knocked once, and the door slid smoothly open, revealing a plush office. Leading Kelderon inside, the security officer then nodded to the short green-eyed man now standing behind the desk at the center of the office. With nothing more than that, the officer took a step back, and Matt pursed his lips, regarding Kelderon with his perceptive eyes. "What is this I hear about you demanding things from our staff here, Mr. Kelderon?" Matt questioned then quietly, his look entirely unreadable as he then waited for the reply.

[ 04-30-2003 09:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 04-30-2003 09:37 PM    
"Well Officer Stanza, I simply stated my wish to see Galen Danner. If you interpreted that to be..." I made the Quote signal with my blue hands, "'demanding' then that is something totally beyond my control."

I paused a moment to regain my composure. I hated confrontations. "Now Mr. Stanza, when will I be taken to see Miss Danner? I have issues to discuss with her. And if things go as I expect them to in our discussions... Well, let's just say, there will be a few less JEDI on this ship for you to worry about!"

"Now if we can dispense with the formalities... the quicker I get to see Galen, the better. For everyone."

Matt Stanza

posted 04-30-2003 10:46 PM    
Matt regarded Dash coolly, then flipped a single switch on his comm unit. Although he didn't know precisely where Galen was since she had landed, he was fairly certain that one person in particular just might have that information, since he'd been the one see to the needs of both she and her crew upon landing.

"Hey Jasyn, it's Matt," he started. "There apparently is a Jedi... friend of Galen's by the name of Dash Kelderon here demanding to see her, something about needing to discuss departure. Any ideas on where she is, and if she might even be up to dealing with this right now, cause he's rather insistent about taking care of his needs."

Leaving the comm frequency open then for an incoming reply, Matt simply waited, his green eyes never shifting from the form of Dash Kelderon.

[ 04-30-2003 10:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 04-30-2003 11:14 PM    
Jasyn could tell from the look on Aaron's face that he hadn't a kriffing clue what the Sith belt did. So, in order to allow him to "save face" a bit, Jasyn spoke up, cluing him in. "A light bending device will get us in to the spaceport if we land somewhere remote on K'eel Doba and trek our way there...

...but then they can always sense us with that eerie power they've got. What I wouldn't give for us to have the ZZ'Shzq again..."

Jasyn trailed at that, the mention of the ship triggering other memories. "All the Sith don't have the power Graysith, Roan and that Sith Sorceror guy has, do they...?" he continued, thinking aloud, "Maybe yaslamiri would be good enough to block our presence from them...

...at least long enough to get a ship and get the hell out. I think even Jedi can sense the bubble the ysalamiri create, so if we did that we'd have to move fast."

He paused at that, finally noting then that his commlink was blinking, indicating an urgent incoming message. "Excuse me a moment, something important is coming through via comm," he said then pressing the accept button. With that, Matt's voice came streaming across the frequency, just loud enough for everyone present in the room to hear. When the message ended, Jasyn looked up and quirked a very curious brow in Galen's direction.

These guys had some nerve, coming on a ship with people they barely knew and then demanding things...

[ 04-30-2003 11:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Galen

posted 04-30-2003 11:15 PM    
Dash Kelderon???

Oh, great Khaandon's ghost...!

I lifted a pre-emptory hand, cutting Jasyn off before he could make a reply to the man, and from the look on his face probably cutting off as well some wonderful remark which was meant to fall from Aaron's lips, right in the bud.

I grinned, albeit a bit wanly, for the moment not replying to the plan Jasyn was beginning to put together.

"Just-- just let him in with us," I said, suddenly very tired. "It's ok."

I fell silent then, unconsciously stroking my Sith belt as I wondered if what Dash wanted was to up and leave us.

Here I had been thinking that he could help me....

[ 04-30-2003 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 04-30-2003 11:51 PM    
Sullare couldn't help but feel a sense of relief as her feet finally touched solid ground--a sense that was swept away as quickly as it had come by the sensor being handed to her.

She managed to not show her feeling of panic as she dutifully accepted the sensor and turned her head in the dim light to peer at where K'kihl was pointing, even though she already knew where it had to be.

The shaft.

She sighed internally and paused for a moment to think. It would be best if she started on the deck, and then worked her way toward the shaft. Then, at least, she wouldn't have to risk climbing up and down the shaft twice needlessly.

She followed the main cable with her eyes until she saw the first branching point. That would make a good starting point, she decided. She knelt on one knee at the spot, holding glowstick and sensor side by side in front of her. Even with the emergency lights on, it was difficult to locate the buttons on the sensor without the help of the glowstick.

Peering more closely at the sensor, she found a small switch which she moved from the off position to the on position. A small screen lit up, making it almost easy for her eyes to see in the painfully dim light. Now there was only one button left to push--the conspicuously large red button in the center of the sensor.

She pushed it.

Nothing happened for a long moment. Then, a beep, accompanied by a short list of statistics appearing on the viewscreen. These she quickly scanned over, and, not seeing anything unusual about them, stood up and took several steps toward the shaft.

As far as she could remember, these sorts of sensors had radiuses of about 1 meter. Once she was approximately twice that distance from her previous focal point, she stopped. There was no real need to get closer to the cable, considering the 1 meter radius, so she remained standing as she pushed the button a second time. Still nothing out of the ordinary in the statistics.

Now that she thought about it, she remembered that she really didn't know what it was she was looking for, anyhow. But if K'kihl told her to use this sensor for the job, then whatever was wrong must be detectable with it.

She continued in this pattern for several minutes--taking several steps along the cable, activating the sensor, checking the readings--until at last she had reached the shaft. Reluctantly, she climbed up several rungs of the ladder and continued scanning the cable.

It was on the second scan she did since re-entering the shaft that she noticed something unusual. The voltage level at this height was decidedly higher than that down lower--about 50% so. Sullare frowned, wondering if this was the breach K'kihl had spoken of. It wasn't what she had been expecting to see, but it was different... She lowered herself 4 rungs and scanned again.
Odd... she spoke mentally. The volatage was still higher than it had been before. As she stood pondering this, she noticed a small mechanism on the side of the component that she immediately recognized--something with which to vary the scanned area. She used this to decrease the range of the sensor to about 15 cm, then pushed the button once again. It was back to being low again.

The corners of her mouth still drawn into a concentrating frown, she moved the sensor up and down the area of cable in front of her, pushing the button until she found...

She blinked. That was different. At one spot, the voltage suddenly dropped dramatically. This had to be it... or at least something of interest.

Her mind had made a conscious decision to alert K'kihl of the spot, yet her mouth had not yet moved. Finally she managed a weak cough, which loosened her vocal cords enough to get a few words out. "Er, I think I may have found something..." she called out into the dim light.

K'kihl

posted 05-01-2003 11:18 AM    
Verpine are particularly suited for climbing, and in moments K'kihl was upon the ladder and standing next to Sularre. The Twi'lek shifted a bit in the confined position she was in, moving to one side that K'kihl could get close enough to see the readout of the sensor she was holding.

K'kihl nodded as he took the device from her hand.

"Indeed, potential differential there is, a drop where not there should be," he muttered thoughtfully as he stared at the orange screen. Although the instrument wasn't truly picking up the change in the actual current itself, since K'kihl had long ago thrown the main circuit breaker, it had the capability of showing electron flux thermal "ghosts." This was enough to show where any breaks or other disruptions could be in the power flow of the cable. "Something here there is, indeed."

