my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Mulholland Drive

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Mulholland Drive
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 06-01-2002 03:19 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the person who brought you Twin Peaks comes.... MULHOLLAND DRIVE!

Yea, David Lynch has gotta be the weirdest director to ever set foot in Hollywood....well at least the weirdest to make it big.

I bought Mulholland Drive expecting it to be good...what I got was, well confused.

The visual aspects of Mulholland Drive are great, but the story makes absolutely no sense. No one can make sense of the whole thing.

Like many of Lynch's other works, just when you think your about to unlock the mystery, the story goes a completely different way, and in the end you are left puzzled.

While as stunned as I can be about the visual and directing aspects of this film, I am equally as stunned, it kind of a bad way as to how confusing this film is.

In the end this film is fun to watch just because of how Lynch sets it up. The way he develops characters in this movie is amazing, and the actors and actresses in this movie do a wonderful job of switching to each personality of the character that is needed. (See the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Yea, people you should probably see this movie, but be forewarned, you may be disappointed as to there is no real "Aha" type ending. It will leave you saying, "Uh, is that it?"

So has anyone seen this movie besides me, and want to say what they think is about, before I say what I think it is about.

I will say one thing that gives the story a whole lot more depth. It all has to do with dreams....

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.110

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05