my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Now That it has Come and Passed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Now That it has Come and Passed
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 05-01-2006 12:18 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So everyone, Episode III is out, and the new trilogy is complete. So what do you guys think? Not only about the new trilogy compared to the old trilogy, but all the movies overall. Personally I'm kind of sad that it's all over. I don't think Lucas is planning on any more movies, which makes me sadder...I love the movies, but I really don't want them to have ended. What do you guys and girls think?
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 75.12.75.14
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-01-2006 08:42 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would agree that it is sad that it is all over. There isn't anything new to look forward to - well nothing we know of and can be certain of. Hollywood has been really dissapointing me lately - there have been almost no new movies out that I have had the slightest desire to spend money seeing lately. It is very discouraging to think that the last series I have been looking forward to has been dissappointing in many of its films (this would be Harry Potter) and even that will soon come to a close.

As for the movie itself - I definitely found that it completely changed my outlook on the OT - on certain characters at least. Vader is no longer scary for me - he's sad and pathetic and someone who has lost everything. Someone to be pitied - though he did do it to himself - he was tricked and swindled and I can't help but feel sorry for him - through the whole rest of the Saga. But that's only my take!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 67.51.232.45
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 07-27-2006 01:26 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see Episode 7-9, not that it is possible. But it'd be durned cool to see Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, and Admiral Thrawn on the big screen.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-27-2006 02:27 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know who I want to see in a starwars movie? As any character really? Christopher Walken. I'd just find that so very amusing.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.146.41
Siratne

Member # 822

posted 01-13-2007 11:28 AM     Profile for Siratne   Author's Homepage   Email Siratne     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kind of an old thread...But heres my take on things... new trilogy started off bad, ep 1 wasnt to impressive compared to the OT, ep 2 was kinda cool, ep 3 won me over and gave me good feelings about it all, tied the series together nicely...

but it shouldnt be over...if you ask me lucas should, and i know it sounds kind of grand but it is star wars we're talking about, seek out an heir to the starwars legacy. Find someone that can be true to what starwars is about, and have them carry it on, so he doesnt have to worry about it.

but maybe thats just the ramblings of a wishfull fanboy :P

--------------------

There is a careful balance to the world. Between light and dark...I walk the tightrope.

Posts: 16 | From: | Registered: Dec 2006  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2007 12:21 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have heard rumors that Mark Hamil bought the rights to make future Star Wars films. Now its another question of "Will he actually make more SW films?" I think the answer is NO.

We have already been blessed with 8 SW movies. Yes 8. Not 6. You have to count the two Ewok movies. Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endore.

And we have had the Clone Wars miniseries. Teh Droids Cartoon, The Ewoks cartoon. And soon we will have a totally CG series based on the clone wars. For as much as I love Star Wars... Enough is enough!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 156.34.205.243
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 07-03-2007 06:55 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really old thread but I feel its worth mentioning that there is currently a starwars live action television show produced and directly (atleast the pilot I believe) co-written by lucas. Erm... I know its not really another 3 movies but it's something. Anyway its supposed to begin airing in 2009 and consist of a hundred hour long episodes... So thats cool...

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 66.108.214.50

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05