my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Hands that Rock the Cradle (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Hands that Rock the Cradle
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-14-2010 01:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OCC: Shayla and the Darkness continue in this thread from Sweet Dreams are Made of This in this same forum.))

As Dark Phalomir extended a hand to her, Shayla's mind flashed back to days not so long past.

Days in which she had accepted the hand of another to step out into the unknown, trusting him to trust her...

...and only to in turn have her judgement and motives questioned whether he would ever admit it or not.

And now, here again, she was being presented a choice to take the hand offered or back away, in doing so or not once more trusting that yet another would in turn trust her regardless of the appearance of her actions.

But in that moment, a lightning bolt of realization finally struck Shayla.

It mattered not who trusted her or not, nor did it matter how her actions appeared to anyone. They were what they were...

...and she needed only to be able to trust herself.

Without a word, Shayla let her greeny-blue eyes meet Phalomir's as she accepted his proffered hand, allowing him to lead her out into the unknown beyond...

...both without and within her very being.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.122
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-14-2010 05:57 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One smiled as he led Shalya onto the strange non-ground that felt more like a funhouse floor than solid earth. Her hand remained in his and he held it gently, climbing a short hill and pausing at the top.

“You have been here before,” he said. “I know, I can smell your scent within the rocks. It is not often a living, breathing, and lovely creature visits this realm, and when it happens then it is remembered.”

He pointed off to the left, his finger tracing a line to a small white dot on the horizon.

“That is the only bright thing in this realm,” he said. “The Black Tower—ironic, is it not? A thing so bright, so white, and the name it bears is a mockery of its appearance. But the name is not referring to its appearance. But you know this already, do you not? The tower was the home of your friend The Master when he foolishly had his minion steal away the soul of your Lady Graysith.”

The Dark One made a face, twisted in confusion and disgust.

“I do not know why such a thing was done,” he shrugged. “Redheads are not my taste”

He chuckled a little, then a more serious look crossed his face.

“He is a strange being of devious nature – he served a purpose here at one point but his time here is over. It is my time now. I do not even know where he is, nor do I care. I took away his power in this realm and left him a bloody pulp. He can no longer harm you.”

A sound of snarling and gibbering rose from the distance, a terrible blend of madness and horror.

“The children have returned home,” he said.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 64.150.184.38
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-14-2010 07:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Despite her decision, Shayla couldn't help but shiver as memories of the Dark Tower played across her mind's eye. "I brought you here, via Him...

...and you and He left me here to die."

And Graysith as well, came a carefully buried addendum to those words.

Her voice trailed, and she turned to him, her greeny-blue eyes deep as a storm. "Will you do the same to me this time, after you are finished with me and have reunited with Him once more?"

[ 11-14-2010 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.122
The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-14-2010 09:44 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One looked at Shayla, eyes wider for the briefest of seconds. His mind raced for the memories her words should have inspired, but nothing came.

“Him?” he asked. “There is no ‘him’ to be reunited with. I am the once and always Lord of this realm, and I serve no other. If it is the Master you speak of, then waste not another breath on that ghost of yesterday.”

He regained his composure then, and looked again to the Tower.

“If it were my wish, then I would do the same. I would use you as I need and discard you to the winds, snapping your neck and leaving you motionless to live in misery for the few moments you had left.”

He then turned to meet Shayla’s eyes.

“But that is not my wish,” he said. “You, I would not forsake. My word is golden, that you may rest assured. You may call me many things, my dear, but I am never dishonest.”

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 64.150.184.38
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-14-2010 10:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Oh?" Shayla asked softly, her tone unreadable. She let her greeny-blues rest in his eyes for a long moment then, and a strange sort of look began to darken her features, analyzing the Dark One's response to her words...

...and keeping said analysis completely to herself, for her own personal use. "You said you could give me the connections needed here and then open a doorway to the Elseness to find the Child, and that he was the Ruler of this Realm."

She paused. "Why if you are the Lord here do you need him at all?"

[ 11-14-2010 10:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-17-2010 11:21 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One smiled once more, the pleasure in his eyes almost mocking the smirk on his lips.

“To the point, eh?” he asked, his eyes now beaming. “Very well, we shall cut our tour short and proceed directly to the tower.”

He turned towards the white object shimmering in the distance. A sound of wrenching metal came from behind, along with maniacal gibbering. It was accompanied by clicks, squeals, and snarls as more metal was torn and tossed aside. There would be no returning back in that ship.

