my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Guardians of Eternal Was (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Guardians of Eternal Was
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-29-2003 11:28 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar dried and finished dressing. He regarded the heavy pack he had been hauling around the past few days, wondering what that wacky Palindrome guy in his head had needed with him. Or was it Phalorock? He opened the pack and peered inside.

Panthar’s eyes grew wide as he gazed upon the stacks of trinkets, paper, and coins. He saw figurines of gold and other precious stones and metals, many of these resembling ancient ones he had dug up at various sites across the galaxy. He saw large sums of credit bills and marks, totaling perhaps millions.

Panthar quickly threw the pack shut and looked nervously all around him. He hugged the pack to his body and paced the length of the room.

“Oh, what the creeping heck is this? What am I going to do? Come on, buddy, pull yourself together. Just look at the facts and a solution will present itself. OK, whew. What do you know? You’re on an uncharted planet ruled by a supposedly extinct race. OK, I can deal with that. You’re traveling with people who claim they have been here before, some sister act with that gorgeous babe in the robes, even though she says that she doesn’t know them. Yeah, that’s OK. No different than that time on Bespin with the twins. You’re possessed by two people, one is some magic dude who is supposed to be part of this extinct race, the other is some cross between a goat and an R2 unit. Yeah, that’s acceptable too. You’re walking around a hotel room carrying a pack full of enough artifacts and credits to buy a moon… OK, that’s a little hard to deal with. OK, deep breath. Now think, what would your brother do in this situation?”

Panthar stopped pacing and looked at the door.

“Of course!” he cried. “Breakfast buffet!”

Panthar made for the door and opened it, a red flash of light briefly glowing around it. The large Sith guard standing on the other side snapped to attention and glared at Panthar.

“Hey buddy!” said Panthar. “Good morning! I need some towels and shampoo, but you shouldn’t need to mess with the bed. I’ll just mess it up again later, if you know what I mean? Now, where’s the buffet? I’m starved! And hey, if you’re in the lounge later I’ll buy you an ale! I get the feeling that today is going to be my day!”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.109.138
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-30-2003 12:53 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Greeny-gold flashed into copper-shot forest as from somewhere deep within the recesses of the Great Library a bolt of energy shot home. The Revealer seemed to recoil in upon itself, it's soothing swirls becoming momentarily chaotic in the face of the young halfling's last question. It churned and seethed, while yet more highly charged flashes of energy sought the proper response to that question. And finally, after an eternal fifty-seven standard seconds, words written in the High Sith tongue coalesced inside the matrix.

"The parameters of the inquiry are ill-defined and paradoxical. No conclusive response is immediately available; research is in progress...."

With that the Revealer sent out one final searching blast, then blinked into starkly ebon blankness, shutting itself down completely as the tendrils which linked it to the main body of the Library now reached out, seeking deeper for further information that Jharu's question could be answered.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-30-2003 01:09 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The immense Sith guard bristled.

"Ale--?" He glowered at the beaming Panthar and took a threatening step closer to him, his great clawed hand tightening upon the hilt of his sword. Then his attention was caught by a motion from the companion guard who stood outside Shayla and Erik's rooms; after exchanging a look with the other warrior, the Sith smoothed one or two of his obviously ruffled feathers. Finally he took a steadying breath.

"If you will follow me," he growled at length, turning abruptly even as the words spurted from between his fangs. With no further ado he marched down the corridor, and after leading Panthar up one stone hallway and down another finally brought him to a halt outside the exotically carved double doors leading to the Grand Dining Hall.

He nodded his head and held out one hand, stepping aside with that terse motion. Then he took up his guard duty once again, staring straight ahead even though it was obvious his every sense was trained on the shorter human.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-30-2003 01:39 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pathar entered the grand dining hall, taking in its opulent beauty and size.

“Whoa, this place looks even better in the morning,” he said. “I can almost taste that weird meat already! Wow, it sure is quiet in here! Where is the food? Where is everybody?” His gaze drifted from empty table to empty table.

“OK… Hello? Anyone here?” Panthar glanced around the massive hall and caught a shape on the other end.

“Oh, hey!” he said, moving quickly to the figure. “I didn’t see you over there! Sorry to interrupt, but where is everyone? The bellhop over there led me to believe there would be breakfast? I’d like to get a little nourishment in before meeting with… ah, with whoever I’m supposed to meeting with.”

