my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » We need a way to do this......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: We need a way to do this......
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-03-2001 10:46 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you aren't a skilled writer like Graysith is, conversations when you only have one character to work with is kinda hard. Can anyone think of any ideas so that we could have conversations between two characters easily? I was thinkign do it over IM and then post it and stuff....I dunno...

------------------
- Anakin
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.195.190
Whisper

Member # 0

posted 05-03-2001 10:56 PM     Profile for Whisper   Email Whisper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone here been posted in The Sith Temple at Swz.com?

We pretty much had free reign with everyones characters, as long as they stayed within the character owners characterization....

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.210.211.107
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-03-2001 11:03 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This isn't StarWarz.com, we do things differently here.

------------------
- Anakin
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.195.190
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-03-2001 11:06 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, even keeping someone's character "in character" might be difficult for someone who hasn't done much writing. Heck, I've read some authors throughout my reading SW that couldn't keep a character "in character". The AIM thing could work though I think. Either that or maybe you could email the person who's character you want to use a copy of what you want to post before you do it. That way the person can change any of their character's lines to better fit their character if necessary, and even say "This isn't going to work" if they really don't think it fits the character. I dunno, what does someone else think?

------------------
If the wind no longer calls you, it is time to see if you have forgotten your name...

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.157
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-03-2001 11:23 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whisper: The reason we have that rule is so people who are new at it and just come in don't abuse other's characters and such and give them time to study that character to before posting at all with it.

Most people usually earn my trust enough to let them use my characters.

If you know of someone who you trust using your character you can always make formal allowances.

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.254

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05