The Holonet Boards   » Empire and New Republic   » Return To Tomorrow, revised edition

Sorben Tarnus

posted 01-22-2003 12:56 PM    
((OOC: From Shattered Green in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

There are few sights so utterly majestic in this universe than that of the wealth and proportions of the ships involved in a full-scale planetary blockade....

Unless it would be the sight of those potentially ravening monsters bowing in obescience before one. Such was the sight on my forward viewscreen as Ransacker popped at long last into Coruscant space and homed in a direct line on that shining world. I allowed a small smile to grace my lips behind my helmet as both star destroyer and SSD, not to mention the vast number of lesser transports and cruisers and fighters, all backed off an infinitesimal amount to allow my ship entry into the glittering atmosphere of the planet. The underlaying web of laced tractor beams in direct line of my trajectory flipped off for the brief time it took me to pass by the ships from which they originated; they sewed space up in my wake scarcely had I gotten further into the depths of the atmosphere.

My comm crackled in affirmation of my presence.

"Welcome back, Lt. General Tarnus," a metallic voice greeted me. "You have a landing vector cleared for you; please follow...." A string of numbers came politely into my ears; they had already been automatically uploaded into my navigational computer.

I reached out a gloved hand, flipped a toggle.

"Thank you, sentry," I replied to give them voice confirmation that it was indeed I who they had just let slip past their momentarily muzzled dogs of war. Another superfluous motion; I had already been thoroughly scanned the moment I had come out of hyperdrive.

I held my breath, counting to myself. Then it came....

"Sir, we're detecting another life form aboard your vessel. This was not according to your departure signatures, nor have you contacted us regarding you bearing another party. You may wish to engage an interior scan, Sir; we shall deploy fighters to follow you to the surface and--"

My lip curled in a somewhat humorless grin. "Belay that order, sentry," I commanded in return. "All is secure aboard this ship. You need not deploy the fighters; I repeat, you need not deploy the fighters. All units are to continue their normal duties in the blockade of Coruscant."

I sat back with that, then turned my attention to piloting my ship manually back to my private landing pad in Imperial Headquarters. A fly-by assured it was still mine and mine alone: bare of so much as a tin can, it floated there ready to receive the hot kiss provided by the landing jets of Ransacker as we gracefully swooped in and came to a feather-light halt upon its duracrete surface.

Inside the ship, everything degraded to the clicks and pings and other small noises a ship mutters to itself upon closing up shop for the duration. I got to my feet, taking Darra up in my arms as I did so.

"Come on, darlin'," I crooned to her, allowing myself this one small opportunity where my defenses might be dropped and I could treat her as I really desired to. "Let Daddy show you your new home."

With that I departed my cooling and venting ship, my boots ringing as I proceeded down the landing plank and onto the tarmac without and headed toward one end of the pad. There I keyed a sequence of numbers into my gauntlet; I was soon rewarded with the sight of an approaching private transport. It came to a hover over the tarmac beside me, its hatch sliding smoothly open. The droid-pilot turned its gleaming head to me in greeting.

"Good to see you again, Sir," it welcomed me as I stepped inside and settled down with Darra in my lap. She cooed and burbled, reaching out her tiny arms to the shiny entity controlling the vehicle, obviously entranced.

I leaned back with a sigh as the hatch slid closed and the transport shot away from the landing pad.

"Home, James," I murmured, closing my eyes for a moment's respite. Around me was only the soothing sounds of the humming vehicle and my garbling daughter.

Khaandon alone knew when I would find myself in such a peaceful moment again, and I wanted to savor every single moment of it.

[ 04-14-2003 01:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 02-15-2003 11:37 PM    
On the far outskirts of Coruscant, well away from the blockade...

Jasyn Lancaster scowled blackly through the viewport of the borrowed Lambda-class shuttle the Raptor, really wishing he could have a good keg of Whyrene's Reserve. He folded his arms then against his chest, scowling even more darkly; beside him Malf sat very cramped, probably eating something. Jasyn didn't know; he wasn't paying attention to anything except the distant scene of the blockade ahead...

...and the fact that Shayla Stargazer had apparently not arrived yet. Logically this could be due to the distance she was having to travel, but Jasyn couldn't help but be suspicious...

...especially after the brief and succint little warning he’d received from Aaron.

“Where the kriffing Hell is she?!” he growled at last, not shifting his eyes from the viewport but merely continuing to glare outside into space. He didn’t much like being this close to Coruscant anyway, and he couldn’t help but think what a convenient way this would be for Ms. Stargazer Kartan to get rid of him...

...just like the Sith had conveniently gotten rid of Terrin... some little shoulder-devil taunted in his ear.

Still scowling, Jasyn continued to wait, all the while trying to shove that particular little taunt as far away in his mind as he possibly could. After all, the Sith were the only ones who he could call upon to bring his Boss and friend back...

[ 02-15-2003 11:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-16-2003 01:04 PM    
I sighed behind my helmet, letting my eyes close for a moment in reflexive response to what the ensign was divulging to me from Command HQ. Nevermind the little fact that he was there and I was here, and that I really ought to have been there myself, but....

JhinDarra's little cooing burbles bubbled from somewhere behind me, accompanied by a soft sort of swsshing sound. She had just begun crawling, and was simply into everything her chubby hands and knees could take her to. I had decided to sit out one day's overseeing of Imperial matters, trusting to the competence of those officers under my direction, and take Darra out on a jaunt through Imperial City, maybe to the XenoZoo, but now this had suddenly arisen.

I sighed again, refocussing on the rather dramatic gestures this young ensign was directing toward me. How in the name of all the Universe did he get a position in Command HQ? the thought brushed through my mind as I watched yet another unprofessional wave of a hand reveal the excitement running through his blood.

"Sir!" he was saying for the umpteenth time. "Extreme long-range sensors indicate the presence of... of something we can't quite bring into complete resolution, but it's coming into Coruscant space! And we haven't been able to raise the ships you sent to Tatooine, either; we had that one transmission and then all hell seemed to break loose...."

He stumbled to a halt with that, as though finally realizing that he had indeed repeated himself yet again, and that no further arm-waving or histrionics were necessary to gain my attention. Let alone keep it.

I folded my hands on the tabletop and directed the enigmatic visors of my helmet into his eyes.

"Send a battalion to Tatooine... and mop up anything that flies in space within three parsecs of that hellhole. Then send a detachment down to find out what the hell is going on out there; I don't know who it was who wreaked such havoc on that miserable dustball, but I mean to find out.

"Have someone poke around and see if he can determine the whereabouts of one Paul Arakeen, who is on Imperial business in Mos Eisely." The fact that the ex-jedi had fallen out of communication didn't set well with me either. "And keep an eye on that sensor-ghost, and let me know the minute anything further is revealed."

I nodded a dismissal, then flicked off the vidscreen. A delighted burst of laughter erupted from behind me: I turned to see Darra rearing back onto her fat little behind, her eyes widening in wonder at a boxi-ball I had picked up for her in the local marketplace. With each touch of her hand it changed size and color, morphing in and out from its center via a cunning arrangement of triangular-shaped pieces of which it was made. Those pieces responded to body heat, and normally just lightened or darkened accordingly when touched.
It was almost frighteningly eerie the way Darra could make those pieces flare out in the precise spectrum of a rainbow.

I shook my head, watching her play. Looks like there's no zoo for you today, darlin', I thought a bit ruefully.

Then I swivelled back to the now blank screen and proceeded to just sit there, lost in thought.

((OOC: The post following this has been deleted by it's author. However, it had been saved, and is here in it's entirety:
FROM LOBAN:

posted 02-16-2003 11:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOC: From 'The Curse of the Uninvited' in CSWU, thank you...))

Lo-Ban sat...

Not sure what he was feeling, but he did know how he was making the others feel...

He rose,"I will take my leave from you, as soon as it is permissible..." Lo-Ban said, nothing but dry logic in his tone...

He then took himself from the two lovebirds...

Although was unable to feel anger, or hate...

He could still feel hurt...

[ 04-14-2003 10:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-16-2003 11:57 PM    
Shayla stood, her fists balled at her side, anger flaring through her. "Is your own personal hurt all you can think of at a time like this, after all that I have just revealed to you?!" she growled. "Graysith is in danger, the Sith are in danger...the entire Universe is in danger!"

She then paused, forcing herself to calm. "If it is your wish to depart, then so be it. But be aware that the evil planted within you was possibly done so purposefully, so that you could used as a pawn to distract and destroy us. Though the evil has been taken from you, and has been likewise removed from the innocent child that it was transferred to...

...that alone does not remove you from being used as a pawn once more. I'm not sure what game your Master Tyberius is playing...

...and I am suspicious that he may have some link with Lord Aelvedaar due to the timing of certain events...

...but the moment you leave here you are at the risk of capture, and very much at the risk of being used as a pawn once more regardless..."

FROM LOBAN:

posted 02-17-2003 12:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there was any trace of hate or anger left in Lo-Ban, this was the greatest enticement to bring them to the surface...
nothing...

This scared Lo-Ban, because he knew something was missing...

It took him some time to collect his thoughts...

Lo-Ban's mouth was now ajar, attempting to put together syllables that would assemble words...

"Eeee... I..." He stopped, as a throbbing affliction hit his temples like that of a thousand hammers dropped upon his head... one after the other...

He fell to his knees, veins bulging up his neck as his face turned beet red...

The aggravation was so great, he now stopped breathing all together...

Tried, as he did, he could not feel any anger toward Shayla's outburst of this emotion...

In fact, the effect was quite the opposite...

However upset the old Lo-Ban would have become, the anger-free Lo-Ban now embraced... love...

Without a moment's delay, Lo-Ban took himself from his crouched position... taking Shayla in his grasp, he laid a long passionate kiss deep upon her lips...

As if he were kissing her very soul, and perhaps he indeed was...

[ 04-14-2003 10:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Erik Kartan

posted 02-17-2003 12:57 AM    
Instinct won over. Before Erik was even truly consciously aware of what was happening or even what he was doing, he was up on his feet, for all he knew was this fellow who had attacked both he and Shayla was now openly and rather passionately kissing her. In a flash Erik took hold of Shayla, who was even then beginning to struggle, and shoved Loban clear across the cabin and sailing into the bulkhead.

"You damn well better take your leave of us as soon as possible!" growled then. "But in the meantime, keep your distance..."

FROM LOBAN:

posted 02-17-2003 01:09 AM
Lo-Ban now felt pain in only one temple...
And, that was due to the impact on the bulkhead... a single thread of blood ran down the side of his face to prove it...

He shook his head, knocking the cobwebs out...

"..thank you..." he muttered under his breath, as he charged Erik... landing a clean blow between his fist and Erik's gut...

Lo-Ban drew back for another blow, this one connecting with Erik's left temple... which was in perfect view considering Erik's crumpled position.... Lo-Ban sized up the swing, taking a look back at his closed fist he smiled in complete satisfaction...

He had back whatever it was he was missing...

The closeness between he and Shayla was all he needed to take upon her rather strong emotions...

It was now Erik banged up against the bulkhead, Lo-Ban waiting for what would transpire next...

He had his nerve back...

[ 04-14-2003 10:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-17-2003 12:24 PM    
Even as Loban stared at his fist, a disturbingly satisfied smirk upon his face, a thousand thoughts seemed to whirl through Shayla’s mind in but a second. Out of the corner of her eye she clearly saw Erik, somewhat dazed but very much ticked off, preparing to retaliate despite his new injuries...

Injuries Loban had caused...

Things seemed to be spiraling into a certain sort of de ja vu, and this greatly disturbed Shayla. For the last time Loban had attacked, he had been virtually unstoppable. And though all traces of that evil planted inside him were taken, here he was, acting out in anger once more. Shayla had had enough, but she also clearly recalled that Loban had appeared to be feeding off her and Erik’s defenses the last time this had happened...

Shayla stretched out via a Force-link with her husband, who clearly intended to land another punch. Don’t, she warned.

Still quasi-doubled over, Erik shot a concerned and questioning look in her direction, but complied. Shayla then turned a pair of very hurt eyes in Loban’s direction, memories again taking hold. Shayla couldn’t help be feel threatened by Loban Kenobi, couldn’t help but be concerned about those surrounding her if he continued to spiral further downward.

For someone who professed to love her, he sure didn’t care one whit about how much he hurt her.

Her pain-filled blue-green eyes shifted to that electric blue pair of Loban’s. ”Stop,” she said quietly yet very firmly. ”If this is truly you, Loban, I don’t even know who you are anymore...”

FROM LOBAN

posted 02-17-2003 02:55 PM
Noticing Erik's backlash tuning down, Lo-Ban himself came under control...
But, he would not stay here...

He'd already gotten everything he would ever need from these two...

Tuning Shayla out, he exited the cockpit... giving them their space...

They had run out of their usefulness...

[ 04-14-2003 11:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-17-2003 03:25 PM    
There he was again, framed by my vidscreen, waving his hands just as he did in his prior transmission. Maybe more.

"Sir!" he exclaimed excitedly. "We've managed to tighten the band-width... that sensor ghost out on the edge of our system is a lambda-class shuttle... and Sir--!"

He paused, visibly taking a breath as though the very end of the universe rode upon the next words he was going to say.

"Sir! There's another ship that's joined it... only it's not like anything we've ever encountered before. It's putting out weird signatures; they're off the scale, Sir, and it's just sitting there...."

I had been simply staring into this ensign's features with a modicum of irritation, sighing as he went on about the ghost he was monitoring veritably to death. But that final information he delivered....

That captured my attention. Every lick of it.

A brief chill raced through my body as his words about the off-scale signature readings arrowed into my ears. There weren't any ships in the known universe with signatures like that other than....

My thoughts flashed back to a day so very, very long ago. Lifetimes ago, in fact.

I cut my eyes to where Darra was burbling happily on the floor, playing innocently with her boxi-ball.

I leaned forward, pinning the ensign's eyes with my visor.

"Keep an eye on the situation, Ensign, and I do mean watch it like a hawk! I'm holding you personally responsible for all information regarding that so-called ghost, and the strange ship as well. You let me know the minute either one so much as burps!"

The ensign's chest puffed visibly, and his eyes glittered in pride. "Yes, Sir!" he replied smartly, then closed the connection.

I sat a moment, my gauntleted hand poised over my personal console. Then I got to my feet, ripping off my helmet and gloves in one savage motion. In but a few strides I was over my daughter; she turned her wideset blue eyes up to me, swaying there on her bottom on the floor, a little bit of spit drooling from her pouty little lips.

I bent down and swooped her into my arms, cradling her to my armored chest, my cheek laid against the soft fluff of her bright hair.

"No one's gonna come get you, darlin'," I promised her, moving my head slightly to kiss her head. "Daddy's gonna keep you safe, that's a promise you can take as sure as there's Treasure on Roon!"

With that I hurried into the den I had converted into a nursery, and dressed Darra in her little coat and hat. Then replacing my helmet and gloves on my person, I left my apartment, and took my daughter out into the world of Coruscant.

I was heading for Imperial HQ, and Darra was coming with me. Rules and regulations be damned.

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 02-17-2003 10:40 PM    
Inside the cabin of the Raptor, Jasyn Lancaster was having a ”Run like hell before you get involved with these peeps” moment. He was well aware that the warship had arrived, but the fact that someone from there hadn’t contacted him first was unnerving him. Hell, the fact that Coruscant was so damn close was unnerving him...

He shifted his gaze from that of the warship in the viewport to Malf, who was sitting busily eating something. Jasyn hoped that something wasn’t anything important that he might need later...

He jerked his broody browns back to the viewport.

This was for Terrin and Galen and Darra... he reminded himself.

Biting his lip for but a moment, he then reached out and slammed a hand on the comm unit aboard the Raptor, opening a secured frequency to the warship. He was hesitant to even identify himself.

Kriffing hell, he thought irritably, WHY did you agree to meet THIS CLOSE to Coruscant?

The answer came in a flash. Because you’re a distrusting nerfherder, like everyone else who works for EE.

He decided Shayla Kartan could figure out who he was for herself. ”Well?” was the only word he shot across the frequency. Then he fell silent and waited for a reply...

...rather impatiently.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-17-2003 10:50 PM    
Jasyn’s strange and rather short comm was the only thing that drew Shayla’s attention away from her husband and Loban Kenobi’s departing back. Shoving any emotions she might be feeling to the side then, she reached for the comm as Erik took a seat. “I’m on it right now,” she said in reply, clearly understanding that Jasyn was prompting her to get on with things.

She promptly switch her frequency to something more public, something that the blockade of Imperial ships could most certainly pick up. “This is Shayla Stargazer Kartan,” she said calmly, no trace of emotion in her words. “I’d like to request a meeting with Sorben Tarnus concerning his daughter...

...and the Sith.

She paused then and simply waited, hoping that her words would be enough to attract someone’s attention, and indeed enough to warrant the immediate attention of Tarnus himself...

