my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » It makes me sick

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: It makes me sick
bean

Gov. of the Phar Side

Member # 86

posted 12-16-2000 07:02 PM     Profile for bean   Author's Homepage   Email bean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I here they are yet again re-relesing the original trilogy in box set form. This makes me sick. I already own the special edition, the limited edittion, the special limited edition, the 25th anniversary, and so on. Now it's the collectors edition, but now it has "new" footage from the upcoming episode 2. This makes me sick. Though I will be in line the first day of the release of episode 2, and I most likely will pop out the $64 bucks and buy what I already have, it makes me sick. The fact that they must bog down the allure and the magical appeal by releasing the same 3 movies in a different box 500 times is truly SICKENING. I cause there is one thing stronger than the force is (sob) the almighty dollar. Which brings me to direct my next question to George Lucas : Can I borrow $20 bucks?

------------------
OUCH !! I think I bent my wookie

Posts: 54 | From: Louisville, Kentucky /Downtown coolsville, population-me | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 204.33.52.144
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-16-2000 09:35 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree. I bought them last time, whent hey said the trilogy would NEVER be sold again....and I bet he'll say no to you borrowing 20 bucks....

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Anakin on December 16, 2000]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 38.31.224.193
bean

Gov. of the Phar Side

Member # 86

posted 12-17-2000 10:48 PM     Profile for bean   Author's Homepage   Email bean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would borrow the money so I could buy the new repackaged trilogy, so the money would go straight back to him, but it means letting go of his money for maybe a week, so he wouldn't do it (note: this is all hypothetical). This is the same reason I hate those damn republicans !!!

------------------
OUCH !! I think I bent my wookie

Posts: 54 | From: Louisville, Kentucky /Downtown coolsville, population-me | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 204.32.183.27
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-18-2000 12:09 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.140.72.49
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-11-2001 05:56 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking for someone who could send me the new tapes, I'll make a copie of it useing some "toys" of mine and I'll get it back to them. Any takers? I'll send you a figure or some money if you do it.

------------------
If I cared I'd be smiling right now :(

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.171.12.49
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 03-14-2001 11:12 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh...why don't you just go to a store and buy them???

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.90
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-15-2001 03:27 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its cheaper this way, and I don't need another box set of Star wars. Unless it has new footage or something.

------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.133.2.6
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-15-2001 03:54 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, if you already have a box set, why do you need them again?

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.118.210
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-15-2001 06:18 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thats my point, I want to copy the E2 info off of the new set then send it back. Its simple.

------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.153.126

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05