Abruptly he slid the sensor into his tool belt and withdrew another glowstick, broke the seal to ignite it. This one was a more powerful magnesium based one, it flooded the shaft with its actinic light, making Sularre squint in spite of herself. K'kihl merely held it more closely to the power cable, and began minutely studying it's apparently unmarred surface.

Then he saw it. Small, insidious, and entirely out of place it was: a box no larger than the stock of a standard Imperial blaster, wedged away within a place somehow hollowed out of the very shaft. It's smooth metallic surface mimicked nearly exactly that of the wall into which it was snugged; K'kihl would have frowned if he could as he reached out a questing appendage and tried to yank it from it's resting place.

It remained stubbornly adhered; turning back to Sularre, he handed her his glowstick so as to free up his hands. Then he removed a 24-mm hydrospanner from his belt and set to work. After more effort than the seemingly simple task should have required he managed to loosen the strange little box. It came away from its hidden hollow... until stopped by the cabling which ran from its backside and into the wall, as well as by the suddenly exposed shorter and more tightly wound wire which connected it to the main power cable itself.

Now K'kihl was clacking his mandibles audibly. He dropped the box, letting it dangle, and waved his hand for the glowstick. Sularre slapped it back into his demanding appendage, whereupon he immediately held it to the hole into which the cable disappeared.

It went on beyond the limits of the light he held.

K'kihl drew back thoughtfully, glanced at the box. Obviously it was a resistor of sorts, piggy-backed to the main power cable to draw current off along its trailing cable. He held his glowstick steadily, then turned his shining eyes back into those of the Twi'lek. They glittered reflectively in the brilliance of the white light he was holding.

"What think you of this?" he asked at length.

[ 05-01-2003 11:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-01-2003 06:17 PM    
It was only with the greatest effort that Jasyn bridled his tongue enough not to utter his favorite phrase of all time.

We don't need no stinkin' Jedi, he thought instead, his face probably reflecting his feelings more than he would like. Regardless of that, however, he drew his wristcomm closer to his lips after pressing the reply button.

"Galen's with me here, in Aaron's office. She says to send Kelderon over."

Then he lowered his arm, still scowling slightly...

...and not at all thrilled with the prospect of meeting this guy, if he was anything like Galen's other Jedi "friend"...

[ 05-01-2003 08:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Matt Stanza

posted 05-01-2003 08:44 PM    
After hearing Jasyn's reply, Matt regarded Dash with his perceptive green eyes once more. "Well, I guess you got what you wanted."

He fell silent for a moment at that, and then came from behind his desk, motioning for the security guard to step to the center of the office with he and Kelderon. "I will accompany you as well," he said to Dash, "I need to discuss the engineering situation with my cohorts."

He looked then to the security officer, "And you may return to your post. Thank you for dealing with this... situation efficiently."

The security officer saluted in respect, then backed out of the office, leaving Kelderon and Matt alone. Matt stepped towards the door himself, looking over his shoulder to Dash. "Follow me," he said, "Aaron's office is right down the hall."

With nothing futher than that, Matt then stepped out of his office, waiting for Kelderon to step out as well before securing the door and beginning to walk purposefully down the hallway.

He wondered what Aaron and Jasyn and Galen were discussing...

[ 05-01-2003 08:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-01-2003 08:58 PM    
Sularre held onto one of the ladder's rungs a shade tighter than was really necessary as she leaned in for a closer look at the device.

"Well," she began, not having the slightest idea what she was intending to say until the words were forming on her lips, "since the voltage level drops at this point, that box must be diverting some of the energy away from the systems the main cable leads to. Maybe it's malfunctioning or something, and drawing too much energy away," she suggested, searching the Verpine's face for any indication of whether or not she was anywhere near the truth.

She was unable to determine his reaction. Well, if I can't look like I know something, I can at least look like I'm willing to find out, she thought. "Where does that cable lead to?" she asked, pointing to the wiring running from the small device to the wall.

K'kihl

posted 05-02-2003 12:52 AM    
Although K'kihl's expression remained impassive, the thoughts running through his head were scarcely that. He clacked his mandibles again, clearly disappointed in Sularre's reply... so disappointed, in fact, as to actually shake his head. He indicated the mysterious box with a wave of one hand.

"Unknown to this one, is the destination of that cable," he chittered in a tone that revealed how his estimations of Sularre's capabilities had just dropped a couple notches. "Belong here in this place that resistor does not."

He fell silent then, turning to the resistor and staring thoughtfully at it for a long moment. Then, the movements swift and sure, he removed a cutting tool from his belt and separated the box from the wire and cable which held it. He handed the box to Sularre, then turned back and quickly tied off the end of the dangling cable.

Then he retrieved the box from the Twi'lek and tucked it away in his tool belt.

"A mystery this is," he said as he began climbing back up the ladder. "Unknown it is, why power bleed some unknown being would perpetrate. Either to take for something, or from something to take."

He quieted then, concentrating only on scaling the ladder as fast and as surely as he could, that he could get this unsettling information to Aaron Barnes as quickly as possible.

[ 05-02-2003 12:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-02-2003 06:14 AM    
Finally! I just hope this in't another RUSE. Maybe he'll lead me straight to the detention centre this time. I better keep on my guard.

I reached out with the force anbd sensed GALEN's AURA in the next room. Officer Stanza was kind enough to open the door for me, I stepped in.

"GALEN! I'm so glad to finally see you!" I ran to her and gave her a big hug. "I'm sorry I didn't come to the Med-centre with you and LOBAN. I thought you might want some space."

I then surveyed the office I was in.

"You!" I pointed to Jasyn Lancaster, "I recognize you! You were on Sullust about a month ago. You were felling a little...under the weather."

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-03-2003 01:20 PM    
Judging from the scowl Jasyn gave in response to Dash's statement, Aaron figured he'd better step in and say something first.

He cleared his throat, as though announcing his presence. "Some of us have dealt with the bad things that have happened in the past few months differently than others," he started out, eyeing Jasyn, who was still scowling. "And I'm Captain Aaron Barnes, by the way."

At that he fell silent for a moment, just long enough for Jasyn to blat forth, "Your buddy Jebbua Dahutt sure managed to get down to the medcenter, not that he did anything. I thought healing people was what..."

Aaron cut Jasyn off with a cautious look rather than a stern one. Then he turned back to Dash. "I was under the impression you had a request to make...?"

[ 05-03-2003 01:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-03-2003 05:29 PM    
"It's a pleasure to meet you Captain. I do have a request to make, but I feel I should clarify a few things here first." I cleared my throat, and looked JASYN directly in the eyes.

"To finish off your statement... You thought that JEDI have powers to heal injuries?!? Well some do... Unfortuantly for all of us, I do not have those powers. With my past, it's a wonder there is any good in me at all, let alone the power to heal others! But that is a different story." I trailed off.

"It is true that much attention was paid to LOBAN's condition during our flight here... but it was not me doing the healing. I meerly served as a BOOSTER for the true healer." I looked then to GALEN. "Yes, it was you who did all the healing in LOBAN, I simply assisted you by retarding the spreading of the poison, throughout LOBAN's body."

I could sense the uneasyness in the spacious office. Something was bothering Galen and Jasyn. And it wan't me!!! True, I had caused enough trouble by being in Engineering. But for the moment, I was actually a reprive from the turmoil.

