my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » The fight for Yavin (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The fight for Yavin
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 09-03-2000 11:33 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Yes, sir." Actar turned and left. He boarded his ship and set coordinates to Khar Delba. All the while, he was thinking, he had known of Darth Wicked and heard about him. He was anxious to meet him too. After all he was the only one who knew about Actar, or so he thought. But Thrawn, oh how he hated Thrawn. Sure, Thrawn was a strategical genius, but how low could a man sink. He was bowing down to the Sith, a Grand Admiral following orders from a sith. What would the galaxy think of that?...

------------------
Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.44.23
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral

Member # 40

posted 09-03-2000 11:36 PM     Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn   Author's Homepage   Email Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He marched onto the bridge of the Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer Chimera's Revenge still showing no emotion, his eyes like slits of blood; "Set coordinates for Coruscant and make the jump. We will arrive before our dear Jedi can make contact and we will report the happenings of Darth Wicked ordering the Empire to land troops on Yavin IV."

Turning on heel, the ship had made the jump, and Thrawn thought quietly to himself; "Actar thinks Wicked had the troops ordered, and so the Empire is in the clear as am I. Perfect"

------------------
[monger=FFFF00,FF0000]"You overestimate our opposition... the Rebellion will fall."[/monger]

Posts: 16 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.227.127.189
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-03-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He sat quietly within the temple, contemplating all that has happened, his mind open to the Force, and just then a form wavered afront of him...

floating like the Jedi spirits, was lord Kun. Shrouded in a darkness deeper than Wicked's, his mind untouchable. "Lord Wicked I presume. It is your spirit that has brought me here. Your ways are not that of the acient sith, nor the sith you know from your past. You have taken on a new light, and I dislike it... leave my Temple."

Lord Wicked was astonished, he had never thought that he was so different from the ways of those before him, a grin flourishing acrossed his face. "You pitiful fool Kun. You couldn't even stop a bunch of dispicible Dark Jedi. Your a true disgrace to the sith."

Without another word, Wickeds form wavered and he was standing just outside the Temple. He started walking, but stopped quickly, his eyes falling shut and his mind opening to the Force.... quickly his hand shot to the golden rod at his side, the gold and black hilt of his lightsaber. He raised it upward and with a mere thought the saber was activated, a snap-hiss noted the now shimmering crimson blade. He shot into the forest into the direction of the Praxeum.

The closer he got, the louder the footsteps of the AT-AT's and AT-ST's got. Listening carefully he shook his head, "Two AT-AT's..... and five..... no six AT-ST's. You could've done better than that Thrawn... I can take them with ease.

He finally reached them and flipped into the air, driving his saber through the top hatch of one of the AT-ST's, killing the driver and sending it out of control into another AT-ST.

Dropping to one knee he looked up and saw two of the AT-ST's barreling around towards him. One shot it's turbolasers, he deflected one with ease sending it into the other AT-ST's leg, dropping it. But the second blast flew by him, skimming his right shoulder blade singing it rather well.

Three down... three to go he thought to himself. Turning towards the AT-ST that shot him, he hurled his saber towards it, guiding it with the Force, the saber cut smoothly through it's left leg dropping it onto the other AT-ST starting a nice shrapnel explosion, his saber flying back to his hand.

"Two left..." They were both enroute to him now. One fired, and Wicked barely jumped over the two blasts. Landing in between the two he levitated his saber and raised his arms to his sides, palms out and concentrated for but a moment, starting a large Force Pull, he and his saber flipped into the air as the two remaining AT-ST's collided in a huge explosion. He landed softly afront of the explosion, saber in hand.

"Now onto the big fella's...." He darted forward towards the two AT-AT's, a smirk broadening acrossed his lips; "The bigger they are, the harder they collide."

Concentrating on the Force he entered the mind of on of the AT-AT drivers, made a few minor course adjustments, and sent the AT-AT's into eachother, their heads driving into eachother starting an electroshock throughout the both of them, killing the inhabitants and sending them to the ground.

