my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Front Lines: Short Story

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Front Lines: Short Story
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-07-2002 11:25 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Front Lines...

I- Tye Crouch, sat motionless behind the explosions, in the damp, dirty surface. The smelly stinch of death, and blood surronded me as I slowly implaced the bullets in my gun, prepared to unleash a assault on the remaining adversary from our front line attack.

Our Adversary- a large group of men, and women from all around the world, who were all under one religion, which they believed should conquer the world. Everyone on their sadastic side, believed that their were more then one god, unlike the religion of Christans, and Muslims. These people numbered in the hundreds suprisingly, and along side them where people of darkness, known at school I resided a few years back, as "Goths." Yeah, their were a few of them Christans, and those were the ones who weren't fighting at all-but we; the boys and girls who unwillingly were dragged into the suits of green, were on the front lines before a undescribable force of well-trained men.

I was to die...

I could feel the tear well in my eye before I took a stand, and ran an up, angrily from the burrowing in the ground, we were ordered to stay behind for security. I placed my hand on the trigger, and went into a ducking position, staring straight at the combatants, who had trained over the last five years of the religions strong-hold empire establishment, ranging between the date of its orgination: 2007 to 2017. Pulling onto the trigger, and squeezing one eye shot, as I had so quickly been trained, I aimed and quickly fired. Hitting one of the human's in the head, I watched as the sticky, lush red blood went throwing its way out of the torn flesh. FLinging out from the high of the cranuim, I watched on at the spectucle of the being hitting the surface, and the blood slowly falling down.

I rolled back, comfortabally into a sitting position behind the wall that securally hanged us from their advanced weaponary, which was known by us "Darts of Execution". The first out of our fleet to expirence the pain, was John Jones. He had been hit in the arm, feeling as though nothing was to happen from the dart other then a stinging effect-he soon realized an injection of a virus went in. He abruptly went into a shaking after minutes of rest, and laid motionless. Along with that as a weapon, they had bullets just as us-but still had the advatange in numbers, and these virus shots. It was incredible how they had so quickly established, but without even a trace of who was the orginator, or emperor of the hell hole.

We, the United Kingdom of the world, which was so swiftly addressed, and created, uniting for only this war- to combine our forces against the religionous kingdom, that would fling over the world, and had already destroyed of a few small groups in Tokyo, on a deadly mission of suicidal explosives, killing up to 50 men and women-along with children. The children, someone just like me- growing up to be 18, under the rule of people who suicidally killed themselves just for a cause of control. The tears in my eyes no longer were ones of fear, but now of anger, for they were planning to do this to my brother, and family.

I no longer could hold it back, I went rushing ahead through the ground, watching as the puddles came splashing back, and forth in a rhytmic tone to the beat of my feet. I went into a slide, hearing th esounds of roaring coming from behind. I grasped upon a small grenade and placed the top between the grind of my teeth. Hardening with a neuron force going through my being, I snapped down, and unlocked the explosion that was soon to erupt. I held tightly upon it, and went back into a cycle of process that I had used to play football with. I stepped back, remembering the days of me as a young teen, unlike my adult age of 20. 20...an adult-how could it be-I could barley pay my own bills. I was only a boy trying to survive in the shoes of a man-which hadn't came out good. I had lost alot of things during the creation of our front line plan to destroy of them. A girlfriend, a few friends- and my attetion to living. I couldn't live any longer-for I was struggling to breath.

I breathed out, and threw it with a large leap ahead, crashing against the ground before the people as they rushed in small fleets. Banking against the ground, it abruptly excereted a strong flame, swallowing the victims into its wall of heat. I slowly ran my eyes behind me, staring at the people who came running beside me, following my couragous lead.

My lips slowly curved back, sharpening into a shape of optisim. I ran stepped back, and placed my knee upon the surface, and began another course of action. Not one to destroy, but one to live. I was no longer trying to survive, I was living-living the life of helping. The course of action I was taking-the kneel, the pull on teh trigger, and the attack upon our enemies-was a course of action that could only be known as helping a country. No...not a country, but a world!

I....I am Tye Crouch a Living Hero of the Front Lines.
Author Note:This was freewritten, so their are many numerous occasions that I did typos, so please excuse my uncorrected points. Otherwise, this is a poetically mind set story, that only reaches on chapter. Not very long, but hey-I was bored and I achieved what I wanted. Just a old age frewritten short story.

[ 08-07-2002 11:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05