As Panthar drew nearer, the hooded figure turned to face him. Holy crap! It was that totally hot redhead! Oh, what was her name? Jarmame? Jarhead? Oh, crap, think of something quick!

“Ah, fair lady! Please allow me to bid you a good morning, and apologize again for the trouble I caused last night.”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.105.173
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-30-2003 06:34 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though she tried, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu-Kartan simply couldn't sleep. Quite some time ago, she'd given up doing such altogether, and instead turned to pacing the length of the room she and Erik had been given...

...back and forth, back and forth.

Her mind spun in sync with her motions, back and forth between that which she had dreamed and that which was the apparent reality...

...they were here on a planet which they had been told they were associated with...

...with a Lady Jharmeen Q'utaro who seemed so strangely familiar to her...

...yet Shayla had no recollection of the planet and the Lady had denied ever knowing any of them at all.

Shayla's nerves grated at her, but then suddenly she simply firmed, whirling to face her husband who now approached her. He arched a brow in her direction as if to say "Well?"

For a long moment she stood quiet and unmoving. Then, "Something seems amiss, can you feel it?"

Erik pursed his lips, cocking his head a bit. Though trained in the Jedi ways, he was never quite as adept at such things as his wife was...

...perhaps because she had returned to the Praxeum, and perhaps because she was simply more attuned. Either way, however, he had to admit something just seemed skewed about all of this. "I can't say I feel it," he replied, "But something is definitely wrong."

Shayla merely nodded. Then she too pursed her lips, quieting a moment more. "Well, no one here seems to bear any ill-intent towards any of us, not so far as their actions show. Maybe it's just all in my head...

...but..."

She trailed.

"So shall we get this show on the road and take things as they come?" Erik queried.

Shayla's greeny-blue eyes snapped alert. "Sounds like a plan."

With that he nodded, took her by the hand, and with no further ado stepped out of the doorway where a Sith guard awaited.

Shayla nodded respectfully, then turned her greeny-blues to the eyes of the Sith warrior. "We are ready to go break our fast, and start the new day," she said simply.

Then she quieted, Erik beside her, and simply waited.

[ 06-30-2003 06:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 10:18 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Everything about Graysith remained the very picture of impassivity as she turned to confront Panthar's sudden arrival. She stood quietly, calmly clasping her hands afront her, and simply watched as he approached her. Finally he came to a stop.

Something deep in the back of her eyes flashed at his words; the brief look of fire was quickly masked by another, cooler one.

"There is no apology necessary, Mr. Dantares," she said smoothly, tilting her head briefly to him. "Obviously what distressed you so does not do so at this moment; at least that much I dare assume by your manner, which is remarkably casual for your circumstances."

Now her cloak opened with a silken whoosh as one hand went out to the side, encompassing not just the grand dining chamber they were in but the entirety of K'eel Doba as well. She let her hand drop and returned her gaze to him. Once more her head tilted to the side.

"I find that attitude... refreshing to say the least, Mr. Dantares," she commented offhandedly, softening the remark by finishing with,

"Have you breakfasted yet? I believe you will find our morning cuisine as equally refreshing."

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Kreesha

Member # 413

posted 06-30-2003 11:04 AM     Profile for Kreesha   Author's Homepage   Email Kreesha     Edit/Delete Post
Just as the morning ray's were breaking the horizon in a brilliant flood of color and light, kreesha broke away from roans arms, where she had remained looking over the city all night. Giving him one quick look she took forth S'slans Edge from beneath her cloak, and carved quickly an intricate rune upon one of the pillars, she then returned the dagger to the hidden folds of her cloak and bowed. "now my lord, i take my leave"

With that she once more vanished into the shadows, heading outward through the temple to find her way to somewhere she could seek sanctaury within the city...

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 11:13 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood slowly, putting about him robes black as night, sheathing his sword beneath them he nodded and headed from the room.

As he exited the room and turned down the hallway he merly flashed an iron gaze at all guards that he passed... For while they would not know him, his gaze was a gaze was a gaze stained by the sight of battle... Which was indeed more then could be said for those trusted to protect the temple, for indeed what battles could they have incountered when non would be stupid enough to raise conflict within the walls of this holy place.

Soon he stepped into the grand dinning room... With a single sweep of his watchful gaze he took in the sight of Jharmeen and stepped quietly over to where she stood, simply nodding once before assuming a place somewhat behind her, ready to pounce should trouble arrise...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-30-2003 11:51 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar regarded the woman before him.

