my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » EDITORIAL #5 Sirch (Chris Heilman)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: EDITORIAL #5 Sirch (Chris Heilman)
WEBMASTER EDITORIALS

Member # 0

posted 07-22-2000 04:51 PM     Profile for WEBMASTER EDITORIALS   Email WEBMASTER EDITORIALS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't really remember the first time I saw Star Wars since I was born in 1980 and I was still in diapers when most of the Star Wars mania was in full swing. I don't really know what attracted me to Star Wars. Maybe it just comes down to opinion. I guess it's like what makes you like one type of music and hate another or one kind of food and another makes you retch. Most of the earliest Star Wars memories that I can remember involved the toys and the epic battles that took place between my Star Wars figures and my GI Joes. My oldest memories of Star Wars was the belief that the second Death Star was really the first Death Star rebuilt and that's why it was all ragged looking (don't ask me...I was like 5). Unlike now, when I was a kid I didn't put much deep thought into Star Wars like why I liked the movie, I just liked it because. It really effected all creative things I did when I was a kid. Rebuilding the Death Star with lego's and finger paintings of X-wings, you know the usual. I think I even committed my first crime for Star Wars; I lost my Luke Skywalker figure and felt the need to steal the same one from my friend to replace it. Most of my other Star Wars memories must have got lost about the same time I was eating all those paint chips.<g>

--------------------------------
Programming Note: Next Week's Webmaster Editorial is from Jordan Jennings of the former star wars site Nerf-Herder.com

------------------
Webmaster Editorials
thePOD

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 166.62.175.65
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 07-22-2000 04:52 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ate paint chips too...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Forum Administrator[/monger]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.65

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05