“The child is part of me,” he continued, walking down the slope. “It completes me, provides me with…”

He paused then, and turned to face Shayla. She was above him slightly up the slope. He held out a hand to her.

“With an heir,” he said, slowly and deliberately. More insane gibbering, laughter, snarls, and roars came from the other side of the slope. The sound was intensifying as more and more of the mad voices joined in the damned chorus. Above, high in the darkness, a sinister hissing cry of horrific passion cut through the night and the air seemed to deaden and thicken.

“And once he is found,” he said, paying no heed to sounds playing about, “I shall then need a queen.”

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 173.19.204.13
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-19-2010 06:26 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outwardly, Shayla's aura was as cool as ice. Inwardly, a jolt of fear shot through her very being, one so significant that she knew it could be felt through the bond she shared with Jharmeen. For the briefest of moments Shayla clung to that link like it was a lifeline...

...for perhaps it was at that...

...and let a wisp of a memory pass between she and Jharmeen, of a time before the return of the Sith when she first truly believed she was the Chosen Sister Jharmeen called her. On that day, Jharmeen had sent her away to save her from Roan's anger, and in doing so had perhaps risked her own self.

Now, this, for you, Shayla thought.

And in that moment, she pulled away from that cherished connection, placing a protective block about it before returning her attentions fully to the glowing Dark One. For all he knew, she had pulled inwardly to consider the ramifications of becoming his queen, or she was simply hesitating before making her final, damning choice in those few quick moments.

"Yes," she then responded to him out loud, her voice deep, firm, and certain. As she did, a darkness born from deep within herself and from nothing else, one which had been growing for some time, fell into her eyes like a looming shadow. "And I am here."

She quieted for a moment, her greeny-blues darkening in depth even more as she once more accepted the hand of the Dark one before her and waited for him to lead her to the Dark Tower...

...and to her fate, whatever that may be. Words of her Teacher and Sister, slightly modified, echoed in a deeply hidden place in her soul.

I now go to seek Truth admist Chaos and Fear...

(((OCC: Partially cross-posted to Graysith in Event Horizon in the CSWU.)))

[ 11-19-2010 06:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-20-2010 03:03 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The mad gibbering and roars resounded from behind as the Dark One smiled and pulled Shayla to him. He towered over her by two feet easily but looked down with a smile. He moved his free hand behind her and pulled her even closer until was pressed against him.

"We shall dance together in the courtyard," he said. "Where you shall see my earnesty."

He waltzed with her then, keeping time with the shrieks, growls and tearing metal. With a final outward thrust of his hand he spun Shayla then caught her again.

Laughing, he turned once again towards the oddly named Black Tower. He held Shayla's hand gently but firmly as they walked. The slope was now leveling and giving way to piles of black rock.

"Another day or time," he said, "and I may--"

From behind a rock came a scraping sound. The Dark One turned his head toward the sound just a rock hurtled through the air and struck him the temple.

A dry, coarse crackle of a somewhat familiar voice resounded from Shayla's right.

"Run!" It called.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-20-2010 04:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla recognized the voice of the Master all too well. But instead of obeying his command to run, Shayla gripped the teetering Dark one with a strength that probably surprised both her rescuer and supposed captor.

As the Dark Phalomior steadied himself, Shayla let go of his hand and turned in the direction of the voice.

"No." she said darkly, keeping her reasons for her actions entirely to herself...

...and needing them to remain that way, at least for the present time.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-20-2010 06:26 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The dark one snarled his lips back as he shot a death glare at the Master.

The Master stepped out from the rocks and waved his hand at the couple. The air behind the dark one shimmered, sending a chill across his neck.

"I am NOT your son!". The dark one stepped aside, leaving a wide gap between himself and Shayla. With a speed like lightning he shot forward and propelled himself at the Master. He caught the surprised Sith by the neck and threw backwards towards Shayla.

But his aim was true and the broken body flew through the now open portal. The Master's attention was snapped and the portal wavered then faded.

"Let him rot in his own hell," said the dark one. He walked calmly to Shayla and took her hand once more.

"Loyalty shall be rewarded," he said evenly. Fire sparked in his eyes as he bent down to kiss her.

(((Follow The Master to "Motes in an Electric Eye" in this forum)))

[ 12-16-2010 03:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Darkness ]

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-20-2010 06:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla's eyes darkened, and she pulled away before Dark Phalomir's lips could meet hers.

