my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Tales of Strength, Life of Honor (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tales of Strength, Life of Honor
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 10-24-2012 05:25 PM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OOC: Follow Bes'in, Kyan, Link, Terrin, Yaoksi, and Galen from "Where will you go" in the same forum.)))

"Stand by," Bes'in said.

Taking control of the comm station Bes'in sent a short coded message out on a low band radio frequency, one not used or tracked by most people any more. His clan was not most people. Bes'in stood waiting knowing that all with the exception of Kyan would be in awe of what they were about to see.

The field of snow that surrounded the glacier began to shimmer and dissolve revealing a valley of fertile farmland and one ever conspicuously large structure. All of this was under overlapping domes of several energy shields that could undoubtedly handle a sustained barrage from orbit. In time that too discover away, leaving those on board standing in silence. That silence was only broken when a voice came back over the comms.

"Challenger vessel this is Cuy'val Dar control, We have cleared you to land on pad seven landing lights have been activated. Cuy'val Dar control out."

On cue a ring of lights on the main structure lit up revealing where the Challenger was to land.

"I hope you appreciate the trust Kyan has placed in you," Bes'in said. "Most Mandalorians outside of my clan have never seen this place. So take this to heart when I say welcome to New Kyrimorut."

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2012  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-31-2012 08:58 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Kriffing Hell.

Terrin's thoughts were jarred from any wandering thoughts he was having regarding what they were about to do...

...and what Galen was potentially up to that she wasn't telling him about...

...when Bes'in unveiled Kyrimorut to them.

Somehow managing to keep his jaw from hitting the floor, Terrin glanced about a little at the others reactions, noting looks of surprise and awe on their faces as well. Galen, who had been remarkably taciturn and unreadable...

...too much so....

even had a look of surprise on her face.

Terrin turned back to the forward view as Yaoksi began piloting his way towards the ring of lights. He shook his head, again in awe.

"Wow," Terrin said under his breath, potentially sounding stupid, but for the moment really having no other words.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 11-03-2012 01:23 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sat very still then, the sensation of heavy breathing falling on the back of my neck as the feeling of someone hunkering very, very close by washed over me. Strangely though, even though I knew it was Captain Danner hanging over my shoulder, (something that normally would have pulled a bantering, "Hey!" from me) I found myself suddenly tongue-tied, my own eyes joining his in staring at the forward screen. For the briefest of moments I simply gawked right alongside him, awed at the sight of what once was glacier and now was...

Not.

That not-ness jerked me back to reality, and I shivered.

"I think I'll stay home and mind the ship," I muttered as I played around with a few buttons and switches on my boards, and in the doing not only telling Challenger to remain on standby mode but to take off and return to Coruscant, should I, for whatever reason, not program her to do otherwise by the end of a certain time-frame.

I heaved a barely perceptible sigh of satisfaction, the deed having been done, when I thought of something else. It didn't take much to program in the command for the drive to overheat and melt all primary, sensitive circuits and thruster components into less than slag if I didn't key in a particular sequence that only I knew... or didn't at particular time intervals key in portions of that final sequence.

Everyone was so quick to leap to join this warrior bunch, and maybe in the heat of the moment so was I... but now that we're here, and I can see the kind of technology they have, well...

I don't want to be the one to for one reason or another let them have something they just might NOT already have. What is ours, IS OURS.

And we just might be needing her to get the hell out of here in a great big hurry.

[ 11-03-2012 01:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.182.80.185
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-03-2012 01:35 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uncharacteristically for me, I stood in silence. Equally out of form, I didn't waste my last few moment aboard Challenger gawking at the screen, but rather took this opportunity to take what just might be a last look at my shipmates.

Master Kyan was standing in comfortable quiet, as if waiting for all of us to exhale.

Little Link was busy doing something with the boards in front of her, trying to look as though disappearing glaciers were commonplace for her... but I could sense the bit of uncomfortable awe slipping out from behind her tough facade.

Captain Joao at first gawked with the best of us, but then seemed to physically jerk himself away to do something with the myriad controls on the board in front of him. I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw him smile a little then, as if almost in relief.

And Terrin...

Oh dear Khaandon, forgive me, Terrin...

...was standing there, looking awed right alongside Captain Joao, but through that awe I could clearly sense discomfort laced with a tinge of unhappiness.

I knew it was because of me.

I drew in a breath, reached out, took his hand and squeezed it.

Trust me, my love...

I didn't dare say anything. I just let my body drift against his, let my head lay for a moment against the assurety of his strength...

...and then pulled away.

"Master," I then said, turning to the calm and quiet Kyan, giving him the honorific though I suddenly knew we both knew he could not truly teach me; only Someone Else could...

"I'm ready," I said, quite simply for the lack of any other way to say it.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.182.80.185
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-03-2012 10:09 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The gentle squeeze of Galen's hand around his pulled Terrin's attention away from the awe-inspiring sight looming in front of them, pulling his thoughts back to the plans she had told him of...

...and the plans he suspected she had and wasn't sharing.

Now's the time to tell what kind of a husband you are going to be after getting a more than simply rare chance at it, Captain, a little voice whispered.

He turned and looked her over as she spoke to Kyan, taking in her dear features, and realizing perhaps now more than he ever had that he loved her for every single one of them.

And more than anything for those which were unseen.

She was strong, determined, and wise beyond her years.

And she is relying on you not only to trust her, but to use your own discretion on when to intervene. The former you were able to do in the past, but the latter...

Terrin shook himself from these thoughts, and quite consciously reached a hand out, placed it on her shoulder, and gave a reassuring squeeze. Then he stepped away, in a motion which he hoped indicated the trust he had in her...