[ 02-17-2003 10:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-18-2003 02:02 PM    
I entered Central Command with a rosy-cheeked Darra in my arms -- yes, I could have traveled with her via an assortment of flitters, tunnelcars and skyway transports, but I always thought fresh air was good for people, even of the type Coruscant boasted, and had chosen to take her along an open-air walkway the final mile to headquarters. I marveled again at the knowledge that, although Imperial City was in the dead of winter at the moment, due to the incredible heat island effect of its gigantic city-mass the temperatures outside were that of a brisk autumn's day.

Just crisp enough to redden one's nose and to get one's blood singing....

All thought of such was promptly dismissed as I entered the command center. Everyone seemed to be operating under a peculiar state of controlled anxiety, everyone that is except Ensign Excitable, who was jittering in his seat, muttering as he assailed the console before him with a finger that kept a particular control under constant attack. I grunted a bit, and handed Darra to an aide who appeared like magic beside me. He took her somewhere in the recesses of this hive of activity, and I walked up to the fidgeting young man.

"I'm here," I stated brusquely, reaching a gloved hand over his shoulder and closing the communication he was trying to open with me. I looked at my gauntlet with a guilty start; I had closed off the receiver as I had travelled here with Darra, wanting just one more slight bit of peaceful time with her without any transmissions or cries for help or questions or dire announcements to break that peace. Khaandon knew we probably weren't going to have peace for some time, judging from the look on the ensign's face as he swiveled his chair round, eyes wide, then leapt to his feet.

"Sir!" he cried, saluting and coming to stiff attention. A lieutenant lingering over yet another ensign's progress turned his rolling eyes toward me, then puffed himself up and approached me as well.

"Sir, we've been receiving a transmission from an unknown ship," he said smoothly, interrupting before the ensign could report to me himself. "It--"

I cut him off with a swift rise of my fist, one finger pointed to the ceiling. "I believe that is this soldier's duty, Lieutenant," I interjected, giving him a brief glance then turning back to the young man. The lieutenant tilted his head, then returned to his place. I leaned a little bit forward.

"Replay that transmission now, if you will, Ensign," I ordered. He saluted, whirled, and promptly complied.

It took every bit of self-control I possessed to remain as though completely unaffected by the words which now came into my ears. But I had not been the Top Gun Hunter of the Tavlorean Guild for nothing; the roiling feelings and memories which blasted into my gut as Shayla Stargazer's voice broke our suddenly expectant silence remained hidden away, locked firmly away from expression by rigidly held muscular control which kept me still as a statue.

Perhaps too still. With a start, I realized the ensign was speaking.

"Shall I reply to her, Sir?" he questioned, his eyes bright and eager. "She sounds a little worried; shall I let her know Darra is safe here, Sir?" A flicker of a smile came along with that last query; everyone in CHQ knew Darra, and had been won over completely by her innocent charm.

"Negative, Ensign," I finally replied, now standing upright in thought.

She's fishing, was the first thing which flashed through my mind. She and her Sith pals haven't a clue as to where Darra is, and its obvious they want her back. They've been after her so long... they must have finally realized she's alive, and have sent this one out on the hunt for her. Only--

Only why wasn't she using this weird power the Sith seemed to possess? Could it be she herself didn't have that power, and those who possessed it weren't with her... or perhaps it wasn't quite as powerful as they deemed it was.

Probably all the above, I concluded with a slight nod. They sure as hell seemed able to pop in and out of places at the drop of a pin, but finding people in particular....

"Transmit the following, Ensign," I said suddenly, now crossing my arms. The young officer nodded with a quietly uttered, "Sir!" and turned to open a line.

"'We are aware of the situation, and have everything under control to our satisfaction. Any information as to the whereabouts of Lt. General Tarnus's daughter is to be transmitted immediately, along with what other information in possession pertinent to said child and situation.

"The Empire thanks you for your assistance. Please send reply signatures in the event that further contact with you is necessary.

"That is all. Imperial Command Center, out.'

"Then close the connection, ensign." I reared back a little, my eyes narrowing behind my visor.

"Let's just see what fish come swimming in our pond now."

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR

posted 02-18-2003 04:24 PM
The Ensign's duty was to stay at his post, and await whatever reply was soon to come from this Shayla Stargazer Kartan...
Edgar new his duties well, although, this did not prevent his mind from wandering...

He was up for promotion this next coming quarter, and he couldn't help but think how the great Sorben Tarnus could help him achieve such...

But, this matter would have to wait, as the eccentric Ensign sat in anticipation...

Beaming with pride, as Sorben stood near by...

They don't call him "Eager" Edgar for nothing...

[ 04-14-2003 11:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-19-2003 12:27 AM    
"Aware of the situation"...? Shayla thought, frowning. The situation concerns a baby girl, not a tactical move or political dispute!

Something’s not quite right here...

Still, Shayla figured she’d be open and honest, since that was her intention all along. “Lt. General Tarnus’s daughter is being held on Kamino. It is urgent that she is taken from there and returned to her mother...

...but convincing Kaminoan authorities to release her is going to take some authority that I don’t have,” Shayla said honestly, "And I knew that the Lt. General would want to know about this and take action."

With that and the transmission of her reply signature, Shayla then fell silent, wondering what the Empire...

...and Sorben Tarnus...

...might reply now.

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR:

posted 02-19-2003 12:46 AM
The young junior officer's day dream was interrupted by another communica from the stubborn woman....

He knew the Lt. General would be hovering near by... Edgar jumped up from his station... his arms cupped and at his sides, chest pronounced, his head facing forward... he called for his superior with the proverbial Sir!

[ 04-14-2003 11:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-19-2003 01:01 AM    
Urgent that the child be taken from Kamino and returned to her... mother?!

Though I was bridling at the implications in that statement, once again I managed to hide any hint of emotion from my demeanor. I just glowered daggers at the vid-screen, which was showing a distant greeny-golden speck somehow difficult to look upon....

Then I became aware of the eager ensign standing at attention yet again, fairly radiating spit-polish shine from every pore. My initial fury lightened a bit, and I nodded to him, my visor aimed straight into his earnest brown eyes.

"Repeat our thanks for the information, and let Ms. Stargazer-Kartan know that it is most appreciated. The Empire will be in contact with her if further information is necessary. Yadda, yadda, yadda.... Empire out."

I nodded then, turning to the aide who whispered to my side, holding my daughter out to me. I took her into the protective shelter of my arms, murmuring little utterances under my breath before turning back to the screen.

Turn my child over to her mother indeed....

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR:

posted 02-19-2003 01:13 AM
"Sir!"
Edgar saluted, about faced, took his seat once again and sent the transmission exactly as Sorben had instructed him to...

Aside from the yadda, yadda, yadda...

This woman better not ruin the General's gracious mood...

[ 04-14-2003 11:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-22-2003 12:17 AM    
Shayla frowned at the comm for a few more moments, then turned to eye Erik.

"Looks like they'll take care of it..." he said quietly, shrugging.

Shayla nodded a bit half-heartedly, her look still distant.

"What's the matter?" Erik questioned.

She pursed her lips. "I don't know, I've just got a funny feeling about this, like they aren't telling us everything."

"But they clearly aren't interested in our help," Erik pointed out.

Again, Shayla nodded a bit distantly. "Well, there's only one thing we can do to make sure this is taken care of," she said.

Erik cocked a brow as if to ask exactly what.

"We'll have to try to get to Kamino ourselves, and try to be diplomatic...and very convincing...

...but first we have a date to keep on Chandrilla."

As Shayla turned to key in some things on the navboard then, Erik directed one final question at her.

"So, what if we get to Kamino and Darra has already been taken? How do we know that the right people have come for her, and that she's been returned to her mother at all?"

"Then we'll take it from there," Shayla said frankly. Then she turned to the navboard once more, and keyed in the frequency for the Raptor to fill in Jasyn Lancaster on all that had progressed...

[ 02-22-2003 12:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

The Empire

posted 02-22-2003 05:57 PM    
((OOC: Incoming transmission from Relentless in the Shall We Dance? thread in the "Sith/Jedi" forums, where Captain Landarian his fleet have just entered into Khar Delban space....))

"Sir!" the science officer whirled at his station, his eyes wide. "I'm picking up lifesigns, sir... a-- a great many lifesigns; in fact, Sir--"

The young lieutenant paused, his eyes wide in surprise. Then he pulled the tiny receiver from his ear, played a tune on his console, read a screen.

"Both planets are fully colonized, er-- that is, I'm reading maybe populations in the numbers of tens of billions. Sir."

He fell silent, staring at his Commander.

Populated?! Captain Landarian's proverbial jaw dropped at this unexpected announcement, but he didn't let a lick of his surprise show on his features. He simply nodded.

"Very good, Lieutenant," he said smoothly. Then he turned to his communications officer. "Send data to Coruscant, and inform Lt. General Tarnus of the situation...."

[ 02-27-2003 12:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-22-2003 06:29 PM    
A veritable waterfall of ice coursed through my veins as I sat in my ready room, staring at the strained features of Relentless's communication officer.

Populated? Oh Great Khaandon's Ghost, they did it, they really did it....

Behind the black lenses of my helmet, my icy blues cut to where Darra was crawling about on her hands and knees, poking with interest into whatever small nook or cranny she could find at her level in the somewhat sterile surroundings of my ready room. I pursed my lips in thought; then realized the officer was awaiting a reply.

I drew in a breath.

Here we go....

"Maintain station-keeping until I can get a backup freed to assist you," I ordered. "Remain on battle alert; the situation may be deceivingly quiet, but your circumstances are in level red danger."

I paused, frowning, then let that frown carry over into my demeanor as I creaked forward on my elbows, my hands clasped on the desk in front of me. "Secure link to Captain Landarian," I snapped, waited a few moments, then let out a sigh when his rugged features filled my screen. I interrupted his formalities with a lift of my finger.

"Captain, I cannot stress enough the danger of your current situation... nor can I stress the need that absolute top secret silence is maintained. Not one whisper of your discovery must be let loose from your ships, Captain; I tell you this just short of ordering your entire fleet destroyed to assure that silence."

Landarian's eyes widened fractionally, then he nodded in affirmation. I nodded in return.

"Good," I said. "Then we do understand each other. Maintain watch until backup arrives, and under no circumstances do anything to reveal your presence there. It is of strictest importance that your situation be strictly contained as is for as long as possible.

"Keep me informed. Tarnus out."

I sat back with a puff of exhaled breath, my mind whirling. Then my eyes widened as it whirled back to the words spoken by Ms Stargazer-Kartan.

Something about the Sith....

I exploded from my seat, swept Darra into my arms, and returned to Central Command.

"Ensign!" I barked as I entered the room, ignoring the aide who materialized to once again take Darra from me. "Contact Ms. Stargazer-Kartan; it would appear there is something of which we have need to discuss further.

"Battle Co-ordinator!"

A grizzled colonel whirled at his station, then leapt to his feet. I waved away his salute. "Find as many loose ships and patrolling fleets as you can. Direct them... here." I strode to the sector map, pointing to a position on the edge of the Mid Rim midway between Kati'Shyk and Kyrik.

"Their orders are to assemble there and maintain red alert until further notice. I shall be in my ready room in the event there are any returning transmissions. That is all."

I then fell silent, cradling Darra to me, and watched as the CC burst into a hive of activity once again. Then I returned to my ready room to await the transmission I knew would be coming, sure as there's Treasure on Roon....

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR;

posted 02-22-2003 07:17 PM
Edgar was mid way through his first security meeting as General of the Imperial Armies, when out of no where someone with authority nearly scared the bajesus out of him...
Fear is not an acceptible trait for future Generals, Edgar shook it off and came to the position of attention...

Sorben exited Central Command as bluntly as he had entered...

Edgar quickly gathered himself, and took his post...

He relayed Shayla's reply signature into his board...

"Ms. Stargazer-Kartan, further information pertaining to General Tarnus's daughter is necessary... the Empire appreciates any and all assistance, Imperial Command Center awaiting transmission..."

Edgar played it by the book, but somehow he knew he'd have to go the extra mile to keep the attention of the Lt. General...

[ 04-14-2003 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-22-2003 09:47 PM    
Shayla's brow shot up in surprise at the sudden comm-transmission which interrupted her preparations to contact Jasyn Lancaster.

What the...?

Was that guy transmitting for Tarnus a bit...edgy, or was that her imagination...?

Still, Shayla saw absolutely no reason to not reply. After all, what use would ignoring the comm serve but to further raise any suspicions?

"This is Shayla Stargazer-Kartan," she replied then across a secured frequency, "How may I help you?"

Then she fell silent for but a moment and began to wait, only briefly breaking that waiting silence when she at last decided to open one more secured frequency and inform Jasyn Lancaster of everything that had transpired thusfar...

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 02-22-2003 10:00 PM    
Jasyn nearly hit the roof when Shayla's tale of what had transpired crackled through his comm unit, as well as the news that Tarnus had suddenly asked for more information. Every suspicious bone in his body was screaming for attention as he recalled his stay with Terrin back in that Imperial prison, as he recalled how time after time Actar had gone after Galen, seeming to be overly interested in her and the baby...

And now they knew exactly where she was...

...and suddenly were demanding MORE INFORMATION?

Kriffing hell, this was just ALL WRONG...

Jasyn slammed a finger down on the reply button, opening a secured frequency. "We've gotta get to Kamino, now," he said.

Shayla replied in the negative, muttering something about diplomacy and the appearances of running...

...Jasyn didn't really hear her.

"And what about Terrin?" he asked instead suddenly, drawing shocked silence from Ms. Kartan.

"Mr. Lancaster..." she then hesitated, "There's...nothing I can do for him right now, not with things with the Sith in such question."

The words fell dead in the cabin. Jasyn's browns simply defocused, and something in them simply faded into total hopelessness. Moments passed into awkward dead-silence. If any other words wafted through the comm unit, Jasyn didn't even hear them.

At length, however, he finally gulped, punching the reply button once more. "Well," he said a bit distantly, his own voice sounding hollow to even himself, "Thanks for nothing, Ms. Kartan...

...I'll take it from here."

If Shayla replied, the reply fell on deaf ears and an even deafer comm frequency, one which Jasyn snapped closed with the punch of his right hand. In another moment, he plotted a rather familiar hyperspace vector and sat in the pilot's seat, shooting an apologetic...

...yet somewhat vague...

...look in Malf's direction. "Hang in there buddy, I never was much of a pilot, unfortunately," he quipped half-heartedly.

Then he fell into silence once more, staring out towards the Sith warship which loomed like a curse out there in the space before him. He jerked his eyes from the scene, and pulled the hyperspace lever...

...and the sky before them exploded into the starlines of hyperspace...

(((OCC: Follow Jasyn and Malf to Thusfar the Miles are Measured in the CSWU, thank you.)))

[ 02-23-2003 11:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-22-2003 10:47 PM    
I rapped my fingers in consecutive order atop my desk, smiling a bit at the alacrity with which Ms Kartan responded to our unexpected hail. For a moment I thought of answering her directly; then I flicked open a channel to the young ensign who had been handling this matter for me.

"Relay to Ms. Stargazer Kartan that the Empire... requests personal audience with her. Send a shuttle to pick her up, and transport her to the Destroyer, Catalytic, which is in orbit about Coruscant. She shall be expected there; notify them of this asap, Ensign."

I flicked the channel closed, then took Darra once again and headed out of my ready room. As expected, I was met by my faithful aide; I handed Darra over with a small sigh.

"Take good care of her in my absence," I stated flatly, giving Darra's tiny nose a gentle tweak with my gloved finger. "I won't be gone long."

With that I turned on my heel and headed for the transports, to be taken to the personal landing pad where I had left Ransacker.

Moments afterward, I received my clearance vector, and was soon en route on the short hop to where Catalytic loomed...

...and where I hoped to find some answers to some questions that were beginning to stew about in my head.

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR

posted 02-22-2003 11:34 PM
"Ms. Stargazer-Kartan, the Empire requests personal audience with you aboard the Destroyer, Catalytic, which is in orbit about Coruscant.... A transport will rendezvous with you at these coordinates... you are expected, do not disappoint... Imperial Command Center out..."

Edgar closed the connection, hoping this would be the last of this problematic woman... and, perhaps then he could approach the Lt. General with a much more important matter, that being the greatest word in the English language:

Promotion...

[ 04-14-2003 11:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-22-2003 11:44 PM    
Shayla nodded once in understanding as if anyone could really see the reply. Then she turned her greeny-blues into a really concerned pair of browns belonging to her husband. "You've gotta stay and watch the ship," she said simply, raising a hand to gently call off any rebuttals. "I'll be back shortly."

Erik shifted a concerned gaze to the viewport, where only moments before the Raptor had blasted off into hyperspace. "You sure about this?" he queried then, clearly concerned regardless of her reassurance.

"It'll be allright," Shayla promised, leaning over and kissing him softly. "I'll be back."

Then she turned on her heel and headed for the cargo bay of the warship, wanting to be ready and waiting when the transport ship arrived to take her to the star destroyer. After all, this ship wasn't open as a tourist attraction...