“I haven’t had breakfast yet, ma’am,” he said. “Thank you for the kind offer!”

A thought crossed his mind, and a gleam showed in his eye.

“Say, I was wondering. I don’t mean to be rude in asking, but in a city full of red-skinned, horny, uptight people, what is a beautiful, white-skinned, non-horny person such as yourself doing here? And in such a position of authority! You know, I was thinking maybe later I could buy you some drinks and you could tell me all about…”

Panthar’s words trailed off as a lean, intimidating Sith strode into the hall and directly up to the Lady. The Sith nodded once and assumed a position behind her, his eyes swiftly taking in the hall and then stopping on Panthar.

“Um,” said Panthar. “Hi?”

[ 06-30-2003 11:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.31
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-30-2003 11:53 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It can not answer my question? This is getting to be more suspicious with every passing moment.

then he nodding to himself "let me clearify...

What conflicts have the sith had with the dark jedi"

He then stood quietly awaiting the answer that would come.
If you can not answer this... then the answers im looking for clearly arent here... And if you cant answer it.... Then something strange is probably happening within the sith world...

[ 06-30-2003 11:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-30-2003 03:39 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A paradox....

There was an immediate, as well as immense, flash of green and gold light. It flew out from the depths of the Revealer, heading outward along the spinning orbs inside which it was suspended, flying out and deep into the Library...

...which suddenly went black.

The Revealer itself suddenly ceased spinning, the matrix within it curdling into a solid black mass, and it seemed to somehow sag in upon itself as all power left it in an abrupt sigh.

The Keeper of the Light came running, his lined face creased with distress.

"Child, what have you done?!?" he hissed urgently, shouldering Jharu to one side as he tended to the once-glowing orb. It remained stubbornly silent. The Keeper's thick eyebrows lowered as he turned back to the halfling once again. His lips pursed into a tight line of disapproval, a line which only the tips of his fangs managed to peep through. He nodded toward the back.

"In there you will find your sword, young man," he said briefly, his eyes growing glacial. "I would advise that you depart immediately."

He crossed his arms over his still imposing chest, watching as the somewhat stunned Jharu went into the room he had indicated, returning soon thereafter with his sheathed weapon. The Keeper spoke no further, but watched in stony silence as the son of Recinis and Jharmeen left the Great Library; it was only when the boy had departed altogether that he finally moved. And then it was to close and lock the door.

"Closed for repairs until further notice," stated the sign he hung up before the creak and slam of the doors shut off the Library from the rest of Phrinnchatka, as well as from all of its inhabitants in general. The Keeper shook his head in disgust as he turned from that door.

Now to contact a Sorcerer....

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 03:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes flickered yet again as Recinis strode up to her, taking his customary place near her as if he had never once departed from her side. Those eyes grew darker and darker until she had to turn her look away from Panthar altogether, tilting her head downward briefly and letting her hair hide her face until she got herself under control once again. When she lifted her head, her every aspect radiated nothing other than cool aloofness and calm assurance.

"Strange I find this, Recinis; this need of yours to somehow protect me," she let the communication tendril slip easily into his mind along the link they yet shared. "Strange indeed, when I no longer seem to need such things."

Now she lifted the Claw-bearing hand and gave the finger to which it was affixed a meaningful waggle. Letting the robe engulf that hand now as she lowered her arm, she turned to directly face the Sith.

"And stranger yet, after you being gone from my side for so lengthy a time, to find you here again as if nothing untoward has happened."

She blinked, letting an indecipherable look cross her face, but one which seemed to lower the temperature in the Dining Hall by several degrees.

"I have learned to take care of myself," she finished with and turned smoothly back to Panthar. She fixed her gaze upon him for just a moment more before she turned away, and headed off to the back of the room where a buffet overladen with food and drink stood in silent welcome to all comers. There she turned back to where Recinis and Panthar stood.

"Come, and break your fast, Mr. Dantares," she said smoothly, lifting a hand in open invitation that he come partake of the table's exotic bounty.

[ 06-30-2003 04:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 05:17 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis couldnt help the sligth smile that crossed his face as the message came to him. Then slowly he turned and exited the room, while walking away he sent to her a small message.

