my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Earth Jedi

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Earth Jedi
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 11-18-2000 11:07 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a story I'm starting to write...its only a rough draft and the first chapter in who knows how many....

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.47
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 11-18-2000 11:07 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anton ran with all his strength and all the strength the force would grant him. He couldn't remember what he was running from but he wasn't going to stop. He sensed the presence still close behind him. It was pure evil that chased him. He had never sensed evil like that in a person before. Whoever chased him had to be a Sith. He felt the presence get closer with each step he took. The Sith was faster than him by far. He saw his X-wing getting closer and he ran and made a large leap. He landed in the cockpit and closed it.

"EeeVee, start up this damn machine up as quick as you can. Forget preliminary checks. Just get us outta here.",Anton said to his R2 unit still seated in the X-Wing.

He looked out and saw the Sith running towards him running with a speed not usually achieved by humanoids. The Sith jumped towards the X-Wing bringing his lightsaber out in mid air. Anton was going to be dead if he didn't do something quick. A bright flash erupted from a source between Anton and the mysterious Sith.

Anton felt himself propelled forward in his X-Wing and saw himself going through a tunnel quite similar to hyperspace, the only difference of this mottled sky was the bright colors whirling around him. He could hear the shriek of EeeVee behind him. Before they new it they were in a strange place that was not the planet they were on before. The dense forest that they had been in moments ago was now filled with buildings and things Anton had never seen before. Another thing missing was the mysterious Sith. That would be something to worry about later. Anton had his scanners on and looked down at them. All looked fine about this place. From what he saw they were not that technologically advanced but they were still an advanced culture.

"EeeVee, check the area for any comm signals.", Immediately Anton got back varieties of sounds. Much of which he guessed were local music of the planet. The words were understandable basic in some places with accents and then sometimes it seemed as a very highly accented basic.

"Shake ya ass, Watch ya self-"

"Turn it off EeeVee I think I've heard enough."

Looking down at his readings he saw that he didn't have enough fuel to get off this rock and make it to another planet. There was nothing much he could do so he decided to stay and research the planet. He was sure that someone here would be able to help him.

"Ok, shut down systems and lock this thing up tight. I don't want any unwanted visitors to do anything to my fighter.",EeeVee protested loudly upon what he said,"Yes I need you to stay. Sorry buddy but if anyone takes her we'll never get off this place. Understand?"

The droid tooted at him to make sure he understood. Anton opened the hatch and jumped down to the ground which was stable even though some of the cracks in it showed it was not in the best shape. It was dark and wet in around his ship and he couldn't tell where he was. He could see some light further down. There was a rumbles of engines of what he guessed to be airspeeders farther down. He ran down towards the light and immediately stopped his running in a halt when he saw what was out there. There was a street much wider than what he stood on that was covered with speeders...with wheels!! The culture was much more primitive than he thought. They didn't even have repulsor technology. He walked down the sidewalk close to the street and tried to ignore the strange stares he got from the people that crowed the sidewalks. He got many comments from them but none of them seemed particularly friendly. One comment stuck out above all others.

"Halloween is over Jedi.",a teenage boy with a backpack said.

Anton grabbed the boy and took him to the side towards a building. He wanted to know where he was and if this planet was loyal to the Republic. Most planets Jedi were greeted very well because they were respected. He wanted to know why this planet was different.

"Boy, What planet am I on?"

"Earth ya freak...would ya mind letting me go now?"

"Earth? What system is this then?"

"You know the one they teach ya in school...the solar system.",the boy winked at him and tried to move on but Anton stepped in his way. He didn't think the boy was telling everything. He needed some answers.

"Are you part of the Republic?"

"Republic? Man your weird... I can tell you where a good clinic is where you can get help at...other than that I don't know what your talking about. And why are you dressed up like a Jedi? Halloween was like 2 weeks ago."

"I'm sorry but I'm not from here-"

"Obviously", the boy interrupted

"How is that obvious to you?"

"Well lets see...you don't know where you are. Two your asking about systems and the ‘republic' and apparently you think you're a Jedi? Hmm...I wonder how I would know that?"

"I'm sorry but I'm not merely dressed up as a Jedi I am one"

The boy didn't seem to believe anything he said. He knew things about the Republic and such but he did not understand many of the questions Anton asked.

"Yea and I'm Luke Skywalker...can I go?"

"I'm sorry but do you know Master Skywalker?",Anton jumped on the question to figure out how the boy knew Luke Skywalker.

"My god your scary! You really think you're a Jedi don't you? It's a good costume but being a real Jedi isn't possible."

The boy started walking off at a brisk pace leaving Anton behind him. Anton jogged to catch up with the boy and quickly dragged him off into an alley.

"Man don't hurt me! I'm sorry if I offended you. You are a Jedi just please don't hurt me!"

"Why would I hurt you. I just wanted to talk to you and show you something-"

"Oh my God. I'm not for that kind of stuff man. I'm straight. I'll turn you in for this if I make it out alive!"

Anton took out his lightsaber and ignited the blade. The boy stood in awe of the green blade. He had never seen anything so...real! It looked real as could be but the boy didn't believe it was real. It was merely a good manufactured toy or a light trick. He brought his finger out to touch it but Anton quickly shut it off and pushed the boys hand back with the force.

"How did you do that!?! Are you really a Jedi?",Anton nodded,"Holy crap dude. Your coming with me! Were gonna figure out how you do this stuff."

Anton and the boy walked out of the alley into the crowd full of people again and walked to a place Anton did not know where...

END PART I

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.47

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05