[ 02-22-2003 11:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-23-2003 12:25 AM    
I disembarked from Ransacker amidst a sputtering cloud of venting gases and vapors, striding from beneath her belly and onto the deck of Catalytic's hangar bay after a short and uneventful trip there. At the end of my gangplank, a retinue of honor guards sent by her captain, Commander Sarantogo, waited my approach. As I drew abreast of them they whirled as a unit, dispersing themselves about me in protective military precision. Comfortably ensconced thus, we moved out from the hangar to where Commander Sarantogo waited for me.

We exchanged pleasantries, then at my request he showed me to his private ready room. I nodded at the roominess of it; no need for Ms. Kartan to feel trapped during her visit. I only had to make a few requests, which the Commander saw were immediately carried out, and with alacrity. Indeed, I had no sooner entered the ready room and had seated myself there when a group of aides marched in, laden with drinks and other refreshments. These they placed upon the shining greelwood table, then backed off to become invisible against the wall.

I gave them a look they felt as well as saw, even through the enigmatic lenses of my visor. Saluting in reply, they departed, leaving me alone with the bounty they had brought.

I didn't have to wait long.

I had just helped myself to some Kashyykk greenleaf tea, when the door whooshed open like a breath of a sigh. Framed in the doorway was the slight figure of Ms. Stargazer-Kartan. She seemed to hesitate; I arose, and waved a gallant hand.

"If you would be so kind as to join me, Ms. Kartan," I said graciously, then moving to seat her as a true gentleman would. Scooting her chair up, I returned to my own seat, and picked up the pot from which I had poured my cup.

"Tea, Ms. Kartan?" I asked, falling silent then to let her assess the situation before she replied.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-23-2003 12:41 AM    
Shayla directed her greeny-blues right into that enigmatic visor that hid Sorben Tarnus's face as if it were the most natural thing she'd ever seen in her life, completely in control and calm. "Yes, thank you," she replied then, somehow sensing something akin to concern in the bounty hunter, though she most certainly couldn't be sure why.

Wonder if whomever replied to my original comm message waited til AFTER the fact to tell Mr. Tarnus of about it...?

...or was there something else?

Shayla was no idiot. She wasn't going to randomly pass along information til she knew exactly what information was truly being sought. "What is it you need to know?" she asked completely openly, directing her greeny-blues towards him once more.

[ 02-23-2003 12:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-23-2003 01:09 AM    
I almost laughed aloud at the bravado Ms. Kartan wore like a defense against a universe entirely too large for her.

And quite possibly for all of us. That dark thought followed on the heels of the former, completely unbidden but acting in representation of the growing concern I was probably blasting from every pore, Mandalorian armor or no.

Remember, she's a jedi... and one who hangs out with....

I stopped abruptly with that, and finished pouring her tea. Then I moved to my seat, set the pot carefully upon the table, and grasped my chair by its back. I remained standing, leaning ominously over it, staring her right in her eyes.

"Let's refrain from further amenities, Ms. Kartan," I began brusquely. "I'll get directly down to why I have sent for you."

I paused, considering how I wanted to place the words I wanted to speak. Such things had to be undertaken... delicately.

"That's quite a ship you're going about in, Ms. Kartan," I began in apparent non sequiteur. "I see you are still associating with certain individuals we both have been acquainted with, in one manner or another, certain individuals living on certain worlds...

"Certain worlds now seeming to be supporting a thriving population...."

I trailed off, my brows lowering behind my visor, keeping those lenses pinned to her eyes. For a long moment I just stood there, oozing Empire and Imperial intent from every pore.

Then I sighed and took my seat. I clasped my hands on the tabletop, leaning forward, completely earnest now.

"I am aware that the Sith have returned, Ms. Kartan," I said in a low voice. "And we both know I am aware of your association with them.

"I need to know what the galaxy is up against, Ms. Kartan. Do they all command that strange power wielded by the certain few known to the both of us? What are their intentions? Do they plan to live peaceably in the time into which they have come forward, or do they have thoughts of conquest?

"Ms. Kartan." I paused, placing my drinking straw in my tea, and taking a carefully orchestrated sip. I put the cup down as if it were the most fragile thing in the universe.

"The Empire is powerful, more powerful than you might think. We need to know how to approach these newcomers... with open arms, or armed for warfare.

"Perhaps the steps we take may hinge on the words you reply, Ms. Kartan, so think carefully. And may I remind you of your inherent... humanity, before you answer."

I ground to a halt with that and leaned back in my chair. A tantalizing h'or d'eourve caught my eye; with determined ease I reached out and took it into my gloved hand. Then I stuck it up under my helmet, and waited to hear what she would have to say.

[ 02-23-2003 01:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-23-2003 04:42 PM    
A thousand and one thoughts blasted through Shayla’s mind with the words Sorben Tarnus spoke, and for a long moment she didn’t say so much as a peep in reply, nor did she ooze one speck of any outward emotion whatsoever.

“No, not all the Sith have the power that Graysith and certain others possess,” she answered, allaying that concern immediately. Nevermind the fact that they could most certainly possess it in time, but at this moment they did not. Then, “As far as conquest, I don’t even think all of the Sith realize they’ve been brought forward in time yet. To them it’s just another day, four thousand years ago.

“The key lies in the Sith leadership,” she then said, pausing at that and perhaps for the first time hesitating, uncertain as to the words she would have to speak next. For although Graysith had spoken of deception she’d learned of, deception she had to have learned of from Roan, Shayla was far from ready to trust him either.

So then who? Was she ready to believe that, based on something she didn’t entirely understand, Roan was the “good guy” and Aelvedaar the “bad” one?

Shayla pursed her lips thoughtfully. “Things have seemingly changed from what they were when we were back in Prinn’chatka. There are certain things which may indicate that Lord Aelvedaar wishes to have the Sith to himself...

...but then I’m far from trusting Ankrist Roan on any account after all the things he’s done and after the way in which he tends to view those under himself.”

She paused at that and took another sip of her tea. She didn’t know if she’d answered the questions which had been presented to her or not...

...but she certainly knew she still didn’t even have the answers to those questions for herself.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-23-2003 05:05 PM    
Certain... things indicate that all is not peachy keen dandy in the worlds of the Sith... not all of them aware they have come forth into an unexpected future... Sith leadership in the fire....

My tongue snaked idly back to a tooth in the back of my jaw, probing out a bit of the sweet I had just eaten, all the while my thoughts churned around what Ms. Kartan had so obligingly revealed. Personally, I didn't give a dewback's hind end as to who was running the show in what I was rapidly coming to think of as being the Sith worlds; all I found interest in was the apparent fact that there was indeed trouble in paradise.

There is no time better in which to strike, in which to take dominion over another, than when that other is ripped asunder by internal stress and tension.

But smack on the heels of that came the image of Khar Delba mysteriously... disappearing. I paused and reflected on that for awhile. Then, as Ms. Kartan was certainly willing to cooperate, I continued.

"Tell me of this-- this, whatever it is they have that can make entire planets disappear," I asked in a tone of voice just a shade beneath that of a command. "Who is it that implements such a feat, and how? What happens to the planet, the living things on it, when it's hidden beneath that dark shield. Does such an action destroy all life on the planet? What is that shield?"

Indeed, during my brief -- if intense -- soiree into affairs with the Sith through the connection of my ex-wife, I had seen that shield for myself. I had witnessed firsthand that weird power they seemed to hold; gads, but it almost had killed me. But I needed to take a step up from mysticism into reality if I was to gain true understanding of how to handle what could be seen as a threat to the Empire... if not to the galaxy as a whole.

"And tell me a bit more about the... leadership of the Sith. What politics you know of. In the interests of maintaining appropriate planetary relations, of course."

I reached out and took up a plate of sweets, holding it out to her with the same steadiness that my eyes continued to hold hers.

[ 02-23-2003 05:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-23-2003 10:25 PM    
Shayla was starting to feel that they were entering territory concerning matters that were further than what needed to be revealed. She wasn't quite certain what the interest in the chronotic shield was...

...and she wasn't quite comfortable with the fact things were all starting to sound political, if only vaguely.

After all, politics were deceptive and easily twisted.

Again she wondered if the information the bounty hunter was seeking was just a touch beyond what should be told...

...but then she considered that perhaps the answers to these questions could allay fears...

...or could the answers inadvertantly fuel the fire?

"The power they command to make entire planets disappear is the same which you daughter holds," she answered, once again bringing up a main concern of hers, if vaguely. Besides, this put things into terms that perhaps could be more understandable for the hunter. "The thing that makes a planet disappear is called a chronotic shield, and yes, it can affect the life on the planet if held for an extended amount of time. Few have the control to even do this; in fact Aelvedaar is the only one I know of who can do it relatively easily."

She paused then, pursing her lips to consider something. "It serves as a protective function, and keeps intruders away from the planet in a time of crisis."

Another pause and a bite of a sweet. Then, "As for the leadership of the Sith, it's governed by a triad including Lord Aelvedaar, leader of the Sorceror's clan; Lord Roan, leader of the Warrior's clan; and by one who is leader to a Weaponry clan. I believe they make decisions concerning the Sith as a unit, and I know that they gain their titles through their family lineage. That's about all I know," Shayla admitted.

"I must point out that thusfar the Sith have done absolutely nothing to harm any other members of the galaxy. As one who has associated with them, I have learned that they are no different than any other species or kind in this galaxy. For that reason I beg you to be wary of judging them based on any one particular individual or clan from their race...they are a people of many different varieties as we all are.”

Having said this she fell into silence, waiting to see what else the hunter might have to say or ask.

[ 02-23-2003 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Erik Kartan

posted 02-27-2003 11:02 AM    
FROM LOBAN:

posted 02-26-2003 12:53 PM
Erik, seeming to leave the cockpit in search of him, was no where to be seen as Lo-Ban approached the sith nav board...
Using the force, and as much as his piloting skills would allow... Lo-Ban arbitrarily chose buttons in an attempt to simply leave the Coruscant system...

Eventually, the ship lost itself in hyperspace...

Destination... Sullust...

(((OCC: Follow Erik Kartan and Loban Kenobi to Thusfar the Miles are Measured in the CSWU. Thank you.)))

[ 04-14-2003 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-27-2003 02:38 PM    
"Haven't done anything to harm anyone else in the galaxy...." I repeated her own words, sitting back in my seat and crossing my arms in front of my chest even while I tucked away all the information she had just bled to me. It took every effort I had to keep myself from shaking, to remain as inscrutable in both aspect and emotional response as I possibly could.

Haven't done anything...!

I could bear it no longer. In one swift movement, I was on my feet, the palm of one hand slapping down on the table while my other hand fisted itself, shooting an index finger accusingly in a direct line with Shayla's nose. I tilted my head a bit to one side, gathering my senses before finally forcing down that blind rage which had assaulted me, enabling myself to finally hiss out a purely reflexive disclosure.

"Then what was my daughter doing on Kamino, Ms. Kartan?" I seethed at a constrained boil. "Indeed, she had been taken there by the one called Lord Roan; what was he planning to do with her? Why in the name of Khaandon have the Sith been out after my wife-- my ex-wife, that is, and my daughter, for as long as I have known that they are indeed more than myth or legend?

"What is it about them that is so damned important to the Sith? Tell me, Ms. Kartan! You are one of them yourself!"

The finger I was pointing disappeared from view as I now clenched that hand, slamming it down on the table. There it slowly loosened, joining its companion in supporting my weight, which was still leaning menacingly forward. Taking a deep breath, I straightened a bit, and let time stretch outward while I considered. I then continued in a somewhat more controlled voice.

"Enough game-playing has been afoot, Ms. Kartan," I finally said, reseating myself as I did so. "And the line will be drawn here. As I mentioned, the Empire is powerful, more powerful than most realize. We prefer to keep a low profile as to our true strengths; we do not wish to repeat the fiasco of Palpatine and his Imperial forces, and indeed there are better methods in gaining and keeping a foothold in the political universe.

"But this is not of concern to you, Ms. Kartan. What is of greater interest to you is the fact that we have more than enough power to easily protect ourselves... and my daughter. Yes, as you undoubtedly have deduced by now, she is indeed quite safe with me -- her true, biological father! -- in Imperial City, and there she shall stay to be brought up under the auspices of the Empire. Her life and future will be a far more stable, rewarding one than the one she would live with her mother, on a constant exodus from forces coming after them both, and from all directions."

I settled back against my seat, took a careful sip of my tea, set the cup down gently and laid my gloved hands on the tabletop once again.

"And now, Ms. Kartan, tell me indeed what it is you have been sent here to disclose... and why."

[ 02-27-2003 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 02-27-2003 07:09 PM    
Shayla’s greeny-bues where inscrutably calm. Inscrutable, and very much to the contrary of how she was really feeling at the moment. The only evidence of the anger which was beginning to flicker within her was the fact that she was pursing her lips...

...and hard. “I have been sent here to disclose nothing more to you,” she said quite flatly. “ I chose to come here because I didn’t have the authority to take your daughter back from Kamino, where I believed she was at the time. I came here because Galen believes her daughter is still dead, and the only way she’ll believe otherwise is if Darra is returned to her...”

She paused as reality slammed in to her. “.and I came here because I don’t know which Sith to trust anymore and need answers for myself.”

She fell silent with that, her greeny-blues defocusing a bit as memories swam into her mind and her heart along with unanswered questions. And it was then that Erik’s warning niggled into her mind. Shayla had to fight with everything in her to remain calm. Then she looked to Sorben Tarnus once more. “I plan to get those answers which we may all need, but that requires me to make it out of here in one piece...”

“...and my ship and my husband are both currently in serious trouble. I beg that you allow me to leave before matters become worse, and I promise that I will relate to you the truth of the Sith, once I find it. For the moment that’s all I can disclose to you, Lt. General,” she finished.

But then one final point wormed its way into Shayla’s brain. “And by the way, you should be warned that no matter how safe you think it is here your daughter is still at risk. She’s the only human who inherently has the power the Sith hold...

...and Galen Danner is the only human aside from Graysith who can have children with that inherent power...”

So does that mean that Aelvedaar was trying to protect them from Roan back in Prinn’chatka as he said, or does it mean he was trying to keep them for himself...

...or worse...?

Shayla didn’t frown, but she would have liked to. “If anything it’s important you allow me to go free to find the truth about the Sith for them, Lt. General. I have a source who might assist me in finding those answers...

...but it’ll require that I go now, or else I’ll miss him.”

With that she fell silent then, and waited to see just what Sorben Tarnus would choose to do.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 02-27-2003 10:35 PM    
It was all I could do to refrain from laughing aloud.

As if Darra would be safe with her mother, running from one thing or another, and by Ms. Kartan's very admission possibly from the Sith themselves.

The curl of my lips changed to a near sneer beneath my helmet, and for a long moment I merely looked at where this young woman was sitting, so obviously trying to figure out the situation herself.

Or at least, that was the impression she appeared trying to give.

I rose abruptly to my feet, flicking a padd on my gauntlet. At the far end of the room, a door oiled open, revealing the sturdy form of two orderlies who stood at rigid attention, waiting.

I nodded to Ms. Kartan.

"Thank you for the information you have divulged so far," I said as I stood there, now nodding to the two men. They came forward as a unit, and came to a halt behind her chair, one on either side of her. Both of them stood there stiffly, awaiting a signal. I nodded, and they each took hold of one of Ms. Kartan's arms.

"The information you have divulged will be analyzed. In the meantime, the Empire would be honored if you would remain here as its... guest."

I nodded again, and in no time Shayla was on her feet in the grasp of the two orderlies. The nodded a salute in my direction, then turned and left, taking her with them. I remained in standing silence for a good quarter hour, my eyes vague behind my helmet, my thoughts whirling ferociously, before I finally allowed my knees to bend and lower me to my seat again.

If the only way that Galen would believe Darra is still alive is by actually seeing her...

...then she ought not to have run off from me when she did.

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR:

posted 03-02-2003 11:45 PM
Edgar's alarm blazed on, as he stumbled out of bed...
Grabbing his rank insignia and cover, he jumped into the Imperial Military Hovertaxi... which was waiting for his prompt arrival, beginning of his shift a mere 12 minutes away...

Edgar approached the security check into Coruscant's Imperial Command Center with 30 seconds to spare...

Saluting the officer on deck, he passed by the room fashioned for Darra's care, on his way to his post... and, yet again, no one was watching her...

This would not do, yet he must relieve the officer at his post before anything else...

Like always, Edgar approached his post right on time...

At his post was a midshipman, lowest officer rank in the Imperial military...

The midshipman stood at attention, saluting Edgar... a sign of respect, even though Edgar had no real authority over this low ranking officer...

Edgar responded with a salute of his own,"At ease, I relieve you..."

A thought then came to Edgar as the midshipman turned to leave...

"Midshipman..." Edgar said... The lower ranking officer turned to face him, hands behind his back...

"I'd like for you to do something for me..."

Edgar requested the naive young officer to bring him the babe of Lt. General Tarnus...

"That's an order, midshipman..."

Sir!

They again exchanged salutes, Edgar took his post as the midshipman took to his new appointed duty...

Moments later Darra was sitting in Edgar's lap...

His other duties could wait, he would watch the babe for now...

