my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » SITH vs. JEDI (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: SITH vs. JEDI
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-11-2003 12:32 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to the movies, Luke (the one with the CRASH COURSE in JEDI training) is the only one to defeat a Sith on his own? Why does everyone idolize OBI-WAN??? He fought agains Darth MAUL, with QUI-GON's help, and only won that duel because MAUL got cocky! OBI-WAN fought against DOOKU, with ANAKIN's help... got hit in the leg and the arm! Fought against VADER by himself and got killed... This is a bad track record for the JEDI. So I ask of you this... which side is stronger, the SITH, the JEDI, or the INBETWEEN (LUKE)???

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 02-17-2003 01:35 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ummm... The answer is as follows...

1. Maul was a bad @$$ fighter, no one could defeat him one on one, the fact that obi-wan could do it when he was cockie, is proof that he's great, cause no ordinary force can kill him...(just FYI maul is my favorite character)

2. Obi-wan was to worried about anakin to fight with his full, and dooku is a cheating bastard.

and 3. Vader is a bad ass fighter, and obi-wan died on purpose so he could guide luke as a spirit, had be been actauly SLAIN as you are implying, then he would not have been able to speak as a spirit(read "rogue" planet, it explains why qui-gon isnt a spirit)

and FINALY number 4... Which sith are you talking about that luke defeated? Sidious? OH WAIT! vader threw him off a ledge... Vader? wait no, vader turned to the light in the last minut, and luke never actauly beat him, in fact, vader had the advantage till palpy started zapping luke, and made vaders fatherly instincts kick in..

And you DID SAY "accordign to the movies" and luke only faced 2 sith in the movies, niether of which did he destroy.

ANd so, in the end, as the jedi have prevailed, logic would depict that the jedi are stronger...but this is just going by whats in the movies, and what has been presented...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.43
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-17-2003 02:56 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sith...

next question?

No, seriously, like Entaris said, when have you seen a Sith get killed in one on one combat? The only time in the movies you actually see a jedi do half decent in a fight is when he's using the dark side. For example, obi-wan cut maul's lightsaber after qui-gon was killed, and he attacked in anger. Luke cut off Vader's hand after Vader pissed him off. Until then, Luke was getting his butt kicked.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.20.41
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-17-2003 08:07 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LUKE did beat VADER... he just refused to kill him... And so the onslaught by PALPY came into effect. I agree that LUKE used a little of his anger, the same way OBI-WAN did, to beat VADER. But In my opinion, the SITH keep on kicking JEDI @$$ all over the Universe!

--------------------

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 12:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but that was only an implication, and what about Yoda. Come on now, their is no possible way you can say he doesn't have the ability to be Count Dooku, even if they are evenly matched, Yoda is far more expirenced in the Force and know much more about it. He has nearly reached his full potiental, while Count Dooku probably hasn't.

I think it matters how you put this, I think Jedi could provell. I mean by going off the movies you limit yourself to around 4 different Sith, while in the Expanded Universe there were many things you could base your own opinion off of.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-17-2003 02:30 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still don't think yoda shouldve used his lightsaber...i mean, the scene where he used it was really cool, but he should've been on some mountaintop chanelling the force or something

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.19.166
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 05:53 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol??

Why do you think that?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 02-17-2003 09:04 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The truth is...

There is no better "side" there are only better people... To judge by a title "jedi" "sith" is ignorant.

Thats like saying in a basketball game black people will alway's beat white people... While according to the NBA's standards that appears true, it is again according to people, personal skills.

Yoda was not evenly matched against dooku, in fact, he far surpassed dooku.

Yoda was a jedi master, now while the title "jedi" means nothing "jedi master" symbolizs the great trek he has undergone to achieve perfect balance in his mind and body. The reason that fight scene is so great, is because yoda has a sever size disadvantage, but his mind is so perfectly alinged with his body, and both are aligned with the force, that in the end, it is as though they were the same size.

Dooku sent lightning at yoda, and yoda stoped it, and not only did he stop it, but he returned it, which basicly said, "The force is a part of me, it cant touch me" which is why dooku resorted to lightsaber combat, he realized the futility of attacking yoda with the force, i mean, look at it, yoda didnt once make a TRUE aggressive force attack on dooku, had he, dooku would have died in an instant.

God i love being me... It is nice when you take starwars to a level that boards on philosphy...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.225
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-17-2003 09:09 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda didn't attack becuase he's not supposed to. A jedi's abilities are supposed to be defensive-they're supposed to protect, not attack. The way I see it, the only way the force can be used for an attack is through the dark side, ie vader's grip or lightning. All of a jedi's force abilities are supposed to be defensive, like when yoda blocked the lightning from dooku.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.20.169
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 02-17-2003 09:17 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, therin lies the great irony. Im not sure, but i dont think it ever say's a jedi's powers are defensive... I think it just say's a jedi does not act on aggression, there is a difference. Yoda could attack dooku without it being aggressive, dooku had already attacked him, and as long as he did not seek to destroy, its still good.

But, i could be wrong about the statements said, its been a while, so if i am, sorry.

But i think it does...

anyway, ya, thats the word from the Dark Priest...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.225
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-17-2003 11:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I think you are right Entaris. At least "Mara's personal philosophy of Jedihood" agrees with you. I think when a jedi "attacks" it's in response to a real and forseen threat (i.e. clones, etc.). They might not land the first blow, but once that first blow is made, they will do everything to PROTECT (as mentioned above).