...as well as the intentions he had to always be there, whether nearby or from a bit further off.

This time things would not be the same...

[ 11-03-2012 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-03-2012 10:37 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To say Kyan could feel Galen’s turmoil would have been an understatement. He knew she was holding something back from him and from Terrin, but beyond that he could feel the solidarity of her resolve.

This is not the time to prod, she’s not like your other ad’ika she came into your life as an adult let her make her own decisions.

Not fully satisfied with his own internal justifications Kyan reluctantly pushed them aside to focus on more important matters.

Ba’vod’ika,” Kyan said. “These people I brought can be trusted and I personally assure you that they will not betray what our clan has worked to achieve. If you can listen to what they have to say and trust that everything they say is the truth.”

Turning to Terrin, Link, and Yaoksi Kyan addressed them next.

“I will also personally vet Bes’in for the Coalition, be honest and truthful with him. You don’t need to hold back when it comes to the Vong or the Sith, he has seen enough to believe anything you have to say about them.”

Kyan turned back to Bes’in and layed a hand on Galen’s shoulder.

Gal’ika and I have something else to take care of something important. I need a ship as soon as possible. Something fast, heavily armed, and not to small preferably. Also controls labeled in basic, Gal’ika will be piloting.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 50.45.218.229
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 11-03-2012 11:03 PM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mandalorians had a belief that much can be conveyed without saying a word; they attributed this notion to the fact that because of their armor they had to develop the ability. Bes’in subscribed to this notion as well, he noticed the subtle cues from Kyan that might be lost to non-Mandalorians. He could tell Kyan couldn’t see but was not blind, he caught Kyan’s use of attaching the –ika suffix to Galen’s name, from his years of knowing Kyan he could read his body language and knew that this was important to Kyan… important to them all.

“Done Ky’ika,” answered Bes’in. “We have done much since you have been away, we are now ready the Paladins are ready. Take a Tor I’ll have one of my warriors lead you there but first Kani finished the armor before she left. Yours is badly out of date take a little time to see her work while we get the ship ready.”

Bes’in could ready the surprise from Kyan even through his armor at the mention of Kani finishing the armor. Even Bes’in was surprised that Kani succeeded where her own mother and Kyan’s wife had failed in the past. He also didn’t miss the hurt from Kyan at the mention of Kani’s name.

“Don’t worry about Kan’ika,” Bes’in said. “We haven’t forgotten about her, we will do everything to bring her home.”

As Bes’in finished speaking a small group of Mandalorians walked up to the base of the Challenger’s boarding ramp waiting for instructions from Bes’in. He sent them a short message relaying what he told Kyan and received an acknowledgement on his HUD. Then in a move that would surprise anyone not familiar with Mandalorian culture he placed both his hands on Kyan’s shoulders then game him a small head butt helmet to helmet. Then he turned his back to Kyan to address the others while Kyan and Galen left out the back to meet with the warriors outside the vessel.

“Now,” Bes’in began. “What is it you need of my clan.”

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2012  |  Logged: 50.45.218.229
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-03-2012 11:09 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I nodded once if only to acknowledge Kyan's words before adding any of my own. Not that there really was anything much for me to say at this point.

"Ummm... shall we, then?"

I forced something of a tight-lipped smile across my face, partially so due to the inanity of that statement but more so to keep locked tightly behind it the knowledge of what wheel I might be setting into motion in the next few hours.

I drew a breath and then, as it didn't appear anyone else was going to take the lead, headed to the opened hatch to disembark. There I paused a moment, though, to take in the sight of the hidden city-base stretching out before me, the clean lines of it underscored by the towering peaks which protected its flanks. My gaze was then drawn to the helmeted figures who stood firm and tall at the edge of the ramp, waiting for us to join them. I moved aside as the figure of this Bes'in boarded Challenger and partook of an apparent ritual with Kyan before turning toward the others, even as Kyan joined me and then began heading down to where the warriors waited.

I shrugged inwardly, and trailed a couple steps behind.

In for a credit...

[ 11-03-2012 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.182.80.4
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-03-2012 11:46 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin had to consciously force himself to stop gazing at Galen as she headed off ship as Bes'in addressed those who remained, asking specifically what it was they needed from his clan. And it was also in that moment that Terrin realized he was going to have to take the lead here, and for the moment let go of his rising concerns.

For the moment.

Looking towards Bes'in's t-shaped visor, Terrin opened with what he hoped was the most honest and understandable answer to the question which had been presented.

"Things are happening which we as a group have knowledge of, things which will present a great threat to the galaxy as a whole. We have reason to believe, based on some of our experiences, that the Yuuzhan Vong are returning to our Galaxy...

...and that this time they are combined with Forces who are more than strong enough to destroy us all. There is a Force out there, something Dark and Foreboding, that we cannot identify but which my wife Galen has sensed with the Force and with powers she has that are beyond even the Force," he stated, choosing for the moment to leave explanation of the All for perhaps another time. "It is Dark and Evil, and far more than anything we can really describe or even understand at this point...

...but it is a very powerful entity."

Terrin trailed, feeling suddenly inadequate to really explain clearly what all was occurring. "We have also encountered forces from other Realms, from those of Death, who we also believe may be in league with the Vong."

He paused once more, shaking his head. "And to add to all of this, the Sith who this Galaxy knows are merely Dark Jedi who defeated a race, who are the true Sith...

...who are, like all others, some good and some not so much. Those who are not may also be in league with the Vong and these Darker forces...