Dropping onto his butt he shook his head, cringing lightly as he started to feel the pain from the blasterbolt, his eyes closing and opening slowly he started to walk back to his ship and made it roughly 50 meters before he collapsed, his eyes shutting as he went into a sort of Force Hybernation to speed up the healing process.

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.127.189
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 09-05-2000 07:16 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On his way to Khar Delba Admiral Actar had a lot to think about. He had to control himself. He was completely loyal to the Empire yet didn't like authority, and a bad temper could get his ranks pulled from him. Of course if that happened he would dedicate his life to destroying the Empire, but he didn't see that happening any time soon. He decided that when he arrived at Khar Delba he would contact his fleet to come pick him and, then he would head to Coruscant. Someone had to explain what was happening, and if Thrawn wouldn't do it, he would.

It wasn't much longer when he dropped out of hyperspace above Khar Delba. He contacted the 10th Imperial fleet. It consisted of three Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyers, 5 Victory II Star Destroyers, 2 Star Destroyers. Each ship had 5 Squadrons of TIE Avengers. Each squadron had 12 TIE Avengers. It arrived shortly. When he reached the bridge he said, "General, set coordinates to Coruscant and make the jump to hyperspace." Then he turned and went to his personal quarters, laid down and slowly fell asleep...

------------------
Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.44.104
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral

Member # 40

posted 09-06-2000 10:29 PM     Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn   Author's Homepage   Email Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dropping from Hyperspace at Coruscant, Chimera's Revenge floated idley for roughly two standard hours as Grand Admiral Thrawn prepared himself to meet with the Senate. He let out a slow sigh as he marched towards the docking bay of the ship. His posture impenetrable, his eyes unmoving from directly infront of him.

Reaching the docking bay, he marched directly up the ramp of the Shuttle Transport. Taking a seat in the back, he motioned for the pilot to take off.

Reaching the planetary defenses, the comm link erupted to life; "Transport, this is Coruscant Tower 2. Please transmit landing code and state your business here." Thrawn slowly marched to the Co-pilots chair and sat down, flipping a few switches he then spoke; "Code has been transmitted, we are here on Senatorial Business." The comm link erupted to life once more; "Transport 2917653, please dock on Landing Pad 3."

Without another word, the pilot did as he was told and the ship landed on Pad 3, greeted by the Cheif of State, Fey'lya himself.

"It's a pleasure Sir Fey'lya..." the Chief of State looked at Thrawn with no emotion and sighed lightly; "I wish I could say the same Admiral. Though it seems our meetings bring nothing productive so I wish to finish this here, without the senate and get you on your way."

Thrawn merely nodded and followed Fey'lya to a dining area that had a few Worker Droids but no inhabitants other than that. "Now, Admiral, what is it that brings you to Coruscant?" Thrawn seated himself and looked over to Fey'lya; "The Sith, well, namely one. He goes by Darth Wicked. My crew went to Yavin IV for a routine check..." Fey'lya stayed with but a straight face, his deep hatred for the Jedi made his concerns drift away. "At Yavin we layed in orbit, a General Noric came and requested us to take our leave or let all transportation make it's way once again. We complyed and were going to leave after a routine check of the planet, but the Sith Lord wanted more out of us, and had a few of our ground troops land on the planet..." being cut off by Fey'lya angered Thrawn, but he let it go and heared Fey'lya out, "By 'a few ground troops', Admiral, how many are we talking about?" Thrawn contemplated for a moment, though he didn't need to; "Two AT-AT's, six AT-ST's, and roughly 5 Squads of Stormtroopers."

Fey'lya looked Thrawn straight in the face, a sigh escaping him; "Admiral, it sounds to me like he wanted a planetary bombardment. So then what happened...?" Thrawn didn't hesitate to continue; "We couldn't do anything from the ship without endangering lives and so we came straight to Coruscant."

Fey'lya merely stood, and nodded his head to Thrawn; "We will be in touch Admiral. You may take your leave."

Thrawn stood and quickly made his way back to his transport ship. Shaking his head lightly he got on and the shuttle made it's way back to Chimera's Revenge.

