The Holonet Boards   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Water on Tatooine....

LumbiaSith

posted 05-23-2003 08:18 PM    
((OOC: Lumbia, Paul, Shawn, Lanlif and the two droids come in from Tomorrow Never Comes in the "Empire/New Republic" forums, thank you.))

Lumbia sat there, awaiting his awnser as he watched the Master contemplate. It was interrupted though by the grumbling of the R2 unit entering some parts of the ship, beginning the work commanded by the resting Squib. Meanwhile, it's companion, the protocol droid headed into the cockpit with refreshments.

"Jedi Whitfield, I suggest you take a cool drink of water. I found the refreshments in the back of this freight if you want to know exactly were I had attained it." The droid said, his voice humanized, though his frame was stiff and rock solid with the body covering.

Lumbia smiled, giving the protocol droid a gracious nod as he watched it disappear into the shadows of the next room. Turning back around, he stared at the Jedi again, asking once again.

"So, do you have a question or was it false tension I was feeling?"

[ 05-24-2003 02:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Lanlif Berayen

posted 05-23-2003 09:15 PM    
It wasn't soon after the rumbling of Lanlif's R2 unit that his master awaken to it. The Squib's large eye's taking a long time to open, taking in the burning light that shined over him. Throwing himself up out of shock, he reabsorbed his surrondings, attempting to understand it.

After finally coming to a conclusion to where he was and why, the Squib went into a stand and entered the chambers his astromech unit was in. Taking a seat beside his engineer droid, he worked along side him, trying to put the freight back into the perfect condition.

The fact that it was just a freight that smuggled would slow it down. It would have had to seen some dances with criminials and no one that gets that close to the fire doesn't come out with some scars.

"T4, how's the condition of the ship?" He asked as he observed the surrondings, trying to come to a conclusion himself before his astromech could.

With a few beeps the T4 gave a response, with the Squib shaking his head in a response.

"The smuggler must have been a dirty, good one then. With very little troubles and all." Lanlif took back up the ramp out of the small mechanical sactum and back into the basic chambers.

"Hey T4, could you go find that darn protocal droid. He always manages to get off everytime I take a nap."

R2-T4

posted 05-23-2003 11:01 PM    
Doing as my master told me, I rolled along the floor, heading for that trouble-making protocal droid.

As I beeped along in angered and frustration of not being able to find him, I observed the area. My lens moving from side to side until I finally caught sight of him fixing a few drinks.

"Hey, house droid!" I exclaimed in my beeping language, catching his attention immeditately. It was probably too much a suprise for him, for he nearly dropped the three drinks in his hand.

"How rude," he responded, but before he could continue on, I was behind him, forcing him over to Master Berayen as a murmured a few words of distress.

When we came to the destination, I slowly stummbled from behind him, and showed my master of my deed with a single beeping sound.

Then I waited, wondering why my Master wanted him now.

Lanlif Berayen

posted 05-23-2003 11:17 PM    
Lanlif sat, taking the three drinks from his droids hands, and placing them down on the nearest table. As he took comfort on the luxurious couches, he revealed why he had came in only four words.

"I have a question C3." Lanlif said, with the room going quiet. The short Squib looking into the mechanical eyes of his protocal droid. A smile coming to his face, as he reached down to his bag and brought it to his lap.

His furry palms searched through, curioustly feeling for the object he wanted. Finally coming to it, his face lit up out of joy as he slowly pulled it out. The object he had dig for was a beautiful crystal.

"Do you know what the background of this baby and what it's worth?" The haggler asked, remembering when he picked up the piece of junk in a gamble with fellow slum citizens.

It was a second though before the protocal droid could respond. In his eyes Lanlif could compute that he was searching for the data of the object before his eyes. It seemed like forever until he came to an end, with his body twirking slightly.

"Master, my data says it's an Adegan crystals from Osuss. It is used for the construction of a lightsaber. My old Master gave me that data, sir."

"Hmm...I see." Lanlif contemplated, wondering what he could haggle out of this one Tattoine. It didn't seem like their were any means of lightsabers in this galaxy for any normal citizen, but a Jedi.

"Well, can you excuse me Master-" The C3-K6 interupted in the Squib's contemplation, as he reached for the three bevarages placed down. "I'll be leaving for a second, sir."

And with that the droid was in the cockpit again, giving his drink to all the Jedi, leaving the Squib to think in silence. His eyes glowing as he looked into the reflective crystal, while his mind wandered to what he would do with it.

The Jedi all had lightsabers from what he had heard and trading an Adegan crystal wasn't going to happen in this galaxy. He might as well keep it, until he found a good person to give it to...

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-24-2003 12:20 AM    
As Tzakang entered the system, he activated his scanners. His revenge was long overdue.

He will hunt down and kill every force user if he had to in order to avenge his parents. Hunting Jedi will be easy with the Vongs' technology and the Ysalamirri. Without the force, Jedi are helpless.

The Yuuzhan Vong were gone, but they might return someday. Until then Lah had to make do with what he had.

A ship appeared on his scanners. Lah brought his stolen fighter toward the ship. If there were any Jedi on board, this would be a whole lot more interesting.

C3-K6

posted 05-24-2003 01:25 PM    
After I finished the task of placing the bevarges in the cockpit, I was back beside my astromech friend, R2-T4. We both were taken an inspection of the place, for my uncanny interest in the smuggler ship. The one my manufactor had created had numerous smuggling compartments placed in the ground and it was very likely this one had them to.

The freight was much like the legendary Ebon Hawk, but it's outside was far dirtier and colored in a much different shade. So, as we continued on through, my foot got stuck. Dripping over onto my bottom, I watched as a luxurious tile on the floor was magnetized to my foot.

With the help of the R2 unit, it was quickly taken off, only to be followed by our examiniation of the what was under the tile to push it up onto my foot.

We found it to be a lower deck of the freight ship. A basement of which was used for smuggling work, brandishing spices, numerous packages of blasters and ten well manufactored swoop bikes that dated back to the Golden age of the Republic.

"Interesting..", I said to myself, taking in the data before I was helped to my feet by T4. Taking a looked down at him, I began with an order. "Go get the Master, I'll be suprised if he isn't interested in this discovery."

And with that he was off again to send a message just as he did to me.

Lanlif Berayen

posted 05-24-2003 04:58 PM    
Lanlif stood in concern as he watched the asrtomech droid walk into the room. Looking into the lense of the T4, awaiting a statement. The droid began beeping, with Lanlif's keen relationship allowing him to understand his the concern and wants of the astromech.

It was then that the R2 unit was back on the path back to the smuggling basement. Rolling along the polished, tile floor with Lanlif's short body close behind. Heading toward the stationed basement, he looked into it--staring at the varies items.

