The Holonet Boards   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » E1 sucked

Dash

posted 05-02-2001 09:30 PM    
I personaly hated E1 it had no story the characters were messed up

------------------
If I cared I'd be smiling right now :(

Anakin

posted 05-02-2001 10:04 PM    
No story? How'd they go about writing the book without a story?

And the characters weren't messed up, the acting was.

------------------
- Anakin IMAGE: forums.escapepod.net/wavey.gif
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Mara1Jade

posted 05-03-2001 12:09 PM    
Must we get into this "Episode 1 sucked, Episode 1 didn't suck" frame of mind? It's really destructive of a forum to do that. I mean, it's ok to voice your complaints on Ep. 1, but must we have a thread titled "Episode 1 Sucked"???

------------------
If the wind no longer calls you, it is time to see if you have forgotten your name...

BobPalpatine

posted 05-03-2001 12:29 PM    
Personally I thought EP1 was a good movie...I watched it again last nite. The acting was pretty good actually but some of the actors I think weren't used to their full potential.

The story itself did not suck either. EP1 is setting up all thats gonna happen in EP2-6 so its gonna be a lil less of a storyline and more of setting up for later story lines.

I guaruntee that once EP2 is out you'll be grateful that you saw some of what you did in TPM....

There's my two cents IMAGE: forums.escapepod.net/cgi/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

RedMirax

posted 05-03-2001 07:38 PM    
I LOVED TPM. It had the same formula as the 1st three with more Jedi skills involved!!! We see so much of what Jedi can do in TPM. We really had no idea in the other movies. I actually watched TPM this weekend. I have to watch the wide screen version again now, too!!! LOL

------------------
Who needs TK? Corran has EVERYTHING else!!!

Dash

posted 05-03-2001 11:15 PM    
well lets compare them too the first 3 movies shall I say more?

------------------

Mara1Jade

posted 05-03-2001 11:24 PM    
Well, you couldn't say much less. IMAGE: forums.escapepod.net/cgi/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
If the wind no longer calls you, it is time to see if you have forgotten your name...

Dash

posted 05-04-2001 09:36 PM    
true

------------------

nutso_fanchild

posted 11-11-2003 07:58 PM    
Ep 1 is the episode that got me into Star Wars in the first place, due to the fact I'm 11 years younger than ANH