Ensign's prerogative...

[ 04-14-2003 11:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 03-03-2003 12:35 AM    
As the orderlies carted off Shayla like a regular prisoner, she wondered just what sort of hospitality she was about to receive. All the while something inside her was beginning to ignite in hot anger.

She'd come here in open honesty, willingly, answering all questions presented to her...

...only to then be treated as a prisoner rather than a possible ally?!

It was then that Shayla made a decision. She'd completed one of two objectives for this trip to Coruscant: that being to speak with Sorben Tarnus about the possible dangers lurking in the Sith worlds. But there remained the matter of one little baby girl, one little baby girl whose mother thought that she was dead...

...and who was somewhere here or on Coruscant, in Imperial hands.

Shayla wasn't heartless, not by a long shot. She knew she'd have to draw a line right here, a line between keeping in the good graces of a possible ally or possibly bringing some joy back to someone who had suffered much heartache...

Shayla knew something of what it was to believe you'd lost your child. The line was drawn HERE. Too many people were so damned concerned about politics to see the small things that really mattered...

Shayla waited until they reached a corridor of the Star destroyer with a very low population. Then, quietly and rather effortlessly, Shayla reached out with those Force powers she posessed to the two orderlies, stretching out into their limbic systems in much the same manner as she had done with Galen on Sullust. Almost immediately the two fell in unconsciousness to the floor, and Shayla masked her presence in the Force, slipping into the corner of a corridor and waiting til a conveniently short TIE pilot walked by her, probably just getting off-shift. He’d just taken off his headgear when he too fell limp to the ground, suddenly unconscious once again via Shayla’s powers in the Force. Shayla dragged the TIE-pilot into an empty cargo room nearby, appropriated his pilotsuit and Imperial ID, and then hurried for the main docking bay and claimed a TIE under the said pilot’s ID. The moment she got inside the fighter and warmed her engines, Shayla was off into the skies, her mind set with a determination of steel to accomplish her intended goal...

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-03-2003 01:21 AM    
Beneath the masking visor of my helmet I was simply smoldering. I stalked through the corridors of the Catalytic like an angry reek, only probably a touch angrier and way deadlier. It was a good thing that the two orderlies had adhered to their orders to allow themselves to be overcome by that infernal woman's damned jedi force usage -- did she really expect I would send anything other than Reborns to escort her? -- or they'd have been at the brunt of that growing anger even now.

Then again, it really hadn't been so much the fact that Ms. Kartan had tried to slip those orderlies the proverbial jedi-mickey, stolen a TIE and run away, for indeed I had expected this. It was rather that I had wanted to be wrong in my hunch about her, but had only been proven right in my assessment. Again, another reason that the orderlies got off as cleanly as they had in the matter... and why my anger was growing in leaps and bounds.

I entered the hangar bay to the sound of feet hitting the deck. The Officer on Deck rushed up, handing me departure papers and assuring me the vector was laid in practically to my landing pad back in Imperial City. I just waved him off, and continued heading toward Ransacker when footsteps sounded behind me and a hand fell on my shoulder.

It was Captain Sarantogo.

"Sir--" he began in an urgent whisper, then moved closer and murmured in a low tone of voice. He then pulled back, standing rigidly at attention while I contemplated what he had just told me. The only indication of my changing mood was the one gloved hand which suddenly clenched into a fist of steel against my leg, and remained that way. Obviously my mood change was not for the better.

I nodded briskly toward him, pinning his eyes through my darkened lenses. While he couldn't have caught the actual look, he certainly did the intent.

"Yes sir," he said, snapping to a stiff attention and saluting smartly. "You can count on it."

He remained thus even after I returned the salute, turning then and closing the distance to my ship. Moments later I was in space, and not too much longer after that landing in Imperial City. My usual private transport carried me to Command Headquarters, where I marched to the CC, still seeing red.

What I saw when I entered at first didn't lighten my mood. The other hand clenched when I saw Darra sitting on Ensign Edgar's lap, reaching out to play with the various buttons and dials on the console in front of him.

Then I reconsidered, and relaxed. I drew up, lifting my head, my voice ringing out into the command center and sending everyone to their feet.

"Ensign!" I barked, then remained silent. He leaped to attention, a difficult enough feat in itself since he was still holding Darra in his arms. I nodded to him.

"Bring her and come with me!"

I then led the way to my ready room and sat down, waiting for him to enter.

[b]FROM ENSIGN EDGAR:[/i]

posted 03-03-2003 01:31 AM
Although accustom to standing at attention with one hand, or two for that matter, occupied... a babe was an entirely different matter...
Now, cupping the baby with both arms, Edgar entered the ready room post-haste...

He came behind a chair, instinctively fell into the position of attention and waited...

[ 04-14-2003 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-03-2003 02:30 AM    
The young ensign had no sooner come up to my desk and halted in smart attention when I lifted a hand, indicating he relax.

"Stand at ease, trooper," I said, and was rewarded by him loosening his stance by a few degrees. He never lost that ship-shape look about him, nor did he lose his hold on my daughter. Darra didn't seem to mind being with him; quite the contrary, judging by the manner in which she kept reaching out to grasp the lip of his cover in her tiny fingers, or slapped her pudgy hands over and over upon his face.

He didn't so much as bat an eye... and I really liked the look that came into them when she did that. So I got right to the point.

"As of this moment you are hereby promoted in rank to full lieutenant. Furthermore, having gained this rank by the expression of ability of duty and going beyond it, I have decided to assign you as my personal aide."

I paused a moment, studying him. He stiffened to attention again, his eyes lightening up, but didn't go any farther than that, other than a properly delivered, "Sir!"

I leaned forward then, breaking out of military mode for just a fraction of a moment.

"Lieutenant," I began. "Your first duty, and your foremost one, will be seeing to the continued safety and welfare of my daughter. There are certain... factions with whom the Empire must deal, and who, I fear, are trying to take her from us. While the possibility of them actually succeeding in this is really remote, as an added precaution I want you to be in full charge of overseeing my daughter's safety, every moment of the day. And of course, in the course of that day, I may be calling on you to assist in other duties such as an aide might be expected to carry out.

"Is this understood, Lieutenant?"

Ruhatt Luthan

posted 03-03-2003 09:09 AM    
((OOC: From Thus Far The Miles Are Measured in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

"So let me get this straightyuo had a dream about some girl yelling at you with pain and you think its a relative of yours" Ruhatt asked Jebbua.

"Yes, maybe my sister" He answered back.

Ruthan looked at the countdown and when it reached zero he pulled back the hyperspace levers. he stared out into real space looking at Coracasant and waited on traffic control to answer him.

The Empire

posted 03-03-2003 10:40 AM    
Life had degraded into a series of mundane routines for Major Katarr, all revolving around his eight hour stint of duty aboard Catalytic as its prime shift bridge Officer On Deck. If not rising through the ranks as quickly as he would have liked -- ok, so he engaged in a few too many brawls after a few too many off-duty drinking binges, a guy has to pass the time somehow -- he at least found the satisfaction of working his way in a more parallel manner until landing the cushy assignment he now held, all due to his extreme loyalty to the Empire and the unerring ability to perform a great many duties simultaneously, and while not up to his full mental par -- due to the aforementioned drinking binges, perhaps.

And so it was that he merely blinked calmly when an ensign turned to him from his position with a barely controlled look of excitement on his fresh, young face.

"Sir!" he had said, a touch less than breathlessly. "Unidentified vessel approaching, mark zero-two-zero-zero-one, Sir!"

Major Katarr gave the ensign a look that merely asked why, then approached him in a languid manner and stopped behind him. The ensign shifted to the side so his superior officer's line of sight to the console was not impeded. There upon his screen, amidst Imperial characters and gridlines, a little red light flashed.

Major Katarr nodded, and touched a control.

"This is Catalytic to unidentified vessel. You are entering Imperial blockaded space. Stand down and identify yourself, please, and your business in being here."

He fell silent then, waiting, one finger lifting to idly scratch his nose as he did so. He was about to repeat the hail when another light began blinking, signalling an incoming message from CHQ. Without giving much thought he flipped open a secondary channel, still waiting for the unidentified vessel to explain herself.

"This is Command Headquarters," a sharp-looking lieutenant was now saying. Major Katarr turned his head, quietly listening to what the message might contain. "As of time mark immediate we are implementing blockade lockdown. No vessels are to be allowed entry to or egress from Coruscant, per the orders of Lt. Gen. Tarnus. Imperial vessel entry per his direct perusal. Repeat, as of time mark immediate we are implementing blockade lockdown. No vessels --"

Major Katarr merely nodded, acknowledged the incoming order, and closed the connection. He then turned back to the other ship, waiting for her to identify herself before he sent her merrily on her way.

[ 03-03-2003 11:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

Erik Kartan

posted 03-03-2003 01:25 PM    
(((OCC: Continues from Thusfar the Miles are Measured in the CSWU.)))

The Sith warship slid smoothly into realspace a ways from the Coruscant blockade, just far enough to be at a safe distance while at the same time near enough for everything to be somewhat in sight. In the cockpit, Erik Kartan stretched out in the Force to grab that sense that was Shayla...

...only to be alarmed with the fact he couldn't sense her at all. He frowned blackly at this, worry niggling at the edges of his mind. Granted there were many possible explanations for this sudden disappearance, but the fact that the last time Erik Kartan had sensed his wife had been when she was speaking with the Imperials, now only for her to disappear from the Force, had certain...

...implications...

...and ones which Erik didn't particularly like.

He slapped the commlink, opening a general and unsecured frequency. "This is Erik Kartan," he said into the comm, "I'm returning to retrieve my wife--

--who came to you willingly and in complete honesty--!

--and would like to speak with someone who can help me find her."

At that Erik fell silent and waited, a disturbing tremor in the Force eating at him all the while.

The Empire

posted 03-03-2003 02:04 PM    
Major Katarr was in the process of sending a standard hail in return to the rather impertinent transmission when Commander Sarantogo strode on deck. All hands snapped to immediate attention at their stations, then resumed duties as he came forward, a hand raised and leading the way.

"Belay that, Major!" he said sternly, placing a hand on Katarr's arm and halting him before he could actually speak the words which trembled upon his lips. He signaled to the ensign, who much to the young officer's own surprise managed to stifle his growing wonder enough to turn without hesitation, closing the channel entirely.

Commander Sarantogo straightened, piercing the Officer on Deck with meaningful look.

"Orders from the Lt. General," he said in brief explanation; then he glanced quickly around the bridge.

"Maintain silence," he barked succinctly, before turning back to the Major, who was standing at calm attention although undoubtedly curious as to what new developments were in the works. Sarantogo merely nodded to him.

"Come with me," he said briefly, turning then and heading to his ready room. "We have much to talk about."

With that he said no more, but left the bridge, trailing Major Katarr in his wake. Behind him the young ensign blinked, then sat back at his station, his eyes glued to his screen and the little red light which flashed steadily upon it there.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-03-2003 02:23 PM    
It seemed I had barely finished informing young Edgar of his unexpected promotion, and had just settled back comfortably in my chair to await the response I expected to be forthcoming when a light flashed on my gauntlet. I flicked my eyes to a private screen there, where upon an absolutely private and completely unhackable channel a transmission was incoming.

I returned my gaze quickly to Edgar.

"If you would be so good as to see to Darra's needs for the moment, Lieutenant," I said, rising halfway from my seat, my hands splayed on the table in front of me. The newly appointed Lt. Edgar jerked to attention, freed an arm, saluted despite Darra's efforts to grab at that arm, pivoted smartly and departed. The door closed behind him with a barely perceptible whoosh, cutting me off from the rest of CC and allowing me the absolute privacy I needed.

I quietly reached up, removing my helmet and laying it on the table top in front of me. Then I pressed a particular button, and the miniature screen brightened into sudden life, showing the features of a very familiar person I hadn't seen in, oh, quite some time now.

I smiled like a nexu knowing the world where this person was calling from was now among the ranks of those underneath an Imperial blockade, and this one entirely crewed by the most loyal of the Reborn.

"Well, we haven't spoken to each other for awhile now, old friend," I began, leaning back in my seat with a creak of my armor. The fact that he wasn't in any mood to be speaking thus to me now was clearly evident on his face, and my smile became even broader, even more toothy at his expression.

"Perhaps you'd like to discuss terms which might, ahhh... set you free from Imperial blockade?"

He scowled, actually looking down for a moment as if in contemplation. But when he raised his eyes, it was with a certain bit of defeat shining sadly from them.

I put aside all feelings in the matter and pressed him with my demands. Needless to say, he acquiesced.

In under an hour I was aboard a deep-space high velocity shuttle, complete with full escort, arrowing my way to my destination. At the speed in which I was travelling, I'd be there in less than six standard hours....

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-03-2003 02:41 PM    
I just love it when things proceed according to plan.

I arrived at my destination, where the shuttle was allowed smooth entry into the atmosphere, and then provided with landing coordinates for the Tavlorean Guild's private pad. The shuttle had scarcely landed, steam vents hissing as she began bleeding excess heat from her systems, when her hatch popped open and I strode down and onto the tarmac, completely armored, a monstrous Reborn bodyguard hulking beside me.

Seus was waiting there, looking as though he wanted to eat me alive... and knowing damned well he just couldn't. I knew fully that the thought was racing about his head as to when a more appropriate opportunity would arise for just that; smiling, I raised a hand to him.

"Ah-ah-ah, my friend," I tsked, grinning darkly behind my visor. "Such thoughts do not speak well of the... good times we've had together here."

He opened his mouth to answer, but closed it when I waved dismissively at him. Now my tone darkened to match my lenses.

"Where is she?" I grunted.

He stifled a glare, then turned and led me to a transport. Soon we were wisked away to another area of the Tavlorean Guild's landing sites, to where our hangars were maintained. The transport smoothly came to a halt, spilling us out on the tarmac like ants. I let Seus precede me, and followed him into a hanger.

There she sat as she had when she was brought here, completely untouched. For if there was one thing I could tell by Seus' haunted look, it was the fact that in the year that "Jester II" had been docked here, no one had been able to figure out what made her tick... not even to so much as open the hatch.

I however, had an ace up my sleeve... and it had gamin brown eyes and hair the color of a Tatooine sunset. I grunted with satisfaction, and began striding toward the enigmatic little fighter. Beside me, Hulk followed, maintaining silence although I could literally feel the wonder and curiosity falling from him in waves.

Coming to a particular spot I placed my hand on Jester's weird skin... just so, and was rewarded when her hatch promptly opened, allowing entry. Hulk shot me a look, and proceeded inside, to make certain whatever gremlins might be lurking therein would obligingly die at his touch, all to secure my safety.

Now I was grinning fully as I turned back to Seus.

"Thank you so much, old friend," I said smoothly... then raised my arm and shot my needler. Seconds later, he was out like a light on the tarmac.

I strode aboard the Sith fighter.

"You can keep the transport, friend; after all, fair is fair."

I then settled down in the pilot's chair, took a few moments to refamiliarize myself with the alien controls, then fired the baby up.

The hangar disappeared around us as a particularly greeny-golden colored light touched it... and we were airborne. Seconds later, we were in free space, and finally released into the corridors of hyperspace. Behind us the very much still active Imperial ships went about their usual business of maintaining their blockade around the guild world of the bounty hunters.

[ 03-03-2003 03:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-03-2003 02:52 PM    
I arrived back at Coruscant after an uneventful... and extremely short... flight, the blockade opening to allow Jester II the freedom to enter, and more. I had already transmitted a warning as to the weird properties of these ships, so plenty of room was allowed for my entry. But each and every Imperial ship promptly closed up space the moment I passed, that not so much as a bit of debris would sneak down to the planet in my wake; my Reborn troops were beyond good, after all.

Jester II came gliding down to a feather-light landing on the CC landing pad, and proceeded to sit in utter silence. After popping the hatch I strode down to the tarmac, there to be received by a small knot of the best engineers the Empire could produce. While the bounty hunters were no slouches in finagling how things worked, and with coming up with the occasional device to help them in their chosen profession, they were not Reborn. I knew these guys had more than highly boosted darkside abilities; they all had an intelligence equally boosted.

To a one, their eyes glittered hungrily as I motioned to the ship.

"Whatever you do, don't disassemble her," I said evenly, turning my visor from one to the other. "But figure out what makes her tick. I want a full report on my desk in no less than 48 hours, as well as an estimate as to when you might expect the first squadron of these fighters to be off our assembly lines."

The head engineer turned to me and bowed his head, the look in his eye promising me 24 hours, tops. I grinned to myself, turned, and proceeded to head to CC, there to find Lt. Edgar and visit for a bit with my daughter.

[ 03-03-2003 03:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

Romanus

posted 03-03-2003 05:33 PM    
(OOC: From 'Thus Far The Miles Are Measured' thread)

The journey from Sullust was exhausting. Switching transports all over the Outer Rim to get smuggled illegally to the inner systems was tough, but Romanus was finally able to hitch a ride to Coruscant. Being a stowaway in a crate of a cargo ship was actually more relaxing than he thought. A little bumpy at first, with the repeated stops to get scanned by Imperial ships, but nonetheless a smooth ride on the Imperial cargo transport. Yet, Romanus still felt uncomfortable...as if something else on the blockade was scanning the ship as well...