"Thanks for telling me C3-K6," Mr. Berayen said as he rubbed his chin in thought. It was interesting the weird combination of items that were in the smugglers basement.

They were objects probably smuggled for a crime lord, but who? The riddle began festering in the Squib's mind as he took a kneel before the opening. It was an interesting case that he'd have to have closer inspection into. Taking action, he jumped into the small, tile sized hole, landing in a kneel inside of the dim basement.

Moving to the side of the basement with his hand feeling on the walls, searching for a light switch. After finally finding it, he began searching for something that would hint where these items were heading for. Since the smuggler was out of reach, their was no way of simply asking, but their were always hints on items. He knew that from his own expirences...

"I think there is a lift somewhere, but it is probably activated in a secret compartment." He yelled up to his to threads as he tried to find a way that they could get down there without jumping.

Searching the walls once more, he came to the fist indintation, circled around in white painting. Quickly he began punching into the indintation, with a sudden creaking sound coming from the other side of the room. Continuing to punch at it, the lift creak ended, with the lift coming down.

"Weird way of activating a lift...", Lanlif began, but was interupted by his own though of the droids. Alerting them of the situation, they both came down in a matter of seconds and were prepared to partner him in the search.

"C3, during my inspection I read a weird sort of inscription on the package holding spices & the blasters. Could you read it for me?"

Doing as his master asked, he stiffily walked over to the packages, with his hands brushing along it to get the dust off. "Dropping in the sanctuary of Datooine."

And with that to help him, the small group headed back up through the lift and headed back to the quarters to try to gain some data on what sort of spices the smuggler was once importing.

[ 05-24-2003 05:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lanlif Berayen ]

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-24-2003 08:06 PM    
No the ship was a derelict, no life forms aboard.

Tzakang then activated the "Zcanner" (his own creation) which can pick up force users in nearby systems.

Interesting.....there is a ship with jedi onboard, almost at the Tatooine system. Good. Tatooine was only a short jump away.

The hunt will begin soon......

C3-K6

posted 05-24-2003 11:12 PM    
I inspected the spice, which seemed far too abnormal to be identified by my data. It was a complicated piece of work until I finally manage to get to the core of the object. Rubbing my hands against the outer shell, whcih gave the perception that it was a spice, it came to be a mineral. It was known as Kolto, an expensive object found on the planet of Manaan.

"Impressive..", I began, but was interupted by the not so smooth exit from hyperspace. Taking my eyes from the small object for a second of time and looking into the cockpit, I began to contemplate.

"Master, this is Kolto--the mineral that is created on Manaan, but why would they be smuggling this. Can't they buy it for the same price?" I quiered, which wasn't a normal for me, but the gain of new data was always good.

"Well the fact that the amount is large for one and they are criminials, unlikely to even interact with the Manaan citizens in any way."

Lanlif Berayen

posted 05-24-2003 11:18 PM    
Leaning back onto the couch, Lanlif observed his surrondings idly, project less thought then what he really had. He was contemplating, wondering what he would do now that he found it wasn't a spice, but a mineral. Yet, not just any normal mineral, it was kolto, a powerful healing agent harvested on the surface of the Manaan oceans. Just the impressive smuggling ability and elegance dazzled him, but that was soon to be outdone when he took noticed to the extragevance of the item.

He could use this to haggle his way out of anything, as well as for any physically dangerous occasions. The fact that itw as just open for him to get and that he could do it was something that nagged at his brain until he couldn't hold back anymore.

"You two, pack some of that stuff before we land. I'm going to need it.."

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-25-2003 12:29 AM    
Tzakang exited hyperspace. Although the Zcanner could detect force users in nearby systems, it could not pinpoint the exact location of the force user.

Tzakang had already donned his black Cortosis armour while in Hyperspace. It seemed a wise choice to search around the desert planet of Tatooine first, as it was the most populated planet in the system.

Tzakang performed a last minute check on all his equipment and Vong weapons. He was ready....

LumbiaSith

posted 05-25-2003 02:04 AM    
Lumbia was still waiting, staring with still curious eyes as the ship was slowly and cautiously landed in the landing bay in the city of Mos Eisley. The view of the blockhouses above reminded him of the old dangers of "pirate city". It seemed like they were being drained away by the minute now, with the death of Jakko the Hutt. He held the whole criminal attraction together and without him as a magnet, people migrated to new worlds.

All there were now were natives, farmers and a few normal citizens. Of course the Empire did a bit of spice trade, but it never would attract pirates. They were in two different worlds that were unlikely to collide and only violence could be created out of it.

Lumbia smiled though, with his eyes finally shifting from observing the Paul's face and onto the world below. They would likely live on this planet, with the numerous suns shining down on the new Academy building.

It would be a fascinating role, playing as an architect in the reconstruction of a new Order. A new organization that would change the very universe, the very galaxy they all breathed and lived in together. Embarking on the conquest was something that would bring various issues, from the bliss to the dangers.

Letting those thoughts be driven to the back of his min, he helped piloting the ship down to a rest in the landing bay. Exiting the ship with Lanlif, the two droids and the Jedi beside him, he brought the thoughts back only to be interupted by Paul.

"I'll have to tell you about the situation later Lumbia." The Jedi whispered, without his eyes taking any sort of change.

And so they were, all prepared to seperate. Lanlif and his two droids into the pirate city, searching for something that he could buy to be called a ship. The Jedi heading outside of the city in the desert terrian, searching for somewhere to place the Academy. Still though, their connection was made by not only their friendship during their parting ways, but by a comlink. They'd have to keep in touch on such a wild planet.

So with that, the quest began...

[ 05-25-2003 02:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Lanlif Berayen

posted 05-25-2003 02:08 AM    
Lanlif headed off into the cloest catina, with his hands being placed formally behind his back. Walking slowly down the steps into the dim light before the door of the catina, he prepared for the rough atomsphere he was to walk into. It had been a long time that he had actually interacted with pirates, with very few true villians in the slums of Coruscant like on Tattoin and the Outer Rim.

Finally prepared, he seperated the bouncers with his presence and entered the catina with the two droids close behind. Searching his surrondings, he fiddled with what idea he could begin with to get his ship.

Haggling of course.

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-25-2003 06:44 AM    
The planet was a desolate wasteland. Having landed his stolen craft on the outskirts of "Mos Eisley", Tzakang got out from his ship and activated its cloaking device to keep it hidden. He was lucky that the ship he stole had a cloaking device.

He then concealed his true facial features with an ooglith masquer, and hid his amphistaff and plasma blasters under a long trench coat. Satisfied with his disguise, Tzakang set out for the Mos Eisley.

