The Holonet Boards   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Pirates on the Hunt

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 03:23 AM    
((OOC: Captian Djorn, the stolen cruiser come back to us once more form "The start of an empire in the complete Star Wars Universe forums.))

The stolen cruiser suddenly dropped out hyperspace directly behind the pleasure yacht and opened up with its foreward torpedo tubes on the shields. Imediatly afterwards, the laser turrents took out the engines when the rear shield were knocked down. On the bride Djorn was giving orders. "Order the cruiser to stand down and surrender immidiatly. Tell it to power down all weapons, and stand by for a boarding party. I am going to get into the fighter and launch to see if it puts up any resistance. Prepare the boarding ships." He then turned and marched out towards the hanger. Then, four TIE Interceptors shoot out from the ship.

[ 05-16-2004 05:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 03:45 AM    
"Seven-Fiver", Medan crackled through his worn out comm. "Damn", he thought, "I've got to get that fixed." "Marshall, do your copy?", an even voice asks. "Yes, of course," Medan replied, "listen, just give me the details." "Very well," the voice said, pausing only to drawl on further," you're to board the pleasure cruiser, the Golden Sunset, and retrieve two crates in the storage room marked HRK. Then deliver that to Korris'ian. You will be contacted once you get there to where. I hope the price that is being transfered currently to your off-planet account on Ordo V, is acceptable. Regardless, you will only hear from me again if you fail to do the task. Have a good afternoon Marshall." Medan lazily flicked off his comm and inspected his account on his datapad. "Holy Shit!, 250,000 credits!" Taking out his ivory cigar cutter, he shaved off the top and lit it, placing it in his jaw. His quick fingers dailed in the coordinates and checked his weapons on his MystLynx in the same action."Miss. Grace, please put my will in effect and call my lawyers." Medan said smoothly and evenly into the comm. "Sure thing sir," a clear voice rang out,"good luck! Don't get killed!" Medan intiated hyperdrive and buckled in.

[ 05-16-2004 04:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Marshall Medan ]

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 03:55 AM    
As the interceptors roared out, the sensors blinked in a new ship. It was the rough size of a fighter, but had no signiture profile. "Sir, we have another signiture on the radar." "All right, weapons to full. Engines at max."

[ 05-16-2004 03:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:03 AM    
Adjusting the MystLynx jump jets, Medan speeded towards the pleasure cruiser, calibrating his 1.5 millimeter exploding shell ammuntion. Noticing the multiple ships on his radar, Medan steeled himself for resistance. "Damn, protection. Curse it he didn't tell me anything about that." Medans MystLynx glided towards the ships.

[ 05-16-2004 05:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:09 AM    
"Unidentified ship, what is your intention? I am Captian Djorn, commander of the KTG Indefeatable. We do not wish to fight. Over." Switching to the coded comm, he called out, "All fighters, evasive actions." With that the fighters spiralled away from each other.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:14 AM    
"Very well, commander of Defeatable. My intention is to rip any resistance wing to wing, sieze the cruiser, and crash it into a small moon." Medan tried to keep his voice calm while he responded.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:15 AM    
"And what does that have to do with us? We are only simple pirates. Nothing more, Nothing less."

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:19 AM    
"We have the same intention?" Medan replied cuiriously. "Listen why don't we work together. I know I can't be trusted but an alliance may enable both of us to gain our goals. After this we may even be able to work out a contract. I only have one condition, don't destroy the holding area."
Medan voiced.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:23 AM    
"That would seem fair to me. I have resources and a ship, and you have your ship of some sort and the way you handle it sugest that you have quite a bit of skill. By the way you will have to tell about this 'ship' sometime. It appears to be some wierd form of walker. So shall we detroy any resistance on the ship, you get what you came for, I loot the rest, and then waste whatevers left?"

[ 05-16-2004 04:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:32 AM    
During the comm chatter, the yacht decided to launch off some of its own defense when it relized the new ship was hostile. A six of TIE interceptors launched out of the bottom of the yacht.

[ 05-16-2004 04:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:33 AM    
"Indeed. Medan out." Medan shut off his comm and activated his BAP's. Effortlessly manuevering towards the TIE interceptors, he brought down his combat HUD. The fighters game in one of the most predictable forms Medan had ever seen and he quitley chuckled at their folly. His MystLynx's arms tracked two of the Interceptors and loosed a round. The bullets wormed their way the the TIE's hulls and punctured their life support, steering and engines. The TIE's made a loud screeching sound as if the ship itself was in protest and then promptly exploded.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:40 AM    
Flipping back over to the coded channel for his fighters, Djorn barked out orders. "Raider 2 this is Raider 1, you will be my wing. We will help The Marshall out with the fighters. Raiders 3 and 4, you will be wingmen and take out any turrents on the yacht left and destroy that hanger. Over." With that he turned his interceptor over to the group and gently settled in behind the trialing enemy. The fighter started to juke right but then was bracketed right under the guns of my wing man. One quick squeze of that trigger and we was just that much more spce debries. Peeling off to come around for another pass, he survied the radar screen. It showed that 3 and 4 had been successful and were now protecting the cruiser and that only three fighters now remained.

