my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Another Spoiler

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Another Spoiler
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-07-2000 05:43 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's an interview with a guy who did some stuff with the script....
SPOILER WARNING!
The following post may contain information that could ruin the movie for you. Read at your own risk!

How did you get involved with the Episode 2 project?

Hales: "I had worked with Lucasfilm on the Yound Indiana Jones Chronicles and George had liked my script work on that series. One day I got a call from Lucasfilm about working on the Episode 2 script. I was in shock. It's a dream job. Every decent screenwriter dreams of writing a Star Wars screenplay."

What did you contribute to the Episode 2 story line?

Hales: "When I got George's draft of the script, it was basically a love story with a few action sequences. George told me he wanted me to add an 'adrenaline rush' to the film and to make it as exciting as possible. So I added a death-defying duel between a new character called Jango Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi. I also added a giant arena battle where Mace Windu shows why he is a fierce warrior and Yoda's equal. I added a duel between Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku that was not in George's original version. I
also improved on the duel Anakin has with Darth Tyranus. Tyranus is an extremely interesting character because he is a sophisticated computer character like Jar Jar Binks."

How does the film end?

Hales: "For the heroes, the ending is both good and bad. They have defeated certain forces of evil; however, it comes at an extremely high price. Certain characters are lost. As for the villains perspective, things are going as planned. Palpatine continues to solidify his power, but he loses another Sith apprentice in the process. The last part of the film focuses on a huge wedding ceremony between Anakin and Padme. Hundreds and hundreds of characters attend this great wedding. After the wedding, Anakin faces Dooku. The film ends with a spine-tingling cliffhanger that leaves you wanting to see Episode 3 immediately."

Did you ask Lawrence Kasdan (screenwriter of the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) for any advice?

Hales: "No, I basically just listened to what George had to say when I showed him my various ideas for the script. One thing I wanted was the largest space battle of all time, but George said that would have to wait
for the climax of Episode 3 when the Republic is completely ripped apart. However, I was able to include a cool space battle in the film, but on a much smaller scale."

What does Jar Jar do in the film?

Hales: "He's a sideline character in this film. He doesn't have very much screen time. The plot focuses mainly on Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme. George wanted to reduce Jar Jar's screen time because it is so time consuming to put digital characters in the film. Instead, of Jar Jar, Darth Tyranus has a larger role. Much larger than the role that Darth Maul had in the last one."

Will you be involved in Episode 3?

Hales: "George hasn't said. I told him I would love to help him however I can in the future so we'll just have to wait and see. My fingers are crossed."

We are all looking forward to the next Star Wars film.

Hales: "Yes, I bet so. It's going to be a thrilling roller coaster of a movie. Pure fun."

END OF SPOILER

So there ya have it....like the spoiler thing? You put [ SPOILER ] spoiler goes here [/ SPOILER ] without the spaces of course...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 206.148.192.236

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05