I looked back to Captain Barnes, "I did have a request. I wished to gain transportation back to Sullust, but I think I am going to withdraw my request. I have a feeling I may be needed here!" I looked a GALEN knowingly.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-05-2003 09:57 PM    
Sullare remained silent as she followed K'kihl up the ladder. She had the impression that he had been less than impressed with her reasoning abilities, which she considered to be fair judgement--she hadn't had a clue what the thing was. After all, she had barely a few months of actual practice on a ship of any kind; before then, she had been in school.

She shrugged mentally to herself as she neared the portion of the ladder at which she had first gotten on. She would puzzle the resistor out when she had some time to think. Right now, she should just focus on not getting herself killed by falling off before she reached the top of the ladder.

K'kihl

posted 05-07-2003 11:20 AM    
Other than an occasional papery-rustling sound, the Verpine equivalent of muttering to oneself, K'kihl spoke no word but swarmed up the ladder with graceful and efficient speed. The moment he reached the top he paused, turning to offer the following Sularre an assisting appendage to ease the difficult transition from the shaft and back into the power tributary tunnel. Once she was on her feet beside him, he began to turn to lead the way; suddenly he paused, and cocked his head in thought.

"Not everything can one learn, a ship so great in size," he finally asserted, his face showing absolutely no expression but his tone becoming a touch thoughtful. "Perhaps more schooling, to learn specifics of area, something to consider is."

With that he turned away, but only after delivering a quiet nod to the Twi'lek. Then he seemed to have forgotten her altogether by the pace he set; the information he carried was of the utmost importance, and he had to get to the powers that be, but fast.

He came to the end of the tunnel and clambered out onto the deck near Engineering 47-A. This time he didn't even wait to see if Sularre was following him; without even taking a moment's pause he headed off to the nearest lift, and from there gained the level upon which Aaron Barnes maintained his ready room. It was only as the lift was coming to a halt that he realized he hadn't even sent a communique; clacking his mandibles at himself for his oversight, he hit the systems switch inside the liftcar, and with no preamble announced his immediate arrival at Captain Barne's ready room.

The door to the room whooshed open as he came upon it, allowing him entry. He came to a forced halt, a touch surprised by the unexpected appearance of so many others who stood there before Barnes. But what he had to announce was of major priority, and he took the gamble that as there was but one of the group who was not at least a department head of some sort, he could speak freely.

He took another small step forward, now raising the resistor high. It's cables dangled from his hand like immobile serpents.

"Power bleed to cause outage in Engineering 47-A, this has been ascertained," he clattered, waving the box. "Unknown it is as to who or why; known is the what."

He waved the box again and fell silent, his message dutifully delivered.

Galen

posted 05-07-2003 04:13 PM    
To say I was taken a bit aback by Dash's about-face was something of an understatement. But even as surprised as I was, I was not so stupid as to let former beliefs and feelings get in the way of what appeared to be a goodwill offering on his part.

Maybe I have misjudged him, I thought to myself, arching my brows meaningfully at Jasyn, who was glowering like a Sullustan volcano. After all, he is a C'hiss; admittedly I don't know much about the race...

...other than the damned pheromones they radiate like heat on a summer's day.

I shook my head, irked at myself for the direction in which my thoughts had slyly travelled....

Yup. It's the pheromones, sure as there's Treasure on Roon.

...and finally spoke up. And after a moment's hesitation, I reached out a hand in Dash's direction.

"I thank you for the offered assistance," I started, doing my best to stifle the heat which rose up within me the moment he took my hand in his. "I'm going to need all the assistance I can get, from everybody."

Now I let his hand drop, and turned from one to the other. "I-- I'm not certain as to what this... this healing ability is which I suddenly seem to have developed; all I know is that whatever it is, it seems to come and go as it pleases. And in that regard, I'm the farthest thing from a Jedi; you ought to recognize that--"

Whatever else I would have said was nipped in the bud as the door to Aaron's ready room abruptly slid open, disgorging a highly excited Verpine from the hall without.

Well... at least I could tell K'kihl was excited; I've hung with him long enough to recognize the Verpine equivalent of one being beside oneself.

I didn't even have the time to say hello when he burst out with his discomforting news. And that, on top of everything else, was enough to stop my own words in my mouth.

I just arched a brow once again, and turned to Aaron. The closest I managed was to silently mouth one incredible word:

"Sabotage?"

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-07-2003 09:31 PM    
Sabotage indeed, Aaron thought blackly, casting a more than simply worried look from Galen back to the resistor K'khil still held in midair.

"I don't know of too many folks who would want to sabotage a ship-building business..."

He paused a moment, frowning even as he thought, "...unless of course they are doing so on the assumption that we are aiding and abetting some of our consumers who might be somewhat...

... dissatisfied with the "new" Empire."

His look darkened at that. After some length of silence Aaron refocused his gaze on K'khil. "This has to have happened recently; I don't know how we would have missed something like it on our regular security sweeps...

"...which means someone here does not belong, someone high level who has access to the power generators."

Aaron leaned back a bit in his desk chair, his look turning thoughtful as he considered what to do about this. "K'kihl, any input you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Serial numbers on the resistor, estimates as to how long it's been in place...

... anything."

He paused another moment. Then, "And Matt, start looking back through our background checks on anyone hired within, say, the last six months. If anything looks suspicious, call them in on it."

Only after he had said all this did Aaron finally stop long enough to note the one person in the room who seemed out of place. She stood beside K'kihl quietly. Aaron arched an eyebrow at her, not recongizing her. Afer all, one rarely remembers the face of every worker on a ship as big as the Hornett.

"Who are you, and what is your involvement in all of this?"

He quieted at that then, his look clearly inquisitive but nothing more than that...

...for the moment, anyway...

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-08-2003 06:08 PM    
Sullare, whose thoughts had been focused mostly on the advice given to her by K'kihl, suddenly came to attention as she realized she was being spoken to. Apparently, her attempts to disappear behind K'kihl had been less than successful.

"Sularre Rynnll'tan," she answered. "I was recently hired as an engineer here, and I was just helping K'kihl find the source of the power outage," she explained.

She didn't like the question. Something about the spontaneity of its asking bothered her for reasons she could not explain. As if they expected her to be lying...
Stop it, she commanded herself firmly, you don't have anything to lie about.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-09-2003 09:48 PM    
Aaron merely cocked a thoughtful brow at Sularre, momentarily glancing towards a still-smouldering Jasyn to cast a warning look his way. He didn't know what to think just yet, but at least for the moment he didn't sense any untruthfulness in Sularre's words. He pursed his lips, studying her a bit. "So tell me, Ms. Rynnll'tan," he started, breaking an awkward moment of silence, "what is your personal analysis of this?" he finished, waving towards the resistor still in K'kihl's grasp.

Then, as if it were an afterthought, he added one final question: "And has the power been restored to engineering?"

With nothing more he fell silent, waiting.

[ 05-09-2003 09:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-10-2003 08:04 PM    
My gaze shifted from GALEN to the new occupants of the office.
SABOTAGE?!? I hope I don't get blamed for that!

"Sularre, did I get you into more trouble?" I looked back to GALEN. "I didn't mean to cause this much trouble. I didn't know I couldn't go to engineering! I'm sorry!"

Galen

posted 05-10-2003 08:34 PM    
I leaned forward and laid a hand lightly on Dash's shoulder, once again fighting down the instinctive response to his body chemistry his proximity was creating within me.

"Dash, I don't know what's been happening regarding you, but I want you to know that I don't think you're responsible for this-- this whatever it is K'kihl and--

"Sularre, is it?" I interrupted myself, turning to the Twi'lek. She merely stood mute, her lekku twitching a bit nervously; I smiled a little at her and turned back to the others.

