my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Water on Tatooine.... (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Water on Tatooine....
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-01-2003 06:59 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What money? Oh you mean this money." Ken held up the wad of creds. The man who grabbed him was bigger in size. However he did not look like the local security force.

"Tell you what big guy, I give you....here..200 credits. Now you leave me alone and forget ALL about what you saw. You want more? Ok here is andther 100 credits. Happy? Good. Now I must be on my way."

Ken hoped the bribe would work. He did not want to get into trouble with the local security, and he sure did not want to fight with this big guy.

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-02-2003 10:49 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
Cartar smiled to himself. Sometimes vigilance (as long as its given with a grain of corruption) does pay off. He badly needed the money anyway.
"This ought to do well.... Say, do you happen to work for anyone?" Grisum inquired. If this fellow actually did work for the kind of filth that he was looking for, then Cartar might find himself an employer.

--------------------

Do not "use the force." Manipulate it. Twist it. Contort it. That is when you shall learn to become a truly worthy adversary. --Cartar Grisum

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.75.121
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-02-2003 11:13 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia glanced over to Xam with a startled look. He wasn't expecting him to aid, but whoever wanted to was needed. Smiling happily he nodded his head and loosened the lock on his lightsaber. Heading off to the closest signal of life force, he hid behind a rock.

Pulling out his lightsaber in the quickest and most skillful way he could without dropping it, he headed toward the body. On his way he took the eyes of the animal in his own, peering into it's soul...

It was then that he stopped, placing the lightsaber down at his waist once more. Buckling it back to his belt, he kneeled and peted the sandcat, making sure soothe instead of scare it. Closing his eyes, Lumbia began working with his most trustworthy ally, the Force. Using it to guide him into a conversation with the cat, he found that a corpse was close by and still fresh.

Getting back to his feet, Lumbia headed down the path that he was given by the sandcat. After 10 minutes of running through the sand, they came upon large dewback corpse with a few of it's comrades 100 meters away resting.

"Hmm...this could become a troublesome situation," Lumbia said, his eyes moving to the side of him to observe his assistant in the hunt.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-03-2003 04:25 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Xam followed the young Jedi, Lumbia, as one of the older jedi had called him. Xam allowed Lumbia to lead the way. He had both blasters drawn and was ready for anything.

When they reached a dewback corpse and caught sight of the sandcats around it, Xam felt uneasy.

"Don't worry, we can take them out. 10 of them and two of us, thats make 5 each, shouldn't be a problem." With that Xam set his blasters on maximum power.

"Ok here's the plan. You sneak around them to the back, "hide" yourself with the force or something. Then on my signal, we attack and trap them in the middle.....or would you prefer to just charge right in right now?"

Xam looked at the Lumbia and waited for his reply.....

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-03-2003 04:32 AM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He took the bribe, good

Ken looked at the man. He seemed ok but there was something that he did not like about him.

"No, I work for myself. Why do you ask?" Ken said. Ken was hoping that this big man had a ship of his own. Then he could persuade him to bring him to Kiva.

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-03-2003 09:59 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
Cartar looked at the man carefully... something about him was different. Force sensitive? Grisum wondered. No, it couldn't be.
He stuffed the credits into a pocket on the inside of his cloak. "What business is it of your's why I ask you something, street rat? But, if you must know, I'll tell you," Cartar was hoping the fellow was bluffing about working for himself, or that maybe he knew an employer. "I'm looking for a means of... getting on my feet. If you know what I refer to. If you happen to know of any employers," he leaned closer, "such as a member of the Hutt family, for example, then I would greatly appreciate it if you would inform me of them." He subtly rubbed his thumb and forefinger together. "It could prove to be quite lucrative for you."

--------------------

Do not "use the force." Manipulate it. Twist it. Contort it. That is when you shall learn to become a truly worthy adversary. --Cartar Grisum

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.74.28
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-03-2003 02:02 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No!"

Lumbia said it as stern as he could. His looks as serious as the prey that were about the dewback, prepared to pounce at any moment. It was a long moment afterwards were there was complete silence between the two. The oldest, Lumbia staring forth with his hair being blown in the wind of the desert night. His body warmth decreasing as he glared forward into space, not moving an inch.

"They worked for this, they shouldn't die for that. We aren't part of their foodchain process, we shouldn't be interfering or attacking them. The corpse should be shared between us." Lumbia said, his eyes coming down as his mind began thinker.

Finishing his thoughts he headed to the body, with his hand out, trying his hardest to manipulate the minds of the cats to make sure they wouldn't be frightful or over protective of the food. Pulling out his lightsaber as he made it to the body, he cut it in almost evenly.

Taking the smaller half he dragged it back to Loban.

"Okay, that is enough. We both need to carry this back and keep an eye out, there is still danger in these parts."

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05