When they landed, Romanus opened the crate from the inside and snuck off the ship. Almost immediately he entered the spaceport, he felt as though he had been surrounded by Jedi. The feeling caused him to feel detached...almost isolated from the world.

Must be the Reborn... he thought, a near disgusted look on his face. He did his best to mask his presence at the port
but against so many minds, he would be stopped eventually. It was intense security, and the guards always noticing a "ghost" being where Romanus was didn't help either.

Romanus was finally able to exit the spaceport's interior and was heading outside to get to a speeder when six men, clad in black suits, approached him. Alarms went off in his head, and his stomach began to feel as if something was twisting it.

Without being told to do so, Romanus stopped in his tracks and waited as the Reborn walked up to him. They gather round him in a half-circle.

He could still feel them probing his mind, trying to figure out what he was and what he was doing here. It was tough blocking them, causing sweatdrops to appear on his head, but he managed to hold them back.
Rookies... he thought.

One of the Reborn, probably their leader, stepped forward and held his hand out.

"Identification." he said simply.

Romanus smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Ah, I'm kinda late for work, y'know. I don't think I have time..."

"You're not wearing an Imperial uniform, Jedi, and you're not one of us. Identification, now! I won't ask again."

Romanus glared at him, pulled a small, gray datapad out of his pocket and handed it to him. The Reborn looked it over carefully...

Minutes passed, and aside from the general city noises, no sound was made from the group. Finally, the Reborn returned his look to Romanus.

"Jedi-in-training? I was unaware they were on Coruscant." he said finally. Romanus reached over and took his ID back.

"Unlike you," he began to reply, pocketing the pad,"Some of us don't want to take a shortcut to the ways of the Sith. Now if your done hacking into my datapad, I'd like to go now."

The Reborn backed away from him and broke the half-circle. As Romanus walked towards a speeder, he heard their leader shout at him. "We'll be watching you!"
Later...

The speeder took Romanus to his hotel...a colossal building, practically a tower, that almost touched the clouds...

After ignoring the driver's request for his fee, Romanus rode in the lift to his apartment, which was somewhere in the middle area of the hotel.

He reached his apartment, opened it up to the same expensive, spotless room he had been living in for over a year. Romanus didn't bother turning on the lights, but before finally getting some rest, he had some work to finish up.

Romanus took a seat near his terminal, switched it on, and entered the code needed to gain access to Imperial communications. These weren't public channels; local garrisons could care less what was going on with the citizens they were suppose to be protecting.

Nonetheless, the communications officer that picked up the transmission still had a shocked look on his face as he failed to recognize the voice.

"Sorry to interrupt your duties, officer," Romanus said into the terminal, his voice carrying to wherever the officer was. "I have to speak to one Lieutenant Auldron..."

"Who are you, and why are you breaking into secured lines?" he demanded. Romanus frowned as he responded.

"I'm a 'special'. Y'know, special people with special jobs. Your officer hired me to eliminate a fugitive defector and gave me this code so I could contact him."

There was silence on the other end. Finally, the officer spoke up. "Hold on, sir, we have to verify this..."

Take your time...I've only been awake for twenty hours straight...

After awhile, his voice returned. "We found the contract...Romanus, right?"

"Aye."

"Ah, good. Unfortunately, Lieutenant Auldron is unavailable."

Romanus tightened his right hand into a fist. "What...what do you mean 'unavailable'?"

"His ship was sent for some sort of emergency to Tattooine a few days ago. We haven't heard from the ship's captain since..."

He leaned back in his chair, and wiped his eyes out of frustration. "Alright, fine. Patch me to the closest, high-ranking officer..."

[ 03-03-2003 07:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

Ruhatt Luthan

posted 03-03-2003 06:20 PM    
Ruhatt heard what the voice on the comm said.

"this is the Luthan's quest with Ruhatt speaking."Ruhatt said holding a control on the panel.

He let go of the button and looked at Jebbua.

"what should we say about are business?" Ruhatt asked him.
"Tell them we are he to find a contact. You know who." Jebbua said.
"Ok." Ruhatt said.

he pushed and holded the button again and said."We are here to find a contact. Some one by the name Sorben Tarnus."

he released the button and looked at Jebbua.

"I sure hope this works."

"well if you checked everything right on the records at Sullest it should." Jebbua replied.

Ruhatt looked out the viewport hoping they would still let them in.

[ 03-04-2003 12:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ruhatt Luthan ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 03-04-2003 10:58 AM    
Shayla had had alot of time to think, flying around with the Imperial blockade in her appropriated fighter. She’d been keenly aware that the Imperial forces surrounding her were somehow very, very dark...

...and something else had also come to her attention as the hours ticked by: no one had come after her. Granted, a standard Imperial star destroyer didn’t have a tractor beam, but there were always ways...

That landed Shayla to a particular conclusion: A trap was being set for her.

She sat back in the interior of her fighter and thought about this, as well as she considered all that had transpired back on the Catalytic. Only then did it occur to her how covert Tarnus had been about many things...

...and yet he’d ended by telling her exactly where his daughter was, knowing full well that Shayla was hoping to return the baby to her mother...?

This was too easy. It was way too easy...

...and perhaps maybe Shayla had misjudged the former bounty-hunter in his intent. After all, she had been involved heavily in the Sith, and had suddenly popped up claiming she no longer knew if she trusted them, yet still wanting to take his daughter. She knew that would look very susupicious if she actually succeeded in taking the baby, especially considering trust was at stake here...

About this time, the Imperial blockade began to open, and Shayla followed suit, still blending in as she pondered just what she was going to do next. The sight that played before her made her gasp.

A sith fighter...headed for Coruscant...?!

To say she had a bad feeling about this would be an understatement. Shayla didn’t sense any familiar presences in that fighter, but she was still keenly aware that the only two fighters she knew of had been on Sith worlds.

This was not looking good, and if anything Shayla wanted to know what was going on. But that required getting through the blockade, and requesting permission to land...

No turning back now. With all the dark bruhaha flying around here, Shayla had to at least analyze the situation. She’d figure out if she was really making the best decision regarding the baby later...

Flipping a general comm frequency open then, making sure the transmission was distorted so that her voice could not be identified, Shayla submitted her “borrowed” Imperial ID and requested permission to land, playing a bit of a Jedi mind-trick on the controller as she did so...

[ 03-04-2003 11:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

Erik Kartan

posted 03-04-2003 11:48 AM    
Erik Kartan slammed his fist on the comm unit for the upteenth time, angry and worried and very much aware that the blockade seemed to have been locked down. And in all this, he hadn't been able to pick up the tiniest niggle from Shayla.

"This is Erik Kartan," he said into the comm for the millionth time, "I want to speak with someone who can confirm the whereabouts of my wife, Shayla Stargazer-Kartan" he growled.

Then he took up pacing the deck as he had been during the past few hours of what appeared to be comm silence. He was so wound up in his worry and concern and pure anger that he almost missed the sight of a Sith fighter flying by.

But he was an information smuggler, and info smugglers rarely missed anything. He froze in place, and looked wide-eyed at the viewport, blinking occasionally as if not believing his eyes.

But then, he didn't believe them. And now every hair on the back of his neck was inexplicably standing on end, even more so than it had been the past few hours. For it was about this time he picked up the first little niggle that seemed like Shayla. It was there...

...but then in an instant it was gone again.

He reached for the comm once more, and slammed down the send sigil again, this time pursing his lips thoughtfully before he sent his next transmission. "This is Erik Kartan," he started once more, "I want to speak with someone immediately about the whereabouts...and if necessary, release of my wife..."

What the hell was going on...

The Empire

posted 03-04-2003 01:44 PM    
Major Katarr raised a languid finger to the ensign at the console, who was just about to reply to the incoming transmissions. The young man started as if from a trance, took a glance about himself, then immediately nodded. Getting to his feet he proceeded to another station, where he sat down and began to busy himself in identifying the three ships, in particular the weird one hovering out there on the edge of their sensors. Katarr didn't even bother to seat himself at the ensign's vacated station; he merely hit "audio reply only" and returned the transmissions in quick order...

Two only.

"All non-Imperial ships are denied access to Coruscant at this time. Your signatures are being retained for future recognition should you choose to come back later. We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you. Depart immediately, or your presence here shall be considered a hostile one, and you will be fired upon. Repeat: depart immediately, or your presence here shall be considered a hostile one, and you will be fired upon.

"TIE: you shall stand by."

He hit the transmit button, sending the message to the two recognizable ships. To the unidentifiable one, however, he continued to maintain strict communication silence.

The ensign turned in his seat even as Major Katarr straightened up from his transmission. "Sir," he broached the silence. "That TIE is our own, sir. There are no orders for it to have departed Catalytic; shall I forward this on to General Tarnus? And sir--

"I still can't seem to find the origins of that other ship. It doesn't seem to be in our library."

Katarr frowned as he turned to him.

Ludicrous! he thought to himself. Our library has expanded to the nearly infinite, what with the appropriation of the Jedi Library on Coruscant! What kind of ship could exist that even they wouldn't know about?

"Bring up what ship specifications that you can, Ensign," he ordered, coming over to peer over his shoulder at the screen. The ensign nodded, turning back to the task, sending information scrolling across the display in front of me.

Major Katarr's eyes only widened in sudden recognition. He kept his mouth closed, however, per General Tarnus's strict orders.

This crew has enough to keep under their hats. No need adding more fuel to a fire which would perhaps try to consume them....

"Thank you, Ensign," he finally said. "You may transmit the information of the TIE to General Tarnus."

Then he returned to the communications console. There he stood watching the blips hovering on the grid, waiting to see how they would respond to his reply... or lack thereof.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-04-2003 02:07 PM    
"Thank you, Ensign," I said briefly. One idle flick of a gloved finger, and the communications link between Catalytic and my ready room in CC severed. I sat back in my seat with a creak of armor, mulling the information sent to me.

So she hadn't left us yet....

Behind my helmet my eyes cut up to meet Edgar's. He was standing at semi-formal attention, finally relieved of the slight "burden" of my daughter. She in turn was happily gabbling about at my feet; I could feel her quick little pats and pawings even through the stiffened material of my pant's leg.

Finally I sighed.

"Lieutenant, there is much we have to speak of," I finally said, nodding with meaning toward the now-dark communications screen. "Much you need to know if you are to be able to fully implement your new duties as they have been given to you."

And that step over the line once drawn begins now....

Before he could so much as return my words with his usual "Yes, Sir!" I reached up and removed my helmet, revealing my features to him for the very first time. Leaning forward now and clasping my hands on the desktop, I proceeded to debrief him of everything I knew of the Sith, of Ms. Kartan's entanglement with them, of that of my ex-wife...

...as well as that of my daughter.

He stood mutely in the wake of that debriefing, as though trying to assemble the right words to say. I granted him the time he needed, now flicking open the comm to transmit back to the Catalytic.

"Voice recognition on that TIE?" I asked simply, even though I knew fully it was Ms. Kartan piloting it... just as I knew exactly what kind of ship was hovering at the extremes of our sensor range. The answer was swift:

"Unable to fully identify."

I pondered a moment, then answered with a rather vague, "Catalytic, stand by." I then turned to my new aide.

"Your thoughts on this, Lieutenant?" I asked him, settling back in my seat and lacing my fingers together on my lap.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-04-2003 02:17 PM    
I heard what had been said.

No ships. What! now what are we going to do. I thought.

"Well, now what?" Ruhatt asked me.

"I don't know... lets back up out of firing range of those stardestroyers and just wait I guess." I replied.

He acknowledged my order and brought the ship back out of firing range and waited.

This is not our day I thought.

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR:

posted 03-04-2003 02:35 PM
"Code 13-A, when voice recognition is not verified... they are to be treated with extreme prejudice... Sir!" Edgar sited the regulation, as if the code book were a second bible to him...

[ 04-14-2003 11:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-04-2003 03:07 PM    
"Indeed, lieutenant," I replied thoughtfully. "By the book. But--"

I paused now, shifting in my seat, steepling my fingers against my lips as I tilted my head a bit to one side in consideration.

"Our book seems to have something of an addendum, lieutenant," I went on through my fingers, then lowered them and relaced by hands on my stomach once more. "Regulations serve well for the immediacy of the moment; we, however, have been granted something of greater knowledge regarding this TIE than what its apparent image would have us believe.

"Your thoughts?"

I quieted, narrowing my eyes then as I regarded Lt. Edgar; the question of whether I perhaps had misjudged this young officers capabilities now niggling quietly in the back of my mind.

FROM ENSIGN EDGAR;

posted 03-04-2003 03:23 PM
Edgar was happily surprised...
As regulations dictate, Junior officers are to quote regulations only...

But...

He was no longer a junior officer, and his opinion did count for something...

It was a stretch for a Lt. to give advice to an officer of such rank as Lt. General...

But...

Edgar couldn't help but love it...

"I suggest a preemptive strike, Sir, eliminate the ongoing threat to your daughter... I shall do everything in my power to protect her, as well... Sir!"

He quieted, waiting...

[ 04-14-2003 11:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-04-2003 03:58 PM    
I smiled at Edgar's suggestion.

"Indeed, this would seem to be the first best way to eliminate an immediate threat, lieutenant," I agreed, shifting in my seat. I leaned forward then, suddenly earnest.

"However, we have no real clue as to how deeply Ms. Kartan is associated with the Sith, and that I find of greater concern than just her appearance here. If they are behind her being here, attacking her could be seen as an act of war... and one in which we are not quite... ready to engage in.

"No, lieutenant," I rose to my feet, tempering the words with a small smile. "In this case the continued front we are now presenting is the best road to travel upon; there is a large Sith ship in the extreme edge of our sensors, and from that warship she has come. Her husband is aboard it, and has been hailing us steadily for several hours now. She has a place to return to; I think the exchange of a mere TIE for the maintenance of the current status quo is indeed a fair trade, don't you agree?"

Nodding to him for his input, for indeed it was appreciated--

He could only improve over time, this I felt certain of....

--I flicked the channel open to Catalytic once again.

"Entry into Coruscant space is denied the TIE," I said smoothly. "You may inform Ms. Kartan that she had the opportunity to discuss fully and openly what she came here for, and at that time apparently neglected in being entirely honest with me. If she delays in her departure, then you may fire a warning prompt across her bow.

"Lt. General Tarnus, out."

I flicked off the comm, settling back once again and shooting the lieutenant a little look, my eyebrow quirked, complete in the knowledge that even as I did the Catalytic was obeying my orders to the letter.

Romanus

posted 03-04-2003 04:16 PM    
His fingers tapped against the table as the silence continued. He had been waiting only for a few minutes, but it was driving him to insanity.

They never took this long to answer back! Maybe I need to charge them extra...

Romanus grimaced at the monitor, running low on his already strained patience.

Whatever their doing better be worth this.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

posted 03-04-2003 09:44 PM    
This isn't working... Shayla thought darkly, those dark those interrupted by the comm.

"Access to Coruscant is denied. Lt. General Tarnus sends word that you had the opportunity to discuss fully and openly what you came here for, and at that time apparently neglected in being entirely honest. Divert from your present course immediately, or you will be fired upon."

Shayla frowned even more darkly.

What the hell else does he really think I am here for? I told him everything...

...EVERYTHING!!!

Damn Imperials...

Still, Shayla obeyed the comm. She backed off from the blockade, opened herself up to the Force to quest out for her husband...

...and found him right in the vicinity.

Good timing. Hope he isn't too worried...

With that she simply turned towards the warship, sent a signal that she was coming aboard, and that they needed to get to Chandrilla...

...and fast.

Erik Kartan

posted 03-04-2003 10:02 PM    
Erik had been smouldering ever since the Imperials had told him to leave the system.

Without my wife?! What universe are these creeps from...?!

But it was then that Shayla suddenly registered fully in the Force once more, and moments after that a little red sigil came alive on the navboard, indicating that someone was headed his way. He tensed a moment when he spotted a TIE through the viewport...

...then calmed when he realized it was Shayla. He frowned, wondering just what she had been doing in an Imperial TIE fighter...

...and at the fact that she had apparently been masking her presence in the Force all this time that he couldn't find her. But he pushed it to the back of his mind as he prepped the ship for their next destination:

Chandrilla. In the meantime, Shayla sent confirmation that she had docked safely in the warship.

"Better check that thing for homing devices," he said back through the comm.

A few minutes of silence. Then: "It's clear," Shayla replied. "And I'm coming up."

"Okay," Erik replied, closing the comm connection his hand hovering over the hyperspace sigil, the ship programmed for departure. In only about a minute Shayla appeared, clad in her usual black pilot's suit. Erik cocked a brow at her. "A TIE Fighter? I'd love to hear about all this, since I haven't been able to even sense you through the Force for the past nine hours."

Shayla shot him an apologetic look.