LumbiaSith

posted 05-25-2003 11:02 AM    
Lumbia's eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on the force. His eyes closed in though, while he felt an outer presence of darkness roam the surface of Tatooine. It was something of which that he had never felt before, it was new. A darkness much different from a Jedi, but it held a more destructive outlook. It's emotions were led by hatred. Yet he couldn't single him out from the people, because Lumbia's only resource on this occasion was the surrondings. The particles of life in all things could feel that hatred as well and he could only manage to get the message from those.

But why? In though he asked himself this, his hands being placed behind his back after he opened his brownie orbs to view before him. The winds were beginning to pick up now, throwing particles of the sand every which and way. Letting the winds be thrown against his eyes, he frequently blinked, unable to focus on what was before him, bu tmore on that presence that was going into the Mos Eisley city.

.....Where Lanlif was..

Opening his comlink during the walk, he began the transmission. "Lanlif, there is a dark being going into the city, keep your eyes pealed.."

"I will...", Lanlif said, with Lumbia hearing the rustle of the catina in the background. Sighing in relief that the presence didn't seem to take stance in there, he continued on towawrd what could be the location for the new Jedi Academy.

[ 05-25-2003 11:10 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-25-2003 07:05 PM    
Tzakang had entered the city. With the ooglith masquer hiding his facial features and the long trench coat concealing his organiic weapons, he could pass for any other human.

Tzakang sent a mental command to the Vong implant in his eye. Now, Tzakang saw the world differently through the implant. Every thing inorganic was grey, all creatures were colored white. Any force users will have a blue aura surrounding them.

Tzakang walked quickly to cover more ground. His muscular size had its advantage of discouraging robbers and anyone else who wanted to pick a fight. Tzakang then headed to the cantina.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 05-25-2003 09:16 PM    
As Lanlif departed, Shawn merely shook his head almost sympathetically, considering the Squib’s discovery on the smuggler’s ship they’d taken from Tatooine to Coruscant and back again.

Poor fella thinks he found spice, and it’s Garosian salt. As if the Imperials would leave real spice on a ship they searched thoroughly...

...sure hope he doesn’t try to sell it...

Shoving those thoughts from his mind then, Shawn walked in silence as he began surveying the area where they had landed. Perhaps he should have warned the Squib about the salt, but Shawn was a firm believer that the best lessons learned come by experience. You haggle, and you’ll eventually get into trouble. And all that aside, Shawn’s thoughts were far from the Squib regardless...

...for somehow he knew that Tarnus was counting on him to hold down the fort here; after all, he knew Shawn over Paul...

...and certainly over Lumbia.

And what do you know of Lumbia...?

At this Shawn frowned ever-so-slightly, realizing that in fact the only thing he knew of the young man was that he could use the Force. But the ability to use the Force does not always go hand in hand with the ability to become a Jedi, and it was true enough that Shawn sensed a hunger for adventure and conquest in the young man...

...a hunger that was entirely not appropriate for a Jedi. And there was his obvious use of the Force when it wasn't even necessary...

Shawn snapped alert as he heard the comm that Lumbia sent in Lanlif direction. He frowned once more, his thoughts returning to the peculiar little Squib...

...and suddenly realizing that he did not belong here either.

That in mind, Shawn stopped walking, and turned to Lumbia, raising a hand to signal him to halt. "Tell your friend Lanlif thank you, but that we will not be needing his services. Tatooine could be very dangerous, and I prefer that we find a site for the Praxeum ourselves."

Shawn paused, pursing his lips thoughtfully. Then, “And I sense in you a need for adventure and conquest, my friend; these things are not the way of a Jedi, and you have been posing as one for quite some time. I would serve you better not by teaching you the ways of the Force, for you know these things. So instead I am sending you out to discover yourself. Go with your friend Lanlif, and seek the adventure which you crave. I need information regarding the Praxeum on Yavin, as well as information regarding the standard practices for training students. These things can be found on the planet of Obra-skai; your assignment is to go to this world and find anything you can regarding these things. Go now, and do not return without them...

...and without deciding whether it is the life of a Jedi or that of the adventurer which you seek.”

[ 05-25-2003 09:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

LumbiaSith

posted 05-25-2003 09:30 PM    
Lumbia stared, fearful of even moving. In ether direction, he'd be changing his life. Whether it was for the better was something that would later dazzle him, yet now he had to concentrate. He felt in his heart that he should obey, but in his mind he knew that if he stayed he could learn more about the Force.

Yet, Shawn wanted him to learn about himself.

Lumbia frowned, turning his head as he headed back off to the city. His eyebrows furrowed downward as he continued to contemplate. The dark brown haired boy had been posing a Jedi for a long time now, but it was gradually wavering over time. An adventure, a warrior, those were things he felt were inside of him, but a Jedi was more of a dream for him.

He could never be one...

"Those who dream can only manage breathing, but not their future." His father always told him every time he awoke. He knew then, that was true. It was very unlikely he was destined for great things other then as an adventure. A boy stuck in a man's body....

..but now he had to discover that man inside of him. He had to find out who he was.

Before he knew it, he was before catina he saw Lanlif disappear into, his lips going deeper into a frown. Taking Lanlif by the arm as he entered, he forcefully exited.

"Lanlif, we have to go. Shawn wants us to do something. It's a mission. You have to come with me..."

And with great tolerance on the part of the Squib and his droids, they entered the landing bay, going on the trail to the freight ship. Leaving the planet with great haste, Lumbia didn't look back. Feeling the painful presence of posing past placed on that planet, with those two real Jedi.

(OOC: Watch as Lanlif, his two droids and Lumbia head off on a mission for Shawn in searching for facts in the Complete SW Universe)

[ 05-25-2003 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Paul Arrakeen

posted 05-25-2003 11:22 PM    
Paul watched the freighter disappear into the sky, wishing good fortune onto Lumbia and his companions.

May the Force be with you...

Sighing, he looked back to the datapad in his hands, which displayed a map for the locations of Tatooine's three spaceports. Paul can imagine the turmoil seething there...

With the Hutts gone, whatever criminal gangs remain on planet will be fighting each other and the Imperials for control.

He could feel life after life fading away as more people are killed every moment on this planet. Building the Praxeum here would bring peace to this planet...at least in the civilizaed areas.

But first, the survey...

Paul walked up next to Master Petrolu, and held the datapad out so he could look at it. It now displayed the whole planet on-screen.

"We can seek aid from the moisture farmers and traders outside the spaceports. I have yet to find any piece of land that hasn't been taken as property or devastated by the storms, though."

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-26-2003 01:24 AM    
There were his prey. Tzakang has found the force users. 2 of them were looking at a datapad. The one he had seen earlier going toward the spaceport must have been in the ship which just left.

