my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Editorial #3 Hershey (Matt McClean)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Editorial #3 Hershey (Matt McClean)
WEBMASTER EDITORIALS

Member # 0

posted 06-25-2000 12:37 AM     Profile for WEBMASTER EDITORIALS   Email WEBMASTER EDITORIALS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unlike many other fans my age, I'm a late bloomer. anyways, way back when I was in 7th grade when I was visiting a friend, I turned on the tube and this weird movie was on. Well, there were little teddy bears running around hitting guys in white suits with big machines walking around in the background. I thought it was completely stupid. Then when the special editions came out, I rented them at a local video store. That's when they started to make sense to me and was fascinated by the whole experience. Lightsabers, blasters, the Falcon, and Princess Leia. What more does a kid need? I was hooked. the next I day I went out and bought the complete special edition trilogy. Then it was a domino effect. first the movies, then action figures, and posters, and games, etc. Watching the whole trilogy in one day became and routine. Star Wars left a mark in my life that I will probably never forget. Star Wars was a universe I could get lost in when I had troubles with friends or family. I would forget about the real world and be engrossed in this neat fantasy universe. It helped me get through some hard times. The Phantom Menace was such a great experience for me. It was the first Star Wars movie I've ever seen in a theater. They are so much better when you see them on the big screen.
All these things make Star Wars such a great thing to be into.

-Hershey7 hershey7@outer-rim.net

======================
Programing note: Next Week's editorial
will be from Randy Hutchinson of Coruscant-Sp.com

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.29.191.140

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05