The Holonet Boards   » thePOD Meet and Greet   » hey im new

DARK_KNIGHT

posted 08-26-2005 02:35 PM    
IM NEW I LIKE ONLINE ROLE PLAYING FOURMS THANGS

im new

Graysith

posted 08-26-2005 02:49 PM    
Cool, and welcome to the Pod. We hope you enjoy your time here.

If you plan on role playing with us, there are a few things you need to do first. You need to read the rules and regs in our RP forums, and read the story synopsis so you know what is happening. "Blockades and Such" tells you what planets are not "free" to just zoom up and land upon. Most importantly, read the PLEASE READ thread in our Holonet Announcements forums.

Keep in mind that the different threads are all basically running at the same time. Different characters doing different things in different parts of the universe. They are NOT separate stories, so you cannot post your character in two different threads to then be participating in two separate stories at the same time. (There IS one way to do this, but it is when a character in one part of the universe/another thread is communicating with someone in a different thread.)

"The All" is a creation of mine, and a registered character. I did so to prevent its misuse by others, so your character cannot pop up with this ability, sorry.

Also, the SITH are a RACE here, NOT force-users. The "Sith" of SW are called Dark Jedi here; read up in descriptions about them.

In fact, any thread with an arrow beside it in RP forums should be read. They are important to the role play here.

Finally, before you post with a character you need to make a description in our descriptions forums. Hit the link at the top of the page to get there, you will have to register there too, I believe.

I suggest you figure out a logical way to enter into an open thread rather than start your own and hope someone comes to you.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, Mara1Jade or Patternghost.

Once again, welcome aboard!

[ 08-26-2005 02:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 08-26-2005 02:55 PM    
Just thought I'd add my welcome too. Have fun on the Pod.

DARK_KNIGHT

posted 08-26-2005 06:46 PM    
ok two girls saying hello
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!! WO OH
ok ill look at the rules
and can i make my own rpg

Rykounagin

posted 08-26-2005 06:54 PM    
*merely coughs* hello *then coughs again* Also, I wouldn't pretend to know genders, characters don't define the authors after all. Ic ould be a girl, or sarisa could be a guy, who knows?

[ 08-26-2005 06:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

Graysith

posted 08-26-2005 10:21 PM    
If by your own rpg you mean your own "story" which is going on in our universe, then yeah, go for it. However, back to back posting isn't allowed; it isn't role play when you write against yourself. (There are certain circumstances where we do allow this, but only if a character is engaged in role play with other writers; sometimes a side story needs to be said for the benefit of the other writers).

I still suggest you come up with a character and his own "backstory," which can BRIEFLY be mentioned in descriptions. Then join an open thread.

If you mean something like starting your own forums, like our currently "sleeping-and-not-quite-defunct" Middle Earth forums, then, umm...

No.

[ 08-26-2005 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]