The Holonet Boards   » RP Headquarters   » What do you hear?

Rykounagin

posted 09-04-2005 01:06 PM    
What do you hear when you are writing for one of your characters? Do you have a specific "themesong' for your characters, or just a tune? For example, when I RP for "Commissar Stern", I listen too "Gethsemane (I Only Want Too Say)" from Jesus Christ Superstar. I think I'll make a list as I figure it out.... But what about the rest of you?

Rykounagin- "Almost Human" ~Voltaire and "Take it all Away" by (someone who I don't know)

Kalvendar- "Crusade" ~Voltaire

Lord of the Masque- "Goodnight Demonslayer" ~Voltaire

Commissar Stern- Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) ~Jesus Christ Superstar

Nefrai Kesh- "Psycho" ~Perfecto (Paul Oakenfold)

Arien- "Return to Zanarkand" ~Final Fantasy X

Onidorei- "Bohemian Rhyapsody" ~Queen

This is sorta a temporary list, that could be subject to change as time wears on. But what about the rest of you?

[ 11-08-2005 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

Sarisa Ker

posted 09-04-2005 02:57 PM    
Rykounagin that's a pretty cool topic I think. Since I only write for one character right now I listen to a variety of things from old metallica, sound track to resident evil: apocolypse.

I tend to like hearing "powerful" music. Whether it's classical or hard rock. Something with a strong beat and give you chills when you hear it.

Sellith

posted 09-04-2005 04:01 PM    
I listen to "Anakins Dark Deeds" from the ROTS Soundtrack. Its a cool song.

Sarisa Ker

posted 09-04-2005 04:14 PM    
Yeah I agree with you Sellith. I sometimes also like hearing the theme music for the uruk-hai from LOTR Two Towers.

Aelly Ssyn

posted 09-15-2005 10:18 PM    
I listen to the same things Sarisa does. LOL

Blade of Chaos

posted 09-15-2005 11:54 PM    
I gott say, Ryk, Bohemian Rhapsody does NOT strike me as a song for Onidorei. Just thought I'd throw that out.

As to what I listen to...oh, nothin specific. Just usually Star Wars or Lord of the Rings music. Or Queen or the Beatles.

Aelly Ssyn

posted 09-16-2005 12:00 AM    
good picks Blade.

Agent Korsair

posted 09-16-2005 05:06 PM    
I chose BR for Oni because of the "surealness" of it, how it plays along being condemned and such.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 09-16-2005 05:44 PM    
Just to let you know Ryk, Down With The Sickness is by Disturbed, not System of a Down. As for what I hear when I write for Sa'kal, it would have to be any Disturbed song, especially Down with the Sickness, and the Devil May Cry soundtrack, being the Sa'kal's image is based off of Dante.

Sarisa Ker

posted 09-16-2005 06:17 PM    
I didn't know there was a soundtrack out for Devil May Cry. What kind of music does it have?

Agent Korsair

posted 09-16-2005 08:23 PM    
This proves that I'm sleep deprived! I only have that one song on my comp, so it doesn't show who it's by....

Aelly Ssyn

posted 09-16-2005 08:53 PM    
Oh man. Maybe you should get more songs or get some sleep then.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 09-17-2005 01:02 AM    
I don't think there is a actual soundtrack, but I've actually turned the game on before when writing for Sa'kal, and I think that you can download many of the songs off the internet (from the Devil May Cry site I believe). It's mostly rock, metal, and some other kinds of music also. Has anyone realized I like Devil May Cry? I think Dante is the perfect example of a kick ass character, along side Sephiroth, but I like Dante's smart ass remarks better.

[ 09-17-2005 01:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]