[ 05-16-2004 04:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:48 AM    
"Nicley done sir." Marshall commented while observing the battle. Time to clear the field Medan thought. Activating his shoulder-mounted Hellfire and Thunderer missles he took a few moments to lock on. The fighters path was easy and three brightly red colored rockets screamed after them, assimilating to into the darkness. The other was soon drowned out by his friends flaming fuselage. "Heh." Medan scratched his head. The MystLynx jump jets activated again and Medan streamed towards the cruiser.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 04:56 AM    
Pulling off an Idelman turn, Djorn spoke once agian with The Marshall. "My dear Marshall, what is it that you seek on board this yacht? I am only after any loot that I may come across. I will allow you to take what ever you wish and then invite you to come with me back to my cruiser to negotiate this contract. I am now going to board the yacht so please tell me what it is that you seek." With that he headed at full speed back towards the yacht. "Golden Sunset, prepare airlock three for boarding. If you fail to comply, it will be blasted open for you. Over." "A... A... Airlock three is awaiting you and is unocked."

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 05:02 AM    
"You have me at a disadvantage sir. You known my title while I am unaware of yours. Be that as it may, I am not at the liberty to discuss my mission. Let it be simply "a number of items in the storage compartment." Medan commented. He decided to dock in a lower fighter bay and go from there. Medan glided towards the bottom deck, reached it and commenced a hack for an airlock code. Aquiring such a code just moments later he boarded the Golden Sunset.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 04:50 PM    
Sealing the air lock behind him, Medan meticulously entered the yacht scouring the passage. "Miss. Grace, please upload the Golden Sunset's schematics to my HUD." Medan asked. "Of course sir. You should be getting them momentarily." Miss. Grace, Medans personal assistant replied. Adjusting his MystLynxs vision to infared, the Marshall saw the scurrying shapes of the Golden Sunset's passengers. Heedlessly walking through them, and making a bloody swath of destruction behind him, Medan made his way to the holding area.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 05:06 PM    
As his intercpertor made contact with airlock three, Djorn pulled out his assualt rifle and undid his harness. He popped the top hatch and swung out into the yacht. AS he marched along towards the bridge, he saw the passangers either wimpering, running for the escape pods, or running around. When he neared the bridge, he heared a distinctive clanking sound.

He slapped the access panel and barged into the bridge. "Who's the captain here?" he barked, "I've got to have a word with him."

"I.. I'm the captain sir." a nervous looking man repsponded.

"Captain, where are all of the valuables and cargo kept on this crate anyways?"

"That would be in the personal cabins then."

"Where are the richest passengers here then?"

"That would be in the first class section at quadrent 2."

"Good, my thanks you captain." With that he turned smartly and marched out the door.

As he ran down towards quadrent 2, he fired of at a few indviduals to have them get their heads down. When he reached quadrent two he shot anyoe in their cabins and took anything valuable they had.

When he was doen he sprinted back to his fighter and detached it. As he did a sharp dive-thurn away he flicked his comm over.

"Marshall, the title is captain. I belive I told you earlier but it is forgivin. I am detached so you may leave whenever you like. Then we may meet on my ship. Over."

[ 05-16-2004 05:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 05:15 PM    
"Very well Captain. I will be off shortly. Marshall out." Medan eliquently put through his comm. His mech moved slowly to the holding area and was confronted by a pair of polycarbonate double doors. Instructing his MystLynx, Medan ripped open the pair of doors and barrled into the chamber. Seizing up an oppertunity for more money, the Marshall inspected a number of crates, and stowed them in his mechs chest cavity. Finding the crates that were needed for the job, Medan picked them up and exited the chamber being carefull to jury-rig the now useless doors with a number of trip-mines.
"Thank you for your time Golden Sunset." Medan switched on his mechs loudspeaker.
Going to the nearest plassteel window, Medan broke it open and was jettisoned through."
"Captain pick a destination for the our talk. I will follow. For security reasons please go ahead of me." Medan turned on his comm.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 05:23 PM    
"Very well Captain, we will land in docking bay at the head of the cruiser and proceed form there to the conference room. I am pleased of your ingenius way of destroying the yatch. I would have just balsted it to pulp with my lasers. Over."