...and they have powers and magicks of their own. We need allies who are willing to believe what I will admit is unbelievable, and who are willing to fight against what is incoming and with us if and when the time comes. I can tell you more of what I know, for there is quite a lot to be told...

...but please believe me when I say we need to start building a strong network of allies, and now, for something is incoming that I don't even have the words to fully describe."

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-04-2012 12:19 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan followed closely behind the warriors with Galen in tow. He did not recognize any of the warriors; by his estimate the oldest of them could be in there 30’s making them only children when Kyan left. The warriors led them down a turbolift to ground level where they led him to a small warehouse outside of the main building. They stopped outside of the doorway to the warehouse with the lead warrior stepping forward to address Kyan.

“When your Ad’ika was captured by the empire we brought her possessions here from Old Kyrimorut. Let us know when you are ready and I’ll take you two to the main hanger where we keep out Tor frigates.”

With that the Mandalorians moved away establishing a perimeter while Kyan and Galen were left to themselves. Kyan knowing how anxious Galen was to leave entered the warehouse with her hitting the lights. The warehouse was mostly empty at one corner was an anvil and a hammer used to forge armor plates another end had a workbench with an assortment of electronics for assembling armor. In the back were racks of weaponry, some firearms, some lightsabers, and various bladed weapons of diverse lengths. Featured prominently in the center of the warehouse were 3 sets of Mandalorian armor, but none Kyan had ever seen.

“Mandalorian Paladin Armor,” Kyan simply said.

He could sense a feeling of curiosity coming from Galen at the vagueness of his statement and the prominently featured armor. In middle was a tall set of armor, black in color with gold colored trim and featuring an insignia of a crossed lightsaber and Mandalorian saber on its breastplate. This set was obviously for Kyan. To its left was a similar set of armor with a green paint job with gold trim and matching insignia, it lacked a helmet but it looked like it was made for someone the size of Prycia his oldest daughter so likely it would fit Kani his granddaughter. The third set of armor was what intrigued him the most.

It was designed for a female human or someone near human species, deep red in color with matching gold trim and insignia. The problem with it was there was no one Kyan could think of that Kani would make a set of armor for in this size for a human. Looking closer he could begin to see the armor had a faint glow to it that his new vision could sense, not just an outline of an inanimate object. Realizing what he was seeing was the effects of the Force that Kani must have unconsciously channeled to make the armor Kyan theorized that Kani made the third set of armor possible as a nudging of the Force.

Gal’ika,” Kyan said pointing to the red set of armor. “That set is your armor. We are taking it with is, and wear it if you want to. Give me a moment to get in gear.”

Not waiting to hear her reply Kyan took the middle armor and headed off to the back of the warehouse where the racks of weapons stood. He removed his old armor setting it neatly upon one of the racks then slowly donned the new armor. As he put on each piece he tested its feel surprised at every detail put into it and the feel of it all. Lastly he put on the helmet taking in the entire experience of the armor, to his marvel it felt more like a second skin than anything else. From his old armor Kyan transferred his belongings then rejoined Galen who still stood staring at the armor. He waited to see what it was she decided.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 50.45.218.229
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 11-04-2012 12:39 AM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bes’in knew that Terrin believed what he said was the truth, or he was crazy. His programming of human psychology signaled either could be true. However his nephew had provide him with the evidence of the vongs return to the galaxy, and his own experience fighting the Jedi during the clone wars led him to believe that the other statements made by Terrin are likewise true.

“I’ll be upfront,” answered Bes’in. “I believe what you are saying is true, my own sources of information say as much about the vong. And there are enough rumors running about these dark powers you talk about to lend it creditability. But you haven’t answered my question what do you need.”

He gave only a moment for Terrin to think on his words before continuing again.

“From what I can tell, you know nothing of my clan or its history. I take it Kyan hasn’t been able to tell you what our clan has done in the past. Yet somehow managed to earn his trust, which does impress me. Perhaps it would be more beneficial for me to show you what we are and what this place is before you ask for our help.”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-04-2012 12:43 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bes'in's reply was simple, straightforward, and more than logical to Terrin. Glancing at both Link and Yaoksi, who remained in the cabin of the ship with him, he then turned back to Bes'in.

"Yes, please," he responded simply enough with a nod.

--------------------

~~Galen

Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 11-04-2012 01:26 AM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“First of let me tell you a brief history of Clan Skirata,” Bes’in began. “Our patriarch is a human male named Kal Skirata. He was a renowned mercenary in his day and about 10 years prior to the Clone Wars he was recruited along with 99 others to train the Clone Commandos for the Grand Army of the Republic. He and many other Mandalorian sergeants tried to teach Jango’s clones of their true heritage and was active during the Clone Wars attached to republic special forces in an advisory capacity. During the war he was secretly working on how to get the commandos he trained and all clones out of slavery by the Republic and back to their home on Mandalore. Suffice to say that before the Republic fell and became the Empire he succeeded in getting a few of his commandos out of the army and they managed to take a number of things with them, credits, secrets, Kaminoan cloning information. Everything they would need to set up a system to allow any clone to defect from the Empire and live a full natural life here.”

Bes’in didn’t go into great length of specifics about what he meant by full natural lives, it was fairly common knowledge nowadays that the Kaminoans accelerated their ageing process.

“Kal Skirata used the money to help establish lives here for the clones,” Bes’in continued. “We had to teach many their heritage and culture, many of the commandos he personally trained were adopted into his family. Along with a Jedi who abandoned the Jedi order, even me a droid. In time we began to include many other clones as members of our clan and our numbers grew. Eventually many began to have children; most of us are not biologically related to Kal Skitata but sons of clones. Even Kyan is the son of a clone; his mother is a clone of Arla Fett, the sister of Jango Fett. Now days Clan Skirata numbers in the tens of thousands one of the largest clans.”