"I was sworn to protect you... Time does not change duty, only command. Upon finding love in you, my duties were put on hold... But you clearly could not accept me as that any longer... And so i resumed my duties as protector... But if it is your decree that no longer shall i be that... Then no longer do i serve you."

As he reached the door he paused. "I indeed hope there may be friendship between us..."

He then strode silently through the hallways, closing his eyes he sought out the pressence he was searching for.
Now it is time for me to help guide those i care for

As he trode down many passageway's eventauly he found his way to the one he sought... Lord Roan.

Approuching slowly he spoke up when within range. "excuse me lord roan... Might i have a word with you?"

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.164
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-30-2003 05:26 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu stepped through the streets quickly, yet without destination... What should he do?

the machine... it can't be a coincidence... it cant be happenstance... There is something much greater at work here then a simple malfunction...

I should speak with Mother about this...

He quietly strode along the streets, for some reason he did not turn towards the temple, instead he soon found himself within a small park, sitting on a bench staring at a tree.

As he stared at the tree he closed his eyes and reached out to it with his mind.
On the surfice you are but a tree... You have lived your cycles... Grown through history... And yet, what is the truth of your past? its time i begin to undestand the universe, rather then just seeing it...

As the thought closed he pressed out more firmly with his mind, attempting to engrain himself within the structure of the tree...

"Show my your cycles..." his voice came out in a whisper, "let me undestand..."

He fell completly quiet at that, taking in slow steady breaths, while attempting to understand the tree... For to truly undestand the universe, he must undestand a componant of that universe... Start small,move onward from there...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.164
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 06-30-2003 06:19 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lord paused reflexively, his eyes widened in surprise to find Recinis standing just outside the door to his chambers. He recovered quickly enough though, all the more quickly for the way the feelings churning beneath Recinis's calm exterior were becoming so clearly evident to him.

He smiled easily... that smile growing darker inwardly even as it grew more pleasant in crossing his face. He knew the Sith was unable to sense what the All could so easily mask; it was all he could do to keep from throwing his head back with a mighty guffaw.

"Indeed!" he thought to himself. "I have this one's title. I shall soon have his mate... although in what manner exactly, well...."

Outwardly he merely composed himself, forcing aside the promising images that last thought brought along with it..

"Yes, Recinis?" he asked in as mild a tone as he could manage. "Is there some way I might be of assistance to you?"

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 06:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now it is time for me to help guide those I care for....

While the thought didn't coalesce in Jharmeen's mind in so many words, the presumed aura surrounding it did. She stood quietly at the buffet, her one hand still out in invitation to her guest, but her eyes remaining transfixed upon Recinis's receding back. She remained motionless, watching as he reached the door, entered, and departed altogether.

And it was only then that something very small and very fragile, something pushed down deeply inside her threw back its head and cried out in anguish. It was immediately squelched as the Beast within raised its massive paw and flattened it into obscurity.

At the buffet, Jharmeen stood poised, waiting. For what exactly, she wasn't quite sure.

"But surely, not love," the Beast, finding voice, whispered slyly into her psyche.

"Especially not that which, ah sweet and fickle caprice, proves itself all but steadfast, and cannot maintain itself by means of its own strength...."

Her gaze suddenly dropped to the quietly gleaming tattoo upon her wrist... which she found herself hating with a passion that surprised her. At that moment she wanted nothing more so than to rend it from her flesh.

But she didn't dare.

She closed her eyes, now stretching out with a calming technique Lord Aelvedaar had once taught her.

Soon, she thought to herself.

Soon....

[ 06-30-2003 06:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 07:12 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis took a small step forward nodding his head in a respectful manor. "Actauly Lord Roan, You indeed may assist me... I have come to claim the title which you now hold... While the title itself means little, the capabilities and reaches it implies i need in order to help those i hold dear... I trust you dont desire a lengthy explanation, nor do i desire to give one."

Then slowly he drew his sword and placed its blade into the ground. "Whenever you are available to meet my challange, i am ready to face you... "

he then again quietly bowed his head, and drew his sword from the ground, placing it again within the folds of his robes.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.109
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 06-30-2003 07:24 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Again Roan's eyes widened in surprise, but briefly. They immediately narrowed then as he reared back, crossing his arms in front of himself. The smile on his face curled into a superior smirk, and he actually raked his gaze up and down Recinis's black-robed body.

