The Holonet Boards   » thePOD Meet and Greet   » Howdy

Sellith

posted 04-25-2005 01:53 AM    
Umm.... since I dont think I know anyone here (I know Major-Konig a little from another board)I am from the land of Haggis Kilts and Bagpipes (Scotland )and I have been a member for about 2 weeks (I think) and I decided to do an introduction. So.... Hi and i look forward to RPing with you all.

P.S. I used alot of Brackets there, I don't usually

Major-Konig

posted 04-25-2005 09:04 AM    
hello Sellith!

G'day to you, and I hope you have fun Rping here!
I most definately do!

Shahrazad

posted 04-30-2005 09:25 AM    
Hi! I also hope that you have fun here because RPing is always fun!

Graysith

posted 04-30-2005 12:17 PM    
Greetings, Sellith, and welcome to the Pod!

I hope to see you joining us in RP; before you do, though, please read through the story synopsis and rules n' regs in RP HQ. I suggest you also breeze through descriptions to discover the "stats/background" on the characters who are currently active here. (You can find out who's active by checking out the open threads in the RP forums).

I also recommend you read up on "Blockades" in RP HQ, and "Magick, Force and the All" there as well.

The worlds in the "Diamond of the Sith" are basically unknown to the majority of the people in our galaxy; currently one pair (Korris'ian and Korriban, and their sun) are in another dimension called the "Elseness;" there are a very few places in our galaxy where you can enter into the "Elseness" without using the All.

The All is a registered character of mine, and cannot be used by another character. (This is to prevent one's character from turning into a super-character).

Finally, the "Sith" of SW fame are not "Sith" per se, but "dark jedi." The Sith are a real race; see descriptions, and once again, the story synopsis.

Thank you, and once more welcome to our universe! It's always nice to have a new member!

Sellith

posted 05-03-2005 12:34 PM    
Thanks guys. Ive read all the stuff and I think i get it all. I don't want this to sound as it does but do I make a character in the descriptions page now before I join an RP?

Graysith

posted 05-03-2005 01:04 PM    
Yes.

First of all you register your character here, so when you role play as your character posts will show as being made by him instead of your "regular" userid (Sellith). Unless, of course, that IS your character's name!

Go to descriptions and post a character description. You don't need all the "stats" and so on, as this isn't like a real MUSH or D&D or anything; just a simple paragraph outlining his/her background (briefly) and who and what s/he is: basically, anything you want others to know about the character.

Read through a couple descriptions, and you'll get the idea.

Once a description is up, you can leap into role play. I suggest you do NOT start a thread of your own, since you'll be hanging around forever waiting for another character to "happen by." All the threads progress (more or less) at the same time, and represent things going on in different parts of the Galaxy -- they are NOT different storylines (per se) so a character in one thread just can't role play in another at the same time.

You can't be in two places at once, you know!

(Ok, there are just a few -- VERY FEW -- exceptions to this, but as a rule you can only post in one thread at a time.)

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

[ 05-03-2005 01:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Sellith

posted 05-03-2005 01:54 PM    
There I made a character can someone check it to see if its ok (I suck at making characters )

Sarisa Ker

posted 07-07-2005 07:00 PM    
Hello. It seems like you made a good character and noticing advice from Mara1jade and Graysith I'm sure your character will turn out fine. Have fun.