The two Jedi looked like beggars, not warriors. Tzakang thought that they were brought here to hide. But the other one....yes he had the look of a fighter.

Tzakang too out a tracking beacon which was as small as an ant. The Jedi could not sense him and they eould not be able to sense a machine. Taking careful aim he threw the tracking beacon which landed on and attatched itself to one of the Jedi's cloaks.

Tzakang had a hunch that the ship which left the space port, which carried the younger Jedi, would lead him to a place with more Jedi. Good. He could come back here whenever he wanted to. The more pery....the merrier.

Tzakang went back to his ship, started it up, and hastily made the jump to Hyperspace before local security had the chance to scan his vessel.

In hyperspace.
Suddenly his Zcanner picked up a force user in the nearby Sullust system. Life keeps getting better and better....

((OCC: Tzakang goes to "Stranded on Sullust" in the same thread))

[ 05-26-2003 05:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Tzakang Lah ]

LumbiaSith

posted 05-30-2003 07:30 PM    
((OOC: Lumbia comes to that Tatooine system on the starfreight from Spira (Drifting Amoung Stars in Complete SW Universe), finally finishing his mission))

Waking from the much needed rest with the sound of an unfamilar voice screaming out his name out of the darkness created out of line of vision. Noticing the frame and uniform of a pilot, Lumbia tried harder to open his eyes.

"Excuse me sir, we have arrived on Tattoine." The pilot said in a professional voice, his body tense. Lumbia drew from the looks of the man he was young and new to the job.

Finally opening his eyes and coming to a stand, Lumbia smiled at the man. Pulling a few credits out of his belt compartment, and giving it to thte man, Lumbia was on he way.

"Take it easy," Lumbia said before he took his leave and took foot into the desert terrian of Tatooine. Walking along the sandy road toward the exit of the landing bay, to where he may find some clues in finding Paul and Shawn.

The best bet was asking a few moisture farmers on the outskirts of town.

[ 05-30-2003 07:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Shawn Petrolu

posted 05-30-2003 10:23 PM    
As had been suggested, Shawn and Paul went about looking for help from moisture farmers in the outskirts of Tatooine. Many seemed surprised to see Jedi at all, and particularly on their world. But Shawn and Paul had managed to find some people willing to help, most of them hopeful that this Praxeum would in fact bring some peace and stability to the usually rough planet. After a great deal of searching, the two Jedi finally found a moisture farmer willing to donate some of his land when it was time to build...

...and in the meantime donate his old homestead as a base from which to start the Praxeum.

“It’s enough to start from,” Shawn said to Paul. “After all, at the moment we don’t even have any students. There is little need to build a large Praxeum until we have more; the homestead will comfortably house about six people. Once we get those six, we’ll take the next step. I also feel that it is advisable to work a moisture farm within the Praxeum as well; the homestead has all the equipment even if it is slightly antiquated. This’ll do several things: it’ll give us something to barter and trade with as well as give us a common ground with the people already living here. Not to mention it will teach our students, as well as us, to work with our hands and feet rather than always use our Force abilities.

“And aside from all that, I don’t see us opening a Praxeum and using all the moisture farmers who work so hard here as a crutch to support our efforts. I feel it is essential we support ourselves as much as possible.”

Shawn paused then, pursing his lips thoughtfully before continuing with, “I’d also like to fish around via the Holonet and perhaps via Imperial outlets to see if there are an Jedi Masters, Jedi, and Padawans out there in the galaxy on their own. We want to reconnect ourselves; that will begin with finding those who were already once connected.

“Your thoughts?” Shawn queried at last to Paul, then quieted.

[ 05-30-2003 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Paul Arrakeen

posted 06-04-2003 06:53 PM    
Paul nodded thoughtfully to each suggestion Shawn made. He found logic behind each one, making sense of the whole situation.

"I believe this would be a wise course of action, Master Petrolu. Though we should look forward to our defense as well. This planet can be very hazardous, especially with the Hutts out of power. We'll be under threat of attacks by Tusken Raiders and the city gangs..."

"Perhaps we can also use the Holonet to ask the local garrison to spare some troops..."

Before he continued, the Jedi briefly sensed another being setting foot upon this planet. Paul realized who this was and smiled to himself. "It seems our young friend...and possibly our first student...has returned."

LumbiaSith

posted 06-05-2003 01:26 PM    
Most of Lumbia's day was fairly uneventful. Everything dealt with a conversatoin with a moisture farmer or walking along the desert terrian, aiming for anything that could help him in his quest. It wasn't until the sun took hide from the sky and the moons began to regain it's power. The beautiful horizion of the blazing sun spectated as Mr. Whitfield began his talk with an old moisture farmer outside of his house during his work.

"So, have you seen two men in robes today?" Lumbia asked, his voice tuned to sound casualy and not completely interested.

The old man sitting down on the sandy floor of Tatooine suddenly smiled, though he only had a half the amount of teeth to spare. His old gray hair being blown in the wind, seemingly coming off by the strain at that very moment.

"Yep, I saw them," The man began, his dialect rough which resembled that of a city trader. "I lended the two my homestead for a Jedi Praxuem. Me and my daughter are excited about the stability that may be created by the remaking of the Jedi Order."

"I'm excited too. I just wish to talk to the two, if that would be fine." Lumbia said, his eyes drifting to the house, wondering what he would say if he was allowed in.

"Heh, I was expecting you to say something like that." The elderly man chuckled, before grunting and muttering a few words as he strained to get to his feet. Walking to the door, he grabbed his staff that wa sposted beside it and guided Lumbia to the homestead.

When opening the door, the two men watched as the Jedi conversed with one another. After a moment of silence between the group, Lumbia broke it with his feet making before the homestead door.

"Hey.."

Paul Arrakeen

posted 06-13-2003 01:13 PM    
Paul nodded with a smile towards Lumbia. "It is good to see you again, though I expected your trip to be quite longer."

He handed the datapad to him, the screen showing the site where the Praxeum will be built. "We've been planning the reconstruction since you were gone. If you intend to stay and help us, we'll be indebted to you. We need all the help we can get."

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 12:43 AM    
Lumbia smiled, one hand out as analyzed the terrian of the holographically projected map. It was an interesting and great location for the Jedi Praxuem to be stationed from Lumbia's view, but still he did have questions which he'd have to carry out later. Giving the datapad back to it's owner, Jedi Master Arrakeen, he began.

"Masters, I will stay here and help you in the ressurection of the Jedi Praxuem. I hope to later be classifed as the first student as well as the first successful one." The young one spoke in such a clear, but still raspy voice.