“At first we were content to be free of the Empire and the Jedi, but time changed that. We saw countless examples of how our mercenary was detrimental to Mandalorian society. Sure we could defend ourselves from invasion but at heavy cost with each incursion. We needed a change; Kyan, myself, and several other clan members saw the need for a deterrent force. Quietly we reached out to other clans with our plan to train a Mandalorian Special Forces, if you will. That’s what this place is, we are the Mandalorian Paladins.”

Bes’in turned to leave only stopping to call back over his shoulder.

“To explain more I will have to show you, your ship will remain unharmed and you are more than welcome to carry whatever arms you wish. You are free to go anytime you please. But I think after you see what this place is you might be able to better phrase you question what is it you want from us… any takers?”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-11-2012 03:55 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin nodded, already gaining more respect for the Mandolorian, both as a whole and for this particular clan in general. Now knowing that they had trained special forces, Terrin was beginning to get an idea of how they might be able to help the newly formed Coalition, and in more than one way.

He turned a sidelong glance towards the others who came with him, arching an eyebrow as if to indicate his growing interest in what Bes'in was about to show them, for he most certainly became more and more intrigued with just the little bit that he had already told.

"Yes, please, continue," Terrin then said aloud, knowing that if he was interested, his comrades most certainly were as well.

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-11-2012 08:58 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Link couldn’t help but notice Yaoksi doing something with the controls; she didn’t want the others to notice as well so she remained silent. At Bes’in’s invitation she remained behind with Yaoksi, and called out to Bes’in and Terrin as they left.

“Go ahead,” called Link. “I have something to take care of real quick. I’ll meet you outside in a minute.”

She waited until she heard the pair descend the boarding ramp, then she turned in her chair to face Yaoksi.

“So what’s up?” Link asked while obviously eying the console in front of Yaoksi.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 50.45.218.229
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 11-12-2012 11:05 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I swiveled my chair to face her, expecting to see perhaps the barest hint of disappointment on her face. By this time I had come to know her fairly well, and knew she had seen what I had hoped to be the furtive actions on my part. Apparently they were furtive enough to escape notice of the others, or their attention had been totally drawn to the Mandalorian Clan Boss. But not this little gal; sighing a little, I crossed my leg to let my ankle rest on the opposite thigh, and sat that way in silence, marshaling my thoughts.

Finally I spoke: "Look, I know I was right there with everybody when we discussed coming here," I began. "But we're here now, it's different, and... well, I dunno."

I turned back to the console, glanced at the display lights. All were green as proverbial grass: Challenger was still quietly settling into standby mode, and if she had any complaints about her potential suicide she wasn't letting me know anything about it.

I swiveled back to Link again, uncrossed my leg and gave her an earnest look.

"Look, these are guys who not only stuck closely to themselves throughout history, but did so during the time the Empire was taking over the Galaxy. Where were they when the Jedi were being killed off? Where were they when the Senate was disbanded, the senators assassinated?

"Where were they when the Resistance needed them most?"

My console dinged quietly at me; still staring Link straight in the eye I reached out and keyed in a code. A blinking yellow light returned to green as Challenger settled down again.

"It's true we weren't aware of this until, well... just now, actually. In fact, I thought they'd died off or dispersed or something; nothing much was known about them to begin with, you know. They've always had a closed door policy, so who the hell ever really knew what was going on with this world? I really thought we'd come here, and would have to aggressively persuade them into helping us; the first red flag started waving when this glacial valley turned into their city. Damn, Link; what the Impys wouldn't give for technology like that! AND they just show it to us!"

I stopped again, drew in a deep breath.

"Look, I know this ship is probably nothing in comparison. But I need a little bit more than words before I just stroll on out of here and leave her alone. For all I know their "closed doors" remain closed because nothing gets out of here. Someone finds this place, be it by accident or design, and wham! The hammer falls, the pieces tidily swept up, and the rest of the Galaxy doesn't have a clue."

I gave her a searching look, hoping to find a semblance of mutual agreement. Fates knew that with the life she's led up until joining in with our little band she's developed the ability to look at all sides of a situation, both sides of the coin, if you will.

If only to simply survive.

Exhaling again, I quickly outlined what I'd programmed into Challenger, in the hopes of not only keeping her from Mandalorian hands should the going get tough, but to be ready and able to provide a quick escape for everyone, should the tough have to really get going...

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.182.80.26
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-12-2012 11:40 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I jumped a little as this little announcement came winging out of left field to smack me in the face.

Mandalorian armor... for me. But how--?

I didn't know what to think, what to say. Guessing that the smartest thing at this point was to just keep my mouth shut, I moved to the set Kyan had pointed to and stopped before it.

It was the deep, rich color of a gemstone, picked out in shining gold, and just sat there beckoning to me like a siren from the wildest sea ever imagined. I could feel it's pull tugging at me even as part of me wanted with equal intensity to back away from it's mysterious beauty.

I don't need this...

A shiver ran through me as that thought, clearly not one of my normal "hunches," winged violently through me, coming in from right field, so to speak, adding an additional element of surprise to the turmoil of emotions now suddenly flooding my body.

Where did that come from?

I paused, hand still stretched out toward the armor, not touching, just holding back about an arm's length. Time suddenly seemed to expand; my vision tunneled, narrowing down until all I could see was that beautiful, if helmet-less, set. All around was deep, dark, blankness; as if reality was indeed but a dream and if I touched this work of art would simply -- poof! -- disappear and I would wake up to find...