He acknowledged it, then turned to the navboard again. "Have a seat," he said, seemingly taking everything in stride. "We have a date to keep, and it's a good thing this baby can haul ronto," he continued, actually grinning as Shayla took up a spot nearby. Then he sobered ever the slightest. "You can tell me what happened while we travel."

That said, he reached for the navboard, reoriented the ship towards his departure vector, then at last hit the hyperspace sigil.

Destination: Chandrilla.

(((OCC: Follow Erik and Shayla to a thread to be named shortly. Thank you.)))

[ 03-04-2003 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

Ruhatt Luthan

posted 03-04-2003 11:21 PM    
Ruhatt watched as the Tie-fighter boarded the ship and then a few moments later entered hpyerspace.
Hmm, maybe some one stole that Tie, because they wouldn't let it through the blockade. Ruhatt thought.

He looked at Jebbua who was trying to hack into the archives from the ship, but wasn't having any luck.

"Well I don't think this is going anywhere. Don't you?" Ruhatt said.

"I don't know. we could go to another planet with some good archives." Jebbua replied.

"Like where?"

"I don't know. Lets try to find someplace."

Ruhatt brought up the destination diplays while Jebbua went over and helped him find some place with some useful archives.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-07-2003 06:50 PM    
a hour later...

"I can't find anything." I said.

we had been going around the gaxaly, while we were looking for a planet to go with some archives.

"Well I hate to interuppt you, but we need to land to refuel." Ruhatt said to me.

"Well, where is the nearest planet? I asked him.

"Kamino"

"a planet full of clones, great. just what we need."

Ruhatt direted the ship torwards Kamino.

"Just enough fuel to get there." Ruhatt said.
after we refuel then we will resume are search for some archives. I thought.
(((OOC: Follow Jebbua and Rahutt to a Civilization Stirs in the CSWU Forum. Thank you.)))

[ 03-07-2003 08:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Romanus

posted 03-07-2003 07:44 PM    
"Number 19's twenty-third evaluation test begins today, I believe."

"What number is he facing?"

"Number 15. We've just added certain drugs into his bloodstream to prevent fatigue and increase his fortitude."

"Interesting. If Number 19 terminates Number 15, he will be more effective than a Jedi Master..."

Romanus was not asleep. It was another of his memories, randomly being revealed before his eyes. At first he didn't know what triggered it. But Romanus realized it was the humming sound emitted from the radio-silent terminal, combined with the blank blue screen that covered it.

He had been staring at it for half an hour...perhaps thats what triggered the memory.

It was bliss for a few minutes. He completely forgotten what he was waiting for. But now...

If that weasel's face doesn't pop up in the next few seconds...I swear I'll hunt him down and gut him myself.

The Empire

posted 03-08-2003 12:48 PM    
Major Tybranis looked over the efficient hum all about him as the CC went about its business. He nodded slightly as, hands laced together behind his back, he strode about from station to station, pausing to peer over each and every shoulder as he checked on the progress of the men beneath him. At length he came to Ensign Edgar's old station; a young second lieutenant was now seated there, his hands dancing about the console as he sent messages winging their way across the unseen frequencies of the spectrum, informing the horde of traffic hanging about Coruscant the the planet wasn't taking any visitors today and would they all please just come back tomorrow?

In the corner of his board, a small yellow light blinked. The lieutenant had been so enmeshed with traffic control that he hadn't the time to respond.

The Major frowned a little.

That's not attuned to receive ship transmission frequencies, he noted to himself as with a slight, "As you were," he now reached over the lieutenant's shoulder and flipped the switch.

A small screen began warming into life beneath it.

He straightened as the image of a scowling, hairless individual came into focus before him.

"You have reached Command Center, Imperial HQ, upon an unauthorized frequency." He paused, nodding to a couple of guards who were standing at the entrance to the CC; with a quick motion of one hand he signed the origin of the transmission and sent them on their way. Then he turned back to the scowling man, who only appeared to be scowling harder.

"Identify yourself."

[ 03-08-2003 08:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Romanus

posted 03-08-2003 08:41 PM    
Well, he looks like he knows what he's doing...

"Name's Romanus. I've already wasted enough time being put on hold here, so I'll be quick..." the assassin squinted his eyes to catch the officer's rank. "...Major."

"One of your officers, a lieutenant of some sort of police faction in the Imperial Army I think, hired me to track down and eliminate a defector to the Empire. He gave me an access code for me to use when the job's done."

Romanus sat back, starting to relax. While he was talking, he had been studying the officer.

By the book guy, and very loyal. Could seem as a threat...

"Well, the target's been eliminated...so I'm trying to collect my fee. Unfortunately, your lieutenant seems to be absent now...and I'm thinking about adding a few more credits to my reward..."

The Empire

posted 03-08-2003 08:56 PM    
"Indeed," Major Tybranis sniffed, not even so much as taken aback.

Since Admiral Actar's takeover there had been various and sundry such attempts to flamboozle lower-ranking officers into unwittingly misdirecting Imperial funds into the wrong hands. For the most part this practice had long been squelched; it was a good thing that he had taken this transmission instead of the lieutenant, however. The young officer was a touch harried by the pressure he was currently under, and just may have fallen for this feeble attempt on the part of some bum to obtain a free handout, just to get rid of him.

"We show no such records. It is highly suggested you do not attempt this again; your transmission frequency has been traced as a preventative measure.

"Command Center, Imperial Headquarters, out."

He turned away with a little sniff, but only after making a vow to himself to see about changing their access codes yet again.

[ 03-08-2003 08:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

Romanus

posted 03-08-2003 10:53 PM    
Romanus blinked at the man's words, and quietly reached over to switch off the terminal. He had expected such a response as soon as he "detected" the zeal of the officer, so his anger was already dying down when he turned away.

Romanus stopped just short of the switch. I'll get that money either through credits or blood...and since the Empire hasn't been opening up banks recently, I'd probably have to knock off a few heads. Though, that might be too much trouble for both sides...

Then he noticed that the officer's side of the channel wasn't switched off, and decided on one more desperate attempt...

Looks I'll have to extend the story a little bit more.

"The job was worth a pathetic 5,000 credits." Romanus said, loud enough to hopefully call back the Major's attention. "It was a simple job...but for your lieutenant, it was personal. The defector was a Devaronian Imperial officer, and was an assistant to my employer."

"Last year, he worked briefly with Imperial Intelligence, helping transfer coded information and such. The defector decided to make a little cash on the side and sold the data to Republic informants...at least thats what I've been told."

He waited a little while, still unsure if the Major, if at all anyone, was hearing him. Nonetheless, Romanus continued.

"Classified files, Major! No way some adjutant can get his hands on that and get away with it for so long. BOTH men were selling the data to enemy spies...it was just that I was hired by one to terminate their business relationship."

"I already executed one traitor, sir, but another one is still out there. Of course, he could be dead by now...one of your boys told me his ship was heading to Tattooine and they haven't heard from it since."

"But, if you still don't believe me, and think this is some trick by some lowly merc...I can just give you his name as proof. In return, for both that and the job with the Devaronian, you just gotta pay me half of that 5,000..."

I can make up the sums later...

"You can still ignore me, however, and write this off. But some of those files were still in the Devaronian's keeping...and I just happened to find them under his little drug stash."

[ 03-08-2003 10:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

The Empire

posted 03-08-2003 11:30 PM    
The Major scratched his nose, considering.

This all had to have come down from one of the higher ups, perhaps Lt. Gen. Tarnus; gods know he's been keeping a quiet eye out on some rather odd places as of late, Sullust wasn't it, that rumor had he had gone to?

And this channel is exceedingly unauthorized, I'll grant the man that. Yet he reached me....

"Very well," he said smoothly turning back to the open link and making the poor lieutenant nearly hit the deck in surprise. He reached over, and spoke slowly and deliberately.

"Two Imperial guards are heading to the source of this transmission. You will return to CC HQ with them, where we shall, ahh... investigate the veracity of your words in greater detail.

"Command Center, Imperial HQ, out."

Major Tybranis pulled back from the console, this time making certain the connection was closed. He then pivoted and departed for Lt. General Tarnus's ready room, there to report this next unexpected little turn of events.

But then again, perhaps not so unexpected....

Romanus

posted 03-10-2003 04:26 PM    
Agh, more waiting...

Romanus shut off the terminal and leaned back in his chair, awaiting the arrival of the guards.

Not too long, the door to his apartment slid open and two stormtroopers, wearing black armour instead of the usual white, stood there in the open-lit hallway.

"We're to escort you to Imperial HQ."

"Yeah I know." Romanus stood up, and stepped out of the darkness of his apartment. One of the troops held out a pair of handcuffs. "You're not serious, are you?"

"For our protection."

Romanus grunted, and yanked the cuffs from the man and hooked a ring onto one of his hands. The trooper did the second one.

The trip involved a short speeder ride from the hotel to a military docking port in which Romanus was to be escorted onto a shuttle. Still cuffed, the shuttle disembarked for their command ship...

Ah, so its in space their HQ is. he thought, looking outside a port window. Romanus noted that he wasn't placed in any type of cell enhanced to prevent use of the Force.

They don't know I'm a Jedi. At least, not until I get on the ship...

After they docked with the command ship, five minutes were spent in stripping Romanus of his weapons until the meeting was done, and then he was escorted to an interrogation room usually meant for on-board prisoners.

Along the way, Romanus sensed the presence of the Reborn Jedi on the ship...

The Empire

posted 03-11-2003 01:40 PM    
Major Tybranis leaned comfortably back in Lt. General Tarnus's seat, enjoying his brief command of the private ready room to its fullest. In the back, Tarnus lounged in quiet comfort against the wall, his armored arms crossed in front of him, his helmeted face aimed toward the doorway...

...which suddenly slid open, revealing the two guards and the restrained Romanus.

Tybranis merely nodded toward a seat, indicating that the guards release the restraints, even as he probed into the man's mind.

Good... he chuckled deeply to himself, turning his head slightly and scratching his nose. Behind him Tarnus merely shifted.

They have misled this one well, that he believes himself aboard one of our ships....

He then cleared his throat, capturing Romanus's attention by the slight sound. At either side of the man and slightly back, just out of arm's reach, the two guards stiffened to attention, hands casually laid upon their blasters.

"And now, my fine fellow," Tybranis purred silkenly. "If you would be so kind as to disclose the name of this... second traitor, we shall see about reimbursing the small fee you are suggesting we owe you. And perhaps... just perhaps now, mind you; if this information is of particular interest, we may see about tossing in a bonus...."

He fell silent with that, snorting to himself.

A traitor among the Reborn, especially after that induced earthquake fiasco in the wake of which Admiral Actar so ruthlessly cleaned house---?

Impossible... but then, only a fool would blindly adhere to the apparent impossibility of unfolding events.

Behind him Tarnus shifted his head a millimeter or so toward Romanus, waiting to hear what he had to say...

...and more importantly, via the incredible Reborn abilities of Major Tybranis, if not his thoughts, to at least feel the emotions being evoked within the man by this little confrontation.

[ 03-11-2003 01:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

Romanus

posted 03-11-2003 04:17 PM    
A bonus? Romanus was surprise, though he didn't show the look on his face. Doesn't sound like the Empire...at least, not these days.

"Lieutenant First-Class Auldron. Didn't tell me his first name, nor the name of his ship, but I know he contacted me in his personal quarters. I'm sure it won't be that hard to..." It was here that he finally felt the Major probing his mind...not to read his thoughts, but his emotions to the situation. Romanus thought about blocking him out, but quickly dispersed the thought. "...find him on one of your ships."

Heh, don't want to scare him off. Though, that is unusually strong for a Reborn and he managed to hide it well...wonder how many troops have the same ability?

The question left Romanus's trail of thinking as he noticed the armoured figure glancing at him.

Mandalorian armour...with an Imperial rank insignia. This must be General Tarnus that Force-user was thinking about...

Romanus leaned back in the seat, and returned his attention to the Major. "If your still interested, I can tell you the location of the smuggled data. Provided it helps my 'bonus' out a bit..."

Jasyn Lancaster

posted 03-13-2003 10:54 AM    
(((OCC: Continues from The Lion's Den in the CSWU.)))

Hyperspace...

Jasyn was in no mood for humor, to say the very least. Soaked through and through, hands still bound behind his back, he managed somehow-or-other to get to his feet, at length finally catching his breath. Then he eyed Loban Kenobi measuringly.

Well now, this is a strange turn of events, he thought smugly, considering the young man's laughing form.

Something about that laughter was extrememly disturbing...

...but then, maybe Jasyn was just keyed up already because he had enough of a clue from Cartina's last words before she'd thought it'd be fun to try to drown him in the bathroom to know she'd gotten some information regarding Galen from him.

Probably via whatever drug she knocked me out with, he figured. But at the moment, that isn't what matters. What matters is that, the last time you saw Loban, he was WITH Galen, and now...?

No bounty hunter, no Galen. Baaaad combination...

"Where the hell did that bounty hunter go?!" Jasyn finally managed, glaring laser bolts into a pair of electric blue eyes. "She's after Galen, and got information from me with some sort of drug."

His brown eyes were immeasurably serious...

...and now it had finally dawned on him the Raptor was again in motion, and in hyperspace, no less.

"Just where are we going, and dammit, where is Galen, considering the last time I saw her she was with YOU?! We've gotta warn her before that hunter gets to her! And would you mind getting these binders off me, or do I have to do it myself?"

[ 03-13-2003 10:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

The Empire

posted 03-13-2003 04:00 PM    
Aboard Catalytic....

A brief flurry of intraship communications exploded through the destroyer until quieting down as Commander Sarantogo marched onto the bridge and approached the communications center. He leaned over the lieutenant who had received that incoming transmission, nodding briefly to him as he flipped open the tranceiver.

"Kamino vessel, this is Commander Sarantogo of ISSD Catalytic, speaking for Imperial fleets Alpha and Omega. I am sorry, but your identity does not compute with our current data of Kamino; please state again your identification and classification codes thereof--"

With that he cut the switch, striking another to send the message even as he now reached forward to another private channel, there to type in a highly coded and unhackable message concerning this new situation now facing his ship, which he sent along a private link directly into Lt. General Tarnus's personal receiver....

Personal ready room, Command Center, Imperial Headquarters....

Major Tybranis sniffed lightly, staring Romanus straight in the eye. He was about to speak when behind him Tarnus jerked a little, lifting an arm and keying rapidly upon a communications link there. The Mandalorian helmet hid the way his eyes narrowed and blackened as he read that transmission; with rapid movements of one hand he typed a reply and sent it on its way. Then he closed the connection and with a crossing of his arms leaned back once again against the wall. His helmet dipped once toward Major Tybranis.

The Major smiled like a fox. He leaned over the table toward Romanus, lacing his fingers together on the table.

"If you would be so gracious then, good sir, as to provide us with this information, the Empire is more than happy to comply with your request for reimbursement. Should what you have to say please me, I am authorized to offer you, ohh---" He trailed off, rolling his eyes toward the ceiling before letting them fall back directly into Romanus's own pair once again.

"No more than twenty thousand credits. You may take that or leave it, it is no offer but a verbal promissory note, if you will."

With that he fell silent, channeling into Tarnus the insidious emotional signals coming his way from where Romanus sat in apparently polite anticipation. Behind him the lieutenant general merely shifted, all too comfortable with playing the waiting game himself.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-14-2003 01:58 AM    
I frowned behind my visor, mulling over the transmission Commander Sarantogo had sent regarding the surprise appearance of someone proclaiming to be the Lord of Kamino or some such.

Kamino....

My frown deepened as I mulled further.

Strange isn't it, that a world so removed from the galaxy in general, save for the few times people throughout history had approached it for one cloning need or another, would now be pressing its existence into the very maw of the dragon by this self-proclaimed emissary....

And the fact that I had returned to Coruscant not too long ago, with a daughter whose tiny form I had just retrieved from said formerly-removed world--?

Now, that was beyond mere happenstance, in my book.

Still waiting for a response of any kind from the tight-lipped Romanus, I raised my gauntlet and opened a private channel to Lt. Edgar.

"Take Darra," I typed succinctly. "And disappear. You will find funds in the ship... and you know where to find the latter. I will be assigning some Reborn as personal guards to you both; they too will be waiting for you at the ship.

"I will contact you when it is safe for her to return... and I hold you personally responsible for her continued safety.

I smoothly lowered my gauntleted arm then, and returned my attention to the still-quiet man in the chair in front of us.

Is he going to make up his mind, or are we going to have to just send him on his way....

Romanus

posted 03-14-2003 01:31 PM    
"Twenty thou--" Romanus raised both eyebrows in surprise at the offer.

That'll pay the rent for years...

"Hell, thats more than what I make already.." he said aloud. He then reminded himself that it was still not an offer...more like a possibility.

Deciding not to delay any further, Romanus cleared his throat to speak. "The data's back on Sullust, in the city of Piriingisi. Its underneath a broken floor panel in an inn called the Azure Planetoid, Room 14. No one else knows where it is."