Taking his hand to robe lining, he pushed it to the side as he reached toward his belt. Slowly taking out his lightsabre he placed it before them. It was well formed and without a flaw to be seen or sensed. An acceptional work of art in the matter of days he managed to form it.

"I also have managed to create a lightsabre during my trip, along with attaining the information that you sent me for." He paused then for his eyes to catch the reactions of the two Jedi Masters before he continued.

"The information is saved in my datapad, in which we may look at any time you please." Lumbia smiled as he ended, his hands clasping onto his work of art as he reattached it to his belt.

Awaiting a reply from either Shawn or Paul, he stood there, motionless with his hands gripping one another behind him and his head high in self confidence.

[ 06-14-2003 01:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 08:19 PM    
((OCC: Xam comes in from "The Stars..." in CSWU thread))

It has been a long time since Xam set foot on Tatooine. Word has it that the Hutts were out of power. Good. With the Ranclaw nicely settled in one of the landing bays, Xam made his way to the cantina.

He could get his information there....

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-18-2003 10:26 PM    
Xam entered the cantina. Instead of going to the bar, he slowly strolled among the other customers. Through the force, Xam caught snatches of various conversations....

"So, how's your daughter?".....

"I don't have the money now, please give me more time.".....

"You got WHAT?! I don't believe it..."....

"....those 2 guys in brown robes. Headed North toward some of them moisture farms."....

Here was the lead Xam was looking for. The only people who wore brown robes would be Jedi. Jedi from whom he could learn and enhance his abilities.

Xam smiled to himself. But then again, the robed men could be B'ommar monks. Oh well.....no harm checking it out.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-19-2003 08:10 PM    
After the group had been reaquainted, the two Jedi requested they should see the reason Lumbia had gone to "The Great Libary" for. After situating themselves in some furniture and getting a table in the center for placing the datapad on, the show began.

It was sudden and quick, even shocking how fast the hologram came out. The image was of Luke Skywalker, dressed in his normal black full-suit attire with his hands behind his back in formal stance. He quickly began with the message that the two Jedi had seeked.

"I am Luke Skywalker, the Alpha of the New Jedi Order. I am here to tell you of the Jedi Praxuem. It is an isolated area on Yavin IV. Though you may not know the origin of the temple we lived in, it was Great Massassi Temple.

"In the Great Massassi Temple, there were many areas that involved force users to pass. This made it a more secure enviroment for our Padawan, Jedi Knight and I.

"This is all. Receiving this information will guide you on your destiny. Use it well, and may the force be with you."

And as quickly as Luke came from the past, he disappeared with a sense of mist that only could be created by the Force. The whole time Lumbia stared at the two for their approval of his findings.

"So...?" He finally said.

[ 06-19-2003 08:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-19-2003 08:22 PM    
Xam managed to hitch a ride to the outskirts of mos eisley. From there, he went about various moisture farm's asking about the Jedis' whereabouts.

It seemed the Jedi came by here and asked the farmers for aid. He followed lead after lead. Finally, Xam came to the homestead the previous farmer told him about.

What would Jedi want with a moisture farm? Yes.....now Xam could sense it. There were 3 men inside, all Jedi. What a lucky break. And they being Jedi probably know he was here now. Xam calmly walked toward the homestead......

LumbiaSith

posted 06-19-2003 08:38 PM    
Lumbia furrowed his brows at the tingling sensation triggering his brain. Searching through the Force he felt a strange disturbance. Someone had come to the homestead and now were only steps away from entering.

Though untrained in the arts of the Jedi, he did know the ways of the Force aswell as the lightsaber. Without hesistance he reached for his lightsaber and clasped it.

"Do you all feel it?" He asked, not expecting an answer. Of course they did, they were far superior to he in the knowings of the Force. They were Knights, he wasn't even a Padawan yet.

Heading slowly for the door he opened it with great ease and slowiness, scanning the area outside, only to find a man. Not much younger then he, coming straight toward him with great tranquility in his eyes. It was clear he wasn't here for trouble, atleast not from Lumbia's eyes, but he still was concerned.

"Who are you?" Lumbia asked as he stepped outside, closing the door behind him as he stared at the man, awaiting a response.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-19-2003 08:43 PM    
Xam was just about to knock on the door when it suddenly swung open. The Jedi who greeted him was almost his age.

"Greetings, I am Xam Ngboohan. Sorry to intrude on you but.....ok I'll get to the point. You guys are Jedi right?"

Xam hoped that these would be the Jedi he heard about. If they were, good. Then he would be able to find out where he coulds go to enhance his force abilities. However, If one of these guys were a Jedi Master, that would make Xam's quest a lot easier.

[ 06-19-2003 08:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xam Ngboohan ]

LumbiaSith

posted 06-19-2003 08:48 PM    
Lumbia was confused how anyone would even search for Jedi at this time. The Jedi population nearly had been whipped out once again, with a few spare remants out there, just waiting for the moment of the return of the Order.

Yet still, their could only be a few that could actually master the ability to forsee this day and this one seemed far too young to have that mastery of the Force.

Finishing his musing, he finally began. His eyes darting from the ground up to the man.

"Why are you in search of Jedi?"

Shawn Petrolu

posted 06-19-2003 09:13 PM    
Merely following the abrupt Lumbia out to meet this newcomer, Shawn at length finally stepped in, raising a hand to indicate that Lumbia stop. “This is a matter which concerns a Master, my young friend,” he spoke calmly, his look nevertheless stern. “Do not let your eagerness lead you into hasty actions.”

For a moment then, Shawn fell silent, his eyes only for Lumbia’s as he let his words sink home. The look in them read, If you want to be trained, you’re going to have to get used to following the lead of Masters and elders.

At length, however, Shawn turned his gaze to Xam, his eyes once more utterly serene, all traces of sterness fading from them as he now reached out to sense the emotions swirling inside this newcomer. His eagerness was evident...

...but Shawn also sensed vague traces of something that approximated anger deep within this one. Throughout this all, however, Shawn’s look never so much as shifted. “I am Jedi Shawn Petrolu,” he said, introducing himself. “Come inside and refresh yourself with us, and then we will speak of just how you have come to us, and why...”

With nothing more than that, Shawn turned slightly towards the homestead and waited for Xam to follow him back inside, where perhaps they would lean why indeed this one had come to Tatooine, of all places, to find Jedi...

LumbiaSith

posted 06-20-2003 11:50 AM    
When the group walked in, Lumbia decided to take seating outside for a little while. It was a time for reflecting. To search more for himself and what kind person he wanted to be. He had decided the path of the Jedi but in itself came turmoil, aswell as times such as these. Where one would need to sit, rest their mind and reflect on the world but much more so, themselves.