I shivered again; reality returned. The armor sang an even more insidious song. It hit me then, the Flow Walk; the person in that other set of armor had been me. THIS was what I had been wearing, when Kyan faced his death at the hands of...

What? Who?

An army of geese began marching up and down my spine then, raising the flesh into their usual little bumps. I drew in another, deeper breath, and paused to think this thing over. Do I refuse the obvious honor of this armor? For great honor it was indeed, all wrapped up in Kyan's personal clan, his own personal pain, his own emotions. And then to be offered to me, an Outsider -- the Mandalorians had a word for that, damned if I could remember what it was -- well... To refuse it would be more than a slap in the face. But to take it --

Could be part of a series of events set into motion that would culminate in Kyan's death.

I took the tiniest step backward, letting my outstretched hand fall quietly to my side. But then I stopped, thinking further.

Galen, you can accept the honor by accepting this gift. Put it on; it might come in handy some day. But should the time come...

You can always take it off.

Something waned within me. Something I couldn't put a finger on quieted. From off to the side I heard the sound of footsteps; a quick glance out of the corner of my eye confirmed my first thought that it was Kyan heading back to me.

Snorting at myself then, I snatched up the armor and began putting it on. It wasn't as easy as I first thought; there were invisible connections and straps and the like which I assumed when properly affixed would hold this thing of beauty to me like glue. But in my fumbling about, it felt like iron.

Strong hands came from behind me to assist. In moments I was clad in wonder, the expected stiffness fading before the reality of its almost silky-smooth fit against my body. I clenched my hand; it didn't even feel as if it wore a glove. I couldn't help smiling; then turned round to face Kyan.

"Well, what do you think?" was all I could muster, inwardly glad that my former, strange misgivings were now completely silenced.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.182.80.26
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-12-2012 04:53 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Link let out a small sigh, because she agreed with much that Yaoksi had to say. His question was a sound one, where were they when the galaxy needed them.

"That is the issue isn't it," commented Link. "Where were they? I suppose it falls under the same questions I have been asking my entire life. Where was the Republic when I was sold into slavery? Where were the Jedi when corrupt police tried to hunt me down for running away?"

She could see those remarks hurt Yaoksi, Link was the quintessential example of those who the system had failed.

"Everyone has their own priorities and biases." said Link. "Both Bes'in and Kyan told us what the Empire has done to their people, and look at these scans we took coming in."

Link pulled up the sensor data on her terminal pointing out the few settlements that they had detected on their way in. Largely the planet was uninhabited wilderness, and what settlements they saw would only qualify as outlying towns on most rim worlds.

"From what I've seen the defences of this place would be hard to duplicate," continued Link. "The power requirements must be enormous; I doubt that there are multiple sites like this one, maybe two or three others. With that information I can guess that the population of this planet to be around 3 maybe 4 million tops. A core world like Coruscant has a population pushing 1 trillion. Even the best training and equipment couldn't overcome those odds if the Empire really felt the need to take out the Mandalorians."

Link could tell Yaoksi was processing all of this, truth be told she actually agreed with Yaoksi's assessment of the situation. But Links analytical mind gave her a different perspective as well.

"I look at it on a cost vs. risk," Link explained. "We could be right and this is some elaborate trap, if that's the case we are already screwed at this point. Or we could be wrong and still bug out, in that case who knows how much we might regret that decision. The third option is we keep an open but cautious mind about the situation and roll with whatever happens."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 209.170.255.14
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-13-2012 12:07 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Galen’s trepidation towards the armor would have been easy to read without a Force connection. However all that seemed to melt away with each piece she put on. Kyan wished he could see Galen with his eyes instead of perceiving her through the Force. Still, it brought him a sense of pride to see Galen in her armor.

"It looks good on you ad'ika," confessed Kyan. "Don't think too hard about the symbolism of the armor, Your heart is mando'a the culture can come latter. Here let me get your helmet working."

Holding out his hand Kyan waited until Galen handed him her helmet. Flipping over so he could access the interior components, Kyan knew from the prototypes that its design did not that different from the older model he had worn before. Because Mandalorians adopted adults into their society they had a need to build make their armor usable by to non-Mandalorians. Opening an access panel he could see a series of switches that controlled the default settings of the armors system.

360 degree view, off... language, basic…

Kyan ran through the settings on Galen's armor setting them to the simplest options for the time being.

"I tried to make this simple as possible," said Kyan. "It will only display basic information at first; armor status, communications, position of friendly units. Your armor has an instruction manual you can access by looking to the bottom left of the HUD and blinking twice. The armor can be controlled with voice commands or eye movement from your helmet but in case your armor loses power you should also learn to use all the systems manually.”

“Some basic things about your armor; once you put on the helmet it will create an environmental seal. The armor will filter the air from your environment, if it detects any dangerous contaminates or sudden changes in pressure it will automatically seal itself off and you will be on a 10-minute backup supply of air. Your visor can switch between infrared, ultraviolet, night vision, and macro binoculars. Short version the armor is much more than protection it is the most advance compact sensor, communications, piece of equipment that could be put into one place. Your armor is more than pieces of metal and wire it is an extension of your body, so wear it how you would want others to see you.”

Kyan handed the helmet back to Galen, then gave her the time she needed to become familiar with the armor.

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-20-2012 02:46 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wear this as I would have others see me, ey? All righty then, you're the Boss...

The helmet was surprisingly easy to put into place. It seemed I just placed it over my head, hands and mind ready to figure out the slight dilemma of seating it when it seemed to pull down of its own accord. A quiet click ensued as it sealed itself against my surroundings, which in turn was followed by a slight hissing sort of hum.