As he cut the comm, I flew over to the cruiser.

"Raiders 2, 3, and 4, what is your status?"

"We are at green health all around, sir."

"Very good, now head to docking bay 2. We have a vistor coming in with me in bay 1. Over"

"Rojor that Captain."

As the fighter was setteling down in the bay, I was quickly hopping out. I stood at the bottom of the ladder to wait for the Marshall.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 05:28 PM    
"Thank you Captain." Medan replied hastily. Entering the magnicron sheild, Medan manuevered his jump jets to land next to the Captain.
"Captain, we meet in person," Medan said while extending his mechs attachments in a show of power,"it certainly was a pleasure working with you. Now about this contract..."

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 05:32 PM    
"Indeed Marshall, same to you. I am Djorn and welcome to the Indefeatable. If you will step out of your ship/walker then we can go on to the conference room to discuss this contract of ours. Would you care for a drink?"

He then turned and started out.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 05:36 PM    
Against all his instincts, Medan cracked the helm of his MystLynx and hopped out. Giving a mighty stretch he started yet another cigar. Stuffing his hand into his pocket, he groped untill he had in his hand a slender metallic key. When pressed, the MystLynx uttered a chirp, chirp, closed the helm, activated defense shields, and it kneeled down. Medan then followed the Captain...

Captain Djorn

posted 05-16-2004 05:41 PM    
"Thank you. Now if you will just follow me."

He start out throught the small door at the far right corner of the room. As he proceeded down the hallway he started talking with the Marshall.

"So Marshall, what is your name? And what is this ship/walker that you call the MystLynx?"

He turned into a large room, with nice furniture and a long table. There was a cup at each chair and a minbar at the left corner.

"Something to drink as well?"

Marshall Medan

posted 05-16-2004 11:39 PM    
"Indeed. A brandy, thank you. The name is Medan. Field Marshall Medan. As for my MystLynx," the Marshalls eyes misted over for a second, pausing only to continue with a passion, "is my mech. It's my very own mechanized beast of warfare."

Medan took a long pull of his cigar and accepted the crystal tumbler and glass, pouring himself a generous portion. After wetting his throat, he continued.

"Two shoulder mounted, thirty six slot, three hundred and twenty degree firing arc missle turrets. Takes my own special blend of Hellfire and Thunderer missles, fully equipped with hull piercing capabilities. Both arms equipped with firing ports for my slugs. Soft point, exploding shell, canister, hull peircing, and tracers bullets coming from a quick-release bandolet in her collarbone. Garunteed fluid transition, never stopped up." Medan described in a raspy voice.

"Block three hyperdrive integrated above her Clantech jump jets. Allowed me to travel a better part of the known galaxy."

"About this contract, I was hoping you had an idea about it" Medan left off...

Captain Djorn

posted 05-17-2004 12:30 AM    
"Certainly, Medan. Sometime later I will have to show you my plans for my personal fighter. That reminds me."

He fliped out his commlink, and switched to a differnt frequency.

"Salvage ship three, please go out and get the intercpetors remains."

"Aye Captain, will do."

"Now where were we. Ah yes, the fighter. Sometime later I suppose. Now about that contract."

He stops speaking and pulls out a data sheet.

"While we were flying in, I took the liberty of drafting up a contract. it may need some editing but you should look it over."

Contract

This contract states that we, Marshall Medan and Captain Djorn, will partake in this business arangement, in which the marshall shall find the jobs using any contacts he has or may find. Then the Indefeatable will jump in to act as heavy fire support. The Raiders will partaske in looting any and all goods and belongings that they see fit with the exception of the items or persons the Marshall needs to fufil the job arrangement.

I hand him the document and continue...

"Your MystLynx sounds like a very fine machine. It apears to have very good firepower. The only weakness I can see in it is the limited manueverabilty compared to that of a fighter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it has very few manuevering thrusters?

"So what do you think of the contract?"

[ 05-17-2004 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-17-2004 03:02 AM    
I looked over the datapad and scanned it for any fine print. Not seeing any I complimented the Captain.

"This seems acceptable Captain," I said while sipping my brandy,"we may have to go over the details at another time though. For now I suggest a toast to our new partnership!"

Being carefull not to spill any brandy in my large glass, I raise it and slowly and hit the Captains glass.

"Captain, to complete my current job, I must be taken to Korris'ian to deliver my cargo. I hope that the contract enables you to take me there?"