Lumbia walked slowly toward the closest mountain of sand, taking a comfortable seating atop it. Staring into the sunsets before him that excerted the true power of this planet. Anakin, Luke all came from this very planet, both parting in ways that would change the coarse of the galaxy.

He wondered though, would he inherit that glorious strenghts and would other Jedi that entered that Praxuem they would built. His mind asked the world this question, but the wind only whistled past, not paying it a mind.

It wasn't this world that could reply, it was the future. He could very well be the one that would forsee it, but that day of matery wouldn't come soon.

Inhaling he took in the sandy world and followed with an exhale. Closing his eyes, images in his mind went black like in his eyes. Searching through unconsciously through all his memory, he came upon something. Somethiing circled in darkness.

There he kneeled in pain, his hands upon his head as the pains of hatred began infesting his brain. It was becoming one with his personality. Swirming about as he sat there in agony, trying to somehow wiggle his way out of the hatred. The purity once in him was now being bind no one else could do anything about it.

The closest to him actually advocated this. Trying to guide him down the Dark path which would leave numerous dead and the reign of terror strong once more. It was these two who had felt the best concept was for a forceful, strong, Dark government to control the galaxy. Down to the Outer Rim and beyond.

They would become conquerers, not just politicans and leaders.

"You will be great," His Master said in his raspy voice, as the boy stood, stablizing himself. The agony had ended and that was left was a boy no older than 14 years old dressed in dark cloth with a snarl of true viciousness on his face.

Lumbia was this boy's name and he had yet to become great then, but he did fulfil what his Master wanted. For him to become as hateful as any other Dark being in this galaxy and use it to his advatange.

Yet this bind on the boy's strong purity could only last so long. Though years past until he found his own way back to the light side, it did come back....

Lumbia's eyes opened, the scene continuing to rattle in his brain in a replay. The emphasis all around the words of his Master, "You will be great."

He believed that, but now he wouldn't do it as his first Master had taught him, but in the way of the Jedi. To help others, not kill them or conquer their land. Not to be classified as a government offical, but as a Jedi Knight who was remembered for his love for all, even the foes he had to kill.

That was what Lumbia wanted, and he would have to obey his new Masters request if he wanted to become that. The road would be long, but he'd make it. He'd make it...

Finally getting to his feet he headed back to the homestead, while the conversation went on inside.

Lanlif Berayen

posted 06-23-2003 05:08 PM    
((OOC: From the thread in Complete Star Wars Uiverse called The Stars... comes Lanlif))

Lanlif pulled the lever after a bit of contemplation, heading back to Tatooine. The main reason wasn't that his friend, Lumbia probably was back on the planet already, but that he could get rid of this ship. In the time that he was selling the ship maybe he could check up on the Jedi and find out what was going on.

The smuggler ship bursted into hyperspace, with the stars running in the same speed the opposite direction. It was a long break that needed to be filled up from Sullust to Tatooine, so the best idea was to get some grub.

Heading in the back he got some food that had been left in here from the origianl owner. It wasn't good snack at all, but Lanlif hadn't ate in weeks.

After finishing he was alerted by the computer that they had entered the area needed for landing. Heading back quickly tot he cockpit he pushed the lever and entered real space. When finally landing about 30 minutes later on Tatooine's main spaceport in Mos Eisley, he began with the work to get rid of this piece of junk and get a new one.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-23-2003 08:13 PM    
Xam followed the Jedi in to the homestead. The younger Jedi stayed outside. Xam knew that he was getting somewhere. Now if only he could convince the Jedi to take him as a student without revealing his true intentions for enhancing his force abilities through training.

Suddenly, Xam felt a disturbance in the force. A dark gathering somewhere.......very dark.....sith......

Xam did not know if the other Jedi had felt it too......

Lanlif Berayen

posted 06-24-2003 02:33 AM    
After a touch of his haggling skills went at work through numerous catina's he finally got his bidder. It was in a catina nearly reaching the outskirts of the city and they'd meet back there in a day to finalize the deal with the credit and ship trade.

When finishing he headed off to find Lumbia. Their is a strong possibility that their wouldn't stick around in the city, especially from the atomsphere he was catching from the town, so he headed to the outskirts. Asking the inhabitants, from Jawa to farmers he came onto only two clues.

Their were mens with robes, aswell as two that were searching for them. They had headed off to a man named Klar R'trel who was known amoung the moisture farming community for his wild dreams he had.

Lanlif never did stay long to converse with them, as he only had a day to rest before he got back to his haggling to get a whole new ship. Something that would be perfect for him and his droids.

The droids though couldn't handle the condition of this moving. They lagged behind in the blow of the sun as the sunset took it's stances. They finally got to rest when they finally came to Klar's house, where they stayed while Lanlif headed off to the homestead that the R'trel's had once used.

Finally, we meet again he thought.

Paul Arrakeen

posted 06-24-2003 07:02 PM    
Paul eyed the new Force-user suspiciously. He can see the young man's eagerness to learn, but he sensed it was for a different purpose beyond that of the Jedi code.

His attention was soon diverted as Paul felt another, darker presence in the Force...something that was a little familiar from what he felt on Khar Delba.

Paul saw a sudden look of concern on the faces of the other Jedi. "I sense it too."

He swiftly grabbed the datapad which Lumbia had brought from his mission and pocketed it inside his robe. "Hate to see this fall into the wrong hands so soon. I wonder..."

Paul stepped outside, staring ahead. "Is it looking for us?"

LumbiaSith

posted 06-25-2003 06:00 PM    
Lumbia was confuse at the sudden akward behavior from Paul. They probably were talking about something secretive or just a topic that they all hadn't gotten the chance to tell him.

Turning around, to see what Paul was staring at, he accidently bumped into a blue blurr. Falling down from the collision, he nearly hit Paul on his way down. Bouncing against the floor, his eyes opened in shock from the sudden force.

Staring at Lanlif..

"Well I guess that's the person that's looking...for us." He said as he chuckled.

Shawn Petrolu

posted 06-25-2003 09:55 PM    
Shawn's look didn't so much as shift when Lanlif came careeming in. Rather, his look was thoughtful, his senses stretching out towards that something that Paul and Xam seemed to be sensing. Then after a long moment he replied to Paul's query. "I don't see how anyone could be looking for us specifically; no one should really know we're even here, let alone that there's a movement to begin reconstruction on the Praxeum," he stated, looking at Xam measuringly.

Then Shawn's greeny-blues defocused yet again as he returned to his thoughts. "Still, I agree that I sense something amiss out there."

He paused, pursing his lips. "Perhaps we should lay aside our plans for reconstruction til we have more hands to help...

