my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » thePOD Meet and Greet   » Hey everyone

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Hey everyone
Ender

Member # 662

posted 05-30-2005 05:49 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was looking for somewhere to start posting, and this looks like the place to do it! I'm glad to be here! what really attracted me to the site was the role play forums. i've wanted to get in to some really creative star wars rp that i didn't feel i could find elsewhere. so i hope i can make a worthy contribution. any suggestions on where to start?

--------------------

I'm too fast for my own good sometimes.

Posts: 34 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 69.137.20.109
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-30-2005 06:28 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, if you haven't already, you should start by creating a character in the Descriptions Forum

then once we know what type of character you are (I'm getting a funny feeling you just may be a good guy) btw, that's a good thing.

So have a great time!
Glad to have you!

-Konig

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.34.220
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-30-2005 06:31 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Ender, glad to have you! Suggestions? Read the story synopsis (which is probably seriously outdated), and post your character's description in the descriptions forum (which you can find by going to the thread "descriptions" in the RP Headquarters). Make sure you check out the characters "The Ancient Sith" and "The All" while you are there.

Hope this is helpful. And again, glad to have you.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-30-2005 06:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLATANT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!! *cough* anyway, I hope you enjoy the RP, the forums, ect. ect.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Ender

Member # 662

posted 05-30-2005 07:14 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe not ender like from enders game if thats what you are thinking. Name is Ender Segura. I use it for most of my RPing.

thanks for the suggestions!

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-30-2005 08:47 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you referring to my post?

*crosses arms and taps foot irritably*

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Ender

Member # 662

posted 05-31-2005 12:53 AM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 posts and people are mad at me! OH NO!

not at all! i assure you i was refering to the question of my name and it's copyright implications. but how can you copyright a name?

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-31-2005 11:24 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... welcome to The Pod and our little role playing world, Ender! Glad to have you aboard!

Please read the rules n' regs (there really aren't that many, heh) and as you get the time I highly suggest you read the descriptions of the other active characters whose thread/s you are NOT involved with. This is something I recommend to EVERYONE, since all threads are concurrent to one another; thus at any one time a "loose" character from one thread may jump into any thread with another -- if a logical means of that occurring is written, that is.
(This is a reminder to everyone, by the way. The threads/individual storylines can be merged together; all characters "live" in our universe but as with the "real" universe often don't have a clue as to the other's existence.)

However, things such as the past destruction of the Senate and Jedi Praxeum should be something ALL characters are aware of; I hope no one is going off anywhere "to learn at the Praxeum on Yavin 4..."

Also, please read up on "Blockades and such" in the RP HQ. Should you (or anyone from these CSWU threads) for any reason have to return to any of the blockaded worlds, contact me for informatiion as to what thread queries should be directed. ie: approaching Coruscant, you would hail the blockade requesting landing permission. This would of course be written in the thread you are in, but would also need to be in the correct thread -- in italics -- where the blockade is. The current thread dealing with Coruscant, that would be.

If this sounds confusing... yeah. Hehe. Just contact me if and when this kind of situation would arise and I'll send you the info you would need.

Other than that, the Sith are a race (but the majority of the galaxy doesn't know this, so to them the Sith are as Lucas presented) and Lucas's "Sith" are really Dark Jedi. That is, as mentioned, writer's knowledge; there are scarcely any characters who would know otherwise at the moment as the Sith's resurrection is still a big secret.

Have fun role playing with us; also, something to consider: the current "Top Dog" of our "Empire" is Lt. General Sorben Tarnus; long ago he gave permission for a new Praxeum to be built on Tatooine. I don't believe anyone has gone off in this direction yet... Tatooine has an "Imperial" blockade about it, by the way.

Just fyi.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Any questions, feel free to PM or email either me or Mara1Jade or Patternghost.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 05-31-2005 07:49 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ender, welcome aboard and i must agree with Major-Konig you made a good entrace into the story. I look forward to seeing where things go.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05