Not yet finished, Romanus placed his hands on top of the table. "I also have another request. Business is hard to find these days with you guys policing the galaxy and such. But, there still lots of work to be done in the systems and especially in the Outer Rim. I was hoping the Empire could hire me to help out in these cases."

Romanus waited, letting the words sink in before he continued. "I may not seem like much, but I'll take jobs for cheaper prices than an expensive bounty hunter would. Plus, I can always guarantee a successful termination..."

The Empire

posted 03-14-2003 04:40 PM    
The Major's predatory smile deepened. He shifted, leaned against his chair back and steepled his fingers.

"Very good, Romanus," he finally replied with a nod. "You will find your initial fee of five thousand deposited in an Imperial account in your name. Our central supply is at your command; garb yourself as you see fit, and terminate the lieutenant who seems to have forgotten where his loyalties lie. Then retrieve this data of which you speak, and bring it here to us.

"Upon your completion of this contract, the remaining fifteen thousand will likewise be deposited in your account. And then we shall speak about... further requests we may have of you."

He rose to his feet, saying no more but merely nodded his dismissal. Then he sank back, waiting until the guards had escorted Romanus from the ready room before he turned and cast a thoughtful look upon Lt. General Tarnus.

The enigmatic Mandalorian helmet tipped toward him. He nodded in return, then turned back to the console imbedded in the table in front of him. Quickly he opened a com-link with the Kaminoan vessel.

"And now, er... Lord Elnas... there is something of mutual interest of which you would like to speak, I believe? A shuttle is en route to you now to bring you here that we might discuss matters together more fully."

And more privately, the look in his dark eyes finished as he blinked twice, then cut the transmission. He turned back to Tarnus and smiled, knowing that smile was being returned even though he couldn't actually see the expression on the general's face.

[ 03-14-2003 04:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

Romanus

posted 03-16-2003 01:38 PM    
Hand-cuffed again, Romanus was led down the hallway leading to the lift by the guards.

"I'd like my weapons back." he asked, staring ahead at the lift. "And I need a ship to get to Tattooine and Sullust."

One of the stormtroopers shifted his helmet slightly to respond. "Your weapons will be returned to you in the hangar. We'll find a shuttle crew to take you to Tattooine, then to Sullust."

"Right," Romanus responded, approaching close enough to the lift to have the doors slide open automatically. "And let's make it quick. I'm itchin' to get these cuffs off..."

((OOC: Follow Romanus to 'Shattered Green' in the CSWU forum))

[ 03-16-2003 01:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Romanus ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-16-2003 02:56 PM    
The moment the guards escorted Romanus from my ready room I turned to the Major.

"Keep an eye on that vessel," I told him with a nod of my head. "I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of this Lord Elnas; Kaminoan government doesn't function in that manner."

But that of the Sith does.

Major Tybranis saluted and departed for CC. As for myself, I merely regained the chair he had been sitting in, leaning back just a bit and spreading my hands along the gleaming tabletop in front of me. I had just finished settling myself in this manner when the doors whooshed open and the newcomer strode in.

I waved away all but two of the guards accompanying him. The majority saluted and whirled as a unit, departing for the corridor. The door slid shut, while the last two took up invisible positions on either side of it.

Now I waved toward this Lord Elnas, indicated he take the seat Romanus had so recently vacated.

"Please," I motioned with a gloved hand. After letting some time pass by in which I simply studied every nuance of his body language, I leaned forward, my hands lacing together.

"There is something you claim to be of mutual interest of which you wish to speak?" I opened.

"You've got my attention."

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-17-2003 05:37 PM    
(((OOC: From the Haunting Mermories thread in the CSWU Forum. Thank you.)))

I looked out where we had just come out of hyperspace and waited for Dash.

"Dash hurry up before the traffic control calls us." I said.What is taking him so long. I hope he hurrys. I thought.

[ 03-17-2003 05:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

The Empire

posted 03-17-2003 06:22 PM    
"All non-Imperial ships are denied access to Coruscant at this time. Your signatures are being retained for future recognition should you choose to come back later. We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause you. Depart immediately, or your presence here shall be considered a hostile one, and you will be fired upon. Repeat: depart immediately, or your presence here shall be considered a hostile one, and you will be fired upon...."

Dash Kelderon

posted 03-18-2003 08:52 PM    
(((OOC: from HAUNTED MEMORIES in CSWU. Thank You...)))

I raced up to the cockpit as soon as I received the mental massage from Master JEBBUA.

"Master, it doesn't look like we are going to get through! We will have to try something else!"

"Every one, make good use of the SMUGGLING compartments in the FLOOR of the ship, I'm gonna try to get us through!"

I turned on the COM-system. "This is the SHIMMERING SCIMITAR, I have no affiliation to any faction. I am simply trying to make contact with an old friend on the surface. Please allow me passage through the blockade. You can even escort me to the co-ordianted if you wish..."

I clicked off the COM, and waited for an answer...

Dash Kelderon

posted 03-19-2003 08:19 AM    
A few minutes later...

Still no reply...

I turned my COMM back on, "If you check the signature on the ship in my Hangar, you should find an Imperial serial #. I had to get a new ship, after my crash. That ship no longer functions!"

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-19-2003 11:27 AM    
I listened to Dash as he talked on the comm.
I was in the smuggling compartments he had on his ship and i was getting inpatince.
Come on, answer him already. I thought.

I looked at the Jawa who was next to me.

"So... Do you get smuggled often?" I asked him.

Although I hated to admit it, It looked as we weren't going to be able to get in unless a mircle happened.

The Empire

posted 03-19-2003 11:36 AM    
"Shimmering Scimitar, say again your destination as well as this friend with whom your destination lies. Full disclosure of your intentions required at this time for determination of possible entry into Coruscant."

Dash Kelderon

posted 03-22-2003 09:27 PM    
"I'm transmitting the co-ordinates now, I'm seeking an audience with Mistress Alexis... However, I do not beleive she is expecting me."

I waited anxiously for the response...

A muffled "OOO-TEE-DEE" came from under the ships floor.

I hope DINK isn't getting into any trouble. I don't even want to think about what MALF could do to a little guy like that!

[ 03-22-2003 09:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-23-2003 12:47 AM    
Alexis. I thought. Right before we came out of hyperspace I searched the holo-net files and found out that I had a sister named Alexis. So right before Dash put me in the smuggleing compartments I told Dash about it and now he told the traffic control about it and we were waiting for a reply.

I closed my eyes and went into a deep medation.I saw her. Alexis. it was her that called out in pain. just like the desciptation of her said, she had brown air and green eyes, beauitful greens eyes just like our mom's. She yelled for mercy as the "Kidnappers" whipped her again with the whip. only this time i tried speak to her. "Alexis, it's me your brother Jebbua." Then the image of her started to fade. "Alexis, don't go. Alexis! ALEXIS!"

I opened my eyes in a flash. Sweat poured down my face. I looked at the Jawa and Malf next to me. Then i realized i had not only screamed her name in my dream, but in real life too.

"Alexis." I muttered softly. a tear went down my face. It was a good thing no one could tell if was a tear or not, beacuse of the sweat on my face, but I just ignored it and cried softly.

[ 03-23-2003 12:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-23-2003 01:00 PM    
I frowned behind my visor.

First the Kaminoans end up with my baby daughter, linked directly to the Sith via Dark Lord Roan.

Now up pops this "Lord Elnas" from that selfsame planet, and would wonders ever cease, he is approaching the Empire as to an alliance against the so-called ever increasing threat of the Sith?

And just what that threat would be, is indeed something to determine the veracity thereof... especially since by his words he seems to feel our firepower would more than compensate for it....

I drew in a breath, then tilted my head toward him.

"Perhaps you'd care to elucidate as to this, erm... Sith threat of which you speak."

I fell silent then, while behind Lord Elnas the two Reborn guards shifted minutely in their flanking positions on either side of the door.

[ 03-23-2003 03:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

The Empire

posted 03-23-2003 01:46 PM    
"Shimmering Scimitar, more information needs disclosure. Your full intentions upon arrival must be ascertained; attempt to contact this Alexis at coordinates given have been unsuccessful. Verification of your intent has not yet been made.

"Permission to approach is at this point denied. You will depart immediately, or your presence here will be seen as a hostile one and you will be fired upon. I say again, you will depart immediately, or your presence here will be seen as a hostile one and you will be fired upon.

"Imperial Safeguard, out."

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-23-2003 09:35 PM    
I heard Alexis cry for help. I opened the compartment I was in and ran to the cockpit.

"Dash, she's on Tatoonie. She cried out for help. We have to go now, ther're tortueing her." I told Dash.

I looked a Dash hoping he would head for Tatoonie.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-23-2003 11:44 PM    
My eyes went flat black behind my helmet.

Not another self-proclaimed religious nutcase....

I didn't move an inch. I didn't so much as draw a breath. I remained stone still behind my desk, carefully maintaining an aura of calmly possessed power, while one response after another whirled about in my head. Behind Lord Elnas, my Reborn shifted slightly once again, their rigid training quite probably the only thing which kept them from snorting in outright derision.

At length I found a voice.

"Thank you, Lord Elnas," I said as I rose smoothly to my feet. "The Empire is well aware of the galaxy's new arrivals; unfortunately what you have disclosed to me here is nothing new or anything upon which we as a government can immediately act upon. Rest assured that the Sith will be watched with a magnifying glass; should anything, erm... untoward begin to develop, then perhaps we can speak again of a possible alliance between us."

When rancors fly-- I couldn't help thinking as I raised a gauntleted hand toward the door. That cued the Reborn, who stepped forward in preparation of seeing our visitor out of my ready room, and back to his ship.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-24-2003 05:16 PM    
Slowly the hand I held up in dismissal lowered to the desktop. My fingers splayed out; now I meant to look threatening. I leaned forward over stiff arms, pinning the visor of my helmet on this strange, self-proclaimed lord.

Regrettable... stay clear of their avenue... they will not be held responsible....

My eyes narrowed to slits as I utterly disregarded the rest of his words.

"Is this a... threat, Lord Elnas?" I finally spoke in a low but exceedingly meaningful voice. I raised a hand and made a motion; behind my vistor the two Reborn moved in smooth synchronization, now coming to a halt directly in front of the door they had been flanking. They raised their weapons and held them at the ready.

Dash Kelderon

posted 03-25-2003 06:26 AM    
I stood there quite be-fuddled, What are our intentions here? I thought.

I was about to reply when I heard Master JEBBUA running, screaming all the way to the cockpit. "I felt more than heard his words. "TATOOINE" He yelled, "She is on TATOOINE!!!"

"Well, Master, I suggest we depart from here immediatly, before we are shot out of space. I have a bad feeling about this place!"

So I set the co-ordinates into my navi-computer. "Buckle up everyone, this is going to be a fast departure!" I pulled the lever to enter the endless starlines of hyperspace. That flash of nausea that you get during the jump to lightspeed was quickly becoming a part of my everyday routine.

"Next stop, TATOOINE!"

(((OOC: follow Dash, Jebbua, DINK, and malf to SHATTERED GREEN in CSWU. Thank you...)))

[ 03-25-2003 11:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

Graysith

posted 03-26-2003 12:31 PM    
((OOC: From Shall We Dance? in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you...))

The Glyph ravened into life then, as the Chosen Daughter flung back her head, and now sent her talents questing in a prescribed direction. With the strength of the All to give foundation, she easily broke through the simple planetary blocks Lt. Tarnus had placed about the planet-city at the heart of the galaxy, sensing now about the entire populace for one particular living entity...

...which she abruptly found.

Her smile widened as she made a peculiar motion of one hand, opened a portal through the all, and stepped through.

It closed behind her, leaving nothing but silence and the crackling of the fire in her wake...

...as she calmly stepped through into a small but nicely furnished room. The happy gurgles of a child at play came into her ears from the next room; swiftly she moved through the surprisingly empty room in which she found herself, out into a small but airy hallway, and came to a door three-quarters of the way down that hall. She paused for a moment before simply walking in.

There on the floor was little JhinDarra, playing with her boxi-ball. Sitting off to one side, and smiling at her, was a young man in Imperial uniform. He looked up at her in surprise, immediately reaching out to grab the child, but Graysith was far more swift. It was a simple matter indeed to use the All and send the child, now laughing in delight, flying across the room to land in her arms.

She looked down at her, letting her hair tumble down to tickle the little girl's nose.

How big she is growing! The thought pushed up from somewhere deep inside her... only to be in turn pushed ruthlessly back into oblivion. She raised her head, affixed intense violet eyes upon the young man.

"I must thank you for the care you have given to my niece... but the child, after all, really does belong with her own kind."

One hand slipped from the babe; the Claw of S'slan gleamed like liquid silver on her finger. She paused a moment before taking her leave....

Graysith

posted 03-26-2003 10:43 PM    
A slow smile curled across the lips of the Chosen Daughter.

"Oh indeed..." she purred, her eyes slitting as her countenance darkened. The hand bearing the Claw of S'slan moved a fraction...

...and the blaster in the young ensign's hand was suddenly too hot to handle.

Literally.

She smiled at him as a cat would as it toyed with a mouse, watching as the blaster rapidly approached its melting point.

Graysith

posted 03-26-2003 11:14 PM    
Graysith snarled as the momentum of the young man sent her flying backward, her cloak billowing out about her like a gray thundercloud. Her violet eyes widened to see Darra safely ensconced in Edgar's arms once again, then slitted when he made his break for the door.

"None of that!" her voice rang out simultaneously with her pointing Claw... from which there now blazed the fires that created space and time itself. That fearsome energy splayed past Edgar's head like a fountain from the mouth of a god...

...and melted the edges of the door enough that it became completely sealed to its frame. It would take a blaster to break through... and his was radiating heat and light in all directions at the moment.

The Chosen Daughter curled her lips, now advancing upon the young man in an imperious manner.

"You do not know with whom it is you play, boy!" she seethed in a heated whisper, her eyes and the Glyph both flaring to light the room with their incandescent brilliance...

...while deep within her breast something dark and noisome coiled and writhed in glee.

Graysith

posted 03-26-2003 11:49 PM    
Deep within her very soul the Beast threw back it's head with a mighty roar of hunger. It scrabbled and clawed within, it's flat pewter eyes seeing nothing but the red of fresh meat, the sweat of fear a living entity in its nostrils, the assurety of life-endowing terror soon to come trembling just beyond its reach. It strained and flailed about, seeking release to attack, to rend and tear...

...and was held in abeyance by the steel will of the Chosen Daughter.

Slowly the Glyph quieted on her brow, even more slowly her eyes lightened until they no longer were the hue the air takes on just after sunset has fallen, but approached their normal violet tones. With a great effort, Graysith lowered the Claw-Bearing hand, and clasped it in its mate in front of herself.

"You fear death, yet stand in its face. Such courage," she mused as she now stepped up to the ensign, circling about him like a predator stalking its prey. While at any time she could easily have snatched Darra back into her own hands, she did not. She merely circled and watched, sensing deeply within the young ensign with her talents, seeking to know him more thoroughly than even he did of himself.

At length she paused in front of him.

"Do you know who I am, boy?" she asked, cocking her head a little to one side as she waited to see what he would say, and in what manner he would conduct himself.

Graysith

posted 03-27-2003 12:17 AM    
The Chosen Daughter allowed her manner to soften. Slowly she approached Edgar, came up directly in front of him, rose up a bit until their faces were scant centimeters apart.

"And just how do you know that by keeping the child here you are not in actuality keeping her directly in the path of harm?" she whispered softly into his ear, yet that soft breath of a voice carrying with it an underlying blade of durasteel.

"Can you not envision a larger image than the small one about you here, on this one planet, in this one regard?"

She backed down then, quieted with a curling smile on her face, one arm expansively held out to one side as though to not only take in all of the planet around them, but all of the young ensign's future as well.

Graysith

posted 03-27-2003 12:30 AM    
Graysith's lips lifted in a smile.

"Perhaps... and perhaps I am merely pointing out that more exists than you dream of, boy. There is more to this child than merely a father wishing to keep her from harm--

"You state it is your duty to not allow her to come to harm. Have you no thoughts of your own, boy, to question the improbability of the situation? A father assigns an Imperial soldier--"

She paused, backing off to scan his insignia with a brilliant violet gaze.

"--a lieutenant, no less... to the duty of being a babysitter?"

She fell silent once again, her eyes flashing as she began considering to herself just how she would finally end this brief engagement with the young Ensign Edgar.

Graysith

posted 03-27-2003 12:57 AM    
Now the Chosen Daughter reached out and plucked Darra from Edgar's grasp as easily as she had once plucked a t'plikk fruit from a platter. The tiny redhead babbled and cooed, reaching out toward the shiny Claw, which obviously held her entranced.

For the barest nanosecond, Graysith's eyes softened to that of a mother loving her child. Then they hardened to twin amethyst crystals, highlighted by the increasing flare of the Glyph. She bowed her head in a manner that was anything but respectful, and began moving away from where the lieutenant stood at stiff attention, the Claw now raised and pointing at him.

"Such courage... and such blind stupidity," she murmured to herself, going so far as to actually snicker a bit. Pausing then, she made a motion with the Claw... and behind her a portal back between the very interstices of space and time opened up, beckoning her to return to her new home on the Sith world of K'eel Doba. Her lips curled in a smile.