...cause I've got a feeling that perhaps we might be needed wherever this darkness is growing. After all, the best place to train students who already have basic knowledge of Jedi practices is in real situations...

...and aside from that, we simply can't just ignore this even if we are few in number."

Again Shawn trailed, then he turned to regard Paul. "What are your thoughts?" he asked Paul.

And finally, now thinking to Paul so as not to alert the others of his words, And what are your feelings concerning Xam...?

[ 06-25-2003 10:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

Lanlif Berayen

posted 06-26-2003 06:12 PM    
Lanlif's eyes tweaked as he listen to the Jedi. Helping his friend Lumbia up onto his feet, thinking of some way he could help in this situation. It seemed they might need help in getting flight to another planet and who was better than he.

Well in his mind...no one.

"Hey," The blue Squib butted in with a loud projeceted voice, demanding attention. When getting what his tone commanded, the captian continued, "Well, the best way of getting off this planet is through me. Maybe I can help you..since I'm getting a brand new ship tomorrow."

Lanlif ended, always ready to help when a Jedi was involve and find something new in the galaxy worth being curious about.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-30-2003 06:39 PM    
Xam listened to the Jedi. Not only was he lucky enough to meet jedi on the very firdt planet he decided to search, but they needed help in reconstructing their "praxeum", whatever it is.

Xam turned to look at the blue creature who just came in. He was not familiar with its species.

Turning back to the Jedi Xam said, "So, you guys are trying to reconstruct your "Praxeum" is that it? Well I don't know if you guys trust me or not, but I am willing to help you out in order to gain your trust. How about that?"

[ 07-01-2003 06:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xam Ngboohan ]

Stella Relak

posted 06-30-2003 08:12 PM    
Stella waited in the alley near the Mos Eisely cantina. What was taking Fiona so long. Was getting an imperial informant out of the cantina and into the alley so difficult?

Her hands were going stiff from holding her gun. The plan was simple. Fiona lures the target into the alley, Stella pops his head open with the blaster rifle and.....instant 7000 credits from their employer.

Suddenly, Fiona heard laughter. She peeped out from her hiding place on the second floor of an abbandoned buillding beside the alley. And there was Fiona and their target, who was obviously drunk. Fiona was in that skimpy black "dancing girl" outfit of hers. Thats right....seduce the target into following you.

They were talking to each other. Stella could not hear the conversation. The man was obviously totally seduced. He must have said something or did something to Fiona. Suddenly Fiona grabbed the man, swung him over her shoulder and slammed him on the floor.

My que. Target in sight.....trigger squeezed....and a bolt of coherent light stabbed into the man's skull.

Stella hurried down to her sister who was already rummaging through the man's wallet.

"Great job Stella, now lets get out of here."

Minutes later, Fiona changed back to her brown flight suit.

"Sis, how much longer do we have to do this"? Asked Stella.

"I told you already, until we get rich enough. Besides I like the job," replied Fiona.

"well I don't," Stella thought as they made their way to the cantina.

Stella Relak

posted 06-30-2003 08:30 PM    
In the cantina, Fiona went to the bar to get a drink.....as usual, while Stella contacted their employer.

The screen lit up and the face of their employer stared up at Stella.

"I have already heard of the informant's death. The money has already been transfered to your account. I has been a pleasure doing buisness with you both. Good day."
transmission ended

That was short and sweet. Now the Relak sisters were 7000 creds richer. Now to find Fiona.

Stella found Fiona at a table playing sabacc with 3 others.

"Alright Sis, what did I say about gambling away our hard earned money? Come on lets go. Sorry about my sister gentlemen."

"No need to be sorry", replied one of the gamblers. He held up a stack of credits. I could see that it amounted to 2000. He pointed to Fiona and then to the creds anbd I knew what he meant.

"I was just warming up," said Fiona with a nervous smile on her face.

GAmbling, like drinking and fighting etc were one of the few habits that Fiona will never break.

Now the Relak sisters were 2000 creds short. Minus ship repair bill, damages, fuel and the newly aquired Swoop bikes, that left an extreamly small profit of 300 creds.

Oh boy......

Paul Arrakeen

posted 07-01-2003 12:28 AM    
Paul made a slight nod in response to Shawn's first question. "I agree. I'm very interested in seeing what this new presence is, and it would show our...uh...students...how Jedi deal with such situations."

Then he smiled at Xam. "AND as long as you're willing to listen and learn, we will accept your help in the Praxeum's reconstruction. Now if you excuse me..."

Paul turned to head for the back of the homestead. "I'll fetch some canteens for us. The Tatooine heat can dehydrate a man in minutes, and its quite a walk to the spaceports."

Before he continued walking, however, Paul stopped momentarily beside Master Petrolu.

As for our new "friend", well... he thought, directing to Shawn. I doubt a force-sensitive, heavily armed man intends to use his knowledge of the Force for good. But then again I could be wrong. Either way, we can still show him how to use the Force to help others, rather than for his own personal agendas.

At that, he continued his little trip to the back, and returned handing canteens to each Jedi and the blue Squib.

"Shall we leave now?"

LumbiaSith

posted 07-01-2003 04:01 AM    
Lumbia didn't say anything in response to Paul, but his actions did. Taking the cateen with a curtious smile on his face, he began walking past the moisture farms and along the desert to the town Lanlif had explained he would be getting the ship. By sun rise tomorrow they'd probably be there by how far his datapad had put it so it was it was great timing for them to have Lanlif come.

When the moon took it's complete stand into the sky around 12:00 standard time, Lumbia set up camp for the group. His scout skills had been attained when young with friends on explores of the forest.

Sitting about the fire, they all rested. Some staying outside as others took guard to point out any vigorous animal heading there way. It was Lanlif who rested though, but still he had an alert aura about him.

It wasn't far after the fire was made and they were completely settle when a duri ran past with a sandcat on it's tail. Lumbia was marveled by this, seeing the dominitant species do it's job in the foodchain. Not that he liked seeing weaker lose, but just the tales of life that was going about him was so attractive.

"Hmmm....Does anyone want to come with me. We need some food and hunting is the only way. If we hav esome stocked food...than that's okay too..."

Xam Ngboohan

posted 07-01-2003 06:47 AM    
Xam was pacing around the fire thinking to himself. When the sandcat appeared, Xam was startled and instinctively went for his blaster.

No! The Jedi would not condone such a violent act. Xam calmed himself.

Just then, the young Jedi asked if anyone wanted to go hunt for food with him.

"Hey sure, I wouldn't mind following you. You will need me to....*ahem*....cover your back." Xam waited to see if the young Jedi would agree.....