"Sularre found," I finished decidedly. Hesitating a bit, and then more firmly I now reached out and took the resistor from K'kihl's hand. It lay in my own, small and unobstructive; I thought to myself how easily this thing must have been to hide in the miles and miles of connective tunnels Hornett carried within her.

Not to mention how serendipitous it was to have been found at all. A simple power knock-out, probably not foreseen at all....

I shook my head a little, turning it over and then handing it back to K'kihl.

"What is it?" I asked... and immediately wished I hadn't, for he launched into a diatribe only half of which I could understand. Forcing back a reactive smile, I raised a hand.

"So what you're saying is that this thing was hidden in a hollowed place in one of the primary power cable shafts, and was designed to bleed power from the main line? Is that right?"

K'kihl nodded in reply, taking the resistor from me and tucking it into his tool belt. I sat back, crossing my arms as I considered what I had just said.

"Look," I finally burst out with. "I'm no engineer, and I can't even begin to imagine how this thing works. What concerns me is the whys of its being here, as well as who put it there. Seems to me one can't just up and stick it into solid durasteel without having some time in which to do it; I think that alone would take at least Dash off the hook."

Now it was my turn to display lowering brows, which I directed at Aaron and Jasyn; I might not have hung around reading the SOP Manual for Super Star Destroyers all my life, but simple logic told me that not merely the creation, but the implemention of such a strange little device took obvious skill... and time in which to utilize it. One just doesn't up and cut into solid durasteel in mere seconds; whoever did this had to have been aboard for the length of time it would take to do it.

I turned back to Aaron.

"I think I'm sensing some undercurrents here, Captain Barnes," I began cautiously. "Just because Sularre is new here shouldn't put her under suspicion."

I turned my gaze to K'kihl. Although to the others he probably looked non-committal, I knew him well enough to read the semblance of body language he did in fact utilize. That body language was spilling its guts saying that he didn't think Sularre did it either.

Well gosh wee, Galen ol' girl, that eliminates two out of... hmmm. A crew numbering in the tens of thousands, right?

I sighed and sat back, rubbing my temple as I did so, for quite suddenly the biggest headache to come down the spacelanes was settling in for the long haul, right behind my eyes.

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-10-2003 08:52 PM    
Sullare could do nothing but stare in silence at Galen during her speech. So she was a suspect... That was no big surprise; she seemed to be developing a habit of getting blamed for things. The surprise was that, seemingly out of the blue, this person she had never even met was defending her.

She finally averted her gaze back to her questioner, wondering what under the sun of Ryloth she was supposed to say now.

After several moments of silence on her part, she decided that speaking might not be the wisest thing to do at this moment. Rather, she just stood quietly in her place, waiting for someone else to speak.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-10-2003 09:01 PM    
"Well, at least we know that is wasn't anyone in this room who did it. That still leaves tens of thousands who could have though. Or maybe this was done during the production of the ship. What are your thoughts on this SULARRE?"

I asked Sularre because she seemed to be the most intelligent being in the office at the moment, even though she is a little unsure of herself at times. "Could it have been done during production or do you feel this was a deliberate attempt at sabotage by one of the crew members?"

Sularre was still not responding. "Anyone else have any views they might want to bring into light about this little device here?" I pointed to the little box with wires hanging out of it. "I don't know what it is, I've never seen anything like it before."

Galen

posted 05-10-2003 09:18 PM    
I blinked at Dash, taken completely aback by his brashness.

"Ahh--" I garbled, trying to be diplomatic, and by reason of the damned headache I was developing probably failing miserably.

"Didn't Captain Barnes just ask Sullare that in so many words?"

I fell silent again, rubbing my temple, but now cocking my head a little to one side as I contemplated the young crew member and our C'hiss guest.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-10-2003 09:27 PM    
Didn't Captain Barnes just ask that question??? I thought AFTER I opened my big mouth again.

"Uhhh, Sorry. I have a habbit of opening my mouth where it doesn't really belong. I was just trying to help. From now on I'll leave the questioning to you." I looked directly at Captain Barnes.

I didn't want to look at Jasyn, he looked mad enough before I entered the room. I can sense a general dislike for me emminating from that man. I don't know why?!? I saved him from drowning in a puddle of his own vomit back on Sullust.

"What I mean to say is, I want to help out in any way I can! I just hope that doesn't mean being confined to my quarters."

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-10-2003 09:27 PM    
Aaron frowned in irritation at being ignored, then acknowledged Dash's apology with nothing more than a simple nod. He was, after all, the Captain of the Hornett...

...or at least, the honarary since her true Captain had died.

"This ship is too old to have had a resistor implanted in her during construction--we would have had a power bleed long ago if that were the case," he commented.

"And Ms. Rynnll'tan, Ms. Danner's point is well-made. Your reply needs to be forthcoming, and to your Captain. That is the procedure we adhere to on the Hornett."

He quieted at that, directing an expectant gaze in Sularre's direction.

[ 05-10-2003 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Galen

posted 05-10-2003 09:40 PM    
I shot Dash a softer look, one which I hope stated, Hey, I understand. But then, we've crossed bow waves before...

Then I frowned as his words began sinking into my skull through the headache which pounded there. I wanted more than anything to ask Aaron why Dash had been confined to quarters, or at least threatened to be, and to otherwise find out what the heck had been happening lately aboard Hornett while I had been... incapacitated.

But timing is everything; now was certainly not the time for such a line of questioning. I let out a little sigh, and settled back to see if the Twi'lek was ever going to answer Aaron's question or not.

[ 05-10-2003 09:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-11-2003 10:55 AM    
Sullare finally drew her gaze into focus and responded to the question that she was already beginning to forget.

"I agree, Captain, that it is unlikely that the resistor was implanted during the production of the ship," she began, now looking the Captain directly in the face. "The most likely answer, in my opinion, is that the resistor was added to the ship within the last few days. Although it would depend on how much energy it was drawing away, I do not believe it would take long to create some sort of effect on the ship."

She resisted the temptation to avert her gaze to Dash or K'kihl. She was on her own, at least for now.

Taking a deep breath, she finished her thought. "This means that whoever implanted that resistor is, more likely than not, on the Hornett as we speak." She hesitated, then added, "I suggest that the destination of the resistor's wiring be revealed so as to get an idea of what the culprit was trying to accomplish."

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-11-2003 05:23 PM    
I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the clock. It had been 2 and a half hours since the guards escorted me back to my room. I got up and went to the door, but it wouldn't budge.

Great still locked. I thought.

I closed my eyes searching for Alexis and Dash. Alexis was asleep still and Dash...
He was somewhere with a group of other lifeforms doing who knew what?

Dash, What are you doing? I sent a mental thought to him.

Whatever he was doing I hoped he could get me out of my room.

[ 05-11-2003 05:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-11-2003 07:46 PM    
As the conversation went on around me, I heard a voice in my head. It was Jebbua. How in the Force could I have forgotten what I came here for in the first place?!?

I streched out with my mind to speak with Master Jebbua, "I'm sorry Master, I'm still in negotiations for our freedom of movement throughout the ship. I am working on it. I will make a final plea in a minute."

I looked to GALEN and Captain Barnes. "Can I make one small request in the middle of this turmoil? I'd like for Alexis and Jebbua to be freed from thier quarters. If it is possible."

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-11-2003 07:49 PM    
Ok, but Hurry. I hate them saying we're guests, but being treated like prisoners. I sent the thought to Dash.