"You know you can never win such a battle," he said at length, the tone of his voice nothing more than if he was calmly announcing the day's weather. "It is suicide; but I do thank you for making that decision."

The smirk curled into a near-snarl as in two quick strides he was at Recinis's side. Reaching into the warrior's robes, he yanked out Recinis's sword. It whirled in a silvery arc in his hand, it's movement blurringly fast before one mighty thrust pounded it half it's gleaming length into the stones of the corridor. There it stood, shivering and vibrating, until bit by bit the harmonics stilled and all became quiet once more.

"I answer your challenge, warrior, if you are Sith enough not to retreat from it once given!"

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood calmly as Roan "accepted" his challange... Or more over attempted to instill fear within him, of which he failed utterly...

Slowly his hand reached out and drew the sword from the coridoor, and placed it again within its sheath.

"i have no reason to retreat... Nor do i have reason to fear my death... I have been prepared to die sense the day of my becoming a warrior, fear of an opponant is not something i am capable of feeling, you should know this, unless things have changed greatly in warrior training between my birth and yours, though i highly doubt they have."

He then examined roans movements in his head, noting the reflexes and strength his opponant had showed him.

"As for this being a fight i can not win... You hold only one advantage... And that is your command of the all... But that very advantage makes me wonder... Have your skills as a warrior decreased with that luxory? I suppose we will find out... Lord roan, Name the time... For i currently have no duties i am forced to meet, whenever you are free... it shall be done."

As he had spoken his face had remained completly passive, void of all hints to what he was thinking... And with his words done he simply bowed once more and awaited his opponents reply.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.141
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-30-2003 07:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quietly, Shayla and Erik followed the Sith guard back to the Dining Hall where others were beginning to eat from the multitude of food that the buffet presented. As they did so, Shayla took note of a few Sith eating here and there...

...but her eyes took careful note of Panthar Dantares and the Lady Jharmeen Qu'taro. Shayla couldn't help her eyes from pausing for a moment on Dantares...

...she clearly remembered his strange behavior from the evening before. For a moment, that look flashed with something of an uncertainty...

...then it returned completely calm. Only then did she again look to Lady Jharmeen.

Hoping to present herself an appreciative guest, Shayla curtsied in respect. Then, "Good morning and thank you so much for the kindness you have afforded us here as we seek answers, Lady Jharmeen."

Then with that she fell silent, unmoving for the moment in deference to this woman whose authority was undeniable.

[ 06-30-2003 07:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 06-30-2003 08:01 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roan snarled.

He took a quick step in towards Recinis, and another, and yet another. Finally he was within spitting distance... and less.

His clawed hand flashed out and gathered up a handful of Recinis's robes, pulling him up until they were nose to nose and eye to eye. Again his lip curled in distaste.

"You speak as a warrior to a warrior, Recinis, and in doing so you surely realize one thing."

He paused a moment, trembling with growing rage and ire, the hand gripping the silken robe worn by his opponent tightening to such an extent that his claws ripped through the cloth to meet together as though they were jaws of a trap.

He hauled Recinis yet closer to his own face.

"And that is that as a warrior I will fight with every weapon at my disposal. This means the All as well, so do not try to distract me with your puny ways of supposed honor. They will not work.

"I have your title... and I shall keep it.

"And I shall have your female as well... and your son!"

With that he threw Recinis from him with such force that the Sith warrior flew from his grasp and careened against the wall of the corridor. Roan merely stood his ground, now smiling darkly, clenching and unclenching his hands as though ready to tear into battle right then and there.

[ 06-30-2003 08:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-30-2003 08:07 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu continued his study of the tree for some time, his mind whirling around the simple complexities the tree proposed...

It had lived many years... Yet there was more to it... It had gone through cycles of life...

From a seed, to a sprout... To a small tree... Growing branches... Growing leaves, Growing buds, blooming to beauty, partialy dieing.... Returning again to bloom again... the cycle would continue untill its life had no more strength to replenish the fruits it bore...

The cycle would continue... Its life would repeat itself... Yet there would be differences... Changes... Our lives are much the same... Day to day has the same basic structure... We bloom in the morning, are plucked of our fruits in the afternoon as we work and fulfil our tasks... And we let ourselves die as we fall asleep... Only to bloom again the next morning, and every mornin untill we have not the life to bloom anymore...

As he sat thinking he felt, or rather heard his stomach growl in anticipation of food... he considered for a moment...