"Tell Tarnus that his lieutenant wasn't enough... that his Reborn shall not be enough... that he does not have enough power to withstand that which is surely to come. For this reason, I leave you with your life, boy.

"Tell him that these words have come from the Chosen Daughter of the Sith, the one he knows by the name Graysith."

With that she turned, her cloak whirling about her, and stepped into the portal which would lead her back into the unknown regions of space, where the uncharted worlds of K'eel Doba and Khar Delba revolved in secret about their dim little red star.

Graysith

posted 03-27-2003 01:21 AM    
((OOC: Follow Graysith and Ensign Edgar back into Shall We Dance? in the Jedi/Sith forums, thank you.))

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 03-27-2003 10:25 AM    
(((OOC: From Shattered Green in the CSWU Forum. Thank you.)))

A Imerpial ship Came out of hyperspace not that far from Corcasant. in it was a few smugglers and me, Jebbua Dahutt, Prisoner of these smugglers.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked around the room only one guy was here. He pushed the comm and said into it.

"Hello, this is Imerpial Shuttle Endor, We would like to land Immeditaly."

He let go of the button and looked at me.

"Well, if it isn't are jedi friend waking up"

I could feel the anger boiling up in me. I would have ripped of his head if i wasn't in these force cuffs. I'd kill anyone who hurt my sister or me. I WOULD KILL THEM ALL.

[ 03-27-2003 10:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

Sorben Tarnus

posted 03-27-2003 12:52 PM    
I growled a bit as a light suddenly began blinking on my console, daring to interrupt the silence in which I was awaiting Elna's reply. I shifted a hand minutely... and the comm-light went out, the transmission thereby being transferred to the personal screen on my gauntlet. I enabled the screen and coded in that the verbal message be transformed to a written one.

I scowled behind my visor as I read the words scrolling across the face of the reporting safeguard lieutenant.

An Imperial ship-- seeking to land on Coruscant when all mother craft had strict orders to remain at stationkeeping... which meant their shuttles and fighters stay either docked aboard them or in space. Someone had by some incredible luck managed to obtain one of our ships... Gads, we were the veritible hotspot of the galaxy anymore now, weren't we?

I started to order that the ship destroyed where she hovered, then paused. My fingers moved in a staccato beat as I quickly typed:

"Ask them who they are, what they want, and have them reveal all -- and I do mean ALL -- passengers or otherwise living entities aboard their ship. Let them know the Empire is aware they are not Imperials, but is willing to be lenient if they show the good will to be truthful with us. We shall then consider their request if these instructions are carried out.

I then let my hand drop, and turned approximately ninety-nine percent of my attention back to the obstinately silent Lord Elnas. The remaining one percent was mulling my suddenly acknowledged, deep-seated weariness of death and destruction, not to mention the little fact that, more and more, it seemed the orders and responsibility for said death and destruction was being channeled directly into my gauntleted hands.

Damn Actar and Swatzi for disappearing as they did....

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-01-2003 01:23 PM    
I had been waiting there for awhile. Still no one had ansered us we were justing hovering in space calmly and i was getting angry and angrier in the shuttle. I still had the cuffs that the had put on me, so i couldn't do anything but sit there, but i would plot my revenge and wait for the right moment.I sat in the corner and waited to see what they wanted to do with me in the first place.

[ 04-01-2003 09:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

The Empire

posted 04-01-2003 01:46 PM    
Aboard Catalytic, Major Katarr nodded to himself and merely lifted a finger. The message ordered by Lt. General Tarnus was immediately transmitted to the hovering ship in it's entirety:

"Ask them who they are, what they want, and have them reveal all -- and I do mean ALL -- passengers or otherwise living entities aboard their ship. Let them know the Empire is aware they are not Imperials, but is willing to be lenient if they show the good will to be truthful with us. We shall then consider their request if these instructions are carried out.

After all, getting it straight from the rancor's mouth did oftentimes go such a long way toward persuading someone mulling possible mischief into changing his or her mind about it....

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-01-2003 03:12 PM    
the guy at the cockpit woke with a jolt and listened to what the guy said over the comm.

"We are smugglers and there is just 4 of us. 3 smugglers and 1 jedi prisoner. we come to offer him to you because he is deep with the darkside. If you will be nice enough to pay us that is. The rest of the negotations should wait till we meet in person. Endor out."

the guy let go of the button and waited for a reply.
So, they wanted to offer me to the Empire, But it still didn't make sense. . I thought.

I sat in the corner still and waited with the smugglers for the Traffic control to reply.

[ 04-01-2003 09:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

The Empire

posted 04-03-2003 10:49 PM    
It was all Major Katarr could do to refrain from laughing aloud at the offer.

Simply ludicrous!

The lieutenant at communications was turned in his seat, one brow crooked as he awaited the words he would transmit back to the smugglers. Major Katarr didn't even speak; he merely came up behind him and leaned over his shoulder, speaking into the receiver on the console.

"I'm sorry, but the Empire is not interested in your offer at this time. We seem to have quite enough dark jedi at our disposal; we thank you for the offer, but one captured and taken to us is not likely to prove to be a welcome addition to our troops.

"You will depart Coruscant space immediately. Any other action on your part, including failure to leave as requested, will be construed as a hostile act, and your ship will be fired upon.

"This is Major Katarr aboard ISSD Catalytic, out."

Flicking the transmit switch, he then backed off and turned to the forward viewscreen, to see whether or not his instructions would be carried out.

Jebbua Dahutt

posted 04-04-2003 10:17 AM    
I nearly laughed out loud after i heard the reply.

"Now what?" The smugglers talked to each other.

"Well i don't know, since no one wants him lets just drop him of some place."

"Where?"

"Well, not Tatoonie, because thats where his friends are. How about Sullest where we kidnapped his sister from."

"OK. Lets go."

The Imeprial shuttle turned around and a few seconds later dispered into hyperspace.
(((OOC: Follow Jebbua to A Harm's Way Thread in the CSWU Forum. Thank You.)))

LumbiaSith

posted 04-05-2003 03:25 PM    
((OOC: Coming from "Shattered Green"))

Two seconds...

One second..

The ship will be exiting hyperspace as of now, before the chosen planet of: Coruscant

The computerized voice of the smuggling ship that the group had entered in a escape from Tattonie neared the planet, blockaded with numerous ships. It seemed as though they numbered in the same level of intensity that the stars which aided with light around them.

It was clear though to anyone around the realm of Coruscant, trying to enter, this ship wasn't like the others. The small escorting security force around them we're Imperial fighters. Blackline Wing forces were in perfect circle around the ship as it neared the blockade that seperated suddenly, welcoming them to the land of hell, heaven & earth.

"I have never been here before, have you.?" A raspy, but mature voice rattled through the silent freighter ship. A dark black man, no older than 19 sat before the two tentacle
humanoid, his hands mystically motioning his hand. Beckoning the powers of the Force, the supernatural element that penetrated all living and once living things in the universe, to lift a cup.

Lumbia let his hands drop as he heard spectated in amazement the seperation and landing in the hangar of Coruscant. When his hand dropped the sound of breaking glass ripped through the lull ship.

"Hmm, we're actually going to land." He commented.

[ 04-05-2003 03:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Kiara

posted 04-06-2003 12:14 PM    
Kia'ra merely arched a perfectly-shaped eyebrow in Lumbia's direction. Then she replied, her tone entirely cynical. "I'm a slave girl and I've been working for Grakko almost all my life. Slave girls don't make frequent visits anywhere...

...unless of course it's in the process of changing owners."

She fell completely silent at that, her mind spinning to the fact that now she was a slave girl minus a job. Even if the Jedi fullfilled their promise to return her to her home world of Rhyloth...

...what then?

Kia'ra knew the answer to that very well: she'd become a slave girl on her own world. She wasn't good for anything else. And a girl did have to eat, no matter the personal cost. It was just business, and it was stupid for anyone to think it was personal.

Her indigo eyes, vague at that, moistened ever the slightest at the thought. But she instantly jerked those same eyes foreward, any flash of any emotion simultaneously jerked from them as the ship was guided to Coruscant by the Blackline Wing. She kept her gaze trained on the approaching city and hanger, only allowing them to shift a moment as she observed Lumbia's little "cup trick." She frowned.

Damn Jedi and their mystical palor tricks...

But that only held her attention a moment; her eyes wandered back forward in silent speculation. As the city came into clearer focus and the ship finally landed in a massive hanger, a sudden resolve had begun to fill Kia'ra.

She was on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Galaxy. Surely there was something she could do to earn a few credits here...

...honest ones or not...

[ 04-06-2003 12:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kiara ]

Paul Arrakeen

posted 04-06-2003 01:48 PM    
No one could sense it. Not the Jedi, not the Twi'lek, no one. But if he hadn't hide it, they would have seen Paul's fear...

His right hand had been shaking uncontrollably ever since they dropped out of hyperspace. He was quick to hide it under his robes and keep a straight face on as they approached Coruscant.

Paul was well aware of what he was afraid of...

If anything happens to the others, it would be my fault.

Paul stared ahead as the ship entered the hangar, and slowly glided down onto its landing ramps. The Blackline Wing were long gone by then to return their fleet.

I'm risking too much for this...too much...

Outside several squads of stormtroopers lined in formation in front of the freighter. Paul watched as one officer walked over to the next. He heard the conversation that followed, as every word they spoke was replayed inside their minds.

"Inform General Tarnus of this. The Jedi has returned, but he has brought others with him as well."

"Yes, sir."

Then the uniformed man walked away, heading for the turbolift.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 04-06-2003 05:13 PM    
Shawn leveled a completely calm gaze at Paul, clearly sensing the waves of pure fear from the other Jedi even though he tried to keep it at bay. Ever the controlled one, Shawn kept that totally calm aura as he then returned his gaze forward, prepared to follow whomever would be coming for them.

There is no reason to fear what has not happened, he thought to Paul. And Shawn truly believed that. Granted he had some serious concerns regarding the darkness he'd been sensing ever since they'd be on Tatooine, but he felt Tarnus would be fair...

...at least, he'd always been the other times Shawn had encountered him. Shawn stretched out his senses to examine his sphere of influence while he waited...

...and was promptly met with splotches of darkness all about them. Shawn didn't frown; he didn't even blink. He merely continued to wait, only allowing his deepening concern to show in that he became the slightest bit more alert. He sent one final tendril of thought out to Paul as he continued to stand silent.

The darkness is all about us here...

LumbiaSith

posted 04-06-2003 05:38 PM    
Lumbia once again took stand, breaking the silence that had promptly taken it's place because of the placement of fear. Lumbia, though not as expirenced in the ways of the Jedi knew when fear was amoungst him. The expirences of bringing that fear was something he wouldn't forget, and in the path of the light would attempt to use it for the better.

"Excuse me, Shawn & Paul--what is the trouble?" He began, coming to a stand while his robe was pulled without any physical attributes of the Force-user changing. Landing over his shoulder in a fitted manner, he came to a stop beside the two chairs. Staring at the two, he studied their description.

"Paul, what do you sense?" The black haired youth questioned, his voice low in whisper so Kiara wouldn't be frightened.

Then, the Rogue Jedi waited, in all the silence that man could produce, he waited. The Jedi ways had became hard to follow, especially without the formal, organized teachings. He had yet to become a student, and learn from a living being the power of the light side, the calmness of a Jedi, and the aura that one would have. He just want off instincts, and they hadn't got him far.

He was just back where he started, infront of the Imperial. It was clear the politics of the galaxy weren't the ways of the Jedi, and he had just been contenously drawn to it. The only good thing out of the whole situation is that he had meet two Jedi in the process, and their was a possibility that he could learn during their travel something from them.

Anything would be good...

"Whats wrong..?" Lumbia said once again, his voice even lower in volume, and more concerned to emphasis his want.

The want of knowledge--not only the knowledge of this Imperial situation, but he wanted to find from the emotions of the man, even his expression how to be a Jedi.

[ 04-07-2003 06:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Paul Arrakeen

posted 04-09-2003 03:19 PM    
It is not from the planet nor its inhabitants you sense the darkness from. he thought to Shawn and to Lumbia, hoping that would answer his question. Paul bowed his head, knowing it was something else that surrounded them...in that very ship...

"Master."

The Jedi looked up suddenly at the familiar voice of his Padawan. He didn't know why he did that; Paul should've known he would see nothing but the group of stormtroopers in parade formation.

"Did..." he started, looking at neither Shawn nor Lumbia. "...Did you hear..."

The radio cackled to life as a stern, direct voice followed it. "Attention, freigher. Lower your landing ramp and allow an inspection team to come aboard. We will be escorting you out shortly. Any attempt at resistance will result in the destruction of your ship."

Frowning, Paul leaned forward and flipped a switch. A red light on the control board started blinking, an alarm that the freighter's landing ramp was being lowered.

"Kia'ra," he said quietly, but loud enough for her to hear. "Just do what they say and don't fight back. If we cooperate, they might let us go..."

LumbiaSith

posted 04-09-2003 08:16 PM    
Lumbia smiled at Kia'ra after his answer was given, trying to comfort her in this new, akward, core world. Heading slowly toward her, he waited for the entrance of the stormtroopers. His lips curved into a smirk of confidence, as he slowly pulled his hood over his head.

"Paul, don't worry--your relations with one of the Imperial officals will allow us a clean way down into the city." Lumbia said suddenly, his voice like the sun taken an apperance on a cloudy day.

Yet, his mind was racing with certainity that trouble could brew from his presence. He had never been smitten with the Imperial, specially since he attack one of their bases-even before he became a Rogue Jedi.

Breaking through his thoughts was the abrupt sound of the door swinging open. The stormtroopers equipted with the traditional blasters. Their white suits reflecting the sun that stared above, with their monsterous mask keeping their eyes from pain of the brightness. The group came from all walks of life, but as of now they walked beside each other in achieving what they wanted.

It was than that the Rogue Jedi realized how insignificant, and irrelevant was the fight. The Republic should have dealt with the situation much differently. Force was always the last resort--yet it seemed like the first.

Innocent we're dying, and it was all caused of the rebellious act..

"Why, why do we as a galaxy love the work of pain. The affliction, it is so wrong." He said in such a tone that only Kia'ra could hear, though his words were not in a question--nor directed to her. He thought outloud, but his awe painted eyes show he knew nothing of it.

"Exit the freight ship you four." The tallest of the Imperial began, his extra padding showing he was their commander, or general on this mission.

Lumbia was the first to follow the general's orders. The dark brown haired force-user heading slowly outside with two strormtrooper escorts beside him. It was seconds later when he was waiting outside for the others--hoping their would be no casualties.

The Empire

posted 04-09-2003 11:59 PM    
The squad leader couldn't help but smirk a little, for unease was that evident upon the younger man's face... along with his obvious awe and hesitation. Only the iron training of the Imperial kept him from otherwise displaying his reaction to Lumbia's transparent body language.

He considers us that distasteful, he thought as with a wave of one hand he commanded his squad into an honor guard around the foursome. Then he turned away to lead them on to Command HQ, where Lt. General Tarnus awaited them.

How utterly foolish of him.

Behind him came the squad with Paul, Shawn, Kia'ra and Lumbia carefully enclosed in their midst, and behind them came the search party, who had boarded the ship the moment it's occupants had departed, soon exiting with a rustbucket of an ancient droid held carefully between them. Marching in unison the group quickly sped up to double-time cadence, and swiftly and surely moved away from the hangar bay and out onto the walkways of Imperial City.

LumbiaSith

posted 04-10-2003 08:24 PM    
Lumbia walked as ordered through the streets, not even a sense of possible casualties in his body language. He was normally structured, and calm--though he was being pressured by Imperial guards to hurry forward.

Sorben Tarnus

posted 04-13-2003 01:11 PM    
Clement proclamations....

It was all I could do not to snort aloud. I straightened up in my chair, raising a gauntleted hand as I did so. The Reborn immediately came into flanking position next to this Lord Elnas, their lightsabers held in ready position yet in such a manner to clearly indicate that he was no longer regarded as merely a "guest" of the Empire.

"Arrest this man," I ordered briefly. "He's not going anywhere until I get to the bottom of what's brewing on Kamino."

The Reborn nodded, then whirled in unison and escorted their prisoner to a holding cell. I immediately opened a channel to CCHQ, where I ordered the immediate capture of the ship Elnas had arrived in. After deploying yet another fleet to investigate Kaminoan happenings, I then turned my attention to another message light which was blinking on my console. I flipped it, studied the contents of the message now scrolling across my screen.

Arakeen was returning with the droid as ordered, but had some friends with him? Well well well....

Smiling grimly behind my visor I sent an order that he and his party were to be brought directly to my ready room. Then I settled back in silence to await their arrival.

LumbiaSith

posted 04-13-2003 03:19 PM    
The group arrived without any casualties reported.

((OOC: This thread continues in Tomorrow Never Comes in this forum, thank you.))

[ 04-16-2003 12:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]