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.158.88
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-19-2003 11:11 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
However ENTARIS... YODA can be quoted as so "A JEDI uses the FORCE for Knowledge and Defence. NEVER for Attack." So In order for a Jedi Knight (or Master) to kill someone.... technically they have to use a little wee bit of the DARK SIDE!

--------------------

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-19-2003 11:39 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not every Jedi must use the dark side to kill...

Take Mace v. Jango as an example...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 68.155.96.190
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 03-01-2003 11:58 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Say but what is the darkside? the darkside is the corrupting force which takes a jedi and pulls him to the depths of anger and destruction. Yoda could attack dooku, cause dooku attacked him, and dooku hurt anakin/Obi-wan

You see, there are 2 types of jedi... the kind that die because they thought they shouldnt kill when there life is in danger... and theres yoda, who just kicks everyones @$$ no matter what they could ever try to do against him...

And then there are also 2 types of "sith" there are those losers that call themselves sith, but are really just jedi's that dont want to admit it... And there is Recinis... In the end, we know he would kill all of you, cept gray, i think he has a soft spot for her... *nods* ya, i think so...(i coul dbe mistaken, but theres about 10 pages of well writen roleplaying that say's otherwise... *wistles innocently*)

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.229
Darth Maul_199

Broken Back Button

Member # 442

posted 03-14-2003 06:54 PM     Profile for Darth Maul_199   Author's Homepage   Email Darth Maul_199     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
some of you people are filled with crap, the only way anyone has beaten a sith IS using the dark side. yes a sith no jango fett a sith like with Exar Kun not 1 jedi not 2 jedi
a strike force evan greater than the one send to Geonosis and they still didn't kill (well not his spirit, they mangled his body pritty good though)

Sith are the ultimate beings true visionaries

Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  Logged: 210.84.35.216
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 03-15-2003 07:17 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your mean... Sheesh, your worse then I am when it comes to putting people down... I may trash talk, and do my best to make you feel stupid using my superior intellect and witty vocabulary... but never do i just go out and say "you are full of crap" Sheesh, have some respect man... everyones intittled to thier opinion! *acts as though there werent 5 pages of stuff he had just written which did not respect others opinions* Umm...ya...

And as for that, i personaly cant think of sith in normal starwars terms anymore, so HA recinis rules, you dont... OH-ya!

But dont forget, there is always the lord of the darkside himself... The master of all evil things, the dude that makes palpatine look like a saint... He is... Barney, the purple dinosour! OHYA! *does a jig* im so clever *laughs*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.76
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-18-2003 07:34 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least you TRASH TALKintelligently ENTARIS... Dart Maul wannabe here is just plain RUDE!!! and who joins a message board and only posts like twice since March???

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-18-2003 09:06 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there a point to this, Dash?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-18-2003 02:10 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, no point... just making another appearancein this thread!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 07:31 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back to the topic.....I think that Jedi will prevail....however, there will alwasys be Dark Jedi(like how there will always be mosquitoes in my house...ouch) The Sith, being all power hungry would turn against each other and destroy the entire order
Examples:
1)Naga Sadow turned against his fellow sith lords during The Great Hyperspace War
2)Ulic Qel Droma Turned against Exar Kun during the sith war.
3)Darth Bane turned against the Brotherhood of Darkness during the Battle of Rusaan
4)Darth Vader wanted to overthrow the empire and rule with Luke at his side.
Therefore the Jedi are better

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-20-2003 10:56 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
People, let's break it down to the simplest components (Occam's Razor, and all that):

There is no light or dark side. There just is the Force. It is how it is used which determines its strength and potential. I think, being the natural energy which binds ALL things, as Yoda taught, it is thus obedient to HOW it is used, which then colors whether it is "light" or "dark."

Thus it is not the Force itself which determines the use. It is its use and the strength of the emotion guiding it that determines the force.

Anger and hate are two of the strongest emotions to Man. No wonder when the Force is used for this it is powerful.

Love is also strong... and when a jedi allows himself to die for another, well... no wonder he can return as a guiding spirit.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Capt. OBVIOUS

Member # 465

posted 05-20-2003 01:46 PM     Profile for Capt. OBVIOUS   Author's Homepage   Email Capt. OBVIOUS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JEDI use the FORCE!

He he he... This character is going to be soo fun!!!

--------------------

The Doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much if I keep my finger out of there.

Posts: 50 | From: Anywhere something OBVIOUS needs to be pointed out! | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 05:18 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually.....a jedi master becoming a force spirit has nothing to do with love. It happens naturally when they reach a certain level of mastery of the force.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-20-2003 06:07 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this on paper or something. Does it mean that if a Jedi died and was at a certian level lower than Jedi Master, which seems to be the level you are speaking off, they wouldn't become a spirit.

Or is this just an assumption?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:17 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This theory has been researched, tested and proven.
Why did Qui Gon Jinn not become one with the force when he died?
Other examples of Jedi masters not becoming force spirits: Qu Rahn, Cay Qel Droma, Dorsk 81.....(they were all considerably younger and have not reached that level of force mastery when they died

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05