Captain Djorn

posted 05-17-2004 03:15 AM    
"Of course, my dear Medan. Of course. Now celebrating sounds like and excellent idea. The trip to Korris'ian will most likely take about three days. That will give us plenty of time to work out the detials of this contract. But for now, lets us just be happy about reaching such a great agreement. I hope we both proper tremendously from this arangment. So now if we head down to the hanar, the techs should be finished locking down the bay so we can go over the plunder from this hit. I do say that you seem smart enough to take a little more than what the contract reqiures for yourself?

It turns out that I had recieved a load of about 50 gems and a crate full of credit notes. The full load totaled somewaht close to 200,000 credits in gems and another 50 grand in cred notes.

A few minutes later, after the salvage ship returned with a wing at two viewports from the interceptors, the cruiser lept into hyperspace.

[ 05-22-2004 06:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-20-2004 03:42 AM    
"Thanks for taking me this far." Medan punched through the comm. "I'll be three days top." Waving off the Captain, Medan initiated his jump jets and rocketed towards the planet. As he neared the docking hangar a shout came from the broadband circut. "Delta's Wild! Joker's split! Joker's split! Unauthorized ship, you do not want to come down here! Get out of here double-time!"
Curious with all the hubbub was about, Medan ignored the warning and activated his shoulder turrets. Breaking atmo, the sunlight temporarily blinding him, Medan clearly saw the cause of the ruckus. "Holy Mother of Pearl!" Medan cursed, grimmaced from the sulight, and polorized his plassteel cockpit.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-20-2004 11:45 PM    
"Miss. Grace, call my contact." Medan cooly spoke into the comm. "Sure sir, in a second." Miss. Grace replied lazily. "NOW!" Looking down Medan saw what was the forms of seven rancors slaughtering their former owners. Medans MystLynx floated down apon a hangar and surveyed the damages done in the docking bay. The rancors jumped into the crowds, eagerly devouring anything in it's path. "Uhh... sir..."

[ 05-20-2004 11:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Marshall Medan ]

Captain Djorn

posted 05-22-2004 02:22 AM    
As he watched the 'mech' go out of the hanger, Djorn turned and headed for the bridge. As he reached it he sat down in the command chair.

"Tactical Report."

"The planet is mostly barren. There appears to be few people on the planet and almost nothing worth hitting."

"Very well. Please scan all of the leaving ships in the other close planets. If I remember correctly, we are in the Diamond of the sith. Scan for any ships leaving any other planets in the diamonds. Actually, scratch that. Scan the other three planets that make up the diamond. Let me know if any ships that show sings of running because of valauble cargo, or have heavy defenses to protect their cargo. Let us use these specialized scanners taht we worked hard to earn, people."

He then sank back into the chair and thought.

He and Medan were yet to see if they would make up a good team. He was a good pilot, Medan was a good soldier. Only time would tell if they would cooperate enough to make it work. Until then he would be on his guard.

He then ordered a list of parts that were stored on board. A few minutes later, an aide appeared with the list on hand.

Invintory List

two tie interceptor wings
four transparesteel cockpits
one tie cockpit
sixteen square feet of steel
one tie bomber fuesalage
six laser cannons
two proton torpedo tubes
four ion cannons

He tapped a butten and the list updated itself.

Parts needed

two laser cannons
four ion guns
twelve square feet of steel
four tie interceptor wings
one tie bomber fuesalage
one tie cockpet

"Thank you. Please scan for any debrie taht matches this criteria. I will be in my quarters."

He then stood up, tossed the sheet of paper on the command console, and then turned and left.

Marshall Medan

posted 05-22-2004 06:06 PM    
"Your contact is dead sir. He died a couple of minutes ago in what the mourge officials said to be a rancor incedent. Your employer has beaten us the the chase. He says the deals off. He on line three." Miss. Grace said urgently.

Jamming the comm button Medan heard the smooth voice fill his cockpit. "Well, well. You do seem to be in a pickle now. Seeing as how your contact is dead, the deals off."

"What the heck! You signed a contract! You can't back out on me know!" Medan replied furiously.

"I can and I will. In addition, I want this to stay under the lid. Field Marshall Medan, the feds are coming for you and your assistant." The voice stopped short and the comm powered off.

"How does he know my name?" Medan thought curiously. While the Marshall pondered, the feds pressed in forming a circle around him. The droids opened a round of blasters charring the mechs decorative blue paint. "Son of a!" Medan brought down his HUD with dexterious fingers moving with practiced grace. Surveying the damage while bringing his weapons online Medan noticed he had been hit with a tick. Nasty buggers used by crack commando teams enabled quicker lock on time, tracks with acute precision, and renders cloaking useless.