O-B-1 Kenobi

posted 07-01-2003 07:18 AM    
((OCC: Ken enters from "Searching For Facts" in the CSWU forum))

Ken entered Tatooine system. Alarms were sounding all over the ship, indicating that there was almost no more fuel in the ship.

Ken managed to make it to a docking bay. However while landing the ship just shut down and crashed down 20 meters into the docking bay. Ken hurridly left the ship. He deliberately left it unlocked in hopes that scavengers would take it apart, destroy the evidence.

Having made it safely out of the spaceport, Ken decided to repair his finances.

He did not remember where he learnt how to be a professional pickpocket. It just came to him automatically. Then again, Ken did not know exactly who he was or where he came from.

He bumped into a blurry big man.

"Hey watch it!!" shouted the man
"I'm sorry, please forgive me", replied Ken, acting as humble as he could. When the man left, Ken smiled to himself as he opened his newly stolen wallet and fished out all the creds that were in it.

Altogether, Ken had 400 creds now. He could keep this up the whole night......

Cartar Grisum

posted 07-01-2003 01:19 PM    
((OOC: Coming from "Rogue" thread on Coruscant in "Complete Star Wars Universe" forum.))

"Thank you, sir," Cartar slowly nodded to the smuggler before he stepped from the ship. He tugged down his hood and brought his cloak closer to him as he exited the docking bay. Winding the streets, he made it out of the spaceport and into the surrounding roads, desert, and buildings.
Pacing himself at a farely quick rate through the criss-crossed road patterns of the residences and businesses outside of the spaceport. His eyes focused on a little character speedily walking in the opposite direction of himself.
The fellow suddenly (and to the least observant mind, at least the one of a Jedi... at least a former Jedi, quite deliberately) bumped into a large, burly man. The fellow nodded to his victim and made some sort of apology.Rotten little pickpocket, thought Grisum. I'll teach him to pull a ratty trick like that... even if it wasn't on me.
As if he hadn't noticed a thing, he continued to walk toward the man who now seemed to be counting up in his head. Then, with a quick snap of his right arm, he snagged the fellow by the collar.
"Give the man his money back, you little scoundrel," he menaced.

O-B-1 Kenobi

posted 07-01-2003 06:59 PM    
"What money? Oh you mean this money." Ken held up the wad of creds. The man who grabbed him was bigger in size. However he did not look like the local security force.

"Tell you what big guy, I give you....here..200 credits. Now you leave me alone and forget ALL about what you saw. You want more? Ok here is andther 100 credits. Happy? Good. Now I must be on my way."

Ken hoped the bribe would work. He did not want to get into trouble with the local security, and he sure did not want to fight with this big guy.

Cartar Grisum

posted 07-02-2003 10:49 AM    
Cartar smiled to himself. Sometimes vigilance (as long as its given with a grain of corruption) does pay off. He badly needed the money anyway.
"This ought to do well.... Say, do you happen to work for anyone?" Grisum inquired. If this fellow actually did work for the kind of filth that he was looking for, then Cartar might find himself an employer.

LumbiaSith

posted 07-02-2003 11:13 PM    
Lumbia glanced over to Xam with a startled look. He wasn't expecting him to aid, but whoever wanted to was needed. Smiling happily he nodded his head and loosened the lock on his lightsaber. Heading off to the closest signal of life force, he hid behind a rock.

Pulling out his lightsaber in the quickest and most skillful way he could without dropping it, he headed toward the body. On his way he took the eyes of the animal in his own, peering into it's soul...

It was then that he stopped, placing the lightsaber down at his waist once more. Buckling it back to his belt, he kneeled and peted the sandcat, making sure soothe instead of scare it. Closing his eyes, Lumbia began working with his most trustworthy ally, the Force. Using it to guide him into a conversation with the cat, he found that a corpse was close by and still fresh.

Getting back to his feet, Lumbia headed down the path that he was given by the sandcat. After 10 minutes of running through the sand, they came upon large dewback corpse with a few of it's comrades 100 meters away resting.

"Hmm...this could become a troublesome situation," Lumbia said, his eyes moving to the side of him to observe his assistant in the hunt.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 07-03-2003 04:25 AM    
Xam followed the young Jedi, Lumbia, as one of the older jedi had called him. Xam allowed Lumbia to lead the way. He had both blasters drawn and was ready for anything.

When they reached a dewback corpse and caught sight of the sandcats around it, Xam felt uneasy.

"Don't worry, we can take them out. 10 of them and two of us, thats make 5 each, shouldn't be a problem." With that Xam set his blasters on maximum power.

"Ok here's the plan. You sneak around them to the back, "hide" yourself with the force or something. Then on my signal, we attack and trap them in the middle.....or would you prefer to just charge right in right now?"

Xam looked at the Lumbia and waited for his reply.....

O-B-1 Kenobi

posted 07-03-2003 04:32 AM    
He took the bribe, good

Ken looked at the man. He seemed ok but there was something that he did not like about him.

"No, I work for myself. Why do you ask?" Ken said. Ken was hoping that this big man had a ship of his own. Then he could persuade him to bring him to Kiva.

Cartar Grisum

posted 07-03-2003 09:59 AM    
Cartar looked at the man carefully... something about him was different. Force sensitive? Grisum wondered. No, it couldn't be.
He stuffed the credits into a pocket on the inside of his cloak. "What business is it of your's why I ask you something, street rat? But, if you must know, I'll tell you," Cartar was hoping the fellow was bluffing about working for himself, or that maybe he knew an employer. "I'm looking for a means of... getting on my feet. If you know what I refer to. If you happen to know of any employers," he leaned closer, "such as a member of the Hutt family, for example, then I would greatly appreciate it if you would inform me of them." He subtly rubbed his thumb and forefinger together. "It could prove to be quite lucrative for you."

LumbiaSith

posted 07-03-2003 02:02 PM    
"No!"

Lumbia said it as stern as he could. His looks as serious as the prey that were about the dewback, prepared to pounce at any moment. It was a long moment afterwards were there was complete silence between the two. The oldest, Lumbia staring forth with his hair being blown in the wind of the desert night. His body warmth decreasing as he glared forward into space, not moving an inch.

"They worked for this, they shouldn't die for that. We aren't part of their foodchain process, we shouldn't be interfering or attacking them. The corpse should be shared between us." Lumbia said, his eyes coming down as his mind began thinker.

Finishing his thoughts he headed to the body, with his hand out, trying his hardest to manipulate the minds of the cats to make sure they wouldn't be frightful or over protective of the food. Pulling out his lightsaber as he made it to the body, he cut it in almost evenly.

Taking the smaller half he dragged it back to Loban.

"Okay, that is enough. We both need to carry this back and keep an eye out, there is still danger in these parts."