Then I sat on the ground and went through some jedi excirises, waiting to be let out of my room.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-11-2003 08:13 PM    
Jasyn was so lost in thought he barely noticed the looks Aaron had been directing his way. “Yes, I suppose we could...” Aaron started in response to Dash's question.

It was then that Jasyn interrupted him with a, “Now wait just a damn minute,” he exclaimed, suddenly coming to angry life. “If you’re saying that this has to have all taken effect recently, then it must be in connection with recent events. I’ve been thinking through things, and aside from the time Terrin and I spent in the Coruscant prison we’ve had little contact with...

...much of anyone else.”

No need to talk about the Sith around this guy til it’s brought up a bit less...

...abruptly.

“Not to mention the fact that Terrin and I were busted out of that jail by Graysith, leaving not so much as a trace on how we managed our way out. At least, there were no traces so far as I’m aware. The Empire is, however, well aware that Terrin owned the Hornett, and I really doubt they know that he...”

Jasyn hesitated, shifting uncomfortably, “...is no longer with us. What better way to get back at us...and possibly kill us in the process...than by taking the Hornett down?”

His frown darkened as he caught his breath. Then he added, “And hell, though they might not know about Terrin not being alive on Coruscant, they are probably damn well aware that Darra is Terrin’s adopted daughter...it’s a matter of public record. Our Coruscant pals might not be too thrilled with that, and might be trying to...

... express their sentiment. Either that, or maybe they are thinking they can collect big if they get rid of Mom and Dad.”

Jasyn quieted then, sighing. “Maybe I’m grasping at straws, and I don’t guess the speculation will help us all that much until we analyze the route for the resistor and any serial numbers on it that can be traced. But I don’t think I’m jumping to conclusions in saying that I have a really bad feeling about this...”

[ 05-11-2003 08:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-11-2003 08:45 PM    
I looked back to Jasyn. "Allow me to interupt you Jasyn. I have no idea what you are talking about. Who are Terrin and Darra? And if you don't mind, could I be so bold as to ask why you would havebeen in a Coruscant Prison?"

I hope I can get some answers now. It would make things a lot easier for me to understand!

Terrin's Crew

posted 05-12-2003 06:35 AM    
Knowing what Aaron was going to say before Jasyn interrupted him, Matt Stanza raised his comm to his lips after pressing one single button and contacted security on Red Level. "Quarter restriction for the occupants of R 551, 553, and 555 is to be lifted. Please direct them to Captain Barnes's ready room."

Matt then cut the comm off at that, lowering his arms and directing his intense green eyes towards Dash as Jasyn finally began to answer his questions, seemingly unsure as to whether he really wanted to or not.

"Terrin Danner is... was...part-owner of Eagle Enterprises, and the previous owner of this vessel," Jasyn started, waving his hand expansively to indicate the Hornett.

Then, after a bare moment of hesitation, he continued. "Darra is his adoptive daughter, and Galen's daughter, who has been taken to Coruscant. We were discussing just how to get her out of there when this whole resistor issue came up."

He paused a moment then, his look darkening. "And as for the Coruscant prison...let's just say that the New Empire doesn't like us very much, and leave it at that," he answered, not willing to budge any further.

Then he leaned back, folding his arms against his chest, his brown eyes directed right to Dash. They were fairly inscrutable...

...but inside Jasyn was all but wondering exactly what the Jedi would have to contribute to all of this...

...if he was going to contribute anything at all.

Galen

posted 05-12-2003 11:00 AM    
Now it was finally my turn to open my mouth. I leaned back in my chair, lifting a knee to place a foot on the seat and wrapping my arms casually around my shin.

"I think you're kinda forgetting something rather of importance, Jasyn," I said softly, cutting my glance from Dash back into his dark brown eyes again. For a moment I just looked at him, not saying anything at all. Then I straightened up and leaned forward, now letting my eyes move back into Dash's.

"Darra is my daughter by Sorben Tarnus... who I ahhh... believe now has some kind of connection with the Empire. And as to why he would want her that badly...."

I trailed off and got to my feet. Moving quickly past the others, I came to a viewing port. It didn't actually open out onto real space, as the captain's ready room was buried deeply amidship, but was rather a digital representation of where we were. I stared out into the glittering velvet beyond us.

"I can only hope it's because he loves her as much as I do," I finally finished, and fell silent, still looking out upon the silent stars. Time ticked inexorably by, in which the room seemed to thicken palpably with undercurrents of... of what exactly, I wasn't sure.

I finally turned around, now leaning back against the digi-port.

"Look, Dash," I began, floundering a little. "Nothing would make me happier than having you toss your lot in with us in helping to get Darra back safe and sound. To remain unhindered with me for the rest of her life, I might add..."

Although how that was going to be accomplished was a bigger fish than I wanted to fry at the moment. Well, one step at a time, I guess.

I shook my head and refocused my eyes on the group.

"There's more here than we're telling you; as a Force-user I'm sure you can sense at least that. There's... something out there which is almost totally unbelievable; in fact, if I hadn't already gotten involved with it I wouldn't believe it myself. For your own protection I don't want to say anything further, other than this.

"If you want to just say you're friends with us and have it be that, we'll be happy to transport you wherever it is you and your friends wish to go. If you do choose to throw your ante into our pot, then we'll tell you the rest of the story. And--"

I stopped a moment, letting a stern look sweep over the others present. Aaron remained his usual unflappable self, but Matt was frowning and Jasyn was back to his volcano impersonation again.

"--and I think everyone here had just better flush out whatever bad feelings he's been nursing and let things start anew. Allies are no good as allies if they're not completely trusted, that's a fact. And trust is a two-way street."

I rounded on Matt now, sending him a silent look as to who our last ally had been, and lifted a brow in his direction before turning back to Dash and falling silent. When no one at first ventured to speak, I stepped forward and regained my seat, calling quietly for a protocol droid to bring us some caf. Something told me it was going to be a long meeting.

[ 05-12-2003 11:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-12-2003 12:29 PM    
I was in my room mediating on the ground, when the door to my room flew open.

A guard walked into the room.

"You are to come with me."

I got up and went out my room. I saw Alexis and 4 other gaurds there too.

"Can you tell me where we are going?" I asked the Lead guard.

No answer.

I guess I'll find out soon enough. I thought.

[ 05-12-2003 12:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-12-2003 07:03 PM    
Yes as a Force user I could sense that there was much more to the story than was being laid out to me. In some ways it is really none of my buisness, the things that remained unsaid, but I listened intently to Galen's words. I could also sense her longingness to be reunited with her daughter.

"I've seen and heard a lot of things in my day. And in the past I would have just sat back and left this situation to play itself out. But for a Jedi walking the path of LIGHT, I can't just stand by and watch, as a mother is being kept from her child unwillingly. I'll ante up like a true Jedi. I am a man of my word and I say this to you... No matter how long or difficult the road ahead is, I pledge my allegence to your cause. I give you my word as a JEDI KNIGHT."

I could still sense some distrust from Jasyn. So I said to him, "Look Jasyn, We never really met on good terms. But if I didn't sense the good in you back on Sullust, I would have left you in the hallway of the Azure Planetiod. But instead I watched over you all night to make sure you were going to be allright. You may or may not remember all of this, but I can assure you I am trustworthy. And I'd like to work with you in the future as friends."

My eyes wandered around the room. From person to person, trying to read thier expressions.
Well... This is it Dashy ol' boy. You have chosen your path.

"I'd like to hear more of the story at a later time Galen. If that is alright with you?!?"