Red flags started waving all over the place; the gaggle of geese burst into quick-time up and down my back, honking and gabbling in panic as they went. I drew in a quick inhalation of breath, and took a quick step backward. Too quick, and a step with my body in reactive defense posture. The armor obliged, enhanced that step... which because I was at a slight backward overage in the angle department proceeded to develop to its logical conclusion.

I hit the dirt with an embarrassing thump, cold sweat springing over my brow.

The suit merely sent forth a little blast of air, evaporating the drops from my face even as it likewise evaporated my momentary terror into hot embarrassment. I sat there for a moment, berating myself for what had happened.

Galen, get a grip! This isn't like... like... well, what could have provoked that?

The answer came flashing into my head as I pulled myself to my feet.

Actar. That horrid, black box of inner hell he'd put me into...

I shook myself, straightened. Galen ol' girl, I told myself, that was in the past. What is done is done. You may have to face him again, but look at who you've got in your corner. You'll be safe, and more than likely he'll believe what you will have to say. If you do go face to face with him again, that is...

I gave myself another shake just to rid myself of all the old shadows. Then with a more cautious approach I began familiarizing myself with the workings of the suit.

It didn't take long until I was not only moving smoothly, but I was able to stop, turn and leap with greater efficiency than before. Little jets seemed to know juuuuust when I needed assistance, or how much; soon I was gamboling over Kyan's head like hawkbats of Coruscant. Part of me realized that perhaps I was taking things a bit to the extreme -- I was positive I could feel Kyan's mounting disapproval -- but the greater majority of my personal brand of logic continued to dictate I press this armor to what limit I could find in it.

So far I didn't find any.

I took a final bounding leap over Kyan, turned in mid-air and was readying a backward somersault into landing when I must have twisted my hand just so. Immediately tangleweb blasted out, enveloping him head to toe and knocking him quite handily to the ground.

I landed lightly, glad for the helmet which was just as handily hiding my red face from him.

"Oops," was all I could muster as I went over and began loosening the twisting lines that were covering his body.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.182.80.16
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-21-2012 01:57 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was always a sight to see someone don the armor for the first time. It reminded him of his daughters when he gave them their first set of armor when they turned 5. Kyan was so wrapped up in old memories he barely registered the incoming net from Galen’s armor. On reflex Kyan brought up his arms in a defensive posture and tucked his chin to his chest. When the net hit it wrapped around him tightly then the force of the impact drove him to the ground. If he did not react accordingly the net would have pinned his arms against the side of his body unable to move, as it were his quick reactions allowed him enough freedom of movement to flex his wrist back far enough to send a hidden vibroblade into his hand.

Hidden vibroblade, just like my old armor. That probably means that Kani knows my armor preferences.

“Don’t worry about it too much Gal’ika,” Kyan replied. “Pr’ika my oldest did the same thing her first time, only with a flamethrower.”

Together Kyan and Galen managed to cut him loose from the netting. He could see Galen’s little mishap showed her the power the armor had and why it should be respected. Kyan let out a laugh because as far as accidents are concerned it could have been much worse.

“Read those manuals when you have the chance,” Kyan said. “Now excuse me a moment to gather one more thing.”

Kyan walked back to the weapons rack and took his lightsabers hanging them from open pegs on the rack. He then turned to a wooden box at the base of the weapons rack and opened it withdrawing its contents, two matching lightsabers and what most people would call a leather skirt. The lightsabers only different from a normal one by virtue of its handle being 1.5 times the normal length of a standard lightsaber. When Kyan ignited the pair the both flared to life in two white blades, satisfied they were in good order he extinguished the blades and focused his attention to the leather skirt. What looked like a leather skirt or kilt is known as a kama in mando’a, an older accessory to Mandalorian armor that has fallen in and out of style over the years. It provided a measure of defense against the thrusters on a jetpack and extra storage. Many from the Skirata clan chose to wear them to honor the ARC commandos of the Clone Wars, many of whom are descendants of that lineage.

He buckled the kama around his waist, the leather from which hung freely down to his knees. To this he slid lightsabers into holsters fashioned into the kama. Kyan now felt completed in a way. The two lightsabers and kama he now carried were the ones he left with Pria as a promise to one day return. It was a promise he now fulfilled, albeit to late for his daughter to see.

But not for Kan’ika, I won’t lose her, or Gal’ika. Somehow I will find a way to help them both.
Kyan returned to Galen, who would probably have questions about Kyan’s choice in fashion, but that could wait until they were underway.

“I’m ready when you are,” Kyan said. “If you want a good weapon before we head off to the hanger I suggest you take one from the rack back there. We have blasters, lightsabers, swords, knives, spears, clubs… actually that rack is full of almost any weapon you could want just take a lightsaber and anything else that catches your eye.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 50.126.109.131
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 12-21-2012 10:53 AM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OCC: Message incoming from A Rose So Sweet in the Sith Temple/Jedi Praxeum forum.)))

Terrin: K'kihl, myself, a new friend, and a Sith pilot will be shortly enroute to K'eel Doba to search for Matt via a Sith ship of some variety. I will update you as we progress.

Satisfied the message was brief and to the point, Jasyn sent it on its way via the highly encrypted, secure channel to Terrin.

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 04-22-2013 01:42 AM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bes’in only waited for a few moments before calling for a fire team to meet him at the base of the boarding ramp. Within minutes a group of three Mandalorian warriors in blue armor being led by another in red armor walked over from across the roof top to the landing pad that the Challenger was upon. He knew that he could have given the team their orders over their comm links to Terrin couldn’t hear or in Mando’a which he wouldn’t be able to understand. Instead he told them in basic to remind Terrin that he was not holding them prisoners.