His double barrle guns blazing at the droids, Medan brought on jump-jets and powered them up. Switching to Thunderers, Medan shot off two at the crowding droids.

Breaking atmo, Medan reflected on his stay at the planet.

"Man, I really wanted to do some shopping."

Marshall Medan

posted 05-22-2004 06:24 PM    
"Sorry about the confusion captain. Had some trouble at the port. If it wouldn't be to much trouble, my Mech could use some repairs." Medan said as he shifted his way into the hangar. Popping the hatch he got out and went to work, using his las-cutter, buffer, and paint application tools.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-22-2004 06:27 PM    
A crackle came over the ships loudspeaker in his room

"Sir, it appears that the MystLynx is coming out of orbit and heading towards us to land"

As I stirred out of my sleep, I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"All right. All right. Open the hanger that is closest to his current heading and hail him towards it. And have you found any wreckage yet?"

"No sir, no wreckage that matches your specifications that you left us."

"All right. I'm up. Which docking bay is he at?"

"Docking bay three, sir."

"All right. I will meet him there."

"Oh yeah. And tell a maintenance crew to head over and help him with the repairs."

[ 05-22-2004 06:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Marshall Medan

posted 05-22-2004 06:33 PM    
As the captain walked into the hangar, Medan was still busy at work, trying to re-aply armor to the numerous blaster burns that covered the MystLynx like hives.

"I just didn't see it coming," Medan thought out loud as the captain moved closer,"Why? Why to my baby?"

Grief stricken, Medan laid down flat his eyes closed, his face painting a sad picture indeed.

"Captain. I have a tick on my mech and I don't have the skills to take it off. If one of your technicians could do it I'd be very pleased. And we need to get out of here. The feds will come any moment." Medan choked on the words and rolled over.

Captain Djorn

posted 05-22-2004 06:52 PM    
"Very well."

Going over to the comm station, he radiod the bridge.

"Please launch in a short blind jump. Jump as soon as possible."

The tech team that he had ordered then walked through the door and saluted him.

"At ease. The Major here has picked up a tick. I don't know how but it was from the feds. If they find us then, they will try and take this cruiser. So you need to either disable it or get rid of it. Do what ever you have to without damaging the mech."

"Aye, sir."

While the tech team was working on the mech, I heard the distinctive sounds of a hyperdrive powering up and suddenly, we were gone.

[ 05-26-2004 11:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Captain Djorn

posted 05-22-2004 07:17 PM    
As the ship came out of hyperspace, he veiwed the starmap in the cruisers nav computer.
It was very complete since it was meant to be more of a anti-blockade runner. He wondered which blockade it was going to be sent to.
He called up their perticular sector. Glancing at the map, he saw a planet he had no idea esisted. It was falshing and he tapped it with his finger.

KEEL DOBA
IMPERIAL DATA BASE RESRITIONS
PLEASE ENTER PASSCODE

As he pulled out the security cammera vid tapes, he pulled out one of the bridge.

When he zoomed in on the console, he saw one tech entering in the passcode for the computer database.

PASSCODE: ANGELS DREAM

PASSCODE ACCEPTED.

AS he scanned the planets size, climate, ect. he saw a note at the end.

KEEL DOBA HAS BEEN ALIVE WITH SITH ACTIVITY LATElY. IT HAS BEEN BLOCKADED BUT DESTROYERS AND OTHER LIGHT SHIPS ARE NEEDED. IN ROUTE ARE THE INDOMITABLE, The INTIMIDATOR, AND THE INDEFEATABLE.

So that was were this ship was headed for. ANd thats why it had access to this high, top secret information.

Navigator, plot us a course for these cordinates...

(((OOC:Captain Djorn and Marshal Medan will reapear in Catch as Catch Can , Jedi Sith forums. Thanks.)))

[ 05-27-2004 02:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Djorn ]

Graysith

posted 05-27-2004 12:51 AM    
((OOC: This is a reach, but I will accept it as while Sorben DID give orders that no one and nothing was to go out of the Khar Delban system, nothing was specifically said about NOT ordering in reinforcements.

Please change the name of the thread you are going to enter, as the Shrouds thread is now defunct. This is so people can keep track of characters' movements, and can backtrack if needed to check on facts previously written.

Remember you are arriving in space with a red dwarf sun and only two planets. Both planets are under heavy Imperial blockade -- see "blockades" in RP Headquarters.

Thank you,
Admin))

[ 05-27-2004 01:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]