"Not like this," she then uttered softly, her words carrying with them an edge of warning. "You said you wanted a queen, and an equal...

...which I will be."

She paused. "Or is it your intention still to make me a puppet whose strings are pulled by your own hands...

...like she was?"

[ 11-20-2010 08:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-22-2010 09:53 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark One rolled his eyes in bemused interest.

“Her?” he puzzled. “Not even my queen yet and accusing me of gallivanting with another?”

He paused, thinking. “Or do you mean the human warrior queen of the Sith? If that’s what concerns you, then fret not, my dear. That was not me, so much, but the powers of that which would make me. I am not a simple puller of strings, nor am I a false dealer of paper promises. You are of my utmost concern, be not mistaken.”

His lower lip trembled a bit, and his mouth creased slightly. “Do not presume so much, it does not become you.”

He turned again to the Tower, and took Shayla’s hand.

“The Master has cost us minutes,” he said. “Let us regain them, and I shall you to our Tower. We come home, Queen Shayla and King---”

He paused, then turned to Shayla.

“What shall I be called?” he asked.

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 173.19.204.13
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2010 09:40 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla's eyes darkened and grew vague, and she said nothing for a long few moments.

"Only you can decide who and what you are," she said a bit cryptically.

Then, directing her eyes towards the Black Tower and nodding slightly in its direction, she finished with. "What do you plan to do once we arrive there?"

Shayla quieted, her features a picture of utter inscrutability as they proceeded onward.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-24-2010 12:27 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“You are pot of wisdom,” he said. “I offer you the opportunity to name me, and you offer in turn insight that is worth its weight in sweet desolation. You shall be honored for this.”

The Dark One thought for a moment, smiling.

“But I must have a name before we return to the Tower. What lies within my own mind? One name leap forward with great resolution – Phalomir. I have been called such, but only by the one who would falsely claim me as a son, so I shall not be called by that despicable moniker. It reeks of weakness and foolishness, a name you would give to a buffoon. No, a name will call to me from the stench of the wind.”

He began walking again.

“When we are there, I shall introduce you and present a gift.”

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2010 07:16 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I see," Shayla responded blandly.

She wasn't going to dare say what she was thinking. "And what sort of gift must you present?" she asked instead.

"As for your name, well..." She trailed, her eyes darkening and defocusing once again. For a very long while, she didn't say a word and the Dark One remained quiet as the Black Tower grew larger and larger...

...closer and closer. Shayla suspected he was doing so purposefully.

"Keiran," she then said quietly. "It is a Correllian name meaning 'Black'."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-24-2010 08:30 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Keiran,” he said. “An interesting name, that is to be sure. But it needs something more… I shall be known as Keiran Shu Su Tet ne Thet. It shall be my name, my secret name, known only to you. To all else I shall be Keiran. Or Lord.”

The Tower now loomed, though they had not walked far.

“It is time,” he said flatly. They suddenly stood before the Tower.

The guardian of the Tower stood in their path, unmoving.

Keiran waited.

The guardian did not move.

“Oh please!” said Keiran. “Really?”

The guardian remained still.

“Well,” said Keiran. “It wants to stick to traditions. I have been away for too long, and I must prove myself worthy. Hmmm… you first! Answer truthfully!”

Keiran gave Shayla a gentle push forward. The guardian looked down at her and swung the massive silver spear downward to point at her chest.

“Tell me true to pass,” it boomed. “Tell me false to perish. Who is foremost in your heart?”

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2010 08:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla's eyes darkened.

[i]You know what the answer is...

...and there is a good chance the Dark One does too.

[b]And so does this Tower, judging by things that have happened at this very place.[b]

Shayla looked the Guardian in the eyes, unwavering, firming...

...and knowing the Truth was the only thing she could offer.

"Jharmeen," she said evenly...

...although deep within, a piece of her soul ached with longing at the very name.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-24-2010 08:49 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guardian pressed his spear into Shayla’s chest. Its shining eyes looked to pierce through her very soul. It stared at her, unmoving, for several moments. Keiran shuffled behind her.

“Acceptable answer” it said. The spear lifted, making way for Shayla to pass.

Keiran winced and walked forward. He placed his hand behind Shaylla and walked with her. The spear began a mighty arch downward, Keiran waved his hand and the guardian stopped. Keiran and Shayla continued.