------------------
[monger=FFFF00,FF0000]"You overestimate our opposition... the Rebellion will fall."[/monger]

Posts: 16 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.227.125.35
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-09-2000 01:33 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When Admiral Actar awoke they had arrived at Coruscant. He was greeted by Fey'lya...
"It's nice to see you again, sir." said Actar "Likewise Admiral, you Imperials really should talk to each, because if you did you would know Grand Admiral Thrawn was just here." said Fey'lya.
Actar looked up, angrily, "You're kidding..." "No, he was just here, reported whats happening at Yavin and left, what was it you came here for?", "I came to tell you the same thing he told you, I'm obviously a little late. I tell you Fey'lya that Thrawn can't be trusted. But you'll find out what I'm talking about in time.", "I hope I don't Admiral, I really hope I don't" Fey'lya said. "Well, sir, I guess I should be going, thank you for meeting with me...", "Wait Admiral, after Thrawn left we got word that some of the ground troops that he sent to Yavin were destroyed.", "Any idea how?" Actar asked, "No word yet, but there is more news from Yavin, a General Zev Kessel of the Tetan Territory Liberation Force se up a blockade of Yavin and demands that the Jedi hand it over to the Tetan Empire. I think you should get there as soon as possible, alert Grand Admiral Thrawn, I'll alert the Senate. It was nice seeing you again Admiral." Fey'lya held out his hand, Admiral Actar took it and said "Likewise, sir." And he turned boarded his ship met up with his fleet once again.

When back on his fleet he said "General set coordinates for Yavin and make the jump to hyperspace." "Yes, sir." He did as told....

When actar was back in his private quarters he got back to thinking..This has to be a joke, if Thrawn is at Yavin he will have already started his attack...or would he. He lied about the troops, maybe he was out to destroy the New Republic, he wasn't the only one. I sense Kessel wants something more then Yavin I'll have to find out, that is if he's still living when I arrive....

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.125
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral

Member # 40

posted 09-10-2000 10:06 AM     Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn   Author's Homepage   Email Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SCRATCHED

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Anakin on September 18, 2000]

Posts: 16 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.227.124.72
General Noric

Broken Back Button

Member # 59

posted 09-16-2000 12:46 PM     Profile for General Noric   Author's Homepage   Email General Noric     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
General Noric sat on the bridge of his flagship looking out over the space of Yavin IV. He knew the threat was not completly over. He never trusted Thrawn. The man was cunning and smart. He would not give up Yavin this easy. There had to be something else he wanted. With Jeroc and some of the other Jedi gone Noric had decided to stay a while in case something happened. As Noric sat there he saw a small fleet exit hyperspace and appear not far from Noric's Fleet.

"Unidentified Fleet who are you?", Noric asked knowing that a Fleet that size would never challenge his.

Admiral Actar's image appeared infront of Noric...
------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

[Edited 1 times, lastly by General Noric on September 17, 2000]

Posts: 3 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.120
General Noric

Broken Back Button

Member # 59

posted 09-20-2000 12:42 AM     Profile for General Noric   Author's Homepage   Email General Noric     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOC: FYI Ani said I could use his character for this post...so I'm not doin nothin illegal

Admiral Actar stared up at General Noric from the holo standing in front of him.

"General Noric I suggest that you be prepared for what is to come. Grand Admiral Thrawn has been to Coruscant and he is deciving the New Republic as we speak. For now I can think of only one thing. My fleet is under your command."

Noric stared disbeleiving for a minute and responded slowly to Actar,"Thank you I do have something for you to do. I need you to go to Khar Delba. I want you to scout the area and see exactly what goes on there. Can you do that?"

"Yes sir, I will leave now."

"Thank you Admrial...and good luck."

------------------
BobPalpatine
Forum Moderator

Posts: 3 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.23
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-24-2000 02:58 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actar's part here is continued here.... http://www.escapepod.net/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000005.html if you care...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Anakin on September 24, 2000]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.121

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05