my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Queens of the Stone Age

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Queens of the Stone Age
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-27-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In there hands is the future of rock. Who better to be torch bearers for rock, but Queens of the Stone Age!

The band fronted by Josh Homme and Nick Olveri, includes some very feirce players behind them, including ex-Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl, and ex-Screaming Trees frontman Mark Langean.

This band is guarunteed to rock your socks off. Maybe because of the amazing guitar riffs, or just the sheer intensity of the drums, or maybe even Josh Homme's and Mark Langean's haunting vocals.

I went out and bought this cd as soon as I could today at Best Buy, for a measly $6.99 I got the new Songs For The Deaf with a bonus DVD. Pretty darn good if ya ask me. From the very beginning of the cd you are pounded with amazing guitars and percussion, weilded by very good performers.

Kerrang!, NME, Blender, SPIN, RollingStone, and many other respected music magazines all agree with me too. QOTSA are going to be the next big thing. Although I have a feeling that it may not get past a certain group, because I don't know. I think the world is still in a stage where they are stuck on pop, you know all that sucky boy-band, no musical talent thing.

While some of the music requires a certain taste, others can be appreciated by all. The punk roots run strong throughout this album, and they continue to pound you over the head, and ask you why you weren't listening to this for years?
Songs For The Deaf promises to be one of the year's best albums. Although there are still some major rock players that still have to release their albums. Such as Foo Fighters, which is another band which features Dave Grohl, who apparently has a midas touch. Although QOTSA were rockin' before Dave started druming for them, although adding him to the line up gave them even more intensity.

I suggest you check out this album, especially saying its only $7, not a bad price for an hour worth of music, and 6 hours of DVD material.

If you are interested even more check out their other albums.
Rated RQueens of the Stone Age

and Josh and Nick's former band Kyuss also has some great cds.

Yea, definitly worth a look!

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.166

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05