“Jharmeen?” he asked, a smile on his face. “You mean that strange Sith witch? I didn’t know – you go both ways? You are indeed an interesting woman, and shall make an even more interesting queen.”

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2010 09:00 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla stopped and turned to face Kieran, her eyes practically spewing venom. "What do you know of it?" she hissed. "I notice you managed to worm your way past the Gaurdian."

She then turned and began moving once more. "I don't suppose there is anything foremost in your heart other than yourself...

...that is if you have a heart at all."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 11-24-2010 10:00 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“A heart?” he asked. “Of course I have a heart. That heart is very fixated on getting a certain heir away from his prison, coronating a lovely queen, and kicking off a grand renaissance of these realms that shall return balance to the entire reality we all enjoy. I know what is important, I have that foremost in my heart.”

He paused, his eyes softening a little.

“But you’re right up there too,” he added. “Now let’s go across the courtyard here and get you properly introduced.”

He looked up, then held out his hand upwards to the sky. The inky blackness wavered slightly, then a horrifying screech resounded from above. A winged, dark creature born from the bottom of the pits swooped down towards them Its eyes were a fiery orange, flickering from Shayla to Keiran, then fixated on Shayla. It bared its teeth and dove in a blindingly fast stoop towards her, leaving a streak of fire in its wake.

When the thing was a mere meter away Keiran swatted it with his arm. It continued its dive but instead of beheading Shayla it instead dove into the ground and slid to a stop.

“Go,” said Keiran, grabbing the thing by the head. “Tell them the new Lord has arrived. Tell them to make ready, a queen shall be brought before them.”

The beast rose slowly, then turned to Shayla and hissed a foul breath to her. Fangs dripped with a sticky venom as it lunged at her. At the last second it erupted into flight and winged its way across the courtyard.

“It’s so hard to find good help these days,” said Keiran. “Do you forgive me?”

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-24-2010 10:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla actually rolled her eyes. "I'll bet," she replied a bit sarcastically.

She paused then, considering Kieran a bit more carefully, as though she were trying to read something in him. "You still seem certain you know where the Heir is."

She paused, arching her brow a bit. "If he is not, have you considered any alternatives?"

She let the question fall innocently enough...

...but there was something to it that was a far cry from any such.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-01-2010 06:48 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The dark one studies Shayla for a moment. His eyes grew dark and cold and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Have you so little faith in your own abilities that I shoul need an alternative? If you are to be queen then you must be sure you handle all I ask of you."

He looked at her squarely.

"Are you?"

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 166.233.224.158
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-01-2010 07:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I can handle it," Shayla responded, ice shooting through her veins along with something else. She quieted then, her eyes falling into those of Keiran's and resting there for a moment before she continued.

"So how much longer are we going to dilly dally with conversation before we do what we are here for?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

The Darkness

Member # 921

posted 12-01-2010 07:48 PM     Profile for The Darkness   Author's Homepage   Email The Darkness     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The emotionless glare of Keiran turnes into a half smile. He moved to Shayla and put his arm behind her back, pulling her close.

"I admire your eagerness," he said. "I hope it lasts. But you are correct. We should progress to the more important tasks at hand, such as creating a queen and making an heir."

He waved his hand from behind Shayla's back and a chorus of gibbering and growls sounded from all around them. In a moment the space around them was swirling with activity as imps came running from all directions. He swooped up Shayla in his arms and began walk effortlessly towards the door of the tower. Imps followed in their mad shanbling way and winged creatures sped through air.

When the door was reached it flew open and beckoned from a dark ominous hallway.

"This is your moment, are you ready?"

Posts: 72 | From: Perhaps the person next to you.... | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 166.233.224.158
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-15-2010 06:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was simply no turning back now, and Shayla knew that deep within her heart. So she stretched out one final but potentially critical moment and reached out to her link with Graysith.

She was impacted with pain and anguish so deep it made her physically shiver despite herself.

When the time comes, I trust you will do what you must. For now, perhaps I can in this act save you, my Chosen sister.

Shayla's thoughts paused momentarily.

Not that we once were Sisters, but that we are.

Letting this thought travel through that cherished link, Shayla savored the connection for a moment...

...then turned from it entirely. Her eyes snapped alert and she let them fall wide into Kieran's.

"Yes, I am," she responded briefly, simply...

...and with extreme certainty.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05