“Secure the landing pad,” Bes’in ordered. “No one enters the vessel without permission of her Captain, if he or any other our guests wish to meet with us escort them to the war room of the alii’gai. Also tell signal the Vanguard and senior staff, have them meet us there.”

The warriors simply nodded and took their posts at the bottom of the boarding ramp. Bes’in knew he didn’t need a security team to guard the ship but it was a sign of respect his guests would appreciate. He started walking towards a turbolift that led off of the landing pads and signaled for Terrin to follow. He waited until the doors of the turbo lift had closed leaving the two alone before he continued their earlier conversation.

“Mandalorian special forces might have been a stretch of words,” said Bes’in. “We are actually more analogous to the Jedi order than anything else. After Kyan became a Jedi Master and his oldest Daughter Pria a Knight we established the Paladins together. The resources of clan Skirata were rolled into the Paladins and most of our first recruits were the descendants of clones who fled here after the Clone Wars. We envisioned an elite warrior culture, independent of the Mandalore, ready to handle scenarios beyond our militia like mentality could handle.”

The turbolift stopped at their floor several stories down, and when its doors opened before them stood a double set of blast doors that looked like an airlock guarded by a team of warriors. With a short hand signal the team leader walked over to a keypad punching in a code, which opened the double set of blast doors. Beyond that was another corridor but instead of the duracrete structure like they had seen so far the structure was made primarily of metal and resembled the corridors of a vessel. He could read from his sensors the moment that Terrin’s bio signs registered as impressed, so he took that moment to weigh how much exactly would he revel to them. He decided to tell them enough that they could understand the scope of their capabilities but not enough to determine their strength of forces.

“From that core group we expanded our operations,” continued Kyan. “Some began to train other at sites like this one, we sent scouts to infiltrated different defense contractors for the New Republic or Empire, others still infiltrated the Empire or New Republic military to learn from them, and some we diverted to our mercenary for hire force to recruit potential outsiders. Since then we have grown considerably using that knowledge to research and manufacture our own weapons, star fighters, the active stealth camo you saw from before. This site use to be a mine for Mandalorian iron we converted into one such base, with more across the Mandalore sector and a few outposts in the unknown regions. We have an extreme training program, but our numbers are sufficient we can conduct prolonged operations away from the Mandalore sector without resupply if required. We still have a few problems because of the level of secrecy we wish to maintain. Capital ship manufacturing presents a problem for us. Our primary mission is the elimination of all threats to the Mandalorian people, even if that threat is the Mandalor. Here we are.”

It was then that the facial recognition from the bases security system gave him the results on his new guest. He could have processed the entirety of the report sent to his armor in a nanosecond if he wanted, but his time with organic beings made him appreciate the pace at which they did things. So he only processed the summary of the report and not its full analysis.

Terrin and Galen Danner, owners of Eagle Enterprises, and merchants… How did Galen end up as Kyan’s daughter? I’ll figure it out later. Yaoksi Joao, smuggler, his ship is different than the one on the report must be a new addition. The Ryn, unknown??? Why are there 25 different profiles linked to this one girl, arrest warrents, bounties, shoot on sight orders... what is going on with her. Never mind Kyan vouched for her that’s all that matters for now.”

They had traveled through a series of corridors passing many warriors going about their duties, moving supplies or with only a passing glance monitoring and maintaining the various systems aboard the installation. Ahead of them lied a security checkpoint flanked my more Mandalorian warriors, these ones all wore armor with gold trim and carried a Mandalorian saber on their belts. As the two approached the warriors moved to the side letting them through the heavy blast doors that lead into a room adorned by many different monitors along its walls. The most prominent feature of this room was its long table with a built in holo projector in its center. Down either side were many chairs that also functioned as holo pads, some had warriors sitting in them others projected a holo feed instead. Some of the projections wore business suits instead of Mandalorian armor, and one human woman was wearing the uniform of an Imperial Vice Admiral. Bes’in took his seat at the head of the table and indicated for Terrin to take a seat next to him.

“Helmets off, conduct speaking in basic for our guest Terrin Danner of Eagle Enterprises.” All those wearing Mandalorian armor with the exception of Bes’in removed their helmets setting them on the table. To someone not familiar with Mandalorians, who only knew of the famous Fett family, they often times assumed all Mandalorians are human. However from looking at this group they would be mistaken, while a majority was human there was also one Verpine, a Wookie and two Chiss present.

“First off, former Supreme Guardian [i]Cab’uir Alor Kyan Jetiis’ad has returned as you may have already heard, however he will not be staying with us or resuming command of the Paladins at this time. I still retain command as Cab’uir Alor with Guardian Cabur’ad Skirata as my second.” Bes’in quickly nodded to the holo of the woman in the vice Admirals uniform for Terrin’s benefit. “He and his daughter Galen have another important mission, likely dealing with the Force knowing him. That being said he is to be treated as if he was me, any orders given by him that do not directly contradict my own or jeopardizes our mission are to be followed run that down to your troops as well. As for his daughter Galen you are to follow her orders as if they are coming from Kyan for sake of convenience I am granting her a field commission of a Colonel Al’verde and all the access and privileges afforded to one. We are now processing the armor data from Kyan’s encounter with the vong, based on what we learn new assignments will be given out soon. In light of this I am authorizing the wide spread implementation of Paladin Armor by all warriors as soon as possible and recall notices are to be expected for all deep cover in the near future. You are all dismissed carry out your duties, Guardian Skirata stand by for additional instructions.”

