my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » hehe

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: hehe
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-03-2000 07:57 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A guy tried to blow out the Olympic Torch with fire extinguisher.....he was only 17 though. I know it has nothing to do with Star Wars but I wanted to tell someone...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Anakin on September 03, 2000]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.44.23
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-03-2000 08:15 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did he suceed?

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.127.189
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-03-2000 08:34 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope. He got it good too, but it stayed lit.

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.44.23
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-03-2000 09:30 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
D'oh! That'd be cool if somebody could actually blow the damned thing out!!!!

------------------
Darth Wicked

BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-03-2000 10:04 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL....I think I'm gonna try that now....

Nice avatar Wicked...

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I got the rap industry clock clock on lock![/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 24.148.24.155
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-03-2000 10:11 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you very much Bob.

------------------
Darth Wicked

R2

Dictator

Member # 121

posted 09-09-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for R2   Author's Homepage   Email R2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you people do know it won't go out from an extinguisher cause its being fed lighter fuild through the torch right? Plus you do know they keep the flame in another place right? In case they did suceed all they gotta do is bring the second flame and light it again. You know thats the second time an aussie kid has tried to blow the thing out. Plus one of the torch runners tripped, fell and dropped the thing.

------------------
R2 thePOD

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 166.62.175.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05