Well, i suppose now is as good a time as ever... Ive felt the energies at work within me before... Ive used them before... Now...

Quietly he extended himself to the tree. "can you bloom for me now? can you produce for me food so i might end my hunger?"

As the thought came through his head he concentraited on his feelings, trying to bring to himself food...

Somewhere in the universe... Tree's are still very alive... Still filled with fruit... From what i undestand, there will always be ballance... So... if i succeed, this tree will bloom, but another will wither... Is it a worthy sacrifice? thats the question that must be answered...

Yes... it is a worthy trade in this instance...

Again he reached out, commited to the cause, though he was unsure how to accomplish the act.. But he tried...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.141
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 08:20 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood and brushed himself off, nodding his head a small smile crept onto his face.

"i would not be pleased unless you fought with every weapon at your disposal... but Know this... Where i might not have use of the all, i have other powers at my command,powers that can not be conquered, powers that you have little undestanding of..."

He stepped forward again. "You say you will take my 'female' well, she is not mine... She is not a possession which i may guard and keep away... She is someone i hold dear, someone that i care for... but she is still simply a person, and not a possession... If she deems you worthy of her company, that is indeed great for you... But dont speak to me as though you are claiming her from me, that is impossible... As for my son... he too is not a possession... How you would claim him i have no clue, his will is strong, and his mind is set... And if need be he will battle you with every ounce of fire he holds within his soul... He may not be a warrior, but his soul burns with a fire that can not be stopped... I do not suggest you attempt to reach that fire... You will indeed be burned doing so."

he then took another step forward, smiling calmly as he spoke his next words. "yet, you clearly see you will be defeated... Or you would not be refering to it as my title... You would be claiming it defenetly as your own... The very statement that you will keep MY title, and not maintain your own... That shows that deep down,you are unsure of what i can do... Youve little seen me fight roan... Ive seen the all used constantly... I have been sorrounded by it sense my awakening... it has been a weapon to cut my soul... And a salve to calm my wounds... Perhaps i can not wield it... But indeed i do undestand it..."

--------------------

---BMG

Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 06-30-2003 09:08 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now Roan did laugh. He tossed back his head, his fangs gleaming sharply in the light of the wall sconces as great bellows of laughter rolled forth from his chest, over and over to strike and reverberate from the stone floor and walls until the echo of it joined devastatingly and canceled itself out.

As that laughter died out he lowered his head, to face his opponent once more.

"To ... claim your female and son? Who mentioned claim?

"I will have their flesh rent from their bodies. Their deaths will be slow and painful. And as such, hollow honor and so-called 'death for cause' has no meaning when in the end... well.

"Dead is dead, Recinis. Small victory there, would you not say?

"Enough!"

Now Roan interrupted himself, and lowered his brows. His brilliant turquoise eyes stared holes through Recinis's emerald pair.

"Enough with semantics. The challenge has been given, and accepted. I meet you in the courtyard on the next dawning.

"To the death."

[ 06-30-2003 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-30-2003 09:29 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis nodded slowly, "then so be it, thank you for yoru time Lord roan, I shall see you tomorow"

With that he turned and exited, returning to the room where everyone had gathered, he approuched graysith cooly, bowing his head deeply and a semi kneel he spoke. "M'lady... I am sorry to interupt you, but I have challanged Lord Roan for the title i was born too... As dark lady of the warrior clan i ask your permission to fight this battle to its fullest."

"I would also like to thank you for welcoming me back... It has been so wonderful seeing your face again...I know things have changed... And although it is hard to accept, i will indeed accept it... But remember, no matter what happens, no matter what i ever do in my blindness... I promised never to leave your side... and although once i have done it already... I will never do it again... I also wanted to tell you... Your not needing me to protect you... Im happy... But you need to realize, you never needed me to protect you, you have been strong from the day i met you... I have simply protected you untill you realized that... And intill you were strong enough in spirit to tell me to stop... But dispite that, i will always be there to help you... never doubt that... Never forget it..."

With that he bowed once more, "As lady of warriors, i dare not overstep your word, please consider my request M'lady, and tell me of your answer whenever it comes to you... Im afraid i must go prepare for tomorow, I will need every ounce of strength i can muster to defeat lord roan"

Bowing once more he turned and exited, beginning to find his way to a quiet room where he could prepare himself mentaly and physicaly.

--------------------

---BMG

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05