All the warriors present either signed off by holo or grabbed their helmets and exited the room leaving the three of them Bes’in, Terrin, and Guardian Skirata alone. Bes’in turned to the holo of the vice Admiral. “Just listen for now and then I’ll decide how much to bring before the others.”

He turned his chair back to Terrin. “Both you and Kyan mentioned a Coalition you are forming and wanting to seek allies. Now that you know who and what we are, I will repeat my question what do you want from us?”

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2012  |  Logged: 50.126.118.25
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-16-2013 09:54 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Forces Be'sin had just shown Terrin were impressive. Far more than impressive. If what they were about to do involved battling against any well known Galactic forces...

...he would easily have been able to answer Bes'in's question. But they were instead talking about going against the Vong, who seemed to somehow be allied with the Sith...

...and possibly even controlled by the Sith if he was going to put any stock into the speculations he and Galen had been making. And then there was the Darker Realms, That Which Is,, and even darker, deeper forces that Galen had sensed in her flow walk...

...and which Terrin believed in entirely simply because Galen had experienced it.

Realizing he had not said a word, and that Bes'in and the one who he called Guardian Skirita were looking at him expectantly, Terrin shook himself from his thoughts, with effort.

"Your forces are quite impressive," he started with, realizing that although that simple statement might sound stupid, that it carried alot of weight. After all, these guys had apparently been around for some time...

...and had kept to themselves, protecting themselves. Were they really going to be wiling to risk themselves for a greater cause that might involve the protection of the entire galaxy? And maybe even the entire Universe? After all, until this point, it seemed their primary objective was to protect Madalore. Which was all well and good, but now...

Terrin pursed his lips thoughtfully. "There is much I know regarding the Sith, however, beginning with the fact that those I am calling Sith are a race of magickal beings, and not Dark Jedi who use the Force for their own betterment. These guys can be good...

...but like many, they have some who are very, very evil. And they have powers I can't even accurately describe, powers well beyond those of a Jedi."

He trailed a moment. "So I guess when we are speaking of the coalition, and of what we want of you...

...we quite simply need allies who are going to be willing to pool their resources for the protection of the galaxy, whatever said resources may be. Because not only do we have reason to believe there are Yuuzhan Vong coming into this galaxy once more...

...we also learned of that little tidbit first via our connections with the Sith race. And at least one of those darker Sith had associations with the Vong...

...if not more. This connection between the Vong and the Sith makes them both even more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

...and it would not be honest for me to sit here and tell you that your forces, as grand as they are, are going to be enough to withstand them together. So before you commit them to any of this...

...I think you should know the truth of this."

And you haven't even mentioned the Darker Realms and what Galen sensed on her flow walk yet, have you, pal? a shoulder devil snorted derisively, although Terrin tried to ignore it....

...and to ignore the his continually growing concerns regarding what Galen was planning to do about what she had seen...

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 75.66.89.1
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 07-10-2013 02:39 AM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bes’in manipulated the terminal built into the central holo pad which brought up a map of the galaxy. He zoomed in on a cluster of stars, which judging by the look of surprise on Terrin’s face was the location of these Sith that Terrin was referring to.

“Don’t look so surprised,” Bes’in said. “Guardian Skirata is a Vice Admiral in the Imperial Navy, and the Empires Admiralty has been briefed on the blockade that was maintained in this sector until recently. Reports of an incident that transpired in that location are very similar to a previous one on record. During which a single Jedi using the Force to push a fleet of 60+ Victory class Star Destroyers several light years, repelling Grand Admiral Pelleon during an attempted siege of the Jedi Temple on Yavin 4.”

Bes’in grew tired of this subtle negotiating game that Terrin was playing with him. True those skills probably suited Terrin well as a businessman, but Bes’in had little interest in profit. What drove Bes’in was protecting his family, his world, his people’s way of life. Looking across the table to his granddaughter in the holo he could see her growing frustration as well. She was the only one who knew him better that Kyan. Already she could see what he was planning to do and nodded silently that she agreed with his decisions.

“I really do not care about your assessment of these Sith,” Bes’in stated. “By your own admission you lack any detailed analysis of their capabilities or plans. By comparison, after the Clone War ended we of clan Skirata were able to gain access to Emperor Palpatines archives he had on the ancient Sith. after to their incurion by the dark Jedi. Though heavily fragmented and skewed by the dark Jedi they did preserve some of the legends of the people they enslaved. Then on the Vong we are uniquely qualified, I was at the battle of Mandalore when we sacrificed two-thirds of our entire population to hold this system. A move that held up the Vong fleet long enough for the rest of you to prepare an offensive. We posed as double agents during that war seemingly helping the Vong in their conquest. While at the same time feeding the rest of the galaxy what Intel we could to slow their advance, and none of you took them seriously until it was almost too late. The Mandalorian people paid for your slow response. You don’t need to tell me the threat posed by the Vong augmented by what the Empire’s underestimation of the Sith might entail.”

“The truth of the matter is you don’t know what you need or what I want. You come to us without the faintest idea of how to deal with such a threat and only offer the smallest amount of Intel for me to base a decision on. Contrary to popular myth we Mandalorians are very intelligent, sociable, and a just people to work with; we just appreciate efficiency so we can enjoy more time with our families. Now you have me interested, so give me what you know about these threats along what things you need. Then, if it aligns with our interests, we can tell you what roles we can fill along with what we would need in turn.”

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2012  |  Logged: 192.183.223.27

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e