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-12-2003 07:54 PM    
Aaron sent a meaningful look in Dash's direction, then turned another warning one in Jasyn's direction. He was smouldering a bit less than he had been a few moments before...

...but in Aaron's opinion it was still obviously taking the man a bit of effort. Matt, on the other hand, Aaron knew wouldn't need any prompting to remain open to whatever might lie ahead; he was, after all, fairly observant and slow to judge...

...even when it came to Jedi.

Aaron couldn't help the faintest of smiles from crossing his features at that thought; and it was only then he realized how crowded his little ready room was getting. Even as the droid was returning with cups of caf, Aaron cleared his throat. "K'kihl and Sularre, could you start running any and all tests on that resistor that you can?" he queried at first, looking to them and cocking a brow.

Then, to the others, "And while they are at it, how about the rest of us finding somewhere a bit more...comfortable to discuss all that we must...

...and perhaps somewhere to find food as well. Red Level has some private dining chambers, and we could easily make use of one...

...if that would suit everyone?"

K'kihl

posted 05-12-2003 08:11 PM    
K'kihl nodded in turn, clacking his mandibles. Then without so much as saying goodbye he whirled in place and departed, heading back toward engineering and removing in the process any hopeful thoughts of dining with the Captain the Twi'lek might have entertained. As he clattered along he pulled the resistor out of his tool belt again and studied it. Then without slowing his pace he tossed it over his shoulder to Sularre.

"Discover we must, the function of this device," he muttered, almost to himself. "A power bleed it is, this much know we. But-- why? To obtain or merely power to remove?"

He clacked his mandibles again, the Verpine equivalent of losing himself in deep, if worried, thought, then came to an abrupt halt in the corridor. Crew members and the occasional droid moved past him; he paid them no attention whatsoever but turned his shining eyes upon Sularre.

"Tracing the line, a good idea it is," he confirmed her earlier suggestion. "And do that now we must. You--" He cocked his head, pointing an appendage directly at Sularre.

"Your task this is, to prove your worth. I faith in you have, Captain Barnes maybe not. Chance have you now, self to prove, worth to gain. Is this not so?"

He fell silent, folding his arms, and giving Sularre all the time in the world she needed to reply... which by his casually tapping foot was far less than his attitude implied.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-12-2003 08:12 PM    
I suddenly realized what AARON meant. It was becoming exceedingly hot in the ready room.

"I could certainly go for some food. I haven't had a decent meal in days! Mostly my own fault though. But a nice meal to discuss matters over would be great!"

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-12-2003 08:39 PM    
We rounded a corner and stopped in front of a door. The captain opened it and motoined me and alexis inside.

I heard the last words that Dash said."to Discuss matters over would be great!"

"What matters?" I said as I stepped into the room.
Inside the room were 3 other men besides Dash and Galen was also there. I also the men that had escorted us here had left. Alexis smiled at Dash and stepped beside me. I stood there waiting for an answer.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-12-2003 08:43 PM    
I jumped a little at the sound of the door opening. It was Jebbua and Alexis. "Nice of you two to finally join us." I joked.

"But we are just leaving, perhaps Captain Barnes here will invite you to dine with us."

I looked to the good Captain for a nod of approval.

Galen

posted 05-12-2003 08:53 PM    
I grimaced slightly at the mention of food. Khaandon knows when I last ate anything; quite possibly it was back on Bespin, when I found that fruit for Loban and me. Events seemed to have since unraveled with a speed that seemed to transcend time itself; with a start I realized that although days had passed since I had last eaten I wasn't the least bit hungry, and didn't know when I could ever force myself into eating again.

Not with what happened to Loban... and Darra being gone... and the Sith....

I gulped at that, fighting down the combination of fresh grief and worry and fear. I rose to my feet and waved my hand, trying to appear nonchalant when Jebbua and a young lady came into the ready room.

"I wouldn't mind some hot tea," I said feebly, then fell silent, waiting for someone to lead the way. I mean, Khaandon knows I could take charge, it was my ship after all... but somehow the circumstances just didn't seem right for this. So I closed my mouth and stood there, waiting for someone to comment or move.

[ 05-13-2003 10:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-12-2003 09:00 PM    
Just to lighten the situation I used the Force create a 'rumbling tummy' sound emenate from Jasyns stomache.

"Wow! Someone sound hungry." I said As I walked over to where Alexis was standing. I put my arm around her waist.

"I'd lead us to the dining hall, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to get back to my Room! Let alone a place I've never even been to before."

I decided to make the first move for the door anyway. Ushering Alexis along with me. I just hoped everyone would follow me into the hall at least.

Galen

posted 05-12-2003 09:09 PM    
Something welled up inside me, fighting for recognition when I watched Dash walk over and place his arm protectively around the young girl. I blinked, working my mouth a little bit before finally managing,

"You know, I'm really not hungry. I-- I think I'm just going to go to my quarters and rest up a bit. There really isn't anything about Darra's situation that Jasyn or Captain Barnes doesn't already know, so my input isn't really necessary, at least not at this stage of the game."

I paused a moment, closing my eyes briefly. When I opened them again, the world around me wavered as though I was looking at it through a rippling sheet of water.

"Good night, everyone," I managed and left before I totally lost all control of myself.

[ 05-12-2003 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-12-2003 09:22 PM    
Aaron couldn't help but notice some of the worried expressions on at least a couple of the other people's faces in the ready room even as Galen made her sudden departure. Aaron looked over to Jasyn, whose look had shifted from somewhat of a cross between inscrutability and a scowl to utter concern. "You think she'll be allright?" he queried worriedly.

Jasyn bit his lip. "I dunno, but I'm not gonna stand around to wait and find out. Would you mind if..." he started.

"Go and check on her," Aaron finished. "In the meantime, Matt and I will take everyone else up to Red Level private dining. You can join us there, or comm me later."

Jasyn nodded, and hurried off. Then, turning to the others in the ready room Aaron waved a hand expansively outward as he said "This way,"

With nothing more than that then, Aaron lead the way to the turbolift which would carry them to the private dining area in Red Level.

[ 05-12-2003 09:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-12-2003 09:28 PM    
I followed right behind Dash and Alexis watching their every move. i had accpted their relationship, but if Dash ever made Alexis cry, I would track him down and make him suffer. But I knew he wouldn't do something like that. I knew I had tuaght Dash well. As we walked to the dining room, I couldn't help but smile at my thoughts.

Galen

posted 05-12-2003 09:35 PM    
I started out with every intention of reaching my quarters... and really wasn't all that surprised when I pulled my focus out of introspection to discover my feet had carried me back to Sick Bay instead. I entered on tiptoe and moved like a wraith to a far bed, where a pale and seemingly lifeless body lay. Tubes and wires ran from that form, and every so often the bed upon which it lay vibrated so as to exercise the muscles by that movement. Other than the shaking produced by the therapeutic bed, Loban remained utterly still, oblivious to all.

I came to a stop beside him, reached a hand to sweep back his hair which had fallen across his face, stood there a moment with my hand laying lightly upon his brow. Inside me, I felt as if an inferno were exploding; now I lifted my other hand and swiped it across my eyes.

It wasn't fair... it just wasn't fair! I railed at the gods of time and space and punitive whimsy. They only smirked back at me from their high places, and for one moment I wished indeed that I did have the Force, for maybe then I could challenge those gods and kill them for the way they took such pleasure in keeping me removed from whatever joy I might find as I traipsed through their sorry universe.

I was still standing like that, a hand on Loban's cold and clammy face, the other held against my eyes, when I heard the door to the sick bay whoosh open and quiet footsteps enter into the room.

[ 05-12-2003 09:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-13-2003 08:06 PM    
Sullare caught the resistor as it was thrown to her. She studied it for a moment before replying.

"Yes," she acknowledged solemnly, "Thank you. I will complete the task."

With that, she gave a slight nod that almost resembled a bow and then turned away, heading for the main engine room once again.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-13-2003 08:39 PM    
Jasyn came up behind Galen quietly, resting a hand on her shoulder and finding himself at a loss for words as he stared at Loban Kenobi's motionless form. Something in the depths of his eyes darkened the slightest as the image provoked a thought. Loban was a Jedi, and Jasyn usually didn't care for Jedi...

...but Loban seemed of the more down-to-the-earth variety.

Could he and Loban have eventually become friends?

Jasyn frowned a bit at this thought as it triggered another which pointed out the fact that there were way too many images like this one in Jasyn's recent past. But Jasyn knew losing a friend wasn't nearly as devestating as losing a spouse or significant other...

...so he couldn't quite think of anything to say at the moment. Even an "Are you going to be okay?" at the moment sounded lame to him; of course she wasn't okay.

So he pursed his lips, standing quietly for a few passing minutes before at last breaking the silence. "They'll keep doing everything they can for him..." he started, "But in the meantime you should probably get some nourishment and some rest, cause we're gonna do everything we can to get Darra, and that means that we need you..."

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-13-2003 08:55 PM    
Once reaching the Red Level, Aaron escorted the threesome through the lavish corridors til at lenght he came to one of the autohatches lining it. Reaching for the keypad beside the door, Aaron punched in an access code which cued the door to open, revealing a lavish dining area. Its four walls were lined with buffets which, for the moment, were bare, and in the corner was a drink table with wines and beverages also from various cultures. These beverages were already in place, so Aaron waved his guests to partake.

Once they all did just that, including the Captain and his assistant, Aaron then motioned everyone to join him at the large dark wood table at the center of the dining area. Then he motioned the one attendant who was waiting at the one corner of the room to the side of the chair he had taken. "My guests here are famished and I therefore would like a full-spread of food from various planets on the buffet. But before the food is prepared and delivered, I'd like the guests to request whatever it might be that they would care to dine on most."

Aaron quieted at that, and the attendant nodded, turning then to Dash, Alexis, and Jebbua so that he could recieve their requests. Meanwhile, Aaron leaned back in his chair a bit, taking a sip of the Alderaanian ale he had chosen, very interested in what these newfound-allies might request...

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-13-2003 09:17 PM    
I looked at the attendant and said. "I don't really care. As long as it has some kind of meat in it, I'm ok with it."

I sat down in the seat across from the captain and waited for my meal, Then looking at the captian I asked him.

"So, what kind of matters were you all discussing back in the room?"

I thought back to the scene when i had entered they were talking about something and then Galen and all of a sudden just left. Waitng for an answer I picked up the Alderaanian ale that he had chosen and poured me some and drank it.

[ 05-13-2003 09:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Alexis

posted 05-13-2003 09:39 PM    
At first she wanted to say she wasn't hungry, but then decided to have something.

"I'll just have some salad with some Jawa juice." She said to the attendant. She went over to the table and sat down next to her brother and motioned for Dash to follow.

Aaron Barnes

posted 05-13-2003 09:46 PM    
Aaron lowered his mug of Alderaanian ale so that he could clearly regard the Jedi across the table. "Galen's daughter has been taken to Coruscant by her biological father, Sorben Tarnus. We want to get her back to her mother, but that requires we do something to get through the Coruscant blockade, first of all. Secondly, we have to deal with the Empire's reborn Jedi."

Aaron paused, considering the prudency of divulging too much concerning what they knew about the Reborn. He decided to keep it to the very basics; no reason to give everyone here some information that could quite possibly get them into some serious jepordy later on. "We know that the Reborn will be very loyal to Actar and the New Empire, but we also know that they are trained to deal with specific situations, and might be caught off guard if something was presented to them they weren't prepared for. Along with that, we have some access to some ysalamiri, which may or may not prove useful.

"We've discussed sneaking our way inside Coruscant, and have concluded that this just won't work; Coruscant is simply too tight. I have some ship-power to contribute should it be necessary, but at any rate we're gonna need something very direct and well planned...

...and we're gonna need some major help. As a Jedi, what would your input be in getting safely past the blockade and dealing with the Reborn?"

[ 05-13-2003 09:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-14-2003 06:37 AM    
I took a sip of my drink, put it on the table and tooka deep breath.

"Well, as for the first part of your question. You simply can't get past the blockade, trust me. I've tried it three times. And as for the Reborn jedi. I don't know what to tell you, but I'm willing enough to help in any way."

I picked my drink back up and took another sip and looked back across the table at the captian.

"I can tell you that Ysalmari won't work though, because instead of feeling something in the ship, they would probably just feel a big empty place, which they would probably think something fishy is going on, so I don't know what to tell you."

K'kihl

posted 05-14-2003 05:55 PM    
K'kihl nodded once and watched as Sularre took her leave of him. Then he turned back the way he had been going, heading to Engineering to see if normal power could be restored now that the mysterious power bleeding device had been removed. He would have frowned if he could.

What could that strangely insidious little box mean?

But Verpine are not built to display their emotions in the manner in which humans do, even though they themselves are extremely sensitive as a race. K'kihl chattered his mandibles and continued on his way, and soon gained Engineering, where a state of controlled chaos seemed to exist. Without preamble he headed to where the Head Engineer was standing, devilishly limned in the red emergency lighting, and told him what had been found, and why the Twi'lek hadn't returned with him. Then he headed to his department, there to begin the job of overseeing power return to his assigned section of the massive assemblage of machines and men who in toto made the great ship run.

[ 05-14-2003 05:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

Sularre Rynnll'tan

posted 05-14-2003 09:04 PM    
As soon as Sullare had turned the nearest corner, the determination on her face slipped a notch and she slowed to examine the resistor in her hands.
How on Ryloth am I supposed to go about this? she wondered inwardly.

She entered the main engine room and quickly found the entrance to the tunnel she and K'kihl had previously been in--a simple task, seeing as how K'kihl had left it open in his hurry to find Captain Barnes.

The darkness which she had grown accustomed to not long before suddenly felt darker than it had previously. As she squinted to find her way along the tunnel, she realized that she had left her glowstick somewhere between Engineering and the Captain's office. It wasn't a huge loss, but it was something she could most definitely use at that moment.

Thankfully, she remembered that at her side was stored a small flashlight--not something used often anymore, but still useful for some things. This she turned on and held at eye level as she manuevered through the tunnel.

Soon she came to the vertical intersection and, with a bit more experience than the previous time, crawled onto the ladder and began climbing downwards. Within seconds, she was in the spot where she remembered finding the power drop. She looked more closely at the main power cable and saw the place where the resistor had been--and the broken wires dangling from the wall behind it.

How she was going to follow them, she had no idea. But somehow, she had the feeling that she was in the right place to start.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-14-2003 09:30 PM    
The serving droid finally made it's way over to me, while Jebbua was talking. "I'll just have the chefs specialty, and a good strong wine."

Jebbua had just finished his input to the situation. SO I piped in, "I have a score to settle with General Ahem and his group of Reborn. Although I'm not really sure what a Reborn is?!? They act like semi-sentient beings, yet are very well adept in the uses of the Force. It will be very difficult to sneak by them. I suggest we assemble a small assault force. To each person goes a Young Ysalamiri, so the Bubble isn't at it's fullest girth. We smuggle ourselves in one at a time aboard transport ships, then wait for the others at a given rendezvous point. I'd say five to seven people should be enough."

I waited then for a moment for anyone else to make a suggestion on how to better my plan, or even chime in with a plan of thier own. No takers.... for the moment. So I continued on with a few questions. "Do any of us have any contacts on Coruscant? If yes, would they be willing to help us? And what type of resources are we working with here? Smuggling into Coruscant is not going to be cheap, if you know what I mean."

[ 05-14-2003 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Galen

posted 05-14-2003 10:42 PM    
Time ticked by, and I let it, continuing to rail inwardly but now in a different direction.

They were going to need me. Well... what about my needs? For once, just for once....

I raised my head with a jerk, cutting myself off before I found myself literally wallowing in self-pity. Thoughts like that wouldn't get me anywhere, wouldn't get Darra... and could certainly wait for a more timely moment to give them rein.

With a little shudder I let my hands drop, and just stared down at Loban's silent form. Then after leaning down to kiss his unresponsive lips, I turned away and let Jasyn lead me back to where the others were meeting over food and drink in Hornett's posh Red Level Dining Room.

[ 05-14-2003 10:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 05-15-2003 06:40 AM    
As Jasyn began to lead Galen towards the turbolift his mind began whirling with thoughts.

Hey, stupid, a shoulder being popped up and stated, If the sight of something Galen had lost once too many times upset her that much, how is taking her right back to that situation going to help? Admit it, if it were you, you wouldn’t want to be there either, not right at the moment. And when precisely has Galen really had the time to deal with how she might be feeling after she found out Loban was in a coma...?

Suddenly, as they were just about to the turbolift, Jasyn froze right where he was, and turned to Galen, who seemed surprised by the sudden halt.

“On second thought,” he started, “Would you prefer to get something to eat somewhere a bit more quiet? After all, I think Aaron and Matt can handle this part of the plans with the others on their own...”

[ 05-15-2003 06:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-15-2003 09:19 AM    
"I know a smuggler, he is a friend of mine, I'm sure he wouldn't mind to help. For just a small fee, since he is my friend and all and that sounds like a good plan, but we still might have some problems with Reborn." I Put my glass back on the table and turned to the Captain that sat across from me.

"Well, do you think its a good idea?"

[ 05-15-2003 09:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Galen

posted 05-15-2003 12:06 PM    
I actually bumped into Jasyn when he paused so unexpectedly, blinking in obvious surprise at the sensitivity he was suddenly showing. It struck me then that maybe, just maybe, someone really was caring how I felt... that he was that someone. Brief images of his persistent presence popping up in practically every ominous situation I had gotten myself into lately came flashing through my head, provoking me to smile, albeit a bit wanly.

"That sounds nice, Jasyn, and thank you," I said in a low voice, content for the moment to just let him take the reins I had been holding so tightly and lead me where he may. Somehow, although pain and grief and worry and anger and fear were still rearing their ugly heads and stampeding about in my psyche, a little spot of comfort came into being, sending a tiny and warm glow shining deep inside me.

Strange what it took for me to realize the offer of friendship that had been held out to me for so long, I mulled as he nodded and called for the turbolift to come and take us somewhere quiet where we could eat and talk a bit. My smile widened imperceptibly and I loosened my stance, letting that little bud of warmth do what it could to push back, at least for the next few hours, that strange combination of fiery emotion and icy emptiness that had been raging inside me for far too long a time.

It didn't like being pushed away, and flailed out in a last ditch effort to maintain the upper hand.

This has always been the primal you, this is how you operate, this is what you have been destined to feel, always, get used to it!

Then it bowed down to that warmth and curled up for the time being, muttering ominously to itself deep in the corners of my being.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-15-2003 05:56 PM    
"Well I happen to like the idea. It is mine of course. Ha ha ha. The major problem is those cursed Reborn. We can't fight our way through if we get caught. There are just WAY too many of them. Not to mention the fact that I am still weaponless, and wouldn't be much good in a fight."

Another awkward moment of silence....

I cleared my throat, and looked to Alexis. "Do you have any views on the matter?"

Alexis

posted 05-15-2003 06:16 PM    
At fisrt she didn't answer, and looked at Dash.

"Oh were you talking to me. Umm, yeah. Sounds like a great idea." She said, even though she really wasn't paying attention.

[ 05-15-2003 06:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Alexis ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-15-2003 06:27 PM    
From the look Alexis shot my way, I could tell she really wasn't listening to a word I had said. I gather from this that she also will not be joining us on the mission to retreive Darra, as this is the 'brainstorming' process where everyone interested is supposed to throw out thier ideas.

"I think it might be safer for you Alexis if you stayed behind on the Hornett. Things could get pretty dangerous on the mean street of Coruscant, I don't know what I would do if I allowed any harm to come to you. That being said, Do you think I might borrow that lightsaber of your mothers again?"

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-15-2003 06:59 PM    
I nearly jumped out of my seat when he mentioned Alexi's... Our mother.

"Mom gave you her saber?" I said.

"No, but she said If I ever needed it that I would know where it was. She did teach me a few jedi materials you know. How do you think you got those messages?"

"But How..." I then relaized that Dash and the others ere watching us, so I got up and grabbed Alexis's arm gentlely.

"If you'll excuse us for a moment." I said to them.

When we got to the hall I asked her.

"But how did you know you had a brother? I never saw you once. I never knew I even had a sister until not that long ago,"

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-15-2003 07:04 PM    
I was quite taken aback by Jebbua sudden outburst. He walked her into the hall, and left the 3 of us to talk things over.

"Well Captain Barnes, Mr. Stanza, do you see any flaws with my little plan? If so please do state them now. I will not take any offence. I want things to run perfectly and any techincal info you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!"

I looked to the doorway, and then back to Matt and Aaron. "They may be out there a while."

Alexis

posted 05-15-2003 07:10 PM    
"Mom told me I had a brother, I'm surpised you didn't go looking for mom." Alexis said.

"I did go searching for her. And I found her, but she was already dead." Jebbua replied.

"And do you know How she died!?" Tears slowly started to flow from Alexis's eyes.

"No, but I..."

"They killed her. The people that kidnapped me. They just murdered her. We were outside having a nice talk when they came up and surprised us. 2 of the men grabbed me and told mother to put down the blaster that was in her hands. As soon as she did. they shot her and killed her." Tears went down her cheek more frequently now.

"Why did they kidnapp you?"

"At first they just wanted to keep me for fun. Don't ask me why? I don't know why. But then I started to send help to you and styarted talking out loud, thats when the started making plans to catpure you."

"Alexis, I had no Idea."

"You never came to save mother. You felt her death, but you just ignored it, didn't you?"

She ran off down the corrider to her room still crying.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 05-15-2003 07:16 PM    
As I watched her take off down her corrider a object came flying down the hallway. I picked it up and saw it was mother's lightsaber. I slowly walked back into the dining room and walked over to Dash.

"Here you go and Alexis won't be joing us for dinner. she is a little upset about a little disargeement we had."

I went and sat down back in my seat and sat there feeling like an idiot.

Why do things like this always happen to me. I thought.

[ 05-15-2003 07:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Graysith

posted 05-15-2003 08:04 PM    
((OOC: Please follow everyone into All The King's Horses in